Bill Schuette: ‘Polluter’S Attorney General.’”

During the eight years bush ran rough shod over America the United States suffered through the largest white collar crime spree in U.S. history. When bush2 said "The U.S.is open for business" he wasn't kidding and some of the worst criminals are those that affect our environment.

And with the GOP is back in power and they are continuing to sell us out in the name of a few bucks to allow massive pollution of the Great Lakes.

http://michigandems.com/index.php?q=newsroom%2Fbill-schuette-duty-polluters

LANSING – The Michigan Democratic Party today criticized Attorney General Bill Schuette for seeking to reverse a Michigan Supreme Court decision which upheld a 30-year-old Michigan law that any citizen can go to court to protect Michigan’s environment from pollution (Anglers of the Au Sable v. DEQ).

“Schuette has been Attorney General for barely two weeks and it is already clear who he is on duty for – polluters,” said MDP Chair Mark Brewer. “He is seeking to protect polluters by overturning a 30-year-old law which clearly says that ‘any citizen’ can go to court to protect our environment.”

“Sadly, his decision to protect polluters fits his career pattern of being on duty for Wall Street, corporate CEOs, insurance companies, and oil companies,” observed Brewer. “Far from being the ‘People’s Attorney General’ like Frank Kelley, Schuette is already the ‘Polluter’s Attorney General.’”

During the eight years bush ran rough shod over America the United States suffered through the largest white collar crime spree in U.S. history. When bush2 said "The U.S.is open for business" he wasn't kidding and some of the worst criminals are those that affect our environment.

And with the GOP is back in power and they are continuing to sell us out in the name of a few bucks to allow massive pollution of the Great Lakes.

http://michigandems.com/index.php?q=newsroom%2Fbill-schuette-duty-polluters

LANSING – The Michigan Democratic Party today criticized Attorney General Bill Schuette for seeking to reverse a Michigan Supreme Court decision which upheld a 30-year-old Michigan law that any citizen can go to court to protect Michigan’s environment from pollution (Anglers of the Au Sable v. DEQ).

“Schuette has been Attorney General for barely two weeks and it is already clear who he is on duty for – polluters,” said MDP Chair Mark Brewer. “He is seeking to protect polluters by overturning a 30-year-old law which clearly says that ‘any citizen’ can go to court to protect our environment.”

“Sadly, his decision to protect polluters fits his career pattern of being on duty for Wall Street, corporate CEOs, insurance companies, and oil companies,” observed Brewer. “Far from being the ‘People’s Attorney General’ like Frank Kelley, Schuette is already the ‘Polluter’s Attorney General.’”

Recall Shuette based on failure to protect the citizens of Michigan.

The first attorney that simply files for the right to petition for a recall will be on the front page of every newspaper.

This is what happens when you vote based on party.

Remember Shuette's plea- "It is important that you vote Republican up and down the ballot". Disgusting.

Wow, this hits close to home. I didn't even hear about the case until now.

I dont understand why the state run "department of environmental quality" thought it was a good idea to pump polluted water into michigans Holy waters. The ausable is known as the holy waters to those that are not familar. It attracts tourism from all over.

The state Supreme Court ruled today 4-3 against a plan to pump partially contaminated water from a polluted site into the AuSable River in a case decided with only three days left before the Democrats technically lose a majority on the high court.

Here is a guy who campaigned on freedom but then wants to take away your rights to protect yourself from the trespass of pollution. I wonder if Enbridge gave him any PAC money? The guy down the street from me has a big sign up that says "Embridge polluted my land and won't pay for it." The Kalamazoo River is still not cleaned up. I guess if you have a case you had better file it now.

You would think with the Deep Water Horizon Well gusher, Enbridge spill, and the Big Branch Mine collapse people would see we need to fix our regulatory agencies not castrate them.

Here is a guy who campaigned on freedom but then wants to take away your rights to protect yourself from the trespass of pollution. I wonder if Enbridge gave him any PAC money? The guy down the street from me has a big sign up that says "Embridge polluted my land and won't pay for it." The Kalamazoo River is still not cleaned up. I guess if you have a case you had better file it now.

You would think with the Deep Water Horizon Well gusher, Enbridge spill, and the Big Branch Mine collapse people would see we need to fix our regulatory agencies not castrate them.

Well said

Didn't Snyder also agree that the MDNRE (Michigan Dept of Natural Resources and Environment) needed to be split back into two agencies like it was before Grandholm messed with it?

I see that there might be more budget cuts ahead and the separated departments will receive less than they would combined... is this how we should run GOVT? Like a business?

"Oh here you go Mr Walmart... go ahead and build a super center on that protected watershed, don't forget to tip/lobby the political party I work for on the way out. You need not worry about anything from the Michigan DEQ... we cut their funding and hacked the authority they had HA HA HA"

• 2 weeks later...

http://michigandems....-duty-polluters

With fresh water drinking water supplies dwindling around the world and the need for agriculture to irrigate crops at an ever increasing rate. Water in particular the fresh water seas of Michigan and surrounding states have to be protected and to allow even a slight increase in pollutants is to much.

In some of the most arid places in the world indigenous peoples have already been forced to move in the millions because of the lack of or no potable water. In some instances aquifers have been completely pumped dry. The UN and World Health Organization(WHO) released a report in 1997 warning of a fresh water shortages world wide but it pretty much fell on deaf ears.

Oh and a quick fyi there is a rumor the Bush family has purchased several thousand acres of land in south America that apparently contain one of the largest fresh water aquifers in south America. Water has been turned into a commodity already and in the future wars will be fought over fresh water.

Archived