Compassion Club Or Compassion Center

ProPlayer420

In the past we had two warriors who roamed the states after Michigan passed its Medical Marijuana Law. These warriors were two very passionate guys who thought Michigan was going to need resources to help educate our citizens in Michigan with regards to our new Medical Marijuana law. These two warriors were Greg Francisco and Brad Forrester. These two are the ones who got us all on our feet and moving forward. By the way I do miss their input. First they gave us a web site that we all could gravitate to, Michigan Medical Marijuana.org. Many of us became friends through the website. But they seen a need to take it locally to the cities themselves and started having meetings in various cities throughout Michigan and with it came Compassion Clubs. These clubs were to be run in public places so the general public could come to and learn about the facts of our new law. They weren't attended for dispensing cannabis or using at. As these meetings took place more people came. MMMA had the concept and the means now to spread the word and get others involved in starting their own clubs with the protection of the MMMMA if you followed their guidelines they set forth.

As for now, we’ve had many new idealist and entrepreneur who have taken the word compassion and twisted it so they may start a dispensary with the safety net of COMPASSSION. But we all know what a true compassion club is. It’s a place where you can pay a membership due or not. It’s a place for information regarding medical marijuana. For compassion clubs to operate they need members and volunteers. It’s the true core of compassion clubs is thru volunteers. It’s a place where you can learn to grow safe meds and do it safely with others who have greater knowledge. As compassion clubs will have classes for patient and caregivers to learn. Compassion clubs are non profit. It’s a place for a patient to find a trusted caregiver or just network with other patients. I know if it weren't for the volunteers we've had I don't think we could sustain our MOCC club as long as we have. Although we chose to have our own model for a compassion club I still feel we operate in the way that the MMMA had seen in their vision. Most compassion clubs operate on fundraisers and membership. Although most clubs don't sell or transfer meds or plants they will host farmer market style PRIVATE meetings where prices are usually cheaper and better and most meds are locally grown or baked by legal patients and caregivers. A place to meet your caregivers or patients safely and exchange your meds , clones ,seeds, edibles etc etc and feel safe while doing it. Some clubs will even donate meds to their less fortune members.

Compassionate or Compassion Centers charge you a membership to get in. They will dispense meds for a profit. Most work as employees and are paid. Most get their meds outta state and not locally. Compassion Centers won’t hold public meetings for the public to learn freely or classes. These places don’t want patients to grow for themselves or network with each other. Most are not looking out for patient’s rights but for their own protection.

So the next time you hear someone talking or read in the papers that a compassion club was raided make sure to let them know the real deal. That it probably wasn’t a compassion club but just another dispensary in disguise.

Just my two cents on the matter of compassion clubs. Tired of profiteers using the name compassion to hide under.

Thanks again Greg and Brad some of us are still going strong.

MOCC is having a public Compassion Club meeting Janurary 19th(wed) 7pm - 9pm at Knights of Columbus in Roseville. 16831 E 12 Mile Rd, Roseville, MI Come check out our club anytime. We hold monthly meetings in roseville and starting next month we will be hosting a monthly meeting in berkly, mi next door to royal oak. Hope to see you there.

BiggerElkLogo.gif

Next Meeting :

Tuesday ~ January 18th , 2011

Place :

Lowd Township Hall

3910 M-33 South

Atlanta , Michigan 49709

Time :

5 - 7 pm ( Winter Time )

" Open Public Meeting "

Please ...

There is to be No Marijuana , No Seeds ,

No Clones at these meetings ...

Guest Speaker : Joe Cain " Blueberry "

We Offer FREE Information or Lesson on how to Grow ...

We Offer FREE Information on where to obtain Meds

at a Reasonable Price ....

We try our Best that No Patient ( our member ) go w/out Meds ...

even if they have No Money ... :thumbsu:

We provide FREE Clones , FREE Seeds ,

We offer FREE help to anyone that needs to get Certified ....

Almost all our Meeting Offers FREE MUNCHIES ... Coffee Always !

We Offer Free Information on anything that will help

our Members or Guest to stay Legal and Safe ... :thumbsu:

Our Membership is $10

We have Private get together , Private Christmas Party's ,

Private Birthday Party's , Private Pig Rooast , Lots of Fellowship ...

We do our Best to Educate our Member to Always Protect themselfs

and to Always Stay w/ in the Law No Matter What ....

Our Goal is to make Everyone feel Welcome that attends our meetings ...

We Try to Support other Compassion Clubs that have similiar

Hopes and Dreams as we do ....

We offer a place where people can Fellowship and

a place to meet New Friends ....

We' re Growing Fast ...

Lots of Huggs ....

"I think there is plenty of room for every variation."

We need Compassion Clubs that are held in public places, for the general public to attend. Q & A. At the end of meeting, people can mingle, and meet each other.

We need Compassion Clubs that are held on private property. They could have public areas, see above, but, they would also have smoking rooms for Patients.

We need Compassion Clubs that go even farther. Private property, smoking rooms, and a "flea market" where meds are sold. I saw prices as low as $10/gr. in this type.

We need Dispensaries, while their prices might be high, they serve a purpose.

Plenty of room in this state for all types of situations. From places giving it away, to those who are turning a profit. The more choices the better. The more options the better.

If someone stands up and says: "this is the way it should be", then what you are saying is that your way is the best way, and the only way. I disagree. We need choices.

We are not all the same. We come from different backgrounds. Different financial situations. Different personalities. We need choices and options for all of us.

Free the Weed...Indeed

This is not about a mj culture.....it is Medical Marijuana

I share your vision but it is what it is..we need to focus on the patient more and educating the public and less about profit

do this and the culture will follow

go profit and fail like all the rest

it is all about choice

'I for one am sick of seeing this kind of talk here."

I thought these forums were for us to not only help the newbies, but to express our opinions. so we can all learn from each other, and have a better understanding of others ???

My bad.

:bighug:

'I for one am sick of seeing this kind of talk here."

I thought these forums were for us to not only help the newbies, but to express our opinions. so we can all learn from each other, and have a better understanding of others ???

My bad.

:bighug:

Opinions are one thing.

That very different than posting misrepresentations to inflame people against other members of our community.

Compassionate or Compassion Centers charge you a membership to get in. They will dispense meds for a profit. Most work as employees and are paid. Most get their meds outta state and not locally. Compassion Centers won’t hold public meetings for the public to learn freely or classes. These places don’t want patients to grow for themselves or network with each other. Most are not looking out for patient’s rights but for their own protection.

Not sure if the author of this thread, ProPlayer420, meant to inflame others. Maybe he did. Maybe he was just frustrated, for a moment.

He expressed his opinion. He has a right to be heard. He may or may not be correct. There may be not "correct" opinion.

Some people think he is correct. Some people think he is wrong.

I, for one, don't think there should be a "right" or "wrong" on how different establishments conduct their affairs.

I believe in a free society, American ideals and freedoms. Freedom of choice (that doesn't result in injuring others). And Capitalism.

If everyone would allow others to be free, and make their own choices in the realm of MMJ, then we will have become better for it.

It would be nice, in an Utopian society, to just have whatever meds we wanted, just mailed to us, just for the asking. Free.

That would be easy. But life doesn't work like that. Either Caregivers, Patients, or everybody (taxpayers) have to pay for MMJ.

If we just could all plant hundreds or thousands of plants, outdoors, and could do that year round, in Michigan, prices would plummet.

But we all know it doesn't work like that. Somebody is paying for hoods, bulbs, nutes, soil, hydro, cloning gels, ballasts, time, travel....

Somewhere, somehow, someone has to pay for this. A richer person, or club, could absorb some/all these expenses. Regular folks need, at the minimum, to get paid for their expenses. Anything above that is driven by supply and demand.

Some people and/or places are in it to give it away. Some will try to keep it cheaper. Some will make you pick up the soap.

That's OK. The realistic options will prevail. Lay out all the options, make all options legal, and let a free market and common sense prevail. I will repeat:

We need Compassion Clubs that are held in public places, for the general public to attend. Q & A. At the end of meeting, people can mingle, and meet each other.

We need Compassion Clubs that are held on private property. They could have public areas, see above, but, they would also have smoking rooms for Patients.

We need Compassion Clubs that go even farther. Private property, smoking rooms, and a "flea market" where meds are sold. I saw prices as low as $10/gr. in this type.

Plenty of room in this state for all types of situations. From places giving it away, to those who are turning a profit. The more choices the better. The more options the better.

If someone stands up and says: "this is the way it should be", then what you are saying is that your way is the best way, and the only way. I disagree. We need choices.

We are not all the same. We come from different backgrounds. Different financial situations. Different personalities. We need choices and options for all of us.

I don't live in Utopia. I want to pay others for their labors, as I want to get paid for my labors. No money ? Bartering is always an option. We can now posses, grow, sell, use. Legally, with some conditions. All in all, it's pretty darn good.

Don't worry about what other people or clubs are doing or not doing. Their business. If you think you have a better idea, cool. Tell everybody how you roll, and like minded individuals will seek you out, learn from you, and copy your example, or tweek it. It's all good.

Compassion Centers won’t hold public meetings for the public to learn freely or classes.

Perhaps I've been spoiled. I've seen, perhaps a couple, locations where there isn't some sort of personalized activity. I'm sure there are some places that lean toward shady. One thing that I know about MACC is that not anyone can join. I won't name anyone or any place. But there are those that are indeed turned down.

These places don’t want patients to grow for themselves or network with each other.

Most of these places provide clones. They also acquire meds. They prefer to do this from local growers. Since that is the case they wish as many growers producing the best quality possible.

Most are not looking out for patient’s rights but for their own protection.
Who is funding what right now against the federal government?

We need the financial support to protect the patients of Michigan. If MACC hadn't jumped in no one else would likely to have done so. I hope I'm wrong about that.

I want to see the Compassion Clubs of Michigan protected. So does MACC.

If all compassion clubs were so great, then people wouldn't go anywhere else. End of story, end of dispensaries. Your club would prevail via the free market.

If someone tells me about a raid, I won't care if it was a club or a center or a dispensary. I will be angry that tax dolars are being wasted, and that a human is losing liberty over a plant.

That was a foolish and thoughtless comment. Very short sighted, narrow minded, divisive, and full of hate.

I can't believe people can call hate speach "my two cents," but hey....... that's just my two cents.

It is important, given current events that the two be kept distinctly apart. As the OP pointed out their functions are different. It is important not to involve Compassion Clubs in the fight that is coming. This is where grass roots activism starts. If Compassion Clubs are thrown under the bus to save commercial ventures, who will be there to defend caregivers/patients, the law, and yes even Compassion Centers. I have said for months that commercial interest should never lead an activist movement. Sooner or later their objectives or fates collide. The MMMA has never stopped supporting Compassion Clubs. I would do whatever it takes to fight for their rights or if they are attacked to defend them.

This is going to be a tough year. We must all sit down together and put together talking points, definitions, organize political action and pool our resources to make a stand against what is heading our way. I hope whether your a commercial enterprise or a non profit, you understand we are talking about an Armageddon of our law. Thanks Bb

Right On

The MMMA is opposed to the importation of Marijuana into the State of Michigan. It is illegal. There is nothing in our law that gives you that right. If you caught doing so, you must be willing to accept the consequences. Thanks, Bb

Are you opposed to Michigan being an exporter of medical grade marijuana?

"I think there is plenty of room for every variation."

Plenty of room in this state for all types of situations. From places giving it away, to those who are turning a profit. The more choices the better. The more options the bette

And as people's situations change, their need for modes of aquisition changes.

And as people's situations change, their need for modes of aquisition changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yup, that is another reason to have many choices and options: "as people's situations change, their need for modes of aquisition changes."

This is not "one size fits all". Different strokes for different folks.

Every method should be used to keep meds flowing to the Patients.

When I was chatting about going to a Club that has a smoking area and a vendor area, I was surprised at the PM's I got in the room. From "that place is cool" to "ghetto".

Not everyone views the same place or situation the same. I went there, joined, had a great time, and picked up some healthy cuttings. Next person wouldn't be caught dead there.

I see no need for the different types and styles of clubs or dispensaries to be at odds with each other. United We Stand.......

I just wanted to say I've been to a few of these places and talked with the people there and I know a few of them had to change their name from Center to Club when trying to register with the State. I guess the State of Michigan said that since a doctor is not in the building that they couldn't be a Compassion Center, but instead had to go with the Compassion Club.

I just wanted to throw that out there because you can't always judge something by face value, such as the name of a business. I also support the patients right to choose. If a business isn't performing in a way you feel it should, the best way to get rid of them is to not give them your business. If enough people feel the same that business will close down. Without patients, NONE of these places will be able to stay open. The free market has a way of weeding out the bad apples.

Yes, I am. I don't see Nevada sending any white owned gambling here so I can invite the public in to play Texas Hold 'em. Michigan law is meant for Michigan residents, but if you are legal in another state your card is good here as well.

Do you promote illegal guerrilla growing? Acording to your sig it looks to me that way.

?? a jab??

It would be difficult to get everyone in the state to grow just exactly the amount required by the patients of Michigan.

My thinking is that if the market is flooded, there will be no room for imported cannabis.

My sig is promoting legal outdoor grows. Some areas are more agreeable to those than others are.

Archived