Cannabis Massage Oil

Hello all,

I was looking for info online, and haven't had much luck. I am looking to make my own cannabis massage oil, and I am having no luck finding a recipe online. Everything I'm seeing is for cooking or ingestion, and any massage oil recipe's I do see are for mass amounts of medication and finished product. I am looking for a recipe that I can scale down and only make a few ounces at a time. I also have taken a liking to vaporizing my medication, and because of this have "duff" that is the by-product of vaporizing. I have seen that the duff can be substituted for green meds in making butter and oil to eat, and was wondering if that was also the case for massage oils. Thank you in advance, and any help is appreciated.

Yes you can use your duff but for the massage oil the thc is the part that works so well so i would save that for my butter and eating oil..

To make thc massage oil-

Take about 1/2 cup olive oil and heat it to about 195 degrees. then put in a few grams of cut or ground up herb. let it cook at 195 for about a half an hour.. Let it cool and massage away.. Peace to you my friend and blessings to all mm caregivers and patients..

Yes you can use your duff but for the massage oil the thc is the part that works so well so i would save that for my butter and eating oil..

To make thc massage oil-

Take about 1/2 cup olive oil and heat it to about 195 degrees. then put in a few grams of cut or ground up herb. let it cook at 195 for about a half an hour.. Let it cool and massage away.. Peace to you my friend and blessings to all mm caregivers and patients..

Is it safe to assume, then, that lavender oil, or something else that smells nice can be substituted for the olive oil??--thank you again in advance!!

Is it safe to assume, then, that lavender oil, or something else that smells nice can be substituted for the olive oil??--thank you again in advance!!

Sounds expensive and very fragrent but i suppose it could work.. I think adding lavender oil to your infused olive oil would be the better way to go..

Why olive oil? Might as well add some basil and lemon pepper to the mix, throw in a sprig of parsley and then go get baked, and so on. Seriously.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/gallery/image/8258-episode-the-butter-shave

Olive oil is often found in skin lotions, for sure, and actually promotes an Egyptian skin color in tanning lotions - but used alone it smells, feels greasy and goes rancid and all that - doesn't it?

Emu oil, a suggested alternative, is the refined back-fat of mature Emu birds and is one of the best transdermal oils on the planet. It's odorless and completely non greasy. It's safe and healthy. But because it gets absorbed rapidly, may need other additives for the whole slick willy of a massage. Borage is good. Collagen. All kinds of fun bags to play with. Trust me I'm a doctor.

The lavender - I'm looking to try that, too. I do know that lavender, like a lot of these oils, can effect your glands though and may cause hormonal disruptions so you don't want to go hog wild, as it were, and get jiggy with it. There was the case of the boy twin that used a lavender bath product and grew female breasts (JAMA 2008), and so on. Lavender can potentially cause impotence if used improperly, or in certain individuals. My first choice is Tea Tree Oil for healing inflammations, minor wounds, ulcerations, and so on. They're all priced around $6-$10 an ounce.

Archived