Plant Tissue Culture

Tissue culture is hardest of all possible ways to propagate marijuana. Time consuming and requiring a very sterile environment. As to it bringing your strain back to its max potency and flat out just producing more, I call BS. How can you improve the genetics without manipulation? A plant is a plant unless crossed with other genetics. But please do keep us informed on how your experiments come out. I have heard of others doing this but only to preserve a specific genetic for long periods of time.

Again, good luck.

hah some one beat me too it.

In a cpl months im gonna start this. can u do it? anythings possible...is it as hard as some may make it out to be....nope. drop me a message n ill let you know how to build ur glove box....eliminates need for flow hood. you may still have a few contaims....but it will work just fine. i cloned mushrooms like this for over 7 years. yes its a lil work, get it down n ull be amazed... plus its fun like science class. :thumbsu:

what the others said about potency n what not is true. your only going to get a clone....it wont be not one bit dif that what u started with. the thing thats really got me interested is the ability to keep a clone like that for a longer time. like when u get tired of a strain just pop one of these in fridge.... bring it back when ur not so tired of it

In an article a few years back Ed Rosenthal (High Times columnist and book author) dismissed it as w/o value except to preserve a strain in suspended animation, as a clone is a clone is a....clone. He then went into some detail as to how THC and CBD could be produced w/o growing a plant, essentially produced in petri dishes (huge oversimplification) and explained it is being done in labs in some countries synthetically and sold as extracts on other smoking materials. He speculated it would enter the US at the point that a cartel got hold of it (probably via Mexico) but I don't think it has happened yet.

I am interested in this as well I have seen it done but man it looked like a bunch of work. However I like the thought of being able to put a strain on hold. Also if it is just a tissue not a cutting it can't be claimed as a plant could it?

lol, my interested is piqued, but hasnt nature already done this for long term storage of genetic material in a product called a seed? (for genetic preservation that is)

no nature hasn't even come remotely close....in fact old mother nature doesnt have a clue. a seed is an unknown package that contains your genetics in some random pattern. that tissue sample...is the exact same plant you fell in love with. i also like what it does for breeding. u could keep a male to breed with generations upon generations.

no nature hasn't even come remotely close....in fact old mother nature doesnt have a clue. a seed is an unknown package that contains your genetics in some random pattern. that tissue sample...is the exact same plant you fell in love with. i also like what it does for breeding. u could keep a male to breed with generations upon generations.

Right on!---- Many annuals you see at the local nurseries are developed in such a fashion. This system is the future of live "medicinal herbs mass distribution" (high quality at that).

Although the seeds for "now" is where the exploration is at--- Until the geneticists begin to work with the BIG or SMART breeders...lol (sooner than later).

:skydive:

• 4 weeks later...

Follow the directions that came with the kit. Most importantly, keep conditions aseptic, perform work in a room with no air movement and allow about 10 minutes where your still at your workstation before starting. If your using the superstarts kit with 10 culture vessels, you can expect to get 1-4 healthy cultures. Contamination will be your #1 concern, and even if no contamination is present, much like traditional cloning, not all explants will produce plantlets. Enjoy your new hobby. Welcome to the elite club. It is estimated that only 10,000 people WORLDWIDE are practicing forms of tissue culture, of which I expect most are animal cell cultures. Tissue culture is said to bring back the original vigor, but I cannot deny or confirm that. I do believe that autoflowering strains could be propagated by this method? Good luck. I will try to find some of pics to show you what a cute little plantlet you can grow.

search for " aggie tissue culture exchange" will find a great resource page from Texas A&M.

or click http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/tisscult/microprop/microprop.html

you can make a very clean positive pressure "glove box" by wedding a hepa air cleaner to a plastic tub. throw away the lid and put a piece of clear plastic on it. cut a couple of hand holes opposite of the side used to supply air from the hepa. seal between air cleaner and tub with duct tape. works like a charm for shrooms.

Archived