Rick Jones (R) Grand Ledge -Introduces Hostile Medical Marihuana Bill To Mi Senate

Rick Jones ® Grand Ledge -Introduces Hostile Medical Marihuana Bill to MI Senate

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28ycdsmvylim5oef20wcqkxvep%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=2011-SB-0017

Senate Bill 0017(2011), introduced 1/19/2011 and referred to Health Policy Committee. If the first link doesn't work look it up here:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28ycdsmvylim5oef20wcqkxvep%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=home

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Trumped

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

— The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitutin

SENATE BILL No. 17

January 19, 2011, Introduced by Senator JONES and referred to the Committee on Health Policy.

A bill to amend 1978 PA 368, entitled

"Public health code,"

(MCL 333.1101 to 333.25211) by adding section 7421.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN ENACT:

Sec. 7421. (1) A person shall not organize or operate a

marihuana club.

(2) A person shall not operate a marihuana bar or knowingly

allow land or a structure on land owned by or in the possession of

the person to be used as a marihuana bar.

(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a

misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 90 days or

a fine of not more than $500.00, or both.

(4) As used in this section:

(a) "Marihuana bar" means, subject to subdivision ©,

property where an individual is allowed to use marihuana under the

Michigan medical marihuana act, 2008 IL 1, MCL 333.26421 to

333.26430, if the use of marihuana on the property is conditioned

on the payment of a fee.

(b) "Marihuana club" means, subject to subdivision ©, an

association of individuals with membership restricted to those who

pay money or any other thing of value to become members, the

purpose of which is to allow more than 1 individual to use

marihuana under the Michigan medical marihuana act, 2008 IL 1, MCL

333.26421 to 333.26430, at the same time in the same private place.

© "Marihuana bar" and "marihuana club" do not include any of

the following:

(i) Property used as a hospice licensed under part 214.

(ii) Property used as a nursing home or skilled nursing

facility licensed under part 217.

(iii) Property where marihuana is legally dispensed under the

Michigan medical marihuana act, 2008 IL 1, MCL 333.26421 to

(d) "Payment of a fee" means the payment of money or any other

thing of value. Payment of a fee includes the purchase of goods or

services, including goods or services that are not incidental to

the use of marihuana, and the payment of money or any other thing

of value to belong to an association of individuals.

IF THE USE OF MARIHUANA ON THE PROPERTY IS CONDITIONED

5 ON THE PAYMENT OF A FEE.

6 (B) "MARIHUANA CLUB" MEANS, SUBJECT TO SUBDIVISION ©, AN

7 ASSOCIATION OF INDIVIDUALS WITH MEMBERSHIP RESTRICTED TO THOSE WHO

8 PAY MONEY OR ANY OTHER THING OF VALUE TO BECOME MEMBERS,

So ok no more membership fees!

Trumped

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

— The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitutin

Yep and I am going to keep hammering the constitutional rights guaranteed us because isn't that what the new congress said?! 'We're going back to following the constitution!" My how soon they forget!!!

To be honest I don't think any of them had ever read it before they did on the floor of congress at the opening session.

Face it the Democratic voters screwed the pooch at mid-term by not going out to vote thus giving the GOP/Tea Party the election on a dollar green platter. And fearing that will never happen again the GOP/Tea Party is now courting young Latino voters looking to build up a base for the 2012 election cycle.

I have some news for the GOP/Tea Party. All the Latinos I know wouldn't pee on a republican if they were on fire let alone vote for one. For the past several years GOP especially has had a hard on for getting rid of non-Americans even those born here of illegal parents and now they want to be friends with those they've been trying to toss out of the country.

Our Congressmen are the finest body of men money can buy.

- Maury Amsterdam

Peace

Be sure and let the good congressmen now how you feel about his attempt to take away our rights under The U.S. Constitution.

His state homepage

http://www.senate.michigan.gov/gop/senators/Jones.asp?District=24

Contact

Office Address:

915 Farnum Building

Mailing Address:

Senator Rick Jones

P.O. Box 30036

Lansing, MI 48909-7536

By Phone:

(517) 373-3447

By Fax:

(517) 373-5849

By Email:

SenRJones@senate.michigan.gov

goddammitt with the freakin' dispensaries!!! OOOOO if I could turn back time I'd make sure that NEVER HAPPENS. You disp. people are hurting us all more than you're helping. and by the way the gop and tea party got THOUSANDS of dollars donated by corporations b/c they're allowed to give unlimited funds. IF ENOUGH people voted we might've defeated their deep pockets. Well this is what we get. Now we have to fight even harder. greed vs. Compassion. I'm Pizzed, I swear we're in a backwards dimension. Well, since you disp. people made this mess you better help us get out of it, FOR THE PATIENTS SAKE and the RIGHTS OF THE GROWERS!!! I'm FUMING MAD!!! It's bad enough we have bad leos, feds, and rotten politicians, judges, etc., messing with us, plus some greedy cg's and pt's. Ya couldn't be happy with what we voted for- no, "just because the law doesn't say no disp's doesn't mean they ain't legal," ya say. Oh really??? WE HAVE A GOOD LAW; I WANNA KEEP IT that way. THE PEOPLE VOTED FOR IT, SIXTY THREE PERCENT and many who have nothing to do with MM voted with their hearts! I warned everyone this could happen, now look at it! Whatever your plan is, IT"D BETTER BE GOOD. You're making me regret EVER getting involved- NOW, stick THAT in your pipe and choke on it. Maybe I oughtta just quit. I'm SO MAD and I have a RIGHT to be! Where are our allies now? I warned ya.

Sb

My feeling is because the legislature can't get 75% to change MMMA law they will instead ask/order MDCH to open the rules and clarify some things as the MML draft indicated.

This was unexpected to me though, and I fear for the Compassion Clubs, and events where patients gathered and had a med tent, etc.

Somehow the dispensaries need to be defined seperate from the Compassion Clubs, or else there might not be anywhere for new patients to go for help.

Blueberry says we need to be ready, and he is so right; we need someone ready to work on the rules if they are sucessful in opening them up.

If the call is given to march I will be there; but that's all I'm good for.

We have been planning for this for a while. So this did not catch us flat footed. I am trying to complete our form letter to send to the House today. This is bad, but it would have been worse if we didn't know it was coming. I want you folks to trust me when I tell you things like Compassion Clubs are on the chopping block. For years before I got sick I was a business consultant. I was paid to figure out which way the ball was going to drop. We are going to get hit from many different angles. We must counter this draconian action with positive actions. We must now begin our counter offensive. Compassion Club Leaders believe me when I tell you I know how to save the clubs, but I need your help.

We need to develop posters and placards for the spring Rally. We must start to organize our transportation network. I was looking at May 25 as a tentative date. We can adjust either way if need be. Every Compassion Club and retail location in the state needs to help recruit for the Rally. I will set up a special fund whose sole purpose will be our counter offensive. We must stop all the infighting as it will only assist our enemies in destroying us. It's time to execute. The debate is over.

Thanks, bb

thank you for your efforts Bb

please email me anything i can do to help organize the MAY DAY March.

we will be happy to sponsor a sign building and poster / flyer for awareness campaign up here.

Bethany and i decided last night we personally are going to help get 100 people from here to come to the MAY DAY march.

that appears to be true.

it appears compassion clubs will not be affected by this bill.

social gathering locations will be. this bill attacks peoples right to assemble and use only, it doesn't block transfers in markets or dispensaries.

unfortunately we are trying to secure a permanent location for our club up here in a building we plan to use also as a workshop / social playground for card caring members in good standing.

it appears this bill will try to tie our hands with regards to my right to assemble. and if we need / choose to medicate while on private property i don't wanna be told we can't.

many of our members are asking for a central location to gather, socialize, build relationships and work on projects as a group.

Haha rick jones....i just talked to his lil hench boy.... he swears this bill does not stop clubs.....only marijuana bars? wtf call him get him!!!!!!!!!! lol i asked why rick isnt out trying to close down houses full of pill junkies.

1 517 373 3447 rick jones. call and let him know what you think. be sure to point out this si a very un republican thing to do.

that appears to be true.

it appears compassion clubs will not be affected by this bill.

social gathering locations will be. this bill attacks peoples right to assemble and use only, it doesn't block transfers in markets or dispensaries.

unfortunately we are trying to secure a permanent location for our club up here in a building we plan to use also as a workshop / social playground for card caring members in good standing.

it appears this bill will try to tie our hands with regards to my right to assemble. and if we need / choose to medicate while on private property i don't wanna be told we can't.

many of our members are asking for a central location to gather, socialize, build relationships and work on projects as a group.

our club is working on same..We want to help more people..And with a building we can help more days and more hours..So we work for free labor, so we help educate..That is the problem they do not want us educateing ecah other, gathering in small groups..A bunch of small groups get together, you have one big group..That is what they are affraid of..US uniteing..as one..As one they can never win..LETS hold hand =s and make our own Wall/Wall agaisnt our rights....http://clarecountycc.ning.com/

Better we react like upset children than educated adults? Threats imagined addressed to legislator's will help them understand?

React, don't think, can't lose!

Now there's a catchy phrase.

No wayne its better we sit on our donkey and do nothing....you are right lets not over react lets do like they did in the 60s....we can just all gon hide and hope they dont find us. Ihavent talked with you enough to really understand your stance, at times i dont feel like we are on the same side. You might have some killer chit though....u crack me up...help them understand? what in the fek do you think they dont understand? They are the opposition.... they dont need to understand anything but back the hell off my rights. they dont want to understand wayne... they want you to sit at home not wanting to over react while they build a new prison for us....

No threat whatsoever to our new found rights, unless Amsterdam style cannabis clubs are what your defending. Long way to the senate floor, amendments, and enactment to overreact now.

But... this does show that the 'legal' dance has 'officially' begun.

And this is just the first step of the waltz that's going to be going on for some time.

In Arizona, the legisaltors stepped on the 'law' and changed the 'patient and doctor' relationship standards of care, which they probably had no right to do, and future legal proceedings will have to sort it out.

No telling what we'll see next?

goddammitt with the freakin' dispensaries!!! OOOOO if I could turn back time I'd make sure that NEVER HAPPENS. You disp. people are hurting us all more than you're helping. and by the way the gop and tea party got THOUSANDS of dollars donated by corporations b/c they're allowed to give unlimited funds. IF ENOUGH people voted we might've defeated their deep pockets. Well this is what we get. Now we have to fight even harder. greed vs. Compassion. I'm Pizzed, I swear we're in a backwards dimension. Well, since you disp. people made this mess you better help us get out of it, FOR THE PATIENTS SAKE and the RIGHTS OF THE GROWERS!!! I'm FUMING MAD!!! It's bad enough we have bad leos, feds, and rotten politicians, judges, etc., messing with us, plus some greedy cg's and pt's. Ya couldn't be happy with what we voted for- no, "just because the law doesn't say no disp's doesn't mean they ain't legal," ya say. Oh really??? WE HAVE A GOOD LAW; I WANNA KEEP IT that way. THE PEOPLE VOTED FOR IT, SIXTY THREE PERCENT and many who have nothing to do with MM voted with their hearts! I warned everyone this could happen, now look at it! Whatever your plan is, IT"D BETTER BE GOOD. You're making me regret EVER getting involved- NOW, stick THAT in your pipe and choke on it. Maybe I oughtta just quit. I'm SO MAD and I have a RIGHT to be! Where are our allies now? I warned ya.

Sb

SB, I'm afraid that your anger is misplaced. Big brother is the enemy, not the dispensaries.

My anger displaced, eh? Yeah big bro is the enemy AND the disps. Now the CC's are being lumped in with the disps. Think what you want. I could care less. I HAD IT, I'm ready to walk away from this whole thing, might have to anyway if I can't find some considerate people who are responsible. Today I got more bad news too, I walked right into a bad one, concerning a Colorado person, didn't know till I complained, got a load of b s and I know this person has some interest in some disp, too. I might get chewn out big time for it but I'm tryin' to protect our own, tried to explain, but it was futile.

Sb

Archived