Browse The Web Anonymously Tor Bundle

trix

This is being posted due to how many people have asked "How do I hide my IP address", seems this is a question ALOT of people have all over the place.

The link provided below is a simple way to do just that hide your IP and browse the internet while you are hidden behind a false Identity, also its so simple that its just a one click no moving stuff around and not understanding wth is going on!

its portable as well place the bundle on a USB flash drive and be anonymous where ever you go.

no joke its so easy once you d/l the file it will open up mozilla firefox and you will be anonymous, also will clear all cookies and any trace you were ever there!!!!

also I've included a key scrambler link, the key scrambler makes it so your pc wont be keylogged, what that does it every time you type a letter it will imprint a fake keystroke so that no one can access what u have typed in a forum,credit card#, soc.sec. info it will scramble all the words up and numbers!!

Hope this helps everyone.

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

http://download.cnet.com/KeyScrambler-Personal/3000-2144_4-10571274.html?tag=mncol;1

Trix

well then this should be a great thing for you then, its the whole Tor bundle packaged up in one browser, so there is no configuration to do.

Although the browser will say DENIED sometimes, that's due to the IP changing just hit the refresh button and it should fix the error that shows up!!

The browser will say you are connected to the Tor network!! and will show the IP that you are using....

Hope this helps, Well I know this bundle will help so have fun!!

Trix

for a little more background on hiding a ip non computer savey people can read this and the other links off the page . Main problem is this works best for just sending simple messages not day to day work and play the Tor network can't handle video or high bandwith stuff fast . .Good idea to put it on a flash drive and use it for sensitive basic personal data transmission or correspondance .

I like the keystroke program except for the bar that shows up but not enough to buy the premium for $45 per computer . It installs and uninstalls ok no apparent downside to trying it . should be a good thing and the basic version is free . thanks .

http://compnetworkin...deipaddress.htm

for a little more background on hiding a ip non computer savey people can read this and the other links off the page . Main problem is this works best for just sending simple messages not day to day work and play the Tor network can't handle video or high bandwith stuff fast

Thank you for pointing that out,

This is true your pc will drag a bit when using the Tor Bundle,what I mean is say you aren't not the person on the computer at once say someone is downstairs playing a video game...while your upstairs using the forum, They will see the effect of you using Tor, as well as yourself.

Thats one good thing about the Bundle if you install the option that says "bundle" they claim that the program poplio that they include in the install will help fix this a little bit but you will still see the side effects of Tor in general. Its for you to decided if your privacy is worth the lag..

Basicaly you would use this program when just doing personal activity's that ANYONE in the public can access easily; paying bills, browsing forums etc..

Trix

im under the belief if they can make something like this. than L.E has something to unscramble it!

Kinda like the fuzz buster days, cops get better radar and they come out with a better fuzzbuster,,the same company made both!

If your doing something you need to hide online, than maybe you shouldnt be doing it online!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Tor is a great Firefox addon, but since it's being discussed I will note one downfall of everyone using the same proxy list (which everyone would have the "tor" list available) as everyone else: collateral damage.

IF many of you are using the same list it becomes very hard to tell whoes who. So if theres a problem account we ban all it's ips and any account that's used the same ips. There is no time put into trying to tell who used what. So if you use the same proxy as a offensive member, most likely you'll get banned in the process. Lets say to get one person you sweep 10. We'll in comparison to the 1000 they are making waves for, 10 is a good trade off... It's an acceptable loss from a webmasters point of view.

If you need proxies here, and thats fine if you do, learn how to hunt down your own IP's to use. Keep your methods close to the vest so others aren't using the same.

Best

My daughter just sent me this

http://www.whatismyip.com/faq/how-to-change-your-ip-address.asp

How do I change my IP Address?

There are MANY methods to change your IP address. Some methods will work for you but may not work for someone else and vice versa. We're going to cover how to change your IP address in Windows 2000, XP, 2003, and Vista using command prompt.

What if I have a static IP address?

If your IP is static, then you CAN’T change it without contacting your ISP. Although not impossible, it is very rare that an ISP would assign you a static IP without some sort of increased level of service like a business account. However, an ISP can set a lengthy lease time for your IP address and make it look like you've assigned a static IP. If you have a long lease time (explained in this article) on your IP then you may not be able to change your IP address without leaving your modem or router unplugged for a long period of time (more than 8 hours), or without cloning your MAC address, which I’ll explain later in this article.

It definitely helps if you know how the IP is being assigned to you.

You can read our DHCP definition to get a better understanding.

What is an IP address lease time?

An IP lease time is the amount of time your ISP determines you’ll be assigned a particular IP. Some IP lease times could be just a couple of hours, where some are set to a few days, and other IP lease times could be set for as long as a year or more. This setting is completely up to your ISP.

One of the easier methods to change your IP address is to turn off your modem/router/computer overnight. Then turn it back on the following morning. This method WILL NOT work if your ISP has a long lease time set for your IP.

The following method will ONLY work if your computer is being assigned your external IP and not a router.

How to determine if your computer is being assigned the external IP

If your connection is direct to your computer and your computer gets the public IP and not a router, you can try this:

For Windows 2000, XP, and 2003

1. Click Start

2. Click Run

3. Type in cmd and hit ok (this opens a Command Prompt)

4. Type ipconfig /release and hit enter

5. Click Start, Control Panel, and open Network Connections

6. Find and Right click on the active Local Area Connection and choose Properties

7. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

8. Click on Use the following IP address

9. Enter a false IP like 123.123.123.123

10. Press Tab and the Subnet Mask section will populate with default numbers

11. Hit OK twice

12. Right click the active Local Area Connection again and choose Properties

13. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

14. Choose Obtain an IP address automatically

15. Hit OK twice

16. Go to What Is My IP to see if you have a new IP address

For Vista (Windows 7 is very similar)

1. Click Start

2. Click All Programs expand the Accessories menu

3. In the Accessories menu, Right Click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

4. Type ipconfig /release and hit enter

5. Click Start, Control Panel, and open Network and Sharing Center. Depending on your view, you may have to click Network and Internet before you see the Network and Sharing Center icon

6. From the Tasks menu on the left, choose Manage Network Connections

7. Find and Right click on the active Local Area Connection and choose Properties (If you’re hit with a UAC prompt, choose Continue)

8. Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

9. Click on Use the following IP address

10. Enter a false IP like 123.123.123.123

11. Press Tab and the Subnet Mask section will populate with default numbers

12. Hit OK twice

13. Right click the active Local Area Connection again and choose Properties

14. Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

15. Choose Obtain an IP address automatically

16. Hit OK twice

17. Go to What Is My IP to see if you have a new IP address

Some people have inquired about manually assigning their IP address. This IS possible, but you run a very high risk of your ISP banning you from connecting to the internet. To manually change your IP, follow the steps above for your Operating System. In step 9 or 10, depending on your O/S, enter an IP similar to the one displayed in the command prompt window. For example, if the IP displayed in the command prompt window is 75.1.2.3, change yours to 75.1.2.4. You’ll also need to manually enter the Subnet, Gateway and DNS Server IP addresses. If the new IP you give your computer doesn’t work, chances are someone else on the ISP network has already been assigned that IP. You’ll need to move on to the next one and keep trying until you find an open one. Keep in mind that some ISPs match up your MAC or modem data to the address that’s been assigned. If those 2 things don’t match up, you won’t be able to connect no matter what. If your router gets the IP and not your computer, you’ll need to http in to your routers interface and manually assign the IP there. It’s pretty much the same method as assigning the IP to your computer. The method that varies is in how you reach your routers interface. You can get the instructions from your manufacturer’s website.

MAC Cloning. What is a MAC address? A MAC address is a physical hardware address assigned to each device that has the capability of connecting to a network. The internet is nothing more than a large network. The MAC address is something that is assigned in the chip on the device and is not something the user can change. MAC cloning can only be done at your router providing it has those capabilities. Most ISPs assign their IPs based on the MAC address in your equipment. If the MAC address of your router is 00-11-22-33-44-55 and you connect to your ISP, the DHCP server records your MAC and assigns an IP. If you disconnect from the ISP, you lose your IP address. The next time you connect, the DHCP server sees your MAC, looks to see if it has assigned an IP address to you before. If it has and the lease time has not expired, it will most likely give you the same IP address you had before disconnecting and will not change your IP.

Why clone a MAC address?

Getting a new MAC address most likely equals a new IP. How to clone your MAC and if your router has this feature is dependent on the router itself. You’ll need to find the instructions on the manufacturer’s website. We offer a Quick Reference List on our Router Support page.

:goodjob: Thank you, Edward you as I have seen that this is a important topic to many people out there.... I being the OP was just aiming for the general pop. that was seeking a simple way. you have provided a step by step instruction... for a different path, and to most would be a impossible task, by providing a manual should be easy as cake!! thank you again... im sure many will benefit from your post..

Most people aren't trying to hide from LEO, just trying to be safe while on the inet., this can protect you in many ways I trust this forum so I'm not concerned about posting here but in general, family using your pc can be dangerous... clicking links, paying bills,(adult sites),etc..... this is just a way to provide a little extra security and safety, I don't know the exact statistics but I do believe that identity theft is ranked up there with one of the most common crimes and most dangerous to the public it happens everyday, and can ruin your life for years and years... sorry my intentions are not to scare anyone... just to show that it happens. the internet is used by almost everyone in the world and not everyone is as honest as you and I....

hope you all have a safe happy time posting and browsing.

Trix

Help! I want to build a virtual machine, does anyone use tor vm, it's said there's a lot to it, need one thing first, then something else next, I can do it if the instructions are clear, like, do THIS FIRST, step 1, step 2, etc. Am looking up info, clear instructions, was hoping to do it by 8pm tonight but I doubt I'll make the deadline, if not I still wanna do it, taking a break for awhile, don't wanna do it in a rush anyway, started looking for it about 4 or 5 hours ago, wanna make sure I have all the info, the right program and components.

Sb

Guest Medicinal Patient

Thanks for starting this thread Trix. I too have used tor. I recommend it. Sb, I will look into the vm so get at me and I can maybe help you step by step after the show, tomorrow, or whenever you want to give it another go.

Thanks for starting this thread Trix. I too have used tor. I recommend it. Sb, I will look into the vm so get at me and I can maybe help you step by step after the show, tomorrow, or whenever you want to give it another go.

Hi I will be glad for your help. Thanks!

Sb

Help! I want to build a virtual machine, does anyone use tor vm, it's said there's a lot to it, need one thing first, then something else next, I can do it if the instructions are clear, like, do THIS FIRST, step 1, step 2, etc. Am looking up info, clear instructions, was hoping to do it by 8pm tonight but I doubt I'll make the deadline, if not I still wanna do it, taking a break for awhile, don't wanna do it in a rush anyway, started looking for it about 4 or 5 hours ago, wanna make sure I have all the info, the right program and components.

Sb

Hey Sb,

My pc took a poop while putting windows 7 on it, so I'm currently using a older/slower pc at the moment... but I will be glad to help you with a guide to using Tor VM.

Do you know what operating system you are using? Xp, Vista, 2000, Windows 7?

I also have some great software I can share with you, I'm in the middle of updating my computer now so might as well share the wealth with everyone, while I have the stuff in front of me ..

Anywho....When I have some free time I will try to setup a manual for you !!!

Trix

Archived