Snyder Announces Federal Assistance For Small Businesses

As a small business owner I've heard this moo poo before! Just try to qualify for that money....more twists and turns than a soap opera in qualifying. Hopefully, just maybe they really did do something to make funds available to small business owners, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Dizz

I've seen many small businesses fold up, between taxes, high rent, heating, and insurance. There may be incentives to open here, but then they've got 'em hung out to dry and wither away. I also heard that a lot of people left MI last year, heard this before, too, main reason, lack of work. I wanna leave here too but where will I go? There's no guarantee it'd be any better. A friend of mine was talking with a mechanic who wanted to open his own shop, my friend warned him about what's happened to others who tried and soon failed. Another friend wants to have a small business, I'd love to partner with him, but know the chances of us succeeding are very slim. It's such a sad situation. Any business has to raise prices to keep afloat, customers can't afford it, business folds. Workers are unemployed, buildings remain empty.

Sb

Guest finallyfree09

darn silverblue... U r so rite.

I am self employed and am having a heckuva time trying to make it. I have lost 2/3 of my income since 2007. All due to govt spending cuts and also people can't afford my services.

It was very traumatizing to go from making 150k+/yr down to 50k like I am now. Was almost unable to hold it together during the free fall.

Sure would be nice if I could get a. $35,000 grant... I could get back on my feet a little

I hear you both in this one it's bad out there as far as trying to get loans or grants. I hear that the communities are offering incentives through their economic development programs. The downriver communities are welcoming with open arms and are advertising their Grant and loan programs. Might want to they one of them.

Dizz

Archived