Medical Marijuana Political Action Committee Plans To Raise $500,000 In 2011 To Support Sensible Policies And Candidates.

reliefchoices

So this is who representing what? PAC for patient/caregiver or dispensary/patient/caregiver? I'm not supporting anything that promotes dispensaries until licensing and regulations are enacted by the legislature, and we best not be going there anytime soon. We have enough to protect.

I've been watching this post and so far there as been no answer as to who they are. The following is copied and pasted from their web site and I have my own concerns about the one I've changed the color of the font... Ryan Richmond owns and manages several businesses on a local and national level. This statement troubles me because it almost sounds by taking a hard look at their credentials that they could possibly be part of a movement to commercialize medical marijuana. We all know there are those who would like big Pharma to control this and we would loose our rights to grow for ourselves!

Now the following statement is from their "About Our Organization and What We Hope To Achieve" and again I see those words that state the commercialization of MM.It is our intent to inform and educate our local leaders and state legislators to respect the wishes of the voters while doing so in a sensible, practical way that is respectful to the concerns of community and business leaders. Through a comprehensive and reasoned approach to medical marijuana policy, we don't just seek to protect the rights of patients, but also to fully realize the opportunities for business growth, job creation, and revenue that a sensible approach can create.

I don't support any movement that will take away our rights we voted for. In fact if they had left out the part that talks about business growth, job creation, and revenue they may have been worth taking a look at.

Dizz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arnold M. Podolsky, M.D.,J.D.

Dr. Podolsky obtained his undergraduate degree after four years of study from Oakland University, where he majored in Biology/biochemistry. From there he went on to Wayne State University where he was awarded a Doctor of Medicine degree after an additional four years of study. He achieved board certification status with the American Board of Anesthesiologists after sitting for written and oral examination. Dr. Podolsky continued his achievements by attending Detroit College of Law as a Faculty Scholar and graduated cum laude, with a juris doctor degree. Dr. Podolsky’s current professional activities include the active practice of law as well as providing physician services to patients interested in obtaining certification to register for medical marijuana in Michigan.

Ryan D. Richmond

With a vast business background, Ryan owns and manages several businesses on a local and national level. His recent ventures in the medical marijuana industry include:Clinical Relief - Former Ferndale, MI based dispensary that was among the first business of it's kind in the state.

Relief Choices - Helped assemble and organize management in a rapidly expanding dispensary that has grown to three locations in less than 90 days.

Edible Marijuana - Formed an edible division that provides options to patients that prefer to ingest their medicine in an organic and safe manner.

Marijuana Patients Organization - A non-profit patient organization that promotes and protects medical marijuana patients rights. Visit MarijuanaPatients.org

Paul Tylenda, J.D.

Paul's background and relationships help to drive his law firm forward. He continues to build valuable relationships with several area prosecutors and judges. His reputation is built on the relationships that he creates with his clients and the voice he lends to them when they need help the most.

Paul has represented several high profile medical marijuana cases throughout Michigan.

Neil Rockind, J.D.

As a prosecutor, Rockind was assigned to handle complex and high profile cases. As a special prosecutor, he handled the most complex and high profile cases in the office, including but not limited to People v Kevorkian (the prosecution of famed assisted suicide advocate Jack Kevorkian), People v Horton (the prosecution of a pastor charged with taking clandestine videotapes of his parishioners in the bathrooms of his church) and People v Mayhew (a groundbreaking vehicular homicide case).

In 1997 Neil pursued his own private practice to champion and defend the individual rights we are all afforded. In private practice, Rockind has handled countless high profile cases. He was the legal commentator for WDIV (NBC) and had a recurring role on a legal news series for WJBK (Fox 2). His help to the PAC is invaluable and the voice he lends patients is instrumental to defending their individual rights.

Joseph Fisher

I don't support any movement that will take away our rights we voted for. In fact if they had left out the part that talks about business growth, job creation, and revenue they may have been worth taking a look at.

Dizz

Hi Diz,

I like that you want what is in the patient's best interest. It would be better if that were always a black and white issue, but I think some situations need more scrutiny.

I honestly believe that business growth, job creation, and revenue can happen without touching the current rights. The patient's right to grow is not endangered by such activity, in my opinion. Setting that aside, look at this from another angle for a moment.

A PAC is a very powerful tool, and it can change an election. The prohibitionists use them like crazy, but this is a a rare PAC that fights prohibitionists. This might be a PAC looking to oust the Oakland County Crusaders and replace them with MMJ friendly folks. I think they can do it, and the rest of the politicians in Michigan will take notice come 2012.

You might even be able to support a specific cause through them. For example, you might raise 10k in thier name with the requirement that it to be used in an anti Bouchard message. Or maybe a pro-patient message.

Or who knows, maybe a pro-medical marijuana millionaire, like the one from the great state of Ohio who purchased banner space on this very site, might want to have some fun with Bouchard and Cooper.

What do you think?

Hi Diz,

I like that you want what is in the patient's best interest. It would be better if that were always a black and white issue, but I think some situations need more scrutiny.

I honestly believe that business growth, job creation, and revenue can happen without touching the current rights. The patient's right to grow is not endangered by such activity, in my opinion. Setting that aside, look at this from another angle for a moment.

A PAC is a very powerful tool, and it can change an election. The prohibitionists use them like crazy, but this is a a rare PAC that fights prohibitionists. This might be a PAC looking to oust the Oakland County Crusaders and replace them with MMJ friendly folks. I think they can do it, and the rest of the politicians in Michigan will take notice come 2012.

You might even be able to support a specific cause through them. For example, you might raise 10k in thier name with the requirement that it to be used in an anti Bouchard message. Or maybe a pro-patient message.

Or who knows, maybe a pro-medical marijuana millionaire, like the one from the great state of Ohio who purchased banner space on this very site, might want to have some fun with Bouchard and Cooper.

What do you think?

I can totally relate to what you are making reference to and respect your opinion. It's hard for me as a politician, yes I'm a politician, to listen to my fellow public servants voice their distaste in regards to patient and caregivers rights as well as enact zoning laws to prohibit their rights. I have watched many of them run on a platform of promises that are broken as soon as they take oath and realize they can't make the changes they promised because they do not have enough support to do so. I have experienced far to many politicians talking the talk and not walking the walk their entire time in office, but ran on a platform of change and state the needed changes until the time they leave office. Yes I know how powerful a PAC is....with this said I still think that any efforts to "commercialize" marijuana at this point will result in a loss of rights for those of whom this law is so vital for their medical needs at this time. It's to early in the game to try to mix revenue, job creation and business growth and it would take more than a PAC to change the views of this entire States governments from local on up to Snyder to develop a plan that would make us all happy and have our original rights remain intact. As far as the pro MM from Ohio...I think he should focus his efforts on Ohio's needs unless he would like to move to Michigan and help protect our rights.

Dizz

Clear and Unambiguous,

The one question I forgot to ask you, what is your connection to Relief Choices? Are you one of the clinics who recruit caregivers as well as provides MM products to their patients. It would be quite convenient for this organization to have the law tweaked to suit their needs. They would no longer have to recruit caregivers to comply with the law. By no means am I trying to be disrespectful but for sake of discussion this is just a little coincidental in my opinion.

Dizz

Patients and caregivers rights should always be the main focus. The business opportunities may come as a side benefit but to keep pushing this angle of business revenue, it smacks in the face of our law. I can see a need for successful businesses in such a poor state but this is the wrong time to be pushing this and I wish the out-of-staters would stay out of it too unless they wanna move here and support our rights. Just because something isn't mentioned in the law doesn't mean people should push for it. Something isn't right about all this. This whole dispensary issue is ruining it for us all, I'm sorry some can''t see that. My words and those of many others seem to be falling on deaf ears. The ones that will suffer are those who can least afford it, and many cannot afford to pay for their meds, wherever it comes from; they depend on compassionate cg's who can give them some. Our law is about helping the sick. Collectives run by patients and or caregivers may be ok, if they do it right. Compassion clubs have a place here, too. If our law gets ruined because of dispensaries, everyone loses, especially the patients. The caregiver system is a wonderful idea and it'd keep costs down for their services. Disp.'s have overhead and more risks and I see a lot of complaints that the quality isn't good as well as the prices being so high. I understand a little about business but I also know how compassion often gets tossed aside especially when a business gets big. I'm glad this site stopped supporting disp.'s, and now I might consider giving a donation. Patients and caregiver rights are in danger, please don't endanger them further. Draft a reasonable proposal that could be part of our law, these places need to have strict guidelines. This is too risky right now and only invites more trouble. What's happened to the pt's that depended on you dispensary people who were put out of business? What happens to the pt who can barely manage, who has to scrape up something for meds that won't even last a night, when that person is in intense pain? I'm so tired of people playing politics with our lives, especially playing with people who are ill and those who care for them. I know these disp. people won't listen to me or anyone else here, there's nothing i can do about that, I may be a nobody but I AM SOMEBODY WHO CARES. It's bad enough we have to fight the new government and it's an uphill battle to preserve our law, we don't need any more obstacles. I knew there was a connection between Clinical Relief and Relief Choices. My intuition was right on, so it may not be the same person but I KNEW there was something that tied the 2 together. Learn to trust your intuition, it'll save you a lot of grief. I'm glad many of you are questioning the motives, and although dizzydot never responds to me, I respect her opinions and efforts.

Sincerely, Sb

Silverblue,

Thank you for reinforcing the many reasons we should stay away from commercialization at this time. You touched on numerous reasons that are the very reason we voted in favor of this law. The people didn't ask for any methods other than caretakers and the right to grow their own medicine. As a politician a fully support this law as written. When and if the people want a change then and only then will I support the will of the people.

Dizz

I appreciate the superhero analogy. I would say iron man or bat man.

As far as stating that what my dispensary business does is illegal, I would ask that you read the act again. I am as protected in the act as any "human" caregiver. A person is defined as any individual, group, corporation, etc...and weight was never in question.

Like all caregivers on here I take pride in helping patients. I just get to do it a lot more than most and enjoy the hell out of it.

Where a patient gets their medication from is no conern of mine, what I want to advocate is that those in pain have choices to their relief. Where they get that relief from is nill.

Remember far more individual "basement" caregivers have been raided than dispensaries and will continue to until we work together against the common enemy.

Dizz, thank you very much for replying to me. I really appreciate it. Thank you for All you do.

There is a concern that does need addressing, about the amount of meds needed to produce Simpson Oil, which exceeds the amount allowed to be possessed, if I recall correctly. I still would not want a commercial grower doing this, I fear they won't use quality grade plants. This is where the overages come in, and overages can also be given to those who are in need when they've run out and their normal supply isn't ready yet for whatever reason or something disastrous happens to it, or a visitor is in need. I hear there are many leo's who do not want to be bothered with having overages turned in to them. Why can't the law be amended to allow them for the purposes I mentioned? I know our newly seated officials won't see it this way, of course, but I also know they can't have their way all the time. We surely don't, neither shall they, especially when they're wrong. Thank you for being there to help bring some common sense to our political system that truly reflects the Will of The People.

Relief choices, I've been reading about many dispensaries getting busted, including those who truly do care for the patients. The people at Everybody's Cafe comes to mind. I heard Candi speak on Michael's show, she sounds like a very sincere woman who was trying to fill a void and stay within the law, and, though I still feel they should've done it differently, I believe their intentions were honorable. I feel bad she and her husband lost their business, it wasn't just a place for our community. Patients need a safe place they can acquire meds from, a place that puts their needs first. I still believe these options have a place, but NOT NOW, and certainly NOT one that places more emphasis on money than patients' wellbeing. No matter what some people say, if my Intuition is suspicious, I know who to believe.

Keep pushing it and see how far you'll go. My intuition knows better. The real superheroes here are very humble, though strongly vocal about OUR RIGHTS. We know who they are.

Sincerely, Sb

I appreciate the superhero analogy. I would say iron man or bat man.

As far as stating that what my dispensary business does is illegal, I would ask that you read the act again. I am as protected in the act as any "human" caregiver. A person is defined as any individual, group, corporation, etc...and weight was never in question.

Like all caregivers on here I take pride in helping patients. I just get to do it a lot more than most and enjoy the hell out of it.

Where a patient gets their medication from is no conern of mine, what I want to advocate is that those in pain have choices to their relief. Where they get that relief from is nill.

Remember far more individual "basement" caregivers have been raided than dispensaries and will continue to until we work together against the common enemy.

have you read the news paper yet? just asking

Dizz, thank you very much for replying to me. I really appreciate it. Thank you for All you do.

There is a concern that does need addressing, about the amount of meds needed to produce Simpson Oil, which exceeds the amount allowed to be possessed, if I recall correctly. I still would not want a commercial grower doing this, I fear they won't use quality grade plants. This is where the overages come in, and overages can also be given to those who are in need when they've run out and their normal supply isn't ready yet for whatever reason or something disastrous happens to it, or a visitor is in need. I hear there are many leo's who do not want to be bothered with having overages turned in to them. Why can't the law be amended to allow them for the purposes I mentioned? I know our newly seated officials won't see it this way, of course, but I also know they can't have their way all the time. We surely don't, neither shall they, especially when they're wrong. Thank you for being there to help bring some common sense to our political system that truly reflects the Will of The People.

Relief choices, I've been reading about many dispensaries getting busted, including those who truly do care for the patients. The people at Everybody's Cafe comes to mind. I heard Candi speak on Michael's show, she sounds like a very sincere woman who was trying to fill a void and stay within the law, and, though I still feel they should've done it differently, I believe their intentions were honorable. I feel bad she and her husband lost their business, it wasn't just a place for our community. Patients need a safe place they can acquire meds from, a place that puts their needs first. I still believe these options have a place, but NOT NOW, and certainly NOT one that places more emphasis on money than patients' wellbeing. No matter what some people say, if my Intuition is suspicious, I know who to believe.

Keep pushing it and see how far you'll go. My intuition knows better. The real superheroes here are very humble, though strongly vocal about OUR RIGHTS. We know who they are.

Sincerely, Sb

I am so glad you are back

I can totally relate to what you are making reference to and respect your opinion. It's hard for me as a politician, yes I'm a politician, to listen to my fellow public servants voice their distaste in regards to patient and caregivers rights as well as enact zoning laws to prohibit their rights. I have watched many of them run on a platform of promises that are broken as soon as they take oath and realize they can't make the changes they promised because they do not have enough support to do so. I have experienced far to many politicians talking the talk and not walking the walk their entire time in office, but ran on a platform of change and state the needed changes until the time they leave office. Yes I know how powerful a PAC is....with this said I still think that any efforts to "commercialize" marijuana at this point will result in a loss of rights for those of whom this law is so vital for their medical needs at this time. It's to early in the game to try to mix revenue, job creation and business growth and it would take more than a PAC to change the views of this entire States governments from local on up to Snyder to develop a plan that would make us all happy and have our original rights remain intact. As far as the pro MM from Ohio...I think he should focus his efforts on Ohio's needs unless he would like to move to Michigan and help protect our rights.

Dizz

I see. I think we agree to disagree on this. I just don't think they will ever take a patient's plants away.

Also, I think this a human rights issue, and such issues should be supported nationally.

Clear and Unambiguous,

The one question I forgot to ask you, what is your connection to Relief Choices? Are you one of the clinics who recruit caregivers as well as provides MM products to their patients. It would be quite convenient for this organization to have the law tweaked to suit their needs. They would no longer have to recruit caregivers to comply with the law. By no means am I trying to be disrespectful but for sake of discussion this is just a little coincidental in my opinion.

Dizz

I am not offended, just a little disappointed. I am not “very” disappointed because I am getting used to the routine..

I have no association with this group. I did call them to ask questions about what they are doing, and I think it is a great idea.

I wish more people would respond by contacting them for information and asking if they could help out. I wish some positive energy would drown out the divisive and paranoid rhetoric.

Side affect, I suppose.

Archived