Schuette Putting Our Tax Dollars To Work Already

This is an email I received as a result of my pre-election contacts with his campaign.

What is next?

Marching on a dispensary?

Defending Life

Dear Friends,

The Michigan flag stands across from my desk in the Attorney General’s office, where it serves as a daily reminder of the citizens I serve. Inscribed boldly across the state shield is the Latin word, “Tuebor,” which means “I will defend.”

As we mark the 38th anniversary of the landmark Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion in America, that pledge to defend carries an even greater meaning. What could be more important to defend than the most basic right of all, the Right to Life? This is the right from which all others flow.

As Attorney General for the great State of Michigan, it is my sworn duty to uphold the Constitution and defend the people of our state. This includes the frail, the elderly and innocent unborn children and their families. My commitment to the protection of innocent human life will never waver.

Since the Supreme Court handed down its decision in Roe v Wade 38 years ago, more than 52 million children have lost their lives. Just as many mothers and fathers have been affected by the tragedy of abortion.

And yet there is cause for hope. According to statistics from the Michigan Department of Community Health, abortions in Michigan are down 14% to the lowest number since reporting began in 1979. Advances in 4-D ultrasound technology are illustrating the humanity of the unborn child. Younger generations are more pro-life than ever.

In the coming days, many of you will gather for vigils, rallies, prayer services and other special events to honor and celebrate the sanctity of life. Thank you.

My wife Cynthia and I and our children appreciate your steadfast commitment.

Best Regards,

Bill Schuette

Attorney General

Archived