Silverblue's Chit Chat Lounge

Silverblue

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A man goes to a psychologist and says, "Doc I got a real problem, I can't stop thinking about relations."

The psychologist says, "Well let's see what we can find out", and pulls out his ink blots. "What is this a picture of?" he asks.

The man turns the picture upside down then turns it around and states, "That's a man and a woman having relations."

The psychologist says, "Very interesting," and shows the next picture. "And what is this a picture of?"

The man looks and turns it in different directions and says, "That's a man and a woman having relations."

The psychologists tries again with the third ink blot, and asks the same question, "What is this a picture of?"

The patient again turns it in all directions and replies, "That's a man and a woman having relations."

The psychologist states, "Well, yes, you do seem to be obsessed with relations."

"Me!?" demands the patient. "You're the one who keeps showing me the dirty pictures!"

Trix

LOL @ psych joke.

Soon I'll be adding more about healing.

I see a lot of people are viewing this thread. Thanks all for looking in!

Have fun, relax, count your blessings, be well and safe.

I'm looking into having my own radio show. The terms on most sites are about the same, Live365 has an interesting setup for people who wanna play music, they have an arrangement with about4 agencies that handle licensing, so if I wanna play a song by my favorite artists, I can fill out a form and get permission to play it, without worrying about copyright infringement. As an artist myself, I'm very sensitive to these issues. I hope the artists get some royalties, not just the big, greedy record companies. If I could, I'd sign with an independent label, one that truly cared for my work, as well as my rights. The site's terms are much like any other, they claim the rights to whatever we put out there, that they can reproduce it without paying us anything. So we pay them for the right to use their software, and we "trade" our rights to them to use our content. I don't think this is fair, paying for a service shouldn't automatically give them the right to use our work as if they owned it. At least we still own our content, I think. So if I share something that is an original work, I think I still have ownership rights, if I don't, I'm OUTTA THERE QUICK. When I have time I'm gonna re-read the terms. If anyone would like to read them, too, it'd be helpful to me in case I have a question, maybe someone will understand it better than me. This is why I'm afraid to have my books published, I don't wanna lose my rights. All our lives, we seem to be fighting one battle after another for OUR RIGHTS. That's what it all boils down to. I feel a rant coming on so I'm gonna stop right there.

Sincerely, Sb

SB, I would be happy to read over the terms if you forward them to me or send me the link. I have some company coming tonight, but I need to get you over an email anyhow regarding some previous things we have chatted about. Sometimes I find that I am "spread thin" and have to cut back in some areas, but please know our discussions have not went to the wayside. I am just trying to figure out whether I can fit everything into life or if I need to "ditch" somethings. (definatly does not have anything to do with what we have discussed) I will be emailing you with some details late tonight or tommorrow, please feel free to PM me that info and I can do my best to cover it too :)

I don't have much time, have to get the dang lasagna made up...BUT I wanted to touch base on the healing described above. I have read ALOT on the subject and have a vast library of books on it. (some helpful, others are peoples perspectives that do not fit into my realm of thinking) I, personally would LOVE to hear more on your stance on the whole subject. Perhaps you should look more into turning this thread into topics about exactly that!! I understand you wanted this thread for people to just come and "get away" from all the "seriousness" and I totally see how that can be beneficial. At the same time, I think you have so much to offer in other areas..... PLEASE do not take that the wrong way. I love some of the things you talk about, love getting a different perspective to things I believe in and think you have some great insight. I believe you, like so many of us, are looking for your "place" in this community and to be honest....there's a place for everyone. I say incorporate your humor into what you enjoy best....Edcuating people on the processes of natural healing!!

With that said, I am going to go figure out what kind of desert to make with lasagna. Any suggestions? Nothing majorly complicated as I already have to do 2 different lasagnas, 2 different breads and throw together a salad. Gets very hard figuring out meals with health issues and picky eaters all in one family, not to mention adding company to the mix :)

Northerngal I'm sorry I missed your post in my thread. In fact I have an urgent message about the right to choose alternative/complementary care and those who provide the services, MI is fighting this for awhile, some small group of doctors are making trouble for us, it's all about natural care, it could include Cannabis I'm sure. One of our members posted a link and I'm posting their faq page, this is very urgent for me an anyone who uses various forms of natural care, various natural healing techniques and practitioners are being threatened, again.

Sb

http://michigannaturalhealthcoalition.org/faq

• 2 weeks later...

HAVING MY OWN RADIO SHOW won't be happening for awhile, an expense came up that's more important, which will be ongoing. I could do one thing or the other but not both. For now I'm very happy to be included in a segment on Michael's show. Someday I hope I can make that dream come true.

Keep the fun going here! Puns, funny stories, I had something in mind that'd be like "Jeopardy," and other word games. I'll also talk more about natural healing here. Thanks all for viewing the thread, I hope it's helped you.

What would you like to see? I had hoped the music titles game would've caught on. Oh well.

Sincerely, Sb

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I had hoped more would come here. I wonder if anyone's used any of the healing techniques I mentioned, and if it was of any help. They sure help me!

It surprised me to see a joke thread on the forums, though I had encouraged jokes here, as long as they weren't disgusting; the ones I saw in there were pretty good, I liked a lot of them! There are some good examples of adult oriented jokes that are still tasteful, in here, and in the other thread. I'm not competing with anyone though and I'm glad to see some light-hearted places where people can just relax and unwind.

I will come back soon and add a few more ideas for fun things we can do. Thanks to all who contributed to the fun! Let's do some word games, I had some in mind, have to remember them, and I'll come up with more music stuff, too.

Sb

• 2 months later...

If you need someone to talk to, I am here, if you need a shoulder to cry on, I am here, if you need a friend, I am here.

How can I help put a smile on your face, warm your heart, ease your pain, help you find strength, courage, peace, and joy? May I be there to encourage, support, and comfort you? I wish it were as simple as giving you a hug to wipe your tears away.

Can we share a laugh, a story, a game, can we get to know eachother, can we be friends?

Sincerely, Sb :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is where we can go to have fun, but sometimes we need to have a SERIOUS TOPIC. Sometimes it's hard to have fun, till the yucky stuff gets resolved. This has taken me at least 3 hours to write, so I hope those who read it will give it some thought.

SO here it is in my own words, from the depths of my heart, soul, and spirit: What do you do when you're really hurting emotionally and you feel there's no one to talk to? Of course, no one can truly understand what you're going through, though many are well-meaning in their efforts and still can be effective in helping. Society has no room for compassion; emotional outbursts are met with punitive responses, instead of guidance, a compassionate ear, and empathy, all too often we feel we cannot trust anyone and we must face our situation alone. In the midst of an emotional crisis, that's the only thing the sufferer knows. It may not matter what will happen tomorrow, what will happen if someone does something irrational out of sheer desperation- all that matters is,"I AM HURTING and I feel so ALONE". Society doesn't know how to deal with emotions. Everyone should learn some form of anger management and practice it whenever they need to. We all have times when we need to vent and shake off that excess emotional energy caused by stress, anxiety, fear, grief, anger, loneliness, abuse, desperation, and trauma. Rejection, exclusion, denial, being forced against our will, these among any negative situation that causes us to feel bad, will have a profound effect on the victim. Injustice of any kind can take its toll on even the strongest among us.

Managing our feelings is no easy task. Sometimes we can push them out of the way, at least well enough to function, but the situation still is not resolved. I can use Cannabis to help me deal with some really intense emotions. The big question is, HOW do we handle an emotional crisis and get the problems resolved? Medicine has its place, but then what? Well, the first question to ask is, HOW did it happen? WHAT started it? WHO started it? Who's fault was it? How do I sort it all out, my feelings, how I handled it, or didn't, whatever. WHAT just happened here? Regardless of who's fault it was, it still must be resolved somehow.

Among the few guarantees life gives us, we can count on having some very traumatic experiences, unfortunately, but what do you do when you're hurting SO BAD that you feel that life just isn't worth living anymore? Instead of being ridiculed for it, WHERE'S the COMPASSION? The sufferer can't see any other solution, may've been ridiculed for even expressing their feelings. How often have you had a problem you just could not solve no matter how you tried, till someone else with a different perspective comes along and sees what should be obvious to you? It's so hard to see the right answer when we're caught in the grips of an emotional meltdown.

Society says suicide is a crime. They even go so far as to punish the one attempting it,. If the person succeeds, and has no will, all their possessions automatically go to the government. I'm not arguing for accepting suicide, though I question the right of someone to dictate to anyone what they have the right to do with their own lives. I won't get into religious beliefs, ethical or moral debates, either; my main concern is for the person feeling this way and how to help give them a genuine reason to want to live. Having a Reason To Live is extremely important. What motivates someone to want to live? What motivates them to not want to live?

Well, the first thing, in order to help someone is, to LISTEN. BE A GOOD LISTENER. Don't judge, don't assume, don't brush it off as not that serious, even if in reality, it's not, because, to that person suffering, it IS VERY REAL AND IS THAT SERIOUS. Even if you don't understand, please, hear them out. They're hurting badly enough, they don't need to be made to feel worse. To them, suicide is a last resort, an act of pure desperation. Perhaps they took on more responsibility than they could handle, maybe someone abused them, remember, abuse has many forms besides physical. Maybe they were ignored, bullied, deceived into doing something they'd never otherwise do or even consider doing, such as, giving up their rights. Whatever it is, the problem is very REAL to them. They don't want to be feeling this way, that's why they may feel suicidal. Let's see how we can help people who are hurting, so they can feel they have a safe place they can turn to. I know the support group and hotlines can be helpful, too. It depends, do you want a total stranger to help you with something as personal as this?

I'm no psychologist or authority on this but I KNOW how I feel, I think anyone who wants to help someone with such a dire situation, should have some kind of understanding, experience to some degree, what it's like to feel like you're pinned into a corner and there's no possible way out, or at the edge of a cliff, and it seems like the only way off is going by over the edge. Emotions are so unpredictable! A perfect example of emotions gone wild is the panic attack- it seems to come out of nowhere and hit at the worst time, yeah, like there's really any good time for it to strike. Sometimes after trauma, there's a delayed reaction, too, the "Ohmygod, WHAT JUST HAPPENED?" I've experienced both these things. We all have, to some degree, I am fairly certain.

So, we're still trying to understand the why, what and how of it. Understanding it as best we can helps us help the one who's hurting.

Next, I'll share some solutions. It may be more than one solution, not just meds, not just counseling, but also some creative ways of handling our feelings. There has to be a plan of action to actually fix whatever's wrong, if it's possible. There should be as many options as possible. For me, I can say what helps, and some things that helped others I know of, and hope it'll help someone else, too, or at least help someone better understand when someone else is hurting.

My life has improved in many ways, but I still need help, too. If I were as wise as some people claim I am, then why can't I fix some of my own mess? Remember, it's not always easy for someone to figure things out when they're right in the middle of an emotional crisis. Everyone handles life differently, and every situation is unique in some way, so each solution will need to be customized to fit that situation. One approach is to figure out what advice you'd give someone in the same situation if you were asked for help. This has helped me a few times, too.

I wanted to be a psychologist. Too bad I couldnt've have done it. I have the empathy, compassion, sensitivity, and basic knowledge of human nature. Despite what I lack, I have helped a few people, including myself in many ways. I wanted to be a lawyer, too, and a singer, songwriter, musician, and a few other things. So I guess I could get some counseling when I lose a case, then I can write a hit song about it, and sing about it, too. LOL!!

In summary, what all this comes down to is: It all begins with COMPASSION.

Sincerely, Sb :wub:

Evening " Silverblue "

Yes i can see your effort you took in writting this ...

To talk about your Feelings and to Share those feelings

w/ others is dangerous ... Becuase people are human i Guess ?

What Else i could give an Excuse for some of their Actions ...

When you talk about Feelings ... There is not really Right Or Wrong way to Feel ...

Feelings are Real ... They move Us... Some Good .. Some Bad ...

Feelings tend to open Us to be Hurt ...

A few times in my Life i wished i was dead ...

My life was Hopeless ... I did 'nt Care ...

I even tried ...

But Somehow .. Someway i've hung in there ...

We All need Someone to Love Us ...

Maybe thats why i like hugging my Friends ...

I always do ... and Maybe Saturday you 'll get yours ...

I could go deeper , But , Not Now ...

Huggs : Tarzan

• 2 months later...

FUN THINGS ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY, or, What I Like About You:

There are some names on here I think are really cute or have a great message, there are also some sayings I really like, and some pictures, too. I'll be editing this whenever I see something I want to add here, or whenever I remember something.

The Best Names:

Q-tipper

mayorshaggy37

Dr. Tarzan, MD

blueberry

Peanutbutter

Ms. Chocolate

phaquetoo (that is the most creative spelling I've ever seen, hoping I remembered it right!)

(I like food names especially, lol)

Best Sayings, Taglines, Quotes:

Something Garfield said in chat when I asked him if he lives here, being he always seemed to be in there, "I don't live here, I just park here." LOL!!!

A Quote from Kevin, "Dems have no balls, Repubs have no heart. Together they make a wonderful couple. They're Pepsi & Coke. Same thing but one is a little sweeter."

Pics:

bubblegrower's help button in his tagline- I LOVE it!

Q-tipper's pic.

Dr. Tarzan's pics, I've seen so many of them, when he welcomes someone here, wishes someone a happy birthday, or expresses sympathy, some emotion or occasion he finds a pic for- he has such a wonderful sense of how to choose a pic!

JOKES PLAYED ON ME:

Two on Michael's show; 1. When he found a band called Joe Cain, and let me believe it was Bb's band; 2. when someone there, possibly Chad, switched identities with me and Bb, called him Silverblue; then later in the show when I finally got through, when Bb commented on something I said, and called me Blueberry instead of Sb. That was fun!

Have some fun, gotta relieve some of the stress we've all been feeling. I wish I could take it all away forever! :bighug:

I'll be adding more soon! :D

Sincerely, Sb

i am honored to have made your list sb. thank you for the fun thread, its kinda a reprieve from "out there".

Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad to see people coming in here to take a break from all the stress out there. This is a place of healing. This is my sanctuary, I created it for all of you, and it's always open. I wish I had a place like this in reral space, where anyone could come, there'd be places for doing creative things, and places for just relaxing.

If I could, I'd do some of what I've posted in here, in person. I'd host a discussion about healing and stress, and do a guided meditation. It's so important to unwind and relax, have some fun, laugh, let the child within come out to play, be silly, let go, and remember how good it feels to have no worries, to know somehow things will work out and be ok. It's easier said than done to carry those good feelings over into the big bad world, but that's just what we have to do. I need it as much as others here do. Relieving stress will help ease pain and suffering, too. Anger management is also part of relieving stress. Many studies show stress as a big contributor to illness.

I'm no expert at any of this, but I do know a little, have helped some people, including myself. So please remember to take some time for yourself, find time to enjoy the simple things in life, be with nature, look at the sky, watch animals, watch comedy, play with children, let their laughter renew you. Make up a silly song, something that makes you laugh. I have some that I sing, and it never fails to make me smile.

Do creative things, channel any anger, fear, etc. Don't worry if you're not good at doing whatever, drawing, for example. It's a way to help ease the stress. If it helps someone feel better, they should do it without worrying how good they are at it. Art and music are proven to help in the healing process.

So, did you laugh today? Did you do something fun? Did you relax and maybe just for a little while, leave all this mess behind?

Sincerely, Sb

I too , am glad i made the list :thumbsu:

Just suprised my Quote did'nt make the cut ?

" One Act of Kindness at a Time "

But Anyways " Miss Silverblue " You Better be Ready

Wednesday ~ September 7th , 2011

on the steps of the Capital in Lansing - High Noon ...

I'm going to find you this time to get my Hugg :bighug:

Plus ALL the Huggs you owe me from our last Rally we both missed ....

This time I'm driving myself there ...

im going to remember you said all of this the next time i see one of your posts with all the cusswords in it lol... i will say "sb, you need to do some channeling"... lol :watching:

Thanks, Q-tipper, Sometimes I do need to be reminded. I know I can get very steamed up sometimes and need to chill. Usually I calm down enough after awhile. We all get emotional, even me. I have been doing some serious anger management work on myself lately though, and my stress level is much lower. Usually I do apologize after getting angry, if it's directed at someone, especially someone here, though when I need to defend myself, I will. Thanks for watching over me, I really appreciate it. If I do something wrong, I don't mind being called out on it, if it's done sincerely, and I know you are sincere. Thanks again.

Sincerely, Sb

I too , am glad i made the list :thumbsu:

Just suprised my Quote did'nt make the cut ?

" One Act of Kindness at a Time "

But Anyways " Miss Silverblue " You Better be Ready

Wednesday ~ September 7th , 2011

on the steps of the Capital in Lansing - High Noon ...

I'm going to find you this time to get my Hugg :bighug:

Plus ALL the Huggs you owe me from our last Rally we both missed ....

This time I'm driving myself there ...

Awww Tarzan, :bighug: Your quote is very good. Sorry for not including it. There's a lot of good quotes I haven't mentioned yet. I could fill a whole threard with them.

See you next week. :)

Sincerely, Sb

I will be adding new things to the list of cute names, and maybe some other things. There's so many quotes floating around, it'd be hard to get them all. So, added to the list of names I think are cute and unusual are:

THE BEST NAMES:

zapatosunidos, it means "united shoes" in Spanish! I LOVE IT!

Eggybuddy

samtheclam

I'm sure I'll find more soon and will add them to the original list.

A few quotes that stand out in my mind:(I'll add more to this later, can't think of anymore).

It's not what you call me, but what I answer to.

I'm working on another serious topic that's very important to me, about our health, not just stress, but other things that make us sick.

Sb

More things will be added in the quotes, expressions, terms that stick out in my mind, like these:

Some interesting things people say:

"Nastygram," by Bb. I never saw those 2 words put together. It was very appropriate for the situation. :D

"Begging for bologna" from Bb; he's got a bunch of little sayings and terms like these.

I'm sure there lots more from others here, I have a really good one but it was told to me in private so I have to ask permission first, (and you know it's clean, too, right?)

Sb

Guest Medicinal Patient

Sb!! :bighug: You did GREAT at the Rally today! Thank you for your courage and standing up for patient rights and our law! You are a true warrior! :sword: Ok, so I gotta ask...! How was it playing in front of 3000 plus people!?! I hope this trip was much more successful for you and comfortable. And we can't wait to hear the stories! But we will. You get some much needed rest when you get home. You have worked tirelessly advocating for us all. So proud of you and all the others who attended this rally. Let us know you returned safely when you can. Thanks for all you do! :blow-a-heart:

Archived