Ignorant Blowhards

Another great post by Pete at http://www.drugwarrant.com/

The author wrote for George Bush. Please go to the link for full mental derangement.

http://www.drugwarrant.com/2011/01/and-ignorant-blowhards-in-3-2-1/

After horrific shootings, we hear calls for stricter regulation of guns. The Tucson shooting should remind us why we regulate marijuana.

Jared Lee Loughner, the man held as the Tucson shooter, has been described by those who know as a “pot smoking loner.”

He had two encounters with the law, one for possession of drug paraphanalia. [...]

After the Tucson shooting, there may be renewed pressure to control the weapons that committed the crime. But what about the drugs that may have aggravated the killer’s mental disease? The trend these days seems toward a more casual attitude and easier access to those drugs. Among the things we should be discussing in the aftermath of this horror is the accumulating evidence of those drugs’ potential contribution to making some dangerous people even more dangerous than they might otherwise have been.

http://www.frumforum.com/did-pot-trigger-giffords-shooting

They should regulate the use or purchase of any 30 round clip or magizine. If you cant hit your target in 10 shots you dont need a gun anyways. 30 round clips are for guys that get all bent out of shape over a HAPPY MEAL and go to their car get their 30 round glock out and take out 20 people before he needs to reload. The Two guys that tackled that idiot the other day are hero's if they hadnt acted there would have been many more dead im afraid. No need for 30 round ammo clips

Plus i think Sarah Palin had more to do with the shoting than POT did . Here she's put cross hairs on people of congress for voting yes on the health care bill. And the victim even brought it up in a interview. Takes brains to put cross hairs on people of public service now dont it. Caraboo Barbie needs to stick to moose hunting and say out of politics

if you need 10 shots you should not bare arms to a robber/enemy! Cause ill Kill your azz with my muzzle loader and shoot you the 2nd time before you can even think of finding you weapon again!!!!

If you ban certain weapons , ammo, etc, than only the bad guys will have them,,do you realy think some one like that is a law abiding citizen?or has all their marbles in a group? we are never going to keep weapons out of the hand of criminals, but law abiding citizens will be the ones unarmed! (at least most, I wont be unarmed ever!)

peace

FTW

Jim

edit= lol about caraboo barbie! :lolu:

Highly stressed humans are going to lash out against the troop using the most destructive means at their disposal.

China has had an ongoing issue with non-paired males attacking children and babies in schools and nurseries.

To the point where Chinese LEO and school workers were provided with, and trained to use man-catcher pole-arms.

American's ready access to extremely lethal weapons just increases the damage done when these psych-bombs go off here in the US.

Plus i think Sarah Palin had more to do with the shooting than POT did . Here she's put cross hairs on people of congress for voting yes on the health care bill. And the victim even brought it up in a interview. Takes brains to put cross hairs on people of public service now dont it. Caribou Barbie needs to stick to moose hunting and say out of politics

Good logic Kingpinn. There is ZERO evidence that the shooter was on the right and lots of evidence he was on the left. Your post falls into the "You need more cowbells" catagory.

By the way, the democrats put out a similar map (they used targets on states rather than gunsights):http://www.dlc.org/ndol_ci.cfm?contentid=253055&kaid=127&subid=171

Maybe this was responsible.

if you need 10 shots you should not bare arms to a robber/enemy! Cause ill Kill your azz with my muzzle loader and shoot you the 2nd time before you can even think of finding you weapon again!!!!

If you ban certain weapons , ammo, etc, than only the bad guys will have them,,do you realy think some one like that is a law abiding citizen?or has all their marbles in a group? we are never going to keep weapons out of the hand of criminals, but law abiding citizens will be the ones unarmed! (at least most, I wont be unarmed ever!)

peace

FTW

Jim

So right.

Peace

Look I'm a hardcore second amendment advocate and citizen's have a right to own whatever they please. But let's watch the rhetoric. I mean I keep 20 guns fully loaded with 50 extended clips each in case 20 perps with machine guns and RPG's make an assault on my house like you read about everyday in America!!!!! If you've made that many enemies your already dead.

Another great post by Pete at http://www.drugwarrant.com/

The author wrote for George Bush. Please go to the link for full mental derangement.

http://www.drugwarrant.com/2011/01/and-ignorant-blowhards-in-3-2-1/

After horrific shootings, we hear calls for stricter regulation of guns. The Tucson shooting should remind us why we regulate marijuana.

Jared Lee Loughner, the man held as the Tucson shooter, has been described by those who know as a “pot smoking loner.”

He had two encounters with the law, one for possession of drug paraphanalia. [...]

After the Tucson shooting, there may be renewed pressure to control the weapons that committed the crime. But what about the drugs that may have aggravated the killer’s mental disease? The trend these days seems toward a more casual attitude and easier access to those drugs. Among the things we should be discussing in the aftermath of this horror is the accumulating evidence of those drugs’ potential contribution to making some dangerous people even more dangerous than they might otherwise have been.

http://www.frumforum.com/did-pot-trigger-giffords-shooting

When I heard that this guy was a "pothead", my first reaction was "Oh great. More fodder for the haters." After thinking about it, I realize that the same argument used for handgun possession applies for MJ also: It isn't guns that kill people - it's the people wielding the guns. Same would apply to MJ: It isn't MJ that drives people mad - they have to be inclined that way. I believe that it has been demonstrated that neurotic/mentally ill people have their symptoms enhanced by MJ. SO mentally ill people shouldn't have guns or marijuana. Kinda commonsensical IMO.

I believe that it has been demonstrated that neurotic/mentally ill people have their symptoms enhanced by MJ. SO mentally ill people shouldn't have guns or marijuana. Kinda commonsensical IMO.

Right. A mentally deranged person might smoke pot and decide to reek some havoc, right asfter he eats these mallomars and then some chips and mabee some ice cream...aw screw it.

Good logic Kingpinn. There is ZERO evidence that the shooter was on the right and lots of evidence he was on the left.

I don't think I would consider anyone who enjoyed "Mein Kampf" to be on the left side...

Anyway the "target" lists aren't the only violent rhetoric flying around.

Angle: "2nd amendment remedies", Palin: "Don't retreat, reload!" (Dontchaknow)

I'm not necessarily blaming anyone/thing, but the way politicians have been wording things is extremely irresponsible.

HUH? :unsure:

I don't think I was real clear with that statement. Some psychiatrist or a study done somewhere concluded that paranoid schizophrenics become more delusional under the influence of marijuana. Does that seem illogical or far fetched? I can understand how that might be true especially if the marijuana the schizophrenic is under the influence of is something like White Widow or AK-47. Some of that stuff is nearly hallucinogenic.

I can understand how that might be true especially if the marijuana the schizophrenic is under the influence of is something like White Widow or AK-47. Some of that stuff is nearly hallucinogenic.

Never ever blame marijuana unless you can prove it.

Peace

Never ever blame marijuana unless you can prove it.

Peace

You're right. I had read something to the effect that MJ had a negative effect on schizophrenics. Here is a study that shows just the opposite.

http://www.mpp.org/library/research/the-neuropsychological.html

I need to do more research before making blanket statements. :phew:

You're right. I had read something to the effect that MJ had a negative effect on schizophrenics. Here is a study that shows just the opposite.

http://www.mpp.org/l...chological.html

Yeeep ! Talk about shooting first and asking questions later.

Anyone who belives that magizine size limits is going to fix this is delusional. Gun control does not work,then only criminals will have these. We all know if it is against the law then it is not a fair target for crime.That being said I dont own any high capicty magizines I have no use for one.I hunt with a single shot most times,and that is all I was allowed as a child so you learned to get ur done with one shot.I also believe all childen should learn propper gun control and gun safety.No better way to learn gun control than with one shot. Gun dont kill people.

Fix it? No. Limit potential targets? Let's look at the facts. 30 shot-clip one in the chamber. Pull trigger 31 times, reload, somebody stopped him. Nothing changes if you substitute 6 or 1,000 for 31. Factual logic!!!

Highly stressed humans are going to lash out against the troop using the most destructive means at their disposal.

China has had an ongoing issue with non-paired males attacking children and babies in schools and nurseries.

To the point where Chinese LEO and school workers were provided with, and trained to use man-catcher pole-arms.

American's ready access to extremely lethal weapons just increases the damage done when these psych-bombs go off here in the US.

sorry I totaly dont understand what you mean! Realy can you explaing what a man-catcher pole -arms are? :rolleyes:

and also americans ready access to extrmely lethal weapons just increases the damage done when these psyco-bombs go off here in the us.?

Spit it out!

What are you talking about?

Peace

FTW

Jim

Look I'm a hardcore second amendment advocate and citizen's have a right to own whatever they please. But let's watch the rhetoric. I mean I keep 20 guns fully loaded with 50 extended clips each in case 20 perps with machine guns and RPG's make an assault on my house like you read about everyday in America!!!!! If you've made that many enemies your already dead.

lmao! :thumbsu::goodjob:

Peace

FTW

Jim

No I wouldnt agree with that. This deranged indivual just committed a death penalty crime.That didnt seem to phase him.I am a hunter and gun owner.I dont have any high capicity mags as I see no need for my purposes and canoot use them to hunt so dont own.I however believe these are just ineffective laws that only effect the law abiding citizens.Lets enforce the gun laws we have.Lets stop people from using these tragedies for there agenda.Saying a magizine ban would of changed this outcome is as ridicouls as the news printing marijuana had anything to do with this.I for one feel that these high capicity mag make for poor shots.I also only deer hunt with a muzzle loader and feel no handicap.I only want one shot but do not believe I can infringe on someone elses choice if legal.

yes they do make for poor shots, the barrel gets to hot and it becomes inacurate with each shot, if your a smart person with a 30 round clip, you aim and only fire one round as you need it, and you dont have to reload as often, 30 bullets = 30 kills!

Now on the other hand if 15 people are coming at you,,,you mite want to just scatter shoot em all at about waist to chest level, :rolleyes:

and than im gonna save the world! :thumbsu:

Peace

FTW

Jim

http://www.mpp.org/l...chological.html

There was a program (or something) I saw that had a young man who himself

and his parents claimed that smoking Cannabis is what 'caused' his schizophrenia.

Maybe true, probably not though. I know people who work for NSA that will tell you

it actually quiets the voices. imho, there just isn't enough data on this subject.

I don't think I was real clear with that statement. Some psychiatrist or a study done somewhere concluded that paranoid schizophrenics become more delusional under the influence of marijuana. Does that seem illogical or far fetched? I can understand how that might be true especially if the marijuana the schizophrenic is under the influence of is something like White Widow or AK-47. Some of that stuff is nearly hallucinogenic.

Hey, AK-47 is an assault rifle. Should we ban it because it might cause someonne to go crazy and start shooting?

GET REAL

Good logic Kingpinn. There is ZERO evidence that the shooter was on the right and lots of evidence he was on the left. Your post falls into the "You need more cowbells" catagory.

Shame on you for using a tragic incident like this for political propaganda. He also listed Ayn Rand the author that Rand Paul was named after as one of his favorite books. Not only Ayn Rand but also Adolph Hitler and Carl Marx as favorite books. Can you think of anything more at opposite ends of the political spectrum than Ayn Rand and Carl Marx? It is clear he is not able to even see the contradictory nature of his beliefs. It is just as clear to me he was easily influenced by anything he read political and did not have a clue about any one political ideology. If you saw his youtube video you would also see he ranted about money being worthless and not backed by gold or silver. Even though that is a conservative talking point you can't call this nut job either right or left because he was not clear in his own mind.

Now for the left that wants to start yelling gun control. First off limiting magazine size does nothing. In case you forget that did not work before and will not work now. Remember that magazines manufactured before the ban will remain legal. The manufacturers will ramp up production and make millions selling the magazines after the ban at huge prices. I bought plenty of 30 round magazines for an AR15 after the last ban. But the bottom line is blaming the gun is like blaming a pencil for spelling errors.

So who is to blame? He is. We need to remember that and we should not give up our liberties because we feel terrorized by a small crazy number of people in our society.

However, that does not mean that the discourse has not gone far beyond where it should be. We can't make logical decisions on where we are headed as a nation if we can discuss the issues dispassionately and with intellectual honesty.

Archived