Caregiver "donations"

Personally If I were to ever take on more than just the wife. I could see an ounce or two free a month and say $200 a zip after I mean really is 1 oz free a month and $200 after that a bad deal? and I don't know anyone pulling 40 oz a month. If you do tell them I beg to see their grow room. I have to see this in person would be like going to mecca!

Don't get me wrong I consider it a privilege to grow for my wife. This is my little get away when I get to work with the plants. Its peaceful and when they talk back it is more like whining then like my daughters screaming and crying. They are 4 and 1 so I get that a lot.

Yah, that's the model I'm using, 1 free then some compensation there after.

Works for the folks I'm assisting...

I am just gonna say this there are some caregivers out there that are unrealistic and

there are some patients out there that are unrealistic. There are caregivers out there

that can afford and can produce it for a low cost and some that cant. Also there are

some patients out there that can afford higher prices and some that cant. Each patient

and each caregiver needs to find those that fit with each other. Most important thing

is if both are completely HONEST with another you can find a good fit in time.

For whoever it was that is saying that it doesnt cost you this much for electricity etc.

and that you get 4 oz or so out of a plant and doesnt take that much time and that when a caregiver throws around the words of have PROBLEMS. Which trust me there can be alot

of problems. I say this to you first off everyones situation is diff. from the

kind of lights and wireing in the house and how good a grow goes without PROBLEMS everyone is

different. If you dont understand this then try to grow your own and then come back and see

what you think about it. I'm sure your attitude will be different.

If anyone knows someone that can afford to grow everyones meds and not need to recoupe any

of the funds somewhere then I would love to meet with them and sign them as my caregiver.

I unfortunatly dont know anyone with that much money and TIME.

Look hopefully everyone can find someone that is a good fit for their situation

and hope everyone does so noone has to suffer or go without their meds.

:goodjob:

I have never met a rich caregiver. Most owe Consumers Energy money. Perhaps a better way to lower cost would be to form an electrical cooperative. .

If you don't like the caregiver system there are alternatives. But to try to paint caregivers with the braod stroke of a brush is wrong on every level. If you are a caregiver and can build a better mousetrap, then the market will reward you. Bashing those that work hard for little compensation proves nothing. Thanks, Bb

Seems most C/g's dont like this thread... Why is that? Seems to me that there's more than meets the eye here!

Im no caregiver but posting this same old tired argument doesnt get anything done people are not regulated and by law do not have to be held to a certain price so why should they give it away ?

I may sound harsh but in an open market theres no way to control prices and bitchin about it does no good move on to the next guy whos willing to meet your price .

Guest thequietone

Im no caregiver but posting this same old tired argument doesnt get anything done people are not regulated and by law do not have to be held to a certain price so why should they give it away ?

I may sound harsh but in an open market theres no way to control prices and bitchin about it does no good move on to the next guy whos willing to meet your price .

:goodjob:

why? Because people say they are compassionate when they just wanna make money.. Speak the truth people

I would say most people are not compassionate. We all go to work for a pay check right? No one says dont pay me this week. But I have been to club meetings where that same CC that is getting $20 a gram will donate hundreds of dollars to the club. The CC should be able to charge what they want dont judge them cuz you dont know what they are doing behind closed doors.

why? Because people say they are compassionate when they just wanna make money.. Speak the truth people

Cry me a river.

Under state law you are allowed to grow if you meet certain qualifications. If you don't want to grow and would rather enter the market and buy then do so. The price will hit a mark that the market will bear. Supply and demand.

It isn't an entitlement program. Buy your gold for $1397.97/oz or go mine your own for "free."

You act as if the state is handing out limited numbers of cg licenses so you are limited in choice.

Hey Crabby, here's a ideal, why don't you just grow for yourself and forget the CG. You could grow all you need without the hassel of dealing with a caregiver. You put in the money for the set up of a grow room and a bud room and you're all set to supply yourself BUT you will need to pay that electic bill every month and you will have to purchase nutes and bug spray and dirt and re-purchase equipment ie: ph pens, TDS pens Carbon Filter, Fans ,Lights and on and on. So in the long run you will be paying for your meds....they will not be free EVER, just like the pain pills or whatever you were taking before Medical Marijuana everthing cost something. I agree a lot of caregivers charge too much but you have the option to grow for yourself so just do it.

dont forget the time spent throughout the whole grow to trimming drying curing ...dealing with mold bugs problems etc etc...the people that are always asking for free stuff is just ridiculous...there to lazy to do it themselves or cant afford the few thousand to do it right

Let me ask you this I "HAD" a caregiver who started out very compassionat a free zip a month and $250 for any extra.... The first harvest was nice... Good tight nugs.....the second harvest....FULL OF SEEDS .... A problem that couldve been fixed but he was to lazy to go get an ac during the summer.... Oh and te seedy batch was airy fluffly worker bottom buds...... The 3rd harvest I was shorted got a bunch of leaf shake it was all bottom buds that were weak and when I asked for extra @ $250 a zip I was told it was gone..... So I took em off as my caregiver... Thing is this person is pretty well known in the MM community and alot of people talk highly of him.... As much as I want to call him out I won't.... But I will say the MM community has alot of 2 faced people....

The way I do it, with one other Patient, besides myself.

When my Patient and I medicate together, at least 2x per week, he pays nothing. If he wants additional to stay at his house, he pays for it.

Price I charge comes out to $7.15 a gram. That is what it breaks down to, and I go straight across the board on pricing.

$200/zip. $100/halfzip. $50/quarterzip. $25/eighthzip. Divides out to around $7.15/gr.

When I get more Patients, .....Patients who can afford to buy more than my current Patient, then I may see things slightly differently than I do now. Also, my yields are nothing to brag about, yet, so I am not in a situation where meds are coming out my ears. I know the product is great. I don't see $7.15/gr. as being evil overpricing on great meds

Right now, I am repaying a loan on my room. On top of that, the $100 mo. ongoing electric, plus nutes, water filters, Grodan, soil......always something. Bulbs.

I know of people who received little or no meds from the "free weed every month" type growers. Some say that to make their illegal grow legit, and you don't get the product.

I have to pay cash for everything I buy, and pay everything back what I borrow. OK with people asking for free stuff, but people demanding and expecting it, rubs me the wrong way.

Archived