Greenthumb Seeds G13 Grow Journal

porcupine

Very good read Porc!

As Sativa Mike mentioned I did not get any of the Grape flavor in either of my plants but some of the other flavors you describe fit mine exactly. It couldnt be a flushing issue on mine because I flush the crap out of them all the way through the grow and it doesnt taste like chemicals at all. Who knows?????????

Anyway, i agree, it is an exceptional plant and i will be keeping it for a long time.

I am very satisfied as it at least doubled or tripled in yeild any plant i have grown before.

My grow was totally organic so maybe that had something to do with it, but I doubt it. I didn't use ANY after market flavor enhancers either, just un-sulphered molasses and Roots Organic Trinity that I got some sample bottles of courtesy of Growco (thank you very much) which is just molasses, aguauve , and another sugar which I forget off the top of my head. Great stuff!!! I'm not positive on how 1337 handled his girl but he's getting distinctive grape profile also off of the clone. Several members here and patients were able to sample some of mine and all pretty much had the same impression: grapes in overdrive. I was talking to a very good friend of mine and we have a hypothesis that somehow a dormant or recessive gene was brought out by the S1 process, but then again who knows. If that was true though, the chances of both plants having a distinct grape terpene profile would probably be pretty darn low, but I did receive one of the first shipments, so algorithmically I would guess it's possible that the two out of who knows how many others like it went to me. Although I'm sure that what was sent was just randomly picked out of the whole seed batch and not anything different or specially handpicked. Yours came at almost the same time so they would have been no different.

This was a journal and not a test as Geenthumb seeds does all their own testing in-house before anything is ever released to the public. She was undeniably the G13 style of plant that Double D possesses and grows and that others are growing out now from seed. I'm not making assumptions or trying light a fire again as that's all been worked out to my knowledge, but structurally it is pretty much identical regardless of wherever Doc sourced his cut. The proof is in the pictures. I do know, as it's in the public domain if you scour it hard enough, that Neville possesses the same G13 clone that Doc has as Neville reacquired it around the same time. I don't know about DD's end product but I've never heard grape mentioned anywhere. Who knows, maybe I hit the lottery with her somehow. Time will tell as all the other journal results start coming in. I have a third one being grown out by a friend but haven't inquired lately on it's progress and will find out if it has a more of a light fruity and less grape profile. I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear anything on that plant. It was identical in vegetative structure to my others when I gave the plant to him so we'll see.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Porcupine! As usual.

I will make but one comment. I have NEVER met a Cannabis strain that didn't taste great when properly cured and dried. There were a lot of people saying that for it to be true G13 she had to taste like cardboard or some such nonsense; that suposedly had been the way G13 was "said" to taste back in the 1980's. I'm not even sure they flushed plants back then ( I myself cannot remember when I started to flush plants) and perhaps that's where the taste difference was, if there was a taste difference. As I said numerous times, were I not 100% satisfied this plant was indeed real and genuine G13 we would never have called it G13 in the first place.

I will make but one comment. I have NEVER met a Cannabis strain that didn't taste great when properly cured and dried. There were a lot of people saying that for it to be true G13 she had to taste like cardboard or some such nonsense; that suposedly had been the way G13 was "said" to taste back in the 1980's. I'm not even sure they flushed plants back then ( I myself cannot remember when I started to flush plants) and perhaps that's where the taste difference was, if there was a taste difference. As I said numerous times, were I not 100% satisfied this plant was indeed real and genuine G13 we would never have called it G13 in the first place.

Just to be clear, although my g13 tasted different then Porc's, it still tastes very good and i like it alot.

It seems that the more subtle flavors of MJ are lost on alot of people. If it doesnt have a strong skunk taste or something like that, some people dont even think its good MJ.

Just to be clear, although my g13 tasted different then Porc's, it still tastes very good and i like it alot.

It seems that the more subtle flavors of MJ are lost on alot of people. If it doesnt have a strong skunk taste or something like that, some people dont even think its good MJ.

Exactly!!! Kind of what we talked about last night. I have friends that taste and smell something totally different than the way I perceive them. Even Bubba Kush can have different flavor and odor profiles depending on the flush, the cure, method ingested. Also people who smoke tobacco or have quit smoking recently tend to have a lesser overall sensory palate. I didn't get my palate fully back for several years until after I quitting smoking. Believe me, I'll never lose it again. I haven't touched a butt in over eight years after smoking for decades and never will.

I loved this plant as well....

I had the pleasure of trying the keeper pheno of Porcs G13....and it was everything that has been said and more. I particularly have trouble sleeping....and the G13 made sleeping no issue for me.

I was expecting the typical bland G13 taste....boy was I shocked. The grape flavor was pretty remarkable from this strain that isn't noted to have a grape flavor at all....and is supposed to be lacking flavor.

Great strain!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everybody does it different but I'm surprized no one mentioned a lemon/garlic scent when cut, followed by a lemony/mild peppery"kushy" scent that it's seeming to cure into. I only grew out one plant though and not cured enough to truely evaluate taste yet, not noticing any grape. But the early taste is far from cardboard!!! It has a taste that your mind will instantly associate with good weed.

Hap

• 2 weeks later...

Im sorry if i missed it but how much did they stretch in total do u think ? If you did it again would you flip them taller then 20 inches ? I grow the same style as u, more large colas yield more and it helps keep the height down..Thank you Uncle Ben for the education.. Infact Ima go hit the bong right now in his name !!!

Peace, LM

• 1 year later...

Whats the thc level on the g13? I remember back in the day i think it was rated at 27? Whats docs rated at?

not sure i believe the 27% number...they always inflate things. I would guess low 20's.

I will be testing my strains now and hope to have better info on a lot of strains.

• 2 months later...