Patient Needs Help Designing Closet Set-Up For All Three Phases

EdwardGlen

I don't have the knowledge to help this lady with designing and setting up her closet for growing. This is the only area she has to use and it must be able to contain all three phases of growth.

AREA SIZE: 44 inches wide x 96 inches tall x 30 inches deep

There are no shelves and she is willing to fabricate three doors if needed. There is a window right next to the closet there is no power in closet but two wall plugs are with-in three feet.

She has the following materials on hand and a budget of $400.00 total. This is a single patient grow and she needs about a half to three quarters of an ounce a month so an ounce a month harvest will do her just fine. Not sure if strain type has a determining factor on area but she prefers an Indica at night and Sativa during the day so I guess she'll need to run 50/50 mix of each strain and that's no problem.

Two oscillating 6 inch wall mount fans / Heater / Humidifier / 25ft x 4 inch diameter flex vent / reflective material

I see exhausting the heat as being her biggest concern so I'm thinking an HID light is probably out of the question but that's why I'm posting this here so she gets the right help in setting up her grow area.

I believe that's all and hoping that we can help her get her area set-up so she can start cultivating.

Here is a very reliable and cheap exhaust system she can run. These fans each have a 105 cfm capability and can be used in a 4" run. I've been running mine for two years without an issue.

gallery_1942_552_33840.jpg

Here's where you can get them. http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/Technologies/Product.aspx?ProductID=SP101A1123HSTGNSUNON8904799

If interested, let me know and I'll help as much as possible.

shelve the top 2 ft or so for the clone/veg area. Flower underneath. Use 1 gal pots (dirt) and flower shortly after the clones root. T-5 lights in upper 400w HPS lower.

Wouldn't use the reflective material, just paint everything flat white.

Passive venting between upper and lower chambers and everything venting up through ceiling into??? you will have to figure out how to get air outside from there. Don't want mold in the attic.

Here is a very reliable and cheap exhaust system she can run. These fans each have a 105 cfm capability and can be used in a 4" run. I've been running mine for two years without an issue.

gallery_1942_552_33840.jpg

Here's where you can get them. http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/Technologies/Product.aspx?ProductID=SP101A1123HSTGNSUNON8904799

If interested, let me know and I'll help as much as possible.

Nice use of a toilet flange!

shelve the top 2 ft or so for the clone/veg area. Flower underneath. Use 1 gal pots (dirt) and flower shortly after the clones root. T-5 lights in upper 400w HPS lower.

Wouldn't use the reflective material, just paint everything flat white.

Passive venting between upper and lower chambers and everything venting up through ceiling into??? you will have to figure out how to get air outside from there. Don't want mold in the attic.

Hellos

How many T5s and how many plants no room for four in full flower. She is on a crawl space so her son could vent up from crawl space to draw in fresh air through filter then vent out into attic right?

She also will not be flowering in the hot months she'll clone and veg until late fall then flower through the winter its what I'm doing also to reduce cooling bill.

Someone is offering to let her use an Xtra-sun hood (no bulbs) and a 240 volt dual conversion remote ballast that's made to run a 600 watt HPS can she run a 400 Watt HPS to flower and 400 Watt MH for vegging.

She is so excited about the response she has received from this post and is washing and disinfecting the closet before she primes and paints it.Its tuned into a family thing her daughter came over and is helping and they were earlier sitting down and reading a grow magazine its really cool.

Its going to be all about venting....once she figures out if and where she can vent then the rest is easy.....depending on what strain she wants, she only needs a very small space for the mother, vegging could be done via bubble buckets/totes...I am guessing 60% of the area would be used for flower.....I will try and mock up a basic setup and post the file......

She also will not be flowering in the hot months she'll clone and veg until late fall then flower through the winter its what I'm doing also to reduce cooling bill.

With proper venting and crawl space for intake air, she won't have to worry about cooling a space that small. She can grow whenever she wants to.

Thank you everyone who contributed ideas to get this patient up and growing. As soon as its complete we will post a photo spread start to finish and maybe this help someone else set up a closet.

The impersonal hand of government can never replace the helping hand of a neighbour.

- Hubert Humphrey

Peace

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone just a quick update. She found an electrician who came in and wired here closet grow area for her $100.00 and her neighbor is finishing for her at no charge, he's a CG already.

Besides material she had on hand total spent was $207.88(and $100.00 of that was electrician cost)for a complete three tier closet grow.

'Margret' did take photos but not necessarily good ones so her grand-daughter will use best ones for the slide show we'll post in a week or so. (Sorry get it done sooner)

Good Health

Ed

We are ALL in this together

Archived