Cool Cell Phone Info!

Some one just emailed me this, I havent checked any of it out, as soon as my gal gets home we will try the remote thingy! lol something fun!

How to Use Your Cell Phone in Grave Emergencies!

5 Things You Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do

For all the folks with cell phones. (This should be printed and kept in your car, purse, and wallet. Good information to have with you.)

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies.

Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival.

Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an Emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly, this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND

Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone:

If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Editor's Note : It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!'

THIRD Hidden Battery Power

Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370#. Your cell phone will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell phone next time.

FOURTH How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following Digits on your phone: *#06#. A 15-digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe.

When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

FIFTH Free Directory Service for Cells

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800)FREE411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now. This is sponsored by McDonalds.

This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

Lately you all been my family and friends so here ya go! hope it works :thumbsu:

edit= had to take all the html out of copy and paiste, what a pain! you guys are worth it though, any one try the remote thing yet?

Peace

FTW

Jim

Some one just emailed me this, I havent checked any of it out, as soon as my gal gets home we will try the remote thingy! lol something fun!

]5 Things You Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do

For all the folks with cell phones. (This should be printed and kept in your car, purse, and wallet. Good information to have with you.)

Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival.

FIRST Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an Emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly, this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone:

If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Editor's Note : It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!'

Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370#. Your cell phone will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell phone next time.

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following Digits on your phone: *#06#. A 15-digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe.

When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800)FREE411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now. This is sponsored by McDonalds.

This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

Lately you all been my family and friends so here ya go! hope it works :thumbsu:

Peace

FTW

Jim

LOL! I got the same from a family member also.....hummmm, could we possibly be cousins?:o:D

Dizz

LOL! I got the same from a family member also.....hummmm, could we possibly be cousins?:o:D

Dizz

well dizz maybe or you are on the same mailing list as my pops! he is always sending me stuff like that! You know anyone in st.clair shores, or prudenville? pm me if you do, we can get to the bottom of this spam, lol :lol:

Peace

FTW

Jim

Sorry my friend but that video is a fake. Your car door locks work on a radio signal. You phones microphone can only reproduce waves in the audible range. To retransmit the key fobs radio signal you would need a transmitter on the same frequency.

There is also a video of someone opening a car door with a tennis ball. That does not work either. The person holding the camera is pressing the key fob.

The unlock thing is really cool, I will have to try it out. I also like the battery thing if it works on all phones and the stolen phone thing is kinda cool tried the code and my iphone showed the 15 digit number... 112 crazy... i thought 911 worked like that too. i was told you can dial 911 from a phone without a service plan...

well some of the info is true, I still havent tried the door lock thing, that would be kewl, cause my ole lady who I totaly love her but man she locks her keys in the car all the time, and I put a set under her car for that reason, and she winds up locking them in also lol!

Peace

FTW

Jim

5 Things You Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do

FIRST Emergency

SECOND

edit= had to take all the html out of copy and paiste, what a pain! you guys are worth it though, any one try the remote thing yet?

Peace

FTW

Jim

Phaquetoo ,

Do ya know if By Chance this will work if ya get Locked In Your Car ???

Phaquetoo ,

Do ya know if By Chance this will work if ya get Locked In Your Car ???

you know dub I havent thought of that one yet! my lady is blonde, we will give it a try today! lmao

Peace

FTW

Jim

we realy should get togther some time! :lol:

you know dub I havent thought of that one yet! my lady is blonde, we will give it a try today! lmao

Peace

FTW

Jim

we realy should get togther some time! :lol:

Yes Phaq ,

We do need to get together . I was kinda hoping you had the Answer on that Cell-Phone thingamajig getting me out-o-my Locked Car . So When & if I do get out of my locked car we'll hook up . If only it wasn't winter I might have left the windows rolled down & I could crawl out a feckin window . The Potential Good News is , With only 5 more months-o-winter left I figure we'll hook up by July . Or if we get a Good January Thaw & it's warm enough to roll a window down ,,, :coldb::roadrage:

Just read this page as posted above to see what's real and what's fake,

the the car starting and others;

http://www.snopes.co.../cellphones.asp

Thanks Sledge!

That is why i said maybe on the subtitle lol!

Peace

FTW

Jim

edit= yep that is def why i said maybe, I still think i can get my baby or dubliner out of their car if they are locked in with our cell phones! :sword:

yea cell phones are as easy as 1,2,3 to open locked car doors!!!

1. Just stand back about 3' from passenger door.

2. take cell phone and throw it as hard as you can at window

3. when glass shatters (be careful as to not get cut) reach in and unlock door.

:thumbsu:

I just tried the Car lock via Cell phone. It worked! I had an older phone and a new phone.

Older phone using the key less entry to the New phone at the car. Did not work!

New phone using the key less entry to the Old phone at the car. It worked!

Too funny.

yea cell phones are as easy as 1,2,3 to open locked car doors!!!

1. Just stand back about 3' from passenger door.

2. take cell phone and throw it as hard as you can at window

3. when glass shatters (be careful as to not get cut) reach in and unlock door.

:thumbsu:

well i was thinkin id just call them and tell them to unlock the door, (their locked inside) and badabing it works!

Your way is good also though!:thumbsu:

Lmao

Peace

FTW

Jim

well i was thinkin id just call them and tell them to unlock the door, (their locked inside) and badabing it works!

Your way is good also though!:thumbsu:

Lmao

Peace

FTW

Jim

Thanks Phaqu , Yer a Life Saver .

I'll wait fer yer phone call , But till then can ya bring some more Pizza & a few Espresso's out to the car for us . I did manage to find the keys but as I say I'm locked inside . I Keep hitting Unlock on my cell phone and all it does is lock & Unlock the feckin phone keypad . If I had a phone book I'd look up the number fer 911 & see if they could help ,,,

Thanks Phaqu , Yer a Life Saver .

I'll wait fer yer phone call , But till then can ya bring some more Pizza & a few Espresso's out to the car for us . I did manage to find the keys but as I say I'm locked inside . I Keep hitting Unlock on my cell phone and all it does is lock & Unlock the feckin phone keypad . If I had a phone book I'd look up the number fer 911 & see if they could help ,,,

I think its 112 now! isnt that what i posted! How am I gonna get the pizza into ya? :rolleyes: ur locked in, I hope you have some Irish beer in there! You mite not make it thru the nite!

Hang in there!

Im calling in the High tech Growers (rocket scientists) they should be able to figure the bugs out! dry.gif

I just tried the Car lock via Cell phone. It worked! I had an older phone and a new phone.

Older phone using the key less entry to the New phone at the car. Did not work!

New phone using the key less entry to the Old phone at the car. It worked!

Too funny.

I wonder if it works on garage door openers? If it did, Id love to get my dad outside on his cell phone near the garage and start making it go up and down. lmao, I have one of his garage door openers, it opens 2 over head doors! oh that would be a Riot! I live about 55 miles from him!

Some one has to keep his blood flowing! :rolleyes:

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived