Grow Room Inter Action

David1946

I'm not versed in law I have read the MM act and its rules and I'm still not clear on the following situation.

Can an individual who is neither Patient or Caregiver operate the environmental controls that are located outside of a secured grow area?

There is a patient who is going to be hospitalized in March and wants to know if her sister can go to the grow site and operate the environmental controls for heat, humidity, ventilation, etc;.and not be violating the law.

Patient has already had contact with local LEO's who now know what she's doing and for the most part leave her alone but her concern is if the locals find out she's hospitalized and see her sister go into where the grow is at even thou she has no access to plants would it be braking the law.

I'm not versed in law I have read the MM act and its rules and I'm still not clear on the following situation.

Can an individual who is neither Patient or Caregiver operate the environmental controls that are located outside of a secured grow area?

There is a patient who is going to be hospitalized in March and wants to know if her sister can go to the grow site and operate the environmental controls for heat, humidity, ventilation, etc;.and not be violating the law.

Patient has already had contact with local LEO's who now know what she's doing and for the most part leave her alone but her concern is if the locals find out she's hospitalized and see her sister go into where the grow is at even thou she has no access to plants would it be braking the law.

This is what the law says in sec. 4

"(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana."

and medical use defined in section 3

"(e) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition. "

I would say yes to your question, but I am not a practicing attorney.

This is what the law says in sec. 4

"(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana."

and medical use defined in section 3

"(e) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition. "

I would say yes to your question, but I am not a practicing attorney.

Thanks for the reply I had read the law several times and its just nice getting a second opinion. Margret did go ahead and name her sister as CG but she'll maintain possession of the plants.

Archived