I Have The Worst Luck With Patients!

kreeee

So I have a patient that is unsatisfied with me as a caregiver. First let me share the prices I charge my patients. I give them the first ounce free and $170 each after that. (Better than ANY deal I have ever heard of with any other p-cg relationship) With that said, I understand his viewpoint to a certain extent, because I haven't been able to supply enough meds as he is requesting. I am working on my 5th harvest or so and my other harvests have been every 10 to 11 weeks or so. So I have decided to switch my cycle so I am harvesting one plant a week to better serve my patients. I have went over this on the phone with him a couple of times to explain that I am sorry things were slow and things will all be fine once the first cycle hits. (by the way the first harvest is already in the dry rack). So now that the meds are pretty much ready and going to be available to him in about a week or so, he decides to show his impatient rude attitude by calling me and leaving a voicemail threatening, "I was at the compassion club talking to a lawyer about my situation with you and he thinks that I have a case, I have all of your texts stating our agreement and you have not come through with your end of the bargain."(although he said it much more rudely and threatening) He is actually threatening to take me to court!! I can't believe this! Can he even actually do that? It is really just blowing my mind right now that he is even going this far when everything was just fine when I talked to him on the phone less than a week ago, and now this?! Oh yeah, most of his anger stemmed from a text I gave him telling him that I couldn't do a freebie on the very FIRST harvest because I had literally no money to pay the $230 electric bill that was due a week ago. So I gave him the option to buy it and he denied so I sold it to my other patient. Then I told him he could still have the free ones, just not at this very moment. I just can't believe the rudeness of some people. Oh well, I have a few patients lined up that are people I know and trust, people deserving of the compassionate care I can offer, and you know what? I'll probably knock another $20 off each zip for them. I'd like to see him find a deal like that from anybody else! (In case your wondering about the quality of my meds, they are all top notch cannabis cup winners and classic strains)_ I'm done ranting now, I feel better already...

LOL I have a pt. that when he signed on he was well aware we were in the process of building a grow room and that it would be months before first harvest..I have six in diff stages of bloom and one is almost ready to harvest. He emails me the other day saying hes broke and needs free weed lol..Like right like that. Or he will run out of what I or his friend got him and THEN call me like "I need some.". Luckily I have found a kind hearted person with some bottom buds to spare for him, but I know what you mean though, you need to remember these people (unless they are faking and went to certain doctors) are in pain and sometimes that effects their behavior. As far as the lawyer, there is not much that can be done as far as legal matters unless say you were growing quality meds then selling them on the street and making a killing, then giving your patients dirt weed you got from Doug P. Drug dealer from up the street. What if something happened and you lost your crop by no fault of your own? Is he gonna sue you then? I dont think many lawyers would do much to you. You however are allowed to drop patients if need be, there are posts all over this site on that. You cant let the patient push you around either, all you can try and do is keep them well and happy and hope for the best.

Good Luck man

joe

Such is the nature of a service business. No matter how clearly both sides express their needs and expectations, there will be times when conflict occurs. I wouldn't worry about legal recourse unless they've prepaid for services or something. Generally, in civil cases you have to be able to show damages. They could argue pain and suffering, but as they aren't restricted to obtaining meds from you ONLY, then that doesn't really apply.

Worst case scenario, you end up going your separate ways and ending the relationship.

He is actually threatening to take me to court!! I can't believe this! Can he even actually do that?

Yeppers! He can make your life miserable if he wants. In all honesty, he should. You promised him something (free pot) in return for something (his growing rights), and then reneged. You did not include any written escape clause's like "only if my best dreams come true" or "if i get the hang of this really quick", so he can seek the assistance of a court of law. Wait until you are standing in front of a judge explaining how you saw fit to withhold medicine from a needy patient... lol

Yeppers! He can make your life miserable if he wants. In all honesty, he should. You promised him something (free pot) in return for something (his growing rights), and then reneged. You did not include any written escape clause's like "only if my best dreams come true" or "if i get the hang of this really quick", so he can seek the assistance of a court of law. Wait until you are standing in front of a judge explaining how you saw fit to withhold medicine from a needy patient... lol

UHHHHHH............... Wow .................

For the OP YOu should have a sit down with your patient and go over the situation. If that

dont work just kindly seperate your ways

Good Luck

Small claims (conciliation) is money damages only, and in this breach of contract matter, which is the likely basis to file on, pain and suffering is not monetary damages and will have to be sued out in District Court. For him that makes it more difficult and expensive to nail you. It will cost plantiff substantial sum up front as I doubt he'll find a Personal Injury attorney to take on contingency. Anyone can sue over anything, anytime--and in business you are prepared for it. May be frivilous in your opinion, but what does the attorney who prepared your care giver's contract say? Don't have one? Change not just growing cycle but your approach. Care giving's basis is compassion, but that's not the only foundation. Compassion is true of an MD, a hospital, a registered pharmacist. They charage enuf to cover legal retainers, errors and omissions insurance, and funds to pay off (settle) rather than go before a jury. If he files, don't ignore the summons. Don't duck it, face it head on with your attorney. You could end up with a substantial default judgment against you and it can be collected against any and all of your assets, including your earnings from your day job. It's a business first, middle, and last--it's a business that unless your are independently wealthy has to supply enuf income to cover these natural andf distasteful occurrences. Your disbelief that anyone could go to law in the matter suggests your approach needs a complete overhaul.

So I have a patient that is unsatisfied with me as a caregiver. First let me share the prices I charge my patients. I give them the first ounce free and $170 each after that. (Better than ANY deal I have ever heard of with any other p-cg relationship) With that said, I understand his viewpoint to a certain extent, because I haven't been able to supply enough meds as he is requesting. I am working on my 5th harvest or so and my other harvests have been every 10 to 11 weeks or so. So I have decided to switch my cycle so I am harvesting one plant a week to better serve my patients. I have went over this on the phone with him a couple of times to explain that I am sorry things were slow and things will all be fine once the first cycle hits. (by the way the first harvest is already in the dry rack). So now that the meds are pretty much ready and going to be available to him in about a week or so, he decides to show his impatient rude attitude by calling me and leaving a voicemail threatening, "I was at the compassion club talking to a lawyer about my situation with you and he thinks that I have a case, I have all of your texts stating our agreement and you have not come through with your end of the bargain."(although he said it much more rudely and threatening) He is actually threatening to take me to court!! I can't believe this! Can he even actually do that? It is really just blowing my mind right now that he is even going this far when everything was just fine when I talked to him on the phone less than a week ago, and now this?! Oh yeah, most of his anger stemmed from a text I gave him telling him that I couldn't do a freebie on the very FIRST harvest because I had literally no money to pay the $230 electric bill that was due a week ago. So I gave him the option to buy it and he denied so I sold it to my other patient. Then I told him he could still have the free ones, just not at this very moment. I just can't believe the rudeness of some people. Oh well, I have a few patients lined up that are people I know and trust, people deserving of the compassionate care I can offer, and you know what? I'll probably knock another $20 off each zip for them. I'd like to see him find a deal like that from anybody else! (In case your wondering about the quality of my meds, they are all top notch cannabis cup winners and classic strains)_ I'm done ranting now, I feel better already...

I see your not realy a newbie, you joined in may of 09! You havent learned anything here yet?

You promised a free zip amonth, now since you are trying to get a continuious supply going, pt is not willing to bend! LMAO!

He hired you and he can fire you!

and he can sue you! (i wouldnt go that far but id drop ya like a hott potato) kinda funny how its easier for the pt to drop the c.g isnt it?

Ummmmmm Pt is the boss in this relationship! and Yes I got a way better deal than you going!!!

I get 4 plants untouched but beautifuly grown, and I go choose my 4 and he rips em out in front of me, he gives me a free zip a month on top of that, and a buck twenty five for anything after that!! Id say thats a better deal than what you are giving,(come on over and try my purps,or calimist/ak47! bet its bettter than what your growing! and guess what before i even signed this c.g i got at least 2 zips free on 2 dif occasions while we were putting together our contract, the only way i will drop c.g is if it goes way beyond 90 days for my crop to many times, or if he dont have a zip put away for me whether i have to pay or its a freebie, he best have 1 if or 2.5 for me at all times, but he will have that cause he didnt sign me on too soon(before he had enough meds) i mite go to him every day for 2.5!!! and he knows it!

maybe all the c.g's out there will see they are taking all the heat,(getting popped) and the patients that are smart are pretty much sittin back no high electric bill, no worrys about the garden, man im liking this, and I still get to crop my own 4 plants every few months, oh yea i help him now trim all the others at crop time and i get all the fluff for oils and medibles, I give him half back!

Dont become a c.g untill you are well into your growing and have plenty stashed to take care of them now ( a street dealer who grows there own can do that! why cant you? illegal overages?)

im in no way saying your prices are high, In fact they are very compassionate,,but a terminaly ill pt isnt going to see it that way,,jsut ask the people around him most, its not to pleasent to be disabled, and they usualy complain uncomfortably to the ones they love the most,,,he must realy love you lol

Peace

FTW

Jim

a pt signs a c.g not the other way around!

I see your not realy a newbie, you joined in may of 09! You havent learned anything here yet?

You promised a free zip amonth, now since you are trying to get a continuious supply going, pt is not willing to bend! LMAO!

Dont become a c.g untill you are well into your growing and have plenty stashed to take care of them now ( a street dealer who grows there own can do that! why cant you? illegal overages?)

:goodjob:

UHHHHHH............... Wow .................

For the OP YOu should have a sit down with your patient and go over the situation. If that

dont work just kindly seperate your ways

Good Luck

after some thought it mite have been a good idea to give him the zip than selling it to another pt! :rolleyes:

Peace

FTW

Jim

after some thought it mite have been a good idea to give him the zip than selling it to another pt! :rolleyes:

Peace

FTW

Jim

I understand your position on that but the fact is whether right or wrong the

caregiver took on the patient too soon and promised too much. And the fact

of the matter is if the caregivers operation will come to a screeching hault

cause of no electricity then I think taking a donation for THAT OUNCE

would probably be warranted at that time. If the caregivers operation stops

then by default so does the patients. Not good for either.

Everyone should remember this that is not ok for caregivers to take advantage of

patients AND in turn it is not ok for the patients to take advantage of the caregivers.

See thats why I love this page ... lots of good advice.. no matter what though in the end you will be ok..honest...I love both my patients right now even though they sometimes become very hard to deal with when you have no deals to deal with they are still your peeps that you are to care for and care about and thats what this whole thing is about..Lawyers..they may care to some degree but not to the extent you should..It is up to caregivers to care and give right? Do your best for them..I think a lot of patients who have never grown dont understand how hard it is to get an efficient for all grow going... Lots of cash time and effort goes into each grow..Lots of things must be considered by all..I would suggest to any patient to buy a copy of the marijuana grow bible or such just to see for yourself to see what growing indoors entails..at the same time we as caregivers need to remember we are dealing with sick people in pain and that they sometimes forget through that pain what we as growers go through on a daily or monthly basis... It isnt their fault they hurt but thats why we are here now isnt it?

See thats why I love this page ... lots of good advice.. no matter what though in the end you will be ok..honest...I love both my patients right now even though they sometimes become very hard to deal with when you have no deals to deal with they are still your peeps that you are to care for and care about and thats what this whole thing is about..Lawyers..they may care to some degree but not to the extent you should..It is up to caregivers to care and give right? Do your best for them..I think a lot of patients who have never grown dont understand how hard it is to get an efficient for all grow going... Lots of cash time and effort goes into each grow..Lots of things must be considered by all..I would suggest to any patient to buy a copy of the marijuana grow bible or such just to see for yourself to see what growing indoors entails..at the same time we as caregivers need to remember we are dealing with sick people in pain and that they sometimes forget through that pain what we as growers go through on a daily or monthly basis... It isnt their fault they hurt but thats why we are here now isnt it?

Well said.

Wow, i get the feeling some people think I was trying to talk smack, I'm not saying I have THE BEST deal out there, just a darn good one. Phaquetoo, that is an awesome deal indeed, I've just never heard of any deals better than mine unless the cg is selling overages on the street. I figured there probably are some straight CG's that have great deals and maybe even better than mine and thats great. By the way my meds are as follows, Super Lemon Haze, OG Kush, Headband, Power Kush, Vanilla Kush, Tangerine Dream, and the Ultimate, so I think my meds are pretty top notch. I hate when people take claim to having "better meds than you", there are plenty of incredible strains out there. And as far as the people thinking he should drop me I wish he would! I'm not worried about losing him at all, I would like to in fact, I already have better patients lined up, patients that can reap the benefits of a top notch meds on a weekly harvest for a great price, something he evidently didn't want now that it's here. And you guys have to understand that growing IS a learning process, and I HAVE ironed out the kinks. Thats the part that blows my mind, right when the kinks get ironed out and his supply will always be there is when he decides to start talking about legal action. Doesn't make much sense to me. And as far as never having any supply for him, on other harvests i would sell him an ounce a day every other day or so eventually selling him 6 or 7 ounces, what he did with it I don't know. Alls I'm saying is yeah I was new to this, I wasn't the best of caregivers in the beginning, I don't have the BEST weed or the BEST prices, I'm just an honest CG trying to be fair and help people out that are in need, I got into this with the best of intentions and plan to keep it that way. P.S. I do have an free ounce in the dry rack for him, hopefully he'll just take it and that's that. Once he gets it and realizes, Oh your gonna have this every week now? I'm sure he's gonna wish he never threatened me, but I can't care for people like this, It'll be me dropping HIM like a hot potato.

This is a point i was going to touch on.

PAY ATTENTION!!! ANY CAREGIVERS LOOKING TO MAKE PROFIT FROM GROWING: DONT TAKE PATIENTS THAT YOU CANNOT COMMIT TO !!!!

You know who you are, and that is another topic for another day.

"Primary Caregiver" is a role that people choose to accept. As such, choosing a patient is a difficult process. The Primary Caregiver has a responsibility to provide the patient with an uninterrupted supply of medication. That means that you need to take action to ensure that you can provide a patient as such.

In this instance there is an "unreasonable" patient. If it were a case where your grow died from disease, etc..., the resulting scenario would still exist: You havent met your "obligation" and provided an uninterrupted supply of medication. This means that YES you, as a caregiver, have to spend resources (money, favors, genetics) to keep your patients with an uninterrupted supply of medication!

If you had cultivated a relationship or two with other growers, or a local CC, you would have found that there was no need to lose this patient.

In this case, (one sided as it may be) get rid of the patient, and start cultivating relationships with other CG/P to avoid this in the future. Dont give up though!!!! Just a lesson to keep in the jar next to the kush.....

In my opinion the only way to keep a patient happy and flush in meds is to network with other caregivers and bounce off each others harvests as long as a group is not all running on the same grow schedule it goes very smoothly. :thumbsu:

How many patients do you have? If you've got more than one you really shouldn't have any problem providing them with meds. bunny muffin, that's 24 plants! 4 kept my patient smoking for 4 months, all day every day.

And not to be an arse, but just because you have winning strains doesn't mean that you got the bomb. I've seen super silver haze, blueberry, afghan, ak47, etc that were poorly grown, not cured and still wet at the dispensary... A name doesn't mean a hill of beans - your end product does!

I've grown out white rhino that would knock down the biggest baddest biker man in the room. I haven't seen any dispensary here selling a quality WR yet that could even compare. Same name, different results.

Spend your "learning" time over at icmag.com/ic and learn to grow pot or you'll keep having patient issues like that.

Sorry, but if you have the right to grow 24 plants your patients should never be without unless it's the first go-round.

And BTW - everyone with an attitude will start playing the lawyer card. Be smart and call his bluff - if he can't go to a dispensary and buy his meds do you actually think he's got an attorney on retainer?

Yeah you have to do your best to keep your pt in meds..If you cant then lawsuit is just silly..I mean for real isnt there enough legal crap going on with this whole thing to drag a lawyer in on a dude that is truly trying to help you but having problems is just madness..I know around here when its dry its dry...Not to mention my patient cant afford the prices many other caregivers want to charge to supplement until my first grow is done..There is no way I can just go drop three hundred bux and say here ya go ...maybe a lot of you can but I cant...Either way lots of good advice on here.

later,

joe

Thanks for all the advice guys. And yeah valleyrat, I know what you mean about some of those guys at the cc's trying to pump out as much as they can and not giving the plants the proper tlc. I went out to borders and bought the grow bible from day one, so yes my end product is dried, cured, and fertilizer free. I do everything organic, after all my plants are my babies. And I also explained the way I was doing my grow right from the beginning to him. So knew right off the bat it wasn't going to be consistant monthly harvests at first, but bitched about it anyway. (And I actually do know a couple of caregivers that I got a couple zips off of but he didn't want them because he had no money). But it's all good now, I just signed on with 2 more patients that are people I know so I'm looking forward to a great relationship with them....no more of this nonsense.....I'll throw him his one last free zip and his 12 plants (clones) and hopefully end these shinanigans on a semi-good note...

This is a point i was going to touch on.

PAY ATTENTION!!! ANY CAREGIVERS LOOKING TO MAKE PROFIT FROM GROWING: DONT TAKE PATIENTS THAT YOU CANNOT COMMIT TO !!!!

You know who you are, and that is another topic for another day.

"Primary Caregiver" is a role that people choose to accept. As such, choosing a patient is a difficult process. The Primary Caregiver has a responsibility to provide the patient with an uninterrupted supply of medication. That means that you need to take action to ensure that you can provide a patient as such.

In this instance there is an "unreasonable" patient. If it were a case where your grow died from disease, etc..., the resulting scenario would still exist: You havent met your "obligation" and provided an uninterrupted supply of medication. This means that YES you, as a caregiver, have to spend resources (money, favors, genetics) to keep your patients with an uninterrupted supply of medication!

If you had cultivated a relationship or two with other growers, or a local CC, you would have found that there was no need to lose this patient.

In this case, (one sided as it may be) get rid of the patient, and start cultivating relationships with other CG/P to avoid this in the future. Dont give up though!!!! Just a lesson to keep in the jar next to the kush.....

:goodjob:

Also as a caregiver you need to be careful of patients you take on...I agree with hempchef to a certain degree..You should be wanting or able to make money as a caregiver no matter what..I get that being a CG is a "privilege" but not to expect some kind of monetary income from doing that is just silly. It costs a heck of a lot of money and time do grow for people so always expect something. Once my grow is complete my pt's will get their first oz. free of their two 2.5 oz's then the rest will be given at a discounted rate depending on strain and what not..

As far as the be careful of patients...Just because they are sick doesn't mean they aren't gonna screw you. Some will apparently take advantage of the fact that they have all the rights and that if they drop you you as a CG don't get notified. So they sign you as their CG wait till you get your card then drop you .. You never find out about this usually then they sign on with another..If they do that with enough people enough times they get a hell of a deal on meds from all these cg's plus in some cases like with me free meds when they aren't suppose to be getting them. So be aware of that and lets face it. Most of the people with their cards were already smoking before they got them, now they have a card and all the rights and some look for ways to get more more more...Thats why I think there should be more CG rights also. We have families and livelihoods to care for and to have some jerk run a scam like that on you and put your health and family safety and shoot your freedom at risk is just silly. I hear all this talk about patient rights, but for real we should have a way to know who is really our patients and who is not.

I will be a patient soon myself and am already a CG and totally wish some of these loopholes didn't exist..Then everyone is like LEAVE THE LAW ALONE blah blah blah...I don't think we should, I think we should vote in an amendment or two ourselves to fix some of these errors. And to not smoke with someone because they aren't carded that you know is just silly also...You were probably smoking before you got your card lol and didn't think twice about smoking with that dude..Now your part of some fancy carded club and wont smoke with him its kinda silly rofl...just saying..

later,

joe

Thanks for all the advice guys. And yeah valleyrat, I know what you mean about some of those guys at the cc's trying to pump out as much as they can and not giving the plants the proper tlc. I went out to borders and bought the grow bible from day one, so yes my end product is dried, cured, and fertilizer free. I do everything organic, after all my plants are my babies. And I also explained the way I was doing my grow right from the beginning to him. So knew right off the bat it wasn't going to be consistant monthly harvests at first, but bitched about it anyway. (And I actually do know a couple of caregivers that I got a couple zips off of but he didn't want them because he had no money). But it's all good now, I just signed on with 2 more patients that are people I know so I'm looking forward to a great relationship with them....no more of this nonsense.....I'll throw him his one last free zip and his 12 plants (clones) and hopefully end these shinanigans on a semi-good note...

Roshambo his butt out the door man...

The time to drop a patient is before he threatens to sue you.

If you have something in writing he may even have a case. If not, then remember a verbal contract is not worth the paper it is printed on!

However, as a practical matter, no attorney is going to take this case on contingency, in small claims court (without a lawyer) there is a huge limit on the monetary limits, and this guy is not going to be able to hire a lawyer by the hour.

I hate jack offs who always threaten to sue whenever something goes wrong. As Dan Savage would say: DTMFA.

Peace

FTW

Jim

You hit the nail on the head.

There are several levels of recourse a patient can take....

Mizerman

p.s. a TRUE caregiver is supposed to get the product for their patient from another source if need be.

Archived