Wait Six Hours After Smoking Marijuana To Drive

Wait six hours after smoking marijuana to drive (Israel is the first to actually say how long a patient has to wait)

By Dan Even

Patients who use marijuana for medical purposes must wait six hours after smoking the drug to drive a car, the Health Ministry is set to announce soon.

Up to now, the issue of driving and medical marijuana use had not been clarified formally, and this lacunae caused several police-related incidents, including the investigation in November 2010 of scriptwriter Ran Sarig, who uses marijuana for medical purposes, after he was seen on a television program driving with a marijuana cigarette in his mouth.

The new regulation will completely prohibit drivers of public or commercial vehicles from smoking the drug for medicinal purposes.

In recent months, the use of medical marijuana has risen in Israel, according to Health Ministry figures.

Up to now, some 4,000 permits have been given for marijuana use for medical purposes. The mini1stry believes that after final regulations are ironed out for the use of medicinal marijuana, some 40,000 patients in Israel will use the narcotic.

Authorization for marijuana use covers the holding of 200 grams of the drug at any one time.

The drug is grown and supplied for medical purposes by an authorized list of persons.

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

well how can they even tell? the drug testing site that the court is using on me stated they don't use blood tests cause they only last 4 hrs? urine wont show a hourly background....seems silly so basically never say uhhh a cpl hrs ago?

never

NEVER

N E V E R

Never ever never tell leo anything if asked.....escpecially about the last time u medicated..... this is one time if you are thinking with long term wisdom... you will plead the 5th. there is no precedence.

some judges may say 30 days since u last medicated b4 u r safe 2 drive....some may decide 24 hrs.

some may say smoke um if u got um......

shhhhh

less is more

keep it legal keep it safe.

Are they going to announce people taking Oxy Contin, Vicodin, Norco. Percocet, Morphine etc. must wait 6 hours after taking to drive?

Yes. I spoke to a Michigan State Trooper over Christmas about this issue.

They have the personal choice to take you or not. He said personally he has and will take anyone who appears to have medication in their system that may impair there ability to operate a motor vehicle.

He said he doesn't care if it's Vicodin, Xanax, medical marijuana or whatever.

Even if you do not confess to having medicated in the last six hours, if he suspects he will have you taken to the hospital for a blood test.

I tried to argue that a test could not tell how long ago you medicated (medical marijuana) and he told me I was wrong. The test was very accurate.

I don't know, kind of scared me because I've taken Vicodin since 2003 and never gave driving a second thought.

Even the United States Goverment supports the saftey of Marinol which does not have the other cannabinoid componant's that are known to temper the psychoactive effects of THC . These links have relevant information . http://norml.org/ind...m?Group_ID=7982 . http://www.davidbear...ann&Driving.pdf .The bottom line is all arrests will be arbitrary and subject municipalities and Citizens to expensive legal confrontations . It took California years to develop court opinion that stopped arrests for merely being a patient and driving . I agree with everyone that has stated always be polite to officers , reveal nothing that could cause them to begin a subjective analysis and now more then ever be compliant with all traffic laws and always exemplify courteous behavior . Michigan patients can be proud of their record these first few years . The Goverment admits in it's own statistics 6% of the population used Cannabis illegally even before patients were protected by our Act . Yet we have seen no major problems inspite of more focus due to prohibitionist activities .

I myself can see no reason for those with prior experience with medicinal Cannabis use to concede waiting periods before driving other then our own minds are stigmitized . I can see it for people who are new to Cannabis use and switching to unfamilar strains or injestion methods but only so far as we respect and do the same while using other medicinal items .

I too find it ludicrous for instance that Workmans Comp in our State forces thousands to drive on Narcotics and what I believe are more dangersous pyschiatric drugs every day without question . Just as I wonder why those prohibitionists would seek to create by default a segment of the population that could have a " accident " without explanation who are considerred a better class of privilaged people exhonerated with special consideration over the sick and infirmed treating medical situations ?

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/26588-legal-view-of-marijuana-case-driving/

The Medicinal Cannabis Drivers Prayer .

Dear Power that watches over us

Grant us a steady hand , mind , and watchful eye

That none ever be injured or hurt as we travel

We are medical patients with medicinal need

We have our herbal comfort many do not understand

Help us assess ourselves each time we desire to get behind the wheel

That we will follow all common sense law

That never will injury or death result from our actions

Dear power that gave us life

We promise to protect your loving gift .

To never drive not understanding the effects of our state of health and medicinal items

We pledge if and when we do drive to do so with loving concern

To always conduct ourselves so as to protect from distress or anxiety those whom share our road

We pray for the healing power of acceptance , cooperation and brotherhood in our Nation

We pray for equal access to education , medical care and work by abillity within our communities

We are patients

Even the United States Goverment supports the saftey of Marinol which does not have the other cannabinoid componant's that are known to temper the psychoactive effects of THC . These links have relevant information . http://norml.org/ind...m?Group_ID=7982 . http://www.davidbear...ann&Driving.pdf .The bottom line is all arrests will be arbitrary and subject municipalities and Citizens to expensive legal confrontations . It took California years to develop court opinion that stopped arrests for merely being a patient and driving . I agree with everyone that has stated always be polite to officers , reveal nothing that could cause them to begin a subjective analysis and now more then ever be compliant with all traffic laws and always exemplify courteous behavior . Michigan patients can be proud of their record these first few years . The Goverment admits in it's own statistics 6% of the population used Cannabis illegally even before patients were protected by our Act . Yet we have seen no major problems inspite of more focus due to prohibitionist activities .

I myself can see no reason for those with prior experience with medicinal Cannabis use to concede waiting periods before driving other then our own minds are stigmitized . I can see it for people who are new to Cannabis use and switching to unfamilar strains or injestion methods but only so far as we respect and do the same while using other medicinal items .

I too find it ludicrous for instance that Workmans Comp in our State forces thousands to drive on Narcotics and what I believe are more dangersous pyschiatric drugs every day without question . Just as I wonder why those prohibitionists would seek to create by default a segment of the population that could have a " accident " without explanation who are considerred a better class of privilaged people exhonerated with special consideration over the sick and infirmed treating medical situations ?

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/26588-legal-view-of-marijuana-case-driving/

The Medicinal Cannabis Drivers Prayer .

Dear Power that watches over us

Grant us a steady hand , mind , and watchful eye

That none ever be injured or hurt as we travel

We are medical patients with medicinal need

We have our herbal comfort many do not understand

Help us assess ourselves each time we desire to get behind the wheel

That we will follow all common sense law

That never will injury or death result from our actions

Dear power that gave us life

We promise to protect your loving gift .

To never drive not understanding the effects of our state of health and medicinal items

We pledge if and when we do drive to do so with loving concern

To always conduct ourselves so as to protect from distress or anxiety those whom share our road

We pray for the healing power of acceptance , cooperation and brotherhood in our Nation

We pray for equal access to education , medical care and work by abillity within our communities

We are patients

:goodjob:

Archived