Spider Mites Pisss Me Off

rockinlespaul

Ok I have a mite related question. I am getting a couple cuttings from a fellow cc member that I don't know all that well. I plan on putting them in rockwool and then in a dome if there are mites will they come out in the dome or not? I fear the little gentlemen!

i just watched a show on discovery like yesterday, maybe Monday that would be so appropriate for this site LOL

it seems that 65% of human communication and interaction is completed through body language and unspoken signals...

all of which are lost in translation while typing.

that means....we in this board only get 35% of what your saying just because you typed it......

so then if you factor in the medication, and lack of attention span thats problematic/symptomatic with consistent medical consumption, then....

a few things can be said....

sarcasm rarely works when typed.....

you cant see sound when its typed......

winking, and smirking while typing is lost once you hit the enter button LOL

no worries

just thought it was interesting how as we become more connected, we lose connections.

Ok I have a mite related question. I am getting a couple cuttings from a fellow cc member that I don't know all that well. I plan on putting them in rockwool and then in a dome if there are mites will they come out in the dome or not? I fear the little gentlemen!

Since they are just cuttings, give them a good rinse in water before planting. Dunk 'em, swish 'em around, and that should remove the vast majority of adults and eggs. The ones that survive won't enjoy the environment of a humidity dome - mites like dry air.

here is a tip to anyone who gets spider mites. if you run co2 from a tank and have a sealed room bump the co2 to 10,000 ppm for 2 hours and all the adults will die. Run the Co2 at the same ppm in 3 days it will kill the remaining eggs that have hatched.

Archived