Plant Issues

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}

she started showing light color/ pale about 10-14 days ago...i probably should have reacted then

last night i see the brown necrosis setting in.

looks like N def to me. but maybe signs of many other def as well.

could it be root bound?

i did not transplant her b4 switching to flower

the sea esta mini is also showing signs of a deficiancy on the leaves but because its a week younger, and was very premature when i put her under flower its not showing as bad?

this is typical of my problem with my plants.

every cycle so far....about the 1/2 way point....this keeps happening, so far i would say this is the most mild case, and it happened the latest in cycle, but still its happened.

thats why i suspect root bound issue.

i have changed soil, nutes, water source, air temp, and plant location.

ph has stayed to near 6 but i havent checked it in the past week or better..i will water tonight and check runoff...

maybe they just need 5 gallon instead...

frustrated

sad

and worried...

but i also know they will still harvest...i just want to take care of my patients.

oh

notice the blue color? in the buds away from HPS light and when i used flash? i don't know what strain this is, but i am suspecting a blueberry derivative.

i have many named strains now, but that dosent help me....they are vegging, and i would know what to do differant even if they were ready for flower. wheres this knowledge come from? i spotted the deficency 2 weeks ago...i need to learn to trust myself...and react, but i am scared to make any adjustments.

i use R/O water

i water every other day or so as needed. when the lights come on.

i add 1tsp cal mag in a gallon

1 tsp liquid karma

1 tsp earth juice microblast

so my schedule is to water, skip, CAL MAG 1/2 gal, skip, water, skip, LQ 1/2 gal, skip, water, skip, EArth juice 1/2 gal, skip, water, skip, repeat back to beginning.

i am just trying to pick your brain my friends...

tn_gallery_8052_599_106888.jpg

37 pictures in new album located here

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/gallery/album/8052/599-sick-plant-picture/

through my experience compost teas resolve and balance the medium, and the intake of the plant. the microbial activity can slow when their food supply diminishes or the PH causes the lockout. necrosis is a medium/root issue, related to intake. I like a diverse tea in a 5 gallon bucket I add: 3 cups worm castings, 1/8 cup bat guano grow, 1/8 cup bloom, 1/4 cup fish emulsion, 1/8 cup liquid seaweed, 2 Tbs. brewers yeast, 3 tbs. Oregonism, 1/4 cup Raw cane sugar, 3 TBS Humic Acid, 2 TBS Fulvic Acid. Adding different brands of fish or seaweed increases the variety of bio growth stimulants and vitamins available when the fungi starts to grow. Add a aquarium air pump hooked to a couple air stones, so you can drop it to the bottom of the bucket and oxygenate the tea. I wrap a seed starter mat to the side of the bucket like a coat, and tape in place(This allows me to control the temp from outide the bucket). After 24 hours it is a bacteria rich solution, which is what happens before the fungi starts to grow, and is food for mychorizzah and other beneficials. 48-72 hrs. a foam grows atop the tea showing the transition to a fungi. This is what eats stuff and breaks it down, 100% soluble and instantly available. Spray on foliage at a rate of 1 part tea, 1 part water, do this for a couple days and almost any plant regaurdless of disease/infection will show recovery. :thumbsu: keep the NPK low as far as the guanos go, they supply more beneficial micros than anything.

thank you amber tr

i am going to mix a tea up this afternoon for use tomorrow.

i just went in and checked and i am very surprised to find the floor temp (i moved the thermometer last night and laid it on the floor) is 55 degrees

i turned the supplemental heater up so hopefully that will help.

the Sativa is sitting on a piece of 1/2 foam to insulate her from the floor, but thats way to cold for sleeping.....

did i kill the benificials in the soil by chillin them? can that in itself cause the necrosis? especially if it's been that way all week? it dropped in temp outside and i should have checked it sooner, but i tend to avoid the flower room during lights out time. and i missed it.

Temp can definatly effect microbial activity. if your media had too much nutes or too hot with bacteria it could have stagnated. It effects plant growth dramatically. If you balance the environment(Media) bacteria/fungi populations, the growth will resume. I would also possibly check your water. Sometimes there is something in there that can inhibit growth after prolonged exposure. I have gone through a similar situation and found that filtering your water can be a large benefit, I use a small boy filter. I bought the KDF85 high perf. carbon filter and decided to run 2 carbon filters instead of 1 and a sediment filter, I use the coco carbon first then run it into the KDF85. The KDF85 removes a build up of nutes, minerals or toxins. My water tasted great before i used the filter, but tastes awesome now..My growth has balanced out completly. Bad water can cause problems hard to diagnose, as the problems slowly get worse eventually slowing growth, or not transitioning correctly into flower. If it seems like a mystery it might be in your H2O. Hope this helps out. Google compost teas and the info will be there.... Also there is a close symbiosis between growing mushrooms and the secrets to fertility and the first rung of the process of rearranging the carbon atom :thumbsu: STUDY,STUDY,STUDY......

thanks amber..

i feel like i read so much...i read and re-read so i can learn..but theres so much to understand.

i have realized a few key factors in my review of the past years photo journals

i bought R/O filter 6 in august because i thought that was the issue then.

it's like eliminate/upgrade 1 thing at a time.

so i realized that i haven't been transplanting them before i move them from the veg room to the flower room.

they get transplanted into the 3 gallon containers at around 20-30 days old from plastic party cups. they typically take 20-30 days from clip (clone) in rockwool cubes to being rooted and into cups.

then they are spending 30-45 days vegging and then i move them to the flower room for... well depends but you know 8 weeks.

SO

duhh

i should probably be transplanting them one more time a few days or so before i move them into flower right? maybe into 5 gallon pails

oh and i have a tea formula from the same guy i got this organic soil formula from...so they should match...

Whenever I see necrosis, to me that indicates poor nutrient uptake. The first thing I do in this case is run enough water through the medium to get runoff. I then put the runoff into a clear water glass. If the water appears to be something like urine in color, then you have a salt buildup in the soil and it's time for a total flush of the medium. What I do is as follows...for each gal of medium I put three gals. of water thru the medium. For a 3 gal container, that is approx. 9 gallons of unadulterated water. You run water through the medium until such a time as the run off appears to be clear. Hope you find this helpful...Peace...j.b.

Sorry I can't help. I've only learned to grow in water.

I think I flush more than needed, to be on the safe side. I heard this isn't the best idea though.

I'll keep an extra tote of water and just rotate plants into it for a day and then back in with the rest.

I know this doesn't help you though.... :D

Whenever I see necrosis, to me that indicates poor nutrient uptake. The first thing I do in this case is run enough water through the medium to get runoff. I then put the runoff into a clear water glass. If the water appears to be something like urine in color, then you have a salt buildup in the soil and it's time for a total flush of the medium. What I do is as follows...for each gal of medium I put three gals. of water thru the medium. For a 3 gal container, that is approx. 9 gallons of unadulterated water. You run water through the medium until such a time as the run off appears to be clear. Hope you find this helpful...Peace...j.b.

very helpful JB

thank you.

i did water her yesterday and the runoff does look like a dirty urine color.

i am surprised a little because i have been using just simple micro additives and counting on the soil to provide all the macro from organic mix...

i am meeting with a friend tomorrow and i may switch soils again anyways i am out of this one and i need more and he uses one that he swears by.

and come to find out the organic formula i am using now has flaws and has caused a few issues for my other friend LOL thanks for telling me before recommending it LOL no worries.

it just so happens i have 10 or so gallons of clean water in my rotation so i could flush her tonight..

thats really good advice. thank you. it defiantly won't hurt...unless of course shes completely deficient because i haven't added anything and that would leach out the last of the energy.

just when i thought i had it figured out **Smile**

a new learning opportunity presented itself.:rolleyes:

Your watering 3g pots this often? You also keep your plants in party cups for almost a month?

"so my schedule is to water, skip, CAL MAG 1/2 gal, skip, water, skip, LQ 1/2 gal, skip, water, skip, EArth juice 1/2 gal, skip, water, skip, repeat back to beginning"

Seems like way too much watering to me...

Your watering 3g pots this often? You also keep your plants in party cups for almost a month?

"so my schedule is to water, skip, CAL MAG 1/2 gal, skip, water, skip, LQ 1/2 gal, skip, water, skip, EArth juice 1/2 gal, skip, water, skip, repeat back to beginning"

Seems like way too much watering to me...

thanks for the help...

well i only actually water every 2-3 days...when they droop just slightly..also i rotate and feel the pots daily, so if they feel light - i water or add whatever the micro rotation is.

and yep..3 weeks or better pretty consistanly now...

first week they just kinda do nothing as the roots expand i suppose? then around 10 days they start to show new growth....then about 7-10 days later they have maxed out and need the bigger pots...give or take a few days..

m gonna say i wanna agree oda...

N got low, and i missed the signs...

whats the best way do you all think to perk her up again? a tea?

should i flush her tonight, then give her a tea in a few days when she drains?

will N shortage cause buildup?

man i have been at this for almost a year now...you would think i would know LOL

Archived