Need Help, Leaves Drying From Outside In And Curling

hummous

It’s been two weeks one day the plants are looking better the next not so good. Right now I have a dwc system that water circulates every hour for 30mins, my ph is at about 5.0 my ppm is around 1050. 4" air stones. I'm using technaflora nutes. At 1/2 recommended dose, I have flush out the system with water for a 4-5 days no improvement. Then I added the nutes at half. One day they look good and green the next is wtf happened. The og, headband and the blackberry are all suffering. I don't know if its ph lock out or a mag diffent.

Im running 6 5gl buckets, with 3/4 flex black hose return line, and a 1/2 flex black hose feed line, with a 28gl res.

nutes using

bc boost

bc grow

thrive alive b-1 red

magical

sugar daddy

all at 1/2 recom dose

system is hold a total of 25 gallons

post-16793-0-06921400-1294930293_thumb.jpg

post-16793-0-79151300-1294930302_thumb.jpg

post-16793-0-30296900-1294930312_thumb.jpg

forgot one more thing

humidy is at 40-55%

temp is at 74-78 light on, lights off 70-74

water temp 60

If your ppm's are running over 1,000 with half strength nutes, then you're using some seriously hard water. You probably have too much calcium in your water, which is manifesting as a magnesiums lockout/deficiency. A pH of 5.0 is especially bad if you have hard (due to calcium) water. You'd probably be better off at 6.0.

Get some distilled water and some 5-gallon pails. Try mixng your nutes with the distilled water and run the 5-gallon buckets without refilling your 25 gal. system. Watch for healthy new growth.

• 3 weeks later...

How the plants doing?

I dont think the tubing would be any factor unless its real low grade. Maybe your pH is slightly too low? mine look to hover right around 5.5-5.8 with no issues

I would also lighten up on the nutes a little more and give them just the essentials, no special additives. Maybe also try some foliar spray? I have had success a few time foliar feeding to help an "iffy" situation

Best of luck

If your ppm's are running over 1,000 with half strength nutes, then you're using some seriously hard water. You probably have too much calcium in your water, which is manifesting as a magnesiums lockout/deficiency. A pH of 5.0 is especially bad if you have hard (due to calcium) water. You'd probably be better off at 6.0.

Get some distilled water and some 5-gallon pails. Try mixng your nutes with the distilled water and run the 5-gallon buckets without refilling your 25 gal. system. Watch for healthy new growth.

Ditto, Flush and recalibrate these nuts. Thats the best thing about DWC's you can make corrections quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I know I am late but number one for 2 week old plants Id say about 750 on the ppm with tap water. Check the ppm of your water before you mix with nutrients. If below 100 then you are fine. I still would wait let the water sit out for 24 hours before using it to let the chlorine evaporate.Everyones right your ph is way to low. Thats your biggest problem as opposed to the nutrients strength. Raise the ph to 6 and you will be dead on. The plants may still be able to survive but the leaves tell you everything. Me personally, Id scrub the whole mission and start over from ground zero. Make sure to change those air stones every three weeks to a month.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry working alot, I added a heater to the res, Brought the water temp to 70deg. plants got greener a last weekend, I notice a zinc diff. fixed that i haven't check them in a few days, i will post updates later on today or tomorrow.

Check on the link below...it has pretty much every plant issue outlined on here. Its an infirmary.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

Everyone else was right your ph was too low. 5.6-6.0 is an ideal range and you shouldn't need to lower it again unless you jump over 6.5. You will always have problems with technaflora. Their recipe is wrong. You will do ok in veg at 70% of the doses but bloom will never work right. You will either burn or be deficient. Change nutes before it's too late.

Archived