Greenthumb Seeds G13 Grow Journal

porcupine

Hi everybody,

The girls are above the soil line now so it's time to start the grow journal.

They were germinated using the wet paper towel method after a six hour soak in water.

gallery_6229_120_13382.jpg

I then planted them in Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil Mix in 6" square plastic pots and waited for them to start to reach for the light.

gallery_6229_120_488928.jpg

gallery_6229_120_599941.jpg

gallery_6229_120_191054.jpg

gallery_6229_120_388745.jpg

gallery_6229_120_507965.jpg

The babies are currently under a Sunleave's Pulsar Mini 400 watt digital reflector/ballast, fitted with a Sunmaster Cool Deluxe metal halide bulb, just waiting for the veg phase.

I will post pictures and any info as the little ones develop. I have no plans on fertilizing for a month or so, as Fox Farms soils can be slightly hot. They may get a shot of Botanicare's Liquid Karma, but that would be it.

See you soon!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are in fox farms??? is that happy frog or ocean forest or another mix??

im gonna kill you with questions on this one bud.... i apologize in advance :)

You can ask anytime you want, no apologies needed.

It is Ocean Forest (It's in the original post!).

I'm medicated right now too so don't worry about it. I think I went over my original post 150 times just checking for who knows what before I hit the post button!!! LOL!

Any idea when this is going to be released? I am looking to make an order but would like to do it all at once. I will be watching this one closely I believe I have had the real deal years ago and it looked very much like that and nothing like the normal g13 you see everywhere.

We did our homework on this; it looks like the original G13 because it is the original G13 and it doesn't look like the other so-called G13s because they are not pure G13s

Seeds are available now but G13 is not for everyone.

I know its ugly but I wanted people to see the whole live plant and had to block out part of the room for security reasons.It's not perfect but gives some idea how massive the buds are on real G13

sm-1.jpg

As I said G13 is not for everyone. We paid a ton of money to get her and a years work to get it right. We have plenty of other lower priced seeds for the average guy or girl and med-users but the truth is you can double your indoor yield with G13 and croppers and clone sellers are going to make a lot of dough from this plant...more than us. We'll drop the price or increase the number of seeds once we've recouped our developement costs.

Here is another shot of the colas. i apologize for the poor quality.

g13litcolassm2.jpg

May I recommend that the Previous Unfounded Disrespectful Accusations be Removed from this Grow Journal by a Moderator or Administrator ?

Those Unfounded Accusations are Offencive towards the Journal Originator as well as Dr Green-Thumb Inferring Possible Compensation ( If Any ) for posting One's Personal Findings with any said seed strain or variety . It is Irrelevant if by chance Dr. Green-Thumb donated seed for this or Any other journal , That is His Choice & I feel Dr. Green-Thumb deserves compensation for the Cost & Time put into the Development of his seed strains . He's Not the Only Show in Town so if someones not interested in his products than they can & should shop elsewhere , Not Question Publicly his Integrity and Chastise him for trying to make a living pursuing his Passions . His pricing structure is for Him to decide . He must be doing something rite to keep the doors open all those years in Today's Economic Times . Bear in Mind , A Porsche May Not be Priced the Same as a KIA , But at the End of the Day they Both provide Transportation .

Porcupine , Keep Up the Good Work & Good Luck ,,,

P.S. - This Is Not a Paid Testimonial by or for Dr. Green-Thumb's

Grow a little thicker skin. These arent personal accusations.They are questions I have.I am not the only one with these questions.Maybe the only one with balls enough to ask so bluntly.Sorry if I am a skeptic of 100 dollar a piece seeds.I am not being disrespectful by asking question of someone I have no relationship with who is trying to sell a product on line.When these seeds are gifted with the expectation that the reciever is going to do a public grow journal this is PAYMENT wether you call it that or not.The doc pretty much told me to send pic of my work to see if am experienced enough to do a grow for him.Dont take it personally it isnt personal.It is about my money and how I choose to spend it.If you take any of this personally you shouldnt be on the internet putting yourself out there.When an indivaul starts as many post as porcupine has for one company, anyone wno is thrifty and wants to get the most for there money(sorry no commercial interprize is giving me seeds) ask the tough questions. Ps this is not a paid endorsement for any seed company.Dubliner is your 200 in the mail for your 2 seeds.I know mine isnt Sorry if any are offended

JDMuskie , I Do have thick skin .

Yes you do have a rite to question high prices . But I think in a Separate Thread started by You as long as it's within the sites guidelines . The Disrespectful part I question is coming into another's thread or Journal typing in CAPITOL letters your frustrations . I would see that as Disrespect if someone did that in a post that you initiated as well as Anyone Else's posts .

Yes the Doc did ask you to send him some pictures of your grows only after I recall You suggested he send you some free seeds for doing a grow journal . Good Idea and Good Luck on that one .

No I don't have my $200 in the mail for seeds as I feel I am not experienced enough yet growing to chance everything going astray . Someday soon I hope to feel comfortable enough to invest in a few G-13 seeds and give them a try . You must admit they do sound Incredible .

JDMuskie , I'm not trying to start a pissing match . All I ask is to Consider being a bit more respectful what & where ya post potential negativity that No One deserves . I would Also ask the same on yer behalf ,,,

Well in any of my post you probaly shouldnt look at caps.I cant type and in the time I have spent typing in this post I could of trimmeed a half pound.Sorry Im done.Do you not agree if a person gets free seeds to do a public grow journal this constitutes payment.Does this grower have any fiduciary duty, only if you want more free stuff.

Thanks JDM for taking the time to explain the Capitol letters in yer previous post , You must be a quick trimmer . All I'm trying to do is create a Bit-O-Harmony on the site .

Now on to yer question of Possible Compensation of free seeds to do a Research Grow & post findings as well as pictures along the way . All I can say pertaining that is .

If it Were Me doing a said Research Grow Journal with a Finished Smoke Report and if In Fact the seeds to do said grow were Donated/Given for that grow I meself would Disclose that information in my 1st posting of that said journal Thanking that Said Seed Donor for the Opportunity and Seeds to Enable me to provide an Educational Review of said seed strain and or seed distributor . Let me ask you a quick question . Is Doc Green-Thumbs the only seed seller on this site that is Guilty of your Exorbitant Pricing Policy allegations ?

I Do agree with your statement that the Grower/Author of any grow journal has a Fiduciary Responsibility to be as Accurate as possible in reporting their findings be they good or bad . I feel that is owed to the Community and is only good smart business Especially with a Favorable Grow report outcome of said seed Distributor .

I feel with the efforts put forth by Porcupine I Hope that he is compensated with a free beans for his diligent toils . I have No Reason to believe that Porcupine is Favorable or Owing and anything else but Completely Honest with his reports if in fact the seeds were donated . That is no matter of mine ,,,

Grow a little thicker skin. These arent personal accusations.They are questions I have.I am not the only one with these questions.Maybe the only one with balls enough to ask so bluntly.Sorry if I am a skeptic of 100 dollar a piece seeds.I am not being disrespectful by asking question of someone I have no relationship with who is trying to sell a product on line.When these seeds are gifted with the expectation that the reciever is going to do a public grow journal this is PAYMENT wether you call it that or not.The doc pretty much told me to send pic of my work to see if am experienced enough to do a grow for him.Dont take it personally it isnt personal.It is about my money and how I choose to spend it.If you take any of this personally you shouldnt be on the internet putting yourself out there.When an indivaul starts as many post as porcupine has for one company, anyone wno is thrifty and wants to get the most for there money(sorry no commercial interprize is giving me seeds) ask the tough questions. Ps this is not a paid endorsement for any seed company.Dubliner is your 200 in the mail for your 2 seeds.I know mine isnt Sorry if any are offended

Take a fricking hike dude. You PM me asking for clones of this, are you nuts DAVE. If you had handled yourself with a little dignity in MY GROW JOURNAL, I may have given you a clone of something else of Doc's work to try out, your HUGE loss!!! You have no idea what was done to make this a reality, the risks, and costs, and years of work involved on Doc's part. If you have comments on this strain then please use the Greenthumb G13 discussion thread, NOT MY GROW JOURNAL YOU @#&^&$# IDIOT!!!

You are also clueless, as the only journals I have done have been paid for by myself, except for the Sour 13, and now the G13, so go get a clue (and if you think it costs me nothing to grow out, and spend my time sharing what I have done, then you are truly clueless). I happen to like Greenthumb Seeds as was stated in some of my first posts ever, as I have NEVER had an issue with any aspects of his business. If you go back and look, I tried to start a DJ Short discussion, which would have been followed by journals if enough interest was taken, but it wasn't.

I am in no way affiliated with, or advertising for Greenthumb Seeds. I live in Michigan DAVE, as many people here know. I also have strains grown from seed from other breeders, as others here can attest to, only none of them have ever been above and beyond what I purchased from Doc. A few have come close and possibly been equal in end product, but VERY FEW. So you tell me DAVE what you expect me to journal, crap that I have no clue about, or companies I have no faith in. If you notice my content is actual grow journals happening at a real persons home, with proof in the pictures. What more do you want? Oh yeah free G13. Take a hike!

Do you not agree if a person gets free seeds to do a public grow journal this constitutes payment.Does this grower have any fiduciary duty, only if you want more free stuff.

Where do you get off with that statement? Are you saying that since I test for doc that as long as he sends me free seeds I'm going to say good things? Payment? Huh? WRONG.

Sounds like your a little pissed that someone didn't give you what you wanted.....

Please keep your negativity OUT of other people's threads, especially grow journals. Some people....sheesh....

I dont want anything free.I have more seeds than I will ever grow.I am always looking for something better.Do I think your un biased.I dont know and dont care as it appears you have a conflict of interest.I WOULD NEVER pay 200 for 2 beans.Of course THESE SEEDS WERE FREE AS YOU HAVE THEM POPPED BEFORE THEY WERE RELEASED.i GAVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONVERT ME. AND YOU WANT TO BE A PRI CK CAUSE i QUESTION YOU.This isnt personal it is questioning an innternet post For all I know those are dr green thumb photos.wHAT i SEE IS YOU AND THE FINE COMPASSIONATE DR AFFRAID TO GIVE THESE SEEDS OR CLONES OUT SO THAT WE CAN SEE AN UNBIASSED REPORT.iF THEY ARE SO WORTH 100 DOLLARS APIECE THEN YOU WOULD WANT ME SPREADING THE GOOD WORD.i DONT BELIEVE YOU WOULD HAVE GIVEN ME ANYTHING NO MATTER HOW I APPROACHED YOU.I SEE LOTS OF TALK OF SPREADING GENES AND HELPING OTHER WITH MEDS ON THIS SITE OUT OF COMPASSION BUT IN ALL REALLITY MOST ONLY TYPE THESE THINGS AND IT DOESNT HAPPEN AS MUCH AS IT SHOULD.i HAVE OFFERED TO GIVE SEEDS AWAY ON HERE AND HAVE GIVEN SEEDS CLONES AND STARTED FEMALE PLANTS TO PEOPLE IN NEED AT COMPASSION CLUBS.I had been considering getting some of dr green thumb genetics then the price increase slowed me down.MMMA PEOPLE let support michigan.There are lots of seed breeders out there and very few are chargeing 100 a seed Fu ck that.I believe your fiduciary duty is to yourself putting out journals to aquire free seeds and this is not unbiased period.WHY DO YOU POST THESE JOURNALS.In 34 years of growing I have never taken a picture except the first year after high school and really dont need the ego boost or what ever you get by pushig an over priced product.anyway you post this you were compensated to do the 100 a dollar a piece seeds.Thank you compassionate one

Get out of MY JOURNAL dude. I am not pushing any product. The reason I post these journals was answered already in my last post you idiot. There are enough people here I have freely given clones and seeds to, so your reflections have no meaning in this place. I get no ego boost, only hard work, and a lot personal money spent, of which you would realize in your supposed 34 year growing history. If there is a picture of Doc's posted, credit is given EVERY TIME.

If you don't want to pay Doc's prices, then don't. No one is asking you to.

Sit down, shut up, and see if this is something you would be interested in. If not, take a hike and look elsewhere, period!