Jackson Mulling Medical Marijuana Law

Jackson Mulling Medical Marijuana Law

http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=13818183

Many Michigan cities are trying to figure out how to handle the state's medical marijuana law. Jackson is now among those. The city council there will vote on putting a moratorium on dispensaries. Jackson joins a list of several cities trying to iron out a plan for dealing with medical marijuana dispensaries.

Warren Renando, interim city manager: "The state has left us in a situation that's an absolute nightmare. Nobody knows exactly what can or cannot happen, what you can grow, what you cannot grow, how much you can have, what's legal and what's not legal."

It's those gray areas that have city council members considering a 6-month pot moratorium.

Warren Renando: "The city has just said, 'you know what, we're going to wait to regulate until we can find out what we can regulate, how we can regulate it, and what's the rest of the state going to do?"

There actually aren't any dispensaries Jackson right now, but that's one of the reasons the city is taking it up and the city is acting fast because...

Warren Renando: "There has been interest from more than one people who want to become dispensaries."

When we went to the streets to see what people think about medical marijuana, there were mixed reviews.

Terrell Selby, Jackson resident: "I don't support it. It's been an issue in the African-American community for many years."

Anthony Speed, Jackson resident: "People with health problems, like glaucoma patients, or cerebral palsy, things like that, I think they have nothing else better to do with their time, so if they're not hurting anyone, I say go for it, let them do it."

The council will vote on the moratorium Tuesday night. This isn't the first time the council will vote on the issue. The last time there was a split vote, but the city manager says he expects they'll pass it without much discussion.

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

"Nobody knows exactly what can or cannot happen, what you can grow, what you cannot grow, how much you can have, what's legal and what's not legal."

This is a blatant lie. We know what can happen. We know what we can grow. We know what we can not. We know what we can have, what's legal and not legal

FOFF Renando

"Nobody knows exactly what can or cannot happen, what you can grow, what you cannot grow, how much you can have, what's legal and what's not legal."

This is a blatant lie. We know what can happen. We know what we can grow. We know what we can not. We know what we can have, what's legal and not legal

FOFF Renando

IMO all of the confusion comes from people who can't stand the thought of cannabis being re-legalized. The number one contributor to this problem was COA Judge O'Connell who attached his Reefer Madness Opinion to the Redden ruling. By ignoring the majority ruling that our law should be interpreted liberally he instead used the most conservative reasoning imaginable and thereby created a straw man argument that the MMMA has too many gray areas and portions that contradict other portions. This is totally untrue! When the law is interpreted the way it should be all of the haze and confusion is cleared up.

Then the Michigan Municipal League hired the right wing nut job professor from Cooley Law School who cited the flawed O'Connell opinion extensively to convince these towns and cities that nobody can interpret the MMMA so nobody knows what to do, Oh My! So now they are all running around wringing their hands chanting, "Nobody knows exactly what can or cannot happen, what you can grow, what you cannot grow, how much you can have, what's legal and what's not legal."

Disgusting!

FOFF Renando

Exactly

2.5 ozs per patient of usable medicine per card

12 plants per patient

caregivers can only assist 5 patients at any time

Im no politician but even this is clear to me. :rolleyes:

Archived