Move To Michigan To Become A Caregiver?

bob boberson

First let me say I'm not a teenager looking to get rich quick.

I'm an adult past 30 and have been growing for a good 10 years.

I paid my growing dues long ago, and now focus on high quality, good genetics.

My setup has to remain small because of where I live and the man.

I have been growing automatics for several months now with real good results.

I want to start experimenting with leds also.

My reasons for moving are more to expand my setup and grow better quality stuff.

The money is secondary but important to because I have to live, and pay for the grow.

I'm wondering more about finding places to rent, getting hasseled or thrown in jail.

I've been reading up on it and I quaify as a caregiver.

I am originaly from the area and moved away long ago to get a better job.

Now I'm wondering if it would be viable to move back because of my growing skills.

I want to expand without to much worry of getting busted or the law being voted out.

So I guess my question is, can it be done without to much trouble, is it time?

What do you smart people think about it?

First let me say I'm not a teenager looking to get rich quick.

I'm an adult past 30 and have been growing for a good 10 years.

I paid my growing dues long ago, and now focus on high quality, good genetics.

My setup has to remain small because of where I live and the man.

I have been growing automatics for several months now with real good results.

I want to start experimenting with leds also.

My reasons for moving are more to expand my setup and grow better quality stuff.

The money is secondary but important to because I have to live, and pay for the grow.

I'm wondering more about finding places to rent, getting hasseled or thrown in jail.

I've been reading up on it and I quaify as a caregiver.

I am originaly from the area and moved away long ago to get a better job.

Now I'm wondering if it would be viable to move back because of my growing skills.

I want to expand without to much worry of getting busted or the law being voted out.

So I guess my question is, can it be done without to much trouble, is it time?

What do you smart people think about it?

A patient has to designate you to be their caregiver.

Good luck

A patient has to designate you to be their caregiver.

Good luck

Thanks.

Yes I know, that part I can take care of, and can supply as promised.

Seems to be the biggest complaint I've read so far, caregivers not coming through.

When I started it was the same thing, people thinking it was easy then finding out it wasn't.

Its no big money maker. and there are no other jobs in the state to speak of, i would seriously reconsider coming here just for that reason.

thanks.

That's one of the things that's stopping me, where I am is supposedly one of the best places for jobs according to the media anyways.

You can get a job here, but they're low paying and long hours, the good jobs are gone.

I'm somewhat of an artist so I really want more time to do that, but that doesn't make any money yet.

I don't need much but can you make say $1500 a month?

Can you find five patients that have $300 to spend each month? $3600 a year?

The program is about compassion not money. You may be lucky. You may not.

Best of luck all the same.

I'm just trying to figure out if I could pay the bills, not get rich.

I find it way easier to help others when my basic needs are meet and I'm not needing help myself.

Here I could, but I have to worry about the man, and like was mentioned above the prices aren't dropping.

There is no money in it. Michigan is a mosquito-infested hellhole. In fact you might as well just drop off the edge of the Earth. "There be Dragons..."

I say go for it. I'm sure it will work out for you. ;)

Lol!

I grew up on the Michigan/Ohio border, spent summers as a kid at Walled Lake Mich., so it's more like moving back home.

Moved here to get a decent job, long ago.

The thought of expanding and profecting my grow without the all the worry is what is alluing to me.

Just trying to figure out if it's time or not.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Lol!

I grew up on the Michigan/Ohio border, spent summers as a kid at Walled Lake Mich., so it's more like moving back home.

Moved here to get a decent job, long ago.

The thought of expanding and profecting my grow without the all the worry is what is alluing to me.

Just trying to figure out if it's time or not.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Bob-Bob obviously Michigan is not in the greatest place economically and it would require a leap of faith to make it happen here. If you have experience providing medicinal quality goodness along with decent intentions, then what would stop you from being able to cover modest living expenses? Everyone is looking forward to stress-reduction from full legal protection as a medicinal patient, myself included. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Bob get a p.o box in mich when you find your patients and stay where your at lol! makes sense eh!

You will make more money dealing in the black ohio and mich market than you will being commpasionate!

I would have to say alot of our mm pt's are on disability and cant afford weed at street prices, let alone the dispenses or true good growers underground!

The way a c.g here makes money will most likely put them in jail eventualy! they have patients and they sell to underground or dispenses, that is how they can give pts good prices if not free meds! my meds are free from my c.g, I dont need any more than what our deal calls for, (shhhh dont tell him that) but I know for fact that he does extra caricular activety's and I dont care!

but you arent going to find many pt's like me! see I dont care what c.g does with my socalled 12 plants, other than give me 4 of them every 60 to 90 days, the rest are for him to worry about!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Oh yea i forgot to ask ya what do you give (pay) your pt's for possesing their 12 plants?

It's a bad time to come here. Many people are leaving to find work, and many patients can barely afford to survive.

I do not think it's wise to be dealing on the side, though I understand the need to, but it isn't worth the risk. Proceed at your own risk. If you have overages, give them to a CC or a poor patient. I know it costs thousands of dollars to set up and maintain growing facilities, but I also know this is an act of Compassion.

Our community is under a lot of scrutiny right now, and everyone who operates even a little outside the law will be held up as an example that reflects very badly on us all. Right now our law may be in danger, we can't afford to cause any more damage. It's bad enough that those who follow the law to the letter are being traumatized by the system, though the law has built in protections and privacy written into it.

Sincerely, Sb

It's a bad time to come here. Many people are leaving to find work, and many patients can barely afford to survive.

I do not think it's wise to be dealing on the side, though I understand the need to, but it isn't worth the risk. Proceed at your own risk. If you have overages, give them to a CC or a poor patient. I know it costs thousands of dollars to set up and maintain growing facilities, but I also know this is an act of Compassion.

Our community is under a lot of scrutiny right now, and everyone who operates even a little outside the law will be held up as an example that reflects very badly on us all. Right now our law may be in danger, we can't afford to cause any more damage. It's bad enough that those who follow the law to the letter are being traumatized by the system, though the law has built in protections and privacy written into it.

Sincerely, Sb

+1000 reps!

Another option to generate income would be to supply a dispensary. Mt. Pleasant was found to be legal. Also, there are a number of patient to patient markets through out Michigan. More risk involved, but it is the only way to make a living. Depending on your field of work, jobs are few and far between. Our job market is very unbalance right now. Michigan employers can not fill IT and engineering position while we have nearly a 23% real unemployment rate.

Bob B...I know where you are coming from. I just got into the cg business. The one way to make it int he MMJ....keep on mind I'm a newbie... I supply a dispensery at whole sale prices, therefore I transfer this cost savings to my PT's. They seem to be happy with FREE. However, this site is very informative. Most people here have been in the business for years, and they pretty much have walked everything through (the do's and don't(s)). what ever decision you make, good luck to you! I'm sure you can make it happen.

Trikey

You wont make that kind of money with autos no weight and medicore quality

Automatic flowering is new, and that was the gerneral concensus when they first came out, now they are taking off quickly

Because they are grown different, growers were treating them like regular plants and getting only mediocure results.

autoflowering is actually way easier to grow, there is no veg time, there is no 12/12, start them out under florecents at 24 hours light and when they are big enough to handle it put them under HID I run the HID at 20/4 and really only shut off for the 4 to give my small grow room time to cool. I'm pulling 1/4 to 1/2 pound per plant in 8 weeks, not 8 weeks flowering, 8 weeks start to finish. and that's with under 1000 watts of light.

I've been using the lowryder #1 and Lowryder #2 when I started, this was the best, and still is. Automatics have taken off:

autoflowering seeds

Tight nugs and the quality is as good or better then anything out here, I'm starting with the best quailty genetics.

The next new thing is LED lighting, everybody's been poo-pooing that to, but they are starting to get that dialed in.

Imagine a light that uses 1/8 of the electricity and produces very little heat, but they don't work the same as HID lighting

You have to work with it awhile to get it right.

Thanks to everyone for your replys!

Everyone's opinion has been valuable and helpful.

Taking over with LEDs and autos, lol.

Good luck with that.

But I do hope things work out for the best for you if you decide to make the move.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I don't blame you for being skeptical, I was, and I still am on the LEDS.

I started way back about ten years ago, learned most of what I know on a site called overgrow.com

Back then the big deal was short flowering time, 8 weeks flowering with tight nugs was the best going on.

That crazy guy was president and cali was the only place that was kind of legal, looked like that might change to.

Well time marches on, things change, and here we are.

When I started working with autos, I was still growing regular, if the autos didn't work as well or better then regulars I would have stopped.

Now all I grow is autos, I had just enough room and light to produce seeds, because autos can't be cloned well yet.

Now to start playing with led lighting, I would have to keep my hid going to, I've been growing long enough to know drastic changes like that are just recipes for disaster. So I'm at a point where I can't expand anymore.

I have to do something if I want to continue, and my main motivation is really the fun of the research and getting it right.

Well I am going to go out on a limb and tell you your dreaming if you think auto flowers are in the same league as hybrid or indicas or sativas.I have grown several autos and have done several seed runs.These genetics are fun to play with but are not on par to good indica or sativas or a cross of these two with out the rudelias.To get more weight put directly under your 1000 and let them go.They can handle any amount of light you can give.A statement such as needing florscense to start seeds shows you are not quite as knowledgeable as you would hope for,any seed can take all the light you can give it as long as you dont, let dry out and move the heat,and this needs to be done wether seedlings or full size plants .If you think you can bring some autos to a farmers market or a dispensary and get top dollar you are way off.I dont believe you have any idea the quality of meds coming out of some of these med grows if you think you can compete with an auto LMAO. IF you are set on this move dont put all your money and resources into autos because they are easy and good.If you do your going to lose your donkey.I think you ought to get your card get to michigan and see what is going on WITH MMJ before you jump in.Maybe move here and visit some places and figure out what you are competeing with.I can assure you showing up with your best auto and comparing it to top quality mmj is like showing up to the cannabis cup with brick weed.I suggest you become your own grower and when you get yourself supplied and can give out samples you will find patients.I have never had any difficulty getting rid of top shelf meds they sell themselves.Wake up and smell the autos some smell very nice but are in a whole other league

Yes, time marches on and things change.

Seedlings in rapidrooters dry out real quick under the hid lighting, they go under the florecents till they get put in the net pots and the bubbler, I like to wait till I get some roots before I switch them to the HID lighting, I try not to stress them out to much, makes for higher yeilds.

Besides I never said I wanted top dollar, enough to live on is what I'm after.

If I can produce good quality at low prices I'm all for it, automatics done right mean higher yeilds, not per plant, but in the same amount of time, the quality is there and it's getting better everyday.

Not to argue with you but unless you have been to amsterdam or to a few dispensaries I dont believe you have any idea what is going on in this community or the quality of the products available.I have been to both.I have been to Amsterdam it was many years ago and a good dispensary here will put anything I saw there to shame as far as the variety.You might think you know but until you have your card and can mingle with other card holders around and get into some clubs and dispensaries you dont know.I am telling you and others will tell you that the autos dont compare.Tell me what these great autos are and what genetics you made your seeds from and what is there back ground so I can try them.Some where back in the line I am sure low ryder is there.Dont get me wrong I like autos.I will put two hits of my appollo 13 up against two hits of your best auto with any un biaased panel picked from here.I will also put up my northern lights or jack the ripper.I have been growing for 35 years and there is much I have to learn about growing, but one thing I am sure of is if it is a true auto meaning with rudeaias in it it will not compare to the best genetics available with in this community.Maybe that is what you like Great.I havent seen any autos I would buy by the gram.I will say there are a lot of grams I will not buy just to pricey.Can your autos bring 25 a gram 30 a gram.Myself I have not seen any autos at any of the cc or dispensaries.Why?Because the quality is not there

Hey you sound like you know, I'm asking so I know, but Like I said I'm happy with 1500 a month.

If I get 15 a gram or the magic number of 420 an oz is achived I can live with that, and it will get better, it is now.

Here's the genetics I used:

http://www.lowryder.co.uk/en/

Archived