Flowering Time For Trainwreck

Guest thequietone

Guest thequietone

Everything I have read on Trainwreck tells me it should get done in 60 to 65 days. Mine are on day 39 and are showing 90% cloudy already. Has anyone heard of a phenom of Trainwreck that finishes in around 50 days. mine looks a lot like the Dr. Greenthumb that Kingdiamond is growing.

Here it is a day 36. I will post updated pics tomorrow.

garden1611022.jpg

garden1611030.jpg

garden1611052.jpg

garden1611023.jpg

garden1611034.jpg

Same deal here at day 50 i see a lot of cloudy trichs and also did back in day 34 doc told me to examine my flower area to check for light leaks its possible a stress factor brought on the early onset of cloudy trichs Dr greenthumb also recommends a full 65 days of flower for his trainwreck arcata cut . :thumbsu:

Guest thequietone

Same deal here at day 50 i see a lot of cloudy trichs and also did back in day 34 doc told me to examine my flower area to check for light leaks its possible a stress factor brought on the early onset of cloudy trichs Dr greenthumb also recommends a full 65 days of flower for his trainwreck arcata cut . :thumbsu:

No light leaks and I cannot think of anything that might of stressed her out. I have been watching yours KD with great interest as I am pretty sure it is the the same as yours. Has any trichs started to turn amber yet on yours?

Edited by thequietone

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm at day 48 in flowering and the trichs remain the same.

garden11811011.jpg

Time to tie up these buds.

garden11811006.jpg

garden11811015.jpg

garden11811041.jpg

garden11811046.jpg

Well my early cloudy trichs came from stress from an interupted light cycle ( :huh: )one of them suffered and slightly hermied the other ones still going strong and showing a lot of clear trichs 6 days from its harvest time .

Those look mighty frosty man ! :bow:

Guest thequietone

Thanks guys, I am pretty sure trainwreck will be a permanent strain in my garden. I plan on letting her go until I see 10% amber hopefully it will be close to the 65th day.

Thanks guys, I am pretty sure trainwreck will be a permanent strain in my garden. I plan on letting her go until I see 10% amber hopefully it will be close to the 65th day.

im a ways behind you with mine, but its looking very promising already :)

mine are the arcata cut fem from dr. greenthumb from seed.

yours looks to be a bit more sativa though?? could very well be grow methods..... what do you think you will yield from her??

Guest thequietone

I grow in dirt that I mix myself with FF organics for nutes. I really try not to guess weight before harvest especially with the buds getting so heavy, but I am hoping for at least 3 to 5. I know I will be tying up more branches before she gets harvested.

Not sure of where the trainwreck comes from. I tried to contact the person I got it from, but so far I have had no response.

• 1 month later...

this is my arcata trainwreck e-32 obtained from an awesome lady downstate. It's at week 6... will cut sometime in the next 2 weeks as soon as i see a few amber trichromes. right now they are mostly cloudy with a few clears... date on camera wasnt set right so pay no attention to it. grown in B'cuzz with GH 3part +koolbloom, tecniflora magical, botanicare silica blast, and great white beneficial microbes. water is well water. not treated.

post-16345-0-51182600-1298877640_thumb.jpg

post-16345-0-89359400-1298877660_thumb.jpg

i have done one inn the passed and i let mine go almost 10 weeks i got it from proplayer420 thank you jack

i hope i can get another one

Ah some nice pictures here. Gotta luv trainwreck!!!

And Bob, Anytime you want one let me know as I do still have my trainwreck and in the flower room as we speak. Just let me know and I'll get ya one rooted up. Tbese trainwrecks have been in flower for almost 5 weeks now. But look at the frost already. I like to let mine go 9-10 weeks. I harvest with about 20-25& amber to get the wreck affect. Such a tasty treat to have in ones garden. This is an original clone only cut Arcata TRainwreck, She was brought back from cali awhile ago.

feb28th016.jpg

I think everyone out there needs to realize that there is real classic Arcata Trainwreck that is clone only. When people say, I have Trainwreck, they often mean they have a strain that may or may not be related to the original Trainwreck. If you started your trainwreck from seeds, its not the same plant as the clone only Trainwreck.

All the seeds companies offering "trainwreck" may or may not be selling anything related to the original trainwreck.

A lot of the hybrids are really good, so I'm not ripping the wreck, I love the wreck!

I am getting really tired of companies offering every new plant they sell as a kush, diesel, or trainwreck relative, and people thinking they are getting something so much better than the seeds available 10-20 years ago.

One of the neat things about trainwreck is that it looks good at 45 days, 50 days, 60 days, 70 days, and 80 days.

feb28th016.jpg

very nice :goodjob:

well done. she looks very tasty.

I think everyone out there needs to realize that there is real classic Arcata Trainwreck that is clone only. When people say, I have Trainwreck, they often mean they have a strain that may or may not be related to the original Trainwreck. If you started your trainwreck from seeds, its not the same plant as the clone only Trainwreck.

All the seeds companies offering "trainwreck" may or may not be selling anything related to the original trainwreck.

A lot of the hybrids are really good, so I'm not ripping the wreck, I love the wreck!

I am getting really tired of companies offering every new plant they sell as a kush, diesel, or trainwreck relative, and people thinking they are getting something so much better than the seeds available 10-20 years ago.

One of the neat things about trainwreck is that it looks good at 45 days, 50 days, 60 days, 70 days, and 80 days.

+rep for pointing that out.

as a socal native i am VERY VERY VERY familiar with the arcata cut and grew it feverishly until moving here last summer.

i had to let it go.

and then dr. greenthumb advertised that he had acquired the arcata cut and femmed it.

now regardless of what others may think.... i have never ever ever grown a dr. greenthumb seed to harvest..... his tw will be my first. and i have some of his chemo iranian in veg right now............ i do not advertise for something i have never used..................

they are about 35 days in flower right now and i can 100% attest..... as a grower who actually knows the original strain VERY VERY WELL.... that so far it is spot on.

Guest thequietone

Forgot about this thread sorry folks. I harvested mine on day 56 she was full cloudy with maybe 5% amber. As far as I know this is the clone only cut, but I am going on what I was told. I acquired the clone from a member from this site I believe his name was Highdog. On day 55 the top bud broke and was hanging when I went into check on the ladies. I forgot to take pics before cutting down so these are from five days prior to harvest.

garden11211023.jpg

garden11211012.jpg

garden11211045.jpg

garden11211018.jpg

garden11211020.jpg

• 2 months later...