Lemon Cake

sknkwrks

over the summer i picked up a few grams of lemon cake and one of the buds held a little bean and i mean little. I kept it and around october i thought it was time to sprout it and see what would come of it. I kept it in veg for about a month and a half then threw it in the bloom room and wouldnt ya know it it was a girl. she didnt get very big but i managed to get a lil over an ounce off of her( i got a bunch of pics from my last grow ill post em soon) and at the same time i also had a great white that turned male so i crossed it with the lemon cake got a nice amount of good looking beans from her. My reason for the post is I wanted to know what anyone may know about this strain. I heard that it was a michigan made strain is this true? what strains were used to create this wonder of a plant? can any one on the board fill in the blanks for me. thanks

over the summer i picked up a few grams of lemon cake and one of the buds held a little bean and i mean little. I kept it and around october i thought it was time to sprout it and see what would come of it. I kept it in veg for about a month and a half then threw it in the bloom room and wouldnt ya know it it was a girl. she didnt get very big but i managed to get a lil over an ounce off of her( i got a bunch of pics from my last grow ill post em soon) and at the same time i also had a great white that turned male so i crossed it with the lemon cake got a nice amount of good looking beans from her. My reason for the post is I wanted to know what anyone may know about this strain. I heard that it was a michigan made strain is this true? what strains were used to create this wonder of a plant? can any one on the board fill in the blanks for me. thanks

info in a thread by original breeder:

Based on bag seed. Except the bag was from a very knowledgeable individual who said "These are from the strongest pot I ever had in my life". Certainly not mexi brick.IT grew out into a sativa that could get over 12 ft tall and judging by appearance was likely a a thai or haze type. Buds were prone to be a little fluffy. Took 12-13 weeks to flower. Great very up high that lasted all told about 4 hours. I went around the house singing. (If you ever heard me sing you would file it under crimes against humanity. Actually considering that animals can hear crimes against nature would be more appropriate. ) I would love to have this again. Amazing on pain.This was crossed with an unusual specimen of mcw which fell off a plant and grew. It was discovered under a very dark canopy of foliage. IT looked like a very sticky lollipop. I could not get it to re veg but was able to get all of seven seeds because I had a g13 / nl 5 male.

Okay so here is description. Plant X (the orig) x mcw (mitey mite, chemo, white widow [male pollen via ncga]) x g13/nl5 x thai blueberry (male)

My actual Lemon Cake girl at 50 days:

gallery_6229_121_289677.jpg

gallery_6229_121_241484.jpg

gallery_6229_121_592926.jpg

info in a thread by original breeder:

Based on bag seed. Except the bag was from a very knowledgeable individual who said "These are from the strongest pot I ever had in my life". Certainly not mexi brick.IT grew out into a sativa that could get over 12 ft tall and judging by appearance was likely a a thai or haze type. Buds were prone to be a little fluffy. Took 12-13 weeks to flower. Great very up high that lasted all told about 4 hours. I went around the house singing. (If you ever heard me sing you would file it under crimes against humanity. Actually considering that animals can hear crimes against nature would be more appropriate. ) I would love to have this again. Amazing on pain.This was crossed with an unusual specimen of mcw which fell off a plant and grew. It was discovered under a very dark canopy of foliage. IT looked like a very sticky lollipop. I could not get it to re veg but was able to get all of seven seeds because I had a g13 / nl 5 male.

Okay so here is description. Plant X (the orig) x mcw (mitey mite, chemo, white widow [male pollen via ncga]) x g13/nl5 x thai blueberry (male)

My actual Lemon Cake girl at 50 days:

gallery_6229_121_289677.jpg

gallery_6229_121_241484.jpg

gallery_6229_121_592926.jpg

thats mouth watering!

I'll let MrD know that folks are inquiring about the LC. She is a lovely lady...got a chance to try his newest breeding project recently, it is going to be sweet and a definate benefit to the medical community...Peace...j.b.

I am looking very forward to his new work, and am definitely interested in anything this man has to offer. The proof is in the pics above, and others posted here. I hope he has much luck in his new work, as the care and patience in his breeding shows in his original!

I've corresponded with Mr. D. through email. He seems like a really good guy. He's a bit bitter this Lemon Cake got out quicker than he would have liked.

He said it took him 10 years to come up with this strain!

I can tell you that I've been smoking for a long time and the Lemon Cake is probably the strongest meds I've ever had!

I'm happy to have a grow room FULL OF EM'!

I've corresponded with Mr. D. through email. He seems like a really good guy. He's a bit bitter this Lemon Cake got out quicker than he would have liked.

He said it took him 10 years to come up with this strain!

I can tell you that I've been smoking for a long time and the Lemon Cake is probably the strongest meds I've ever had!

I'm happy to have a grow room FULL OF EM'!

yea buddy... :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

The print out explaining it's origin is correct and I wrote it. The original plant grown from the bag seed (oh if all bag seed was like that!) also was very easy to clone and reveg. I reveged one of the originals 7 times, until it would not do it again. That was about 10 years ago or so I no longer do that. I actually know where 10 of those seeds are but it would require me to go out to CA to get them.

The lemoncake that is going around is the first acceptable plant from a series. There is lc, lc2, lc3 and mlc (mutant lc) I primarily breed for how the plant affects me. I did not want the lc out there since I am making an effort to create stabilized seed for it but it is.

There used to exist two variations one called Soup and The Monster. Both were lost to an unfortunate tear down. The soup was similar although not exactly same as the current lc. There was a variation of it that flowered in 5.5 weeks. Which was a whole lot better than the 14 weeks of the orig. I have not had anything that fast since. The monster was a cross with a thai / blueberry. It was easily amongst the most potent smoke I have ever had. One toke and you could feel the effects. Alas it is gone. Look up lemoncake here and read justbudz description of it. It is in the closed thread.

First only the lc is out and about. If you find any seeds of it it was either made with someones hermaphrodite plant (which is the last thing I wanted because it just adds bad aspects to the genetic pool.)or it was crossed with something else. It did not come from me.

My take on the variations are as follows. They are entirely subjective as far as effects since different people might respond differently.

Lc is potent and a superior yielder. It really responds well to the product called Gravity. I thought most supps were bs but I won a small bottle of it. (Thanks to the BACC) I use 3 drops to a 2 litre bottle of water fed all through flowering. Do not overdo this stuff follow the directions or do what I do. Otherwise you will get leaf burn. Look up Gorilla hydro and read thier article on it and the other supps made by the company. It makes buds much firmer and in the case of lc much larger too. Stop using it 2 weeks before finish and flush. It does not enhance flavor. Also the buds are a bit less frosty. I think this might be due to the resin production being directed to the calyxes which get much larger. No loss of potency.

The following exist but are not distributed.

lc2. This is a cross with a more sativa variant of lc. It is a little lankier, yields a little less than lc. It is (totally subjective here!) a bit more sophisticated than the lc. Or perhaps subtle is a better word. It is very "up" usually causing people to grin for the first 30 minutes or so. Then the high is similar to lc.

Lc3. This is my personal favorite for (bunny muffin how can I best say it?) standard smoke. Very smooth high, a little more potent than lc but that is my opinion. very uplifting, a slightly hashy taste. The hairs on the flowers are orange red rather than the more yellowish hairs on the lc. The structure of the bud is not as compact the way the buds come together is not as tight as the lc. A little less yield. On the other hand it is fairly fast in flowering at about 6 weeks. Sorry that I do not have a precise number for flowering yet.

LC4 This is being mentioned just for informational purposes since it was not kept. Nice short plant with buds that are a couple of shades with lighter hairs. If I kept it I would have called her Blondie. Fast in flowering. Nice bud structure. A single short plant about two ft. yielded 3.4 oz. For all the physical differences to the LC it is rather similar in high to the LC. There was not a lot of point in keeping it because of that.

MLC Mutant LC Go to the Brighton Compassion Club site and look for pics and explanations regarding Phreak and another titled "I am ready for my close up now" (reference to an old Joan Crawford film and mommy dearest). You will be able to see some shots of the plant in different stages and close ups. This is what JB was referencing. When he tasted it he was told take only 2 hits and wait. It was a "pin" joint that was only 1/4 inch of bud. It was enough for two people. Potent as all hell. Similar to the lost Monster. Very very up. Very fast in flowering. The plant grew 22 inches high and was 22 inches at its widest point. It is a mutant plant it started with 3 leaves and unlike many other "sports" it survived. It grows like an inverted xmas tree. I have heard of another person who said he had a plant of a totally different strain do the same thing.

Yield was 3.1 bone dry oz. This is one of the most frosty plants I have seen. The stems were frosty! Sticky to touch. Had to support the side branches due to weight of buds.

I am intending to back breed this to create seeds as a form of genetic insurance.

If you go the Brighton site look for the picture of Godzilla. Then look at the pics which will clarify my description.

Good luck

Oh yeah the MLC is the easiest to trim plant I have found. Minimal leaf once the fan leaves were removed. The lc has more leaf and so takes longer to trim. Now if it only could grow in the snow.....

MrD

I would like to thank you for creating this wonderful strain it was a pleasure to grow and I look forward to seeing what will come of the plant now that is has been mixed with the great white. I had only dusted a few buds on a couple different branches and collected 114 healthy looking beans. I now wish that i had let her get a lil bigger than she was before i had flowered her she finished out around 2 feet in height. I am more impressed with the smell of this plant very strong I have not yet had the pleasure of medicating with her yet due to issues that i would rather not talk about at this time but others in my circle have and the response has been nothing short of amazing. so i thank you and my people thank you

Its a creation of a bacc member there are 3 different phenotypes rockinlespaul knows the creator personally so he might have some more concise answers for you .

I am almost positive I have 2 different Lemon Cake phenotypes.

I got 2 separate clones from 2 very reliable and respectable people.

They don't look the same......now maybe one of them isn't Lemon Cake at all. I don't know.....

Mr. D., has only one of them gotten out? Can you be sure of this?

I asked you in the email, but you didn't address that question.

So it's ok for you to mention who knows about thiis, but it was'nt for me. It's a conspiracy :jipo:

Please lets not let this thread become what the last one did. MRD was kind enough to come on and verify everything with NO animosity, and explained everything thoroughly and professionally. We need to move on with this bull, and enjoy what this man created, whichever incarnation.

Thank you MRD for clarifying everything.

Please lets not let this thread become what the last one did. MRD was kind enough to come on and verify everything with NO animosity, and explained everything thoroughly and professionally. We need to move on with this bull, and enjoy what this man created, whichever incarnation.

Thank you MRD for clarifying everything.

:goodjob:

Sorry about not answering your question earlier. No there is just one phenotype out there. This is without a question. There is a slight curve present in the leaves. It is one of the aspects to look for. I have no idea about any crosses that others might have created.

In general I suspect there are a lot of bs claims regarding what represents a given strain. Very few people seem to know the "province" of what they grow. That is a high faluting artsy fartsy term for a things history. In art it is who owned what when and where. It is the same thing for anything. I think sometimes it might be like that game telephone where messages get distorted in the retelling. You will know if you like something but where it really came from and or developed well that is a whole nother story. I know what I got because I tend not to get new strain after new strain. I stick to my expertise. Although I have some cannatonic going for an experiment, I deal with the genetics I developed to my taste. Thats why I like em. If someone else shares my tastes then they may like it too. If they do not then there are many other fine strains available so now you can find what you prefer rather than the ol' Pig in a poke random method where getting anything at all was a big deal.

I am almost positive I have 2 different Lemon Cake phenotypes.

I got 2 separate clones from 2 very reliable and respectable people.

They don't look the same......now maybe one of them isn't Lemon Cake at all. I don't know.....

Mr. D., has only one of them gotten out? Can you be sure of this?

I asked you in the email, but you didn't address that question.

Archived