Greenthumb Seeds G13 Grow Journal

porcupine

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plants look very healthy. u did ur cut almost same timing as my current grow only I cut down above 2nd node & u cut above looks like 4th...& u expect 4 colas from that, interesting. I hope u have ur lights up really high, lol, because those are going to be MONSTERS. I waited too long to flower in adjacent to my light height. I also started flowering at heights 24' to 30' respectively & now I am literally having the plants laying on their sides in their pots, lol. how many days r u expecting to flower this strain?

plants look very healthy. u did ur cut almost same timing as my current grow only I cut down above 2nd node & u cut above looks like 4th...& u expect 4 colas from that, interesting. I hope u have ur lights up really high, lol, because those are going to be MONSTERS. I waited too long to flower in adjacent to my light height. I also started flowering at heights 24' to 30' respectively & now I am literally having the plants laying on their sides in their pots, lol. how many days r u expecting to flower this strain?

Monsters are what I'm looking for! This strain won't more than double in stretch (especially with the light intensity I plan on using). The plants you are looking at are only six inches tall maximum, and were topped just above the seventh true node. They have plenty of time to veg yet as short and stout as they actually are. I am hoping to get a 25 square foot space filled with both of them, and if more space is needed which I expect will be the case, I will prune one to fit a corner (or however I have to). Flowering at 30" should result in a SOLID 4.5'- 5' plant. They should finish flowering in 65 days or less.

Remember, this is just a plan at this point and things happen, so I may have to deviate from it at some point. I've done a lot of research, and gotten some great advice from people who have a lot of experience with Double D's cut. We'll see how it goes, and then go from there. If I have to adjust the plan I will.

Thanks for your input!

Monsters are what I'm looking for! This strain won't more than double in stretch (especially with the light intensity I plan on using). The plants you are looking at are only six inches tall maximum, and were topped just above the seventh true node. They have plenty of time to veg yet as short and stout as they actually are. I am hoping to get a 25 square foot space filled with both of them, and if more space is needed which I expect will be the case, I will prune one to fit a corner (or however I have to). Flowering at 30" should result in a SOLID 4.5'- 5' plant. They should finish flowering in 65 days or less.

Remember, this is just a plan at this point and things happen, so I may have to deviate from it at some point. I've done a lot of research, and gotten some great advice from people who have a lot of experience with Double D's cut. We'll see how it goes, and then go from there. If I have to adjust the plan I will.

Thanks for your input!

Yeh, my flower time is about 63-67 days. Where can I see "Double D's cut", would like to give that a look. Well here's to cheers for those monsters then! :)

Yeh, my flower time is about 63-67 days. Where can I see "Double D's cut", would like to give that a look. Well here's to cheers for those monsters then! :)

Try searching him out on ThcFarmer. Most of his threads are something to aspire to. He is probably one of the best growers on the planet.

These are some really vigorous girls! I re-topped them a few days after the first topping hoping to get the four cola plants I envisioned, as they were starting to their show adult asymmetrical growth pattern. The first set of laterals below the topping grew so quickly trying to become the apical meristem I had to quickly top those, so it looks like I am ending up with eight cola's plus a couple lateral stems below.

The low humidity issue was taken care of and didn't cause much damage. There was a little leather-leaf damage from transpiring so quickly, and I cut out most of the few small affected areas. You can see the damage most on #2 but it hasn't caused any slowed growth.

I checked their root systems tonight and they were really well developed, reaching the sides and bottom of the container but were nowhere near root-bound. I decided to transplant them into five gallon Smart Pots filled with Roots Organic Natural & Organic Potting Soil, which was amended with some extra dolimitic lime (1.5 cups per .75 cu ft of soil mix) as the roots were developed so nicely. I wanted to give the Roots Organic mix a try as it is co-co based instead of peat based, with the regular amendments, but in lesser volume than the Fox Farm's mixes I usually use, so it isn't as hot.

They were watered with a mix of Liquid Karma at 1 TBS per gallon after transplanting.

I moved them to the room they are going to be flowered in, and they are now sharing their own brand new 1000 watt Hyrdrofarm Phantom digital ballast that is dimmed to 750 watts, with a new air cooled Sunleave's Sun Spot 6 reflector, fitted with a brand new 1000 watt Hortilux HPS EN bulb. They are going to veg there until they reach the height I want and will then flower them. CO2 will be raised to 1500 PPM's in a week or so, or as soon as they have recovered from their transplant and have started vegging again.

Here are a couple pictures just before the transplant. I'll post a few more pictures in a couple days when they are recovered from any transplant stress that could possibly occur:

#1:

gallery_6229_120_318516.jpg

gallery_6229_120_287772.jpg

#2:

gallery_6229_120_305215.jpg

gallery_6229_120_22596.jpg

Hi porcupine, just caught up on the thread and joined the forum, good lookin seeds mate! I've never had as good results with seeds as I do clones, but I happened to ge my hands on some G13 clones aand have been vegging them for about 2 weeks under an LEDand was wondering when you were going to flower your ladies? I'm afraid to flower them too short, but at the same time I've read they'll get extremely bushy first, so I don't want them to get insane for my lighting...

Hi porcupine, just caught up on the thread and joined the forum, good lookin seeds mate! I've never had as good results with seeds as I do clones, but I happened to ge my hands on some G13 clones aand have been vegging them for about 2 weeks under an LEDand was wondering when you were going to flower your ladies? I'm afraid to flower them too short, but at the same time I've read they'll get extremely bushy first, so I don't want them to get insane for my lighting...

I am going to switch them over at exactly 24". They shouldn't stretch more than twice their size in flowering. I measured them last night and they are exactly 12" tall. If they continue bushing the way they are, I may just give them each their own 1000 watt HID instead of the one they are currently sharing. Hopefully another week and and a half or so and they will be ready to switch over to the flowering cycle. I want to make sure they get a good flush before initiating flowering so I'll be monitoring their height pretty close.

I'll get pictures updated tonight or tomorrow evening.

Hey everyone, I just joined because I need my G13 journal info. My bro just bought some and I have his seeds too. We grow weed folks, and we want to read about this G13, the posts about other stuff are not interesting, just time wasting. But I'm here for the grow non the less, and I love the Docs weed, grew plenty of it and will grow more. Rock awn!

Hey everyone, I just joined because I need my G13 journal info. My bro just bought some and I have his seeds too. We grow weed folks, and we want to read about this G13, the posts about other stuff are not interesting, just time wasting. But I'm here for the grow non the less, and I love the Docs weed, grew plenty of it and will grow more. Rock awn!

Hey Downwood,

Welcome to the site, glad to have you here.

To everyone else...i know Downwood from another site and he/she? is a straight up person and grower and good addition to this site..

Welcome!:thumbsu:

I am going to switch them over at exactly 24". They shouldn't stretch more than twice their size in flowering.

If one intended to eventually flower 3 of these wonderous G-13's in 5 gallon pots...(under 600 watt HPS with six 42W CFL side lights)...how big would you recommend vegging them? I have the space...but the available lighting is my concern. I know I won't see the 1 pound per plant...but will consider it a highly succesful venture to get 1 pound total out of 3 plants...seeds may be pricey but I have high confidence that this is going to be a very productive grow...

Peace,

The Happy Wanderer

Sorry folks, it's been a busy and eventful week.

The girls are about 20 inches high now and even wider. I can't even reach around their diameter and touch fingers. I plan on flipping to the flowering cycle on April first.

As you can see in the pictures the two girls will eventually fill a 5' x 5' tent by themselves if they only double in size during their stretch. These are some healthy girls that are incredibly lush and dense. There are a ton of tops buried in the foliage that are not visible yet.

They both are under their own 1000 watt HPS at this point.

Here are a few pictures just taken a couple hours ago:

Both:

gallery_6229_120_2760624.jpg

#1:

gallery_6229_120_2859721.jpg

gallery_6229_120_1624776.jpg

gallery_6229_120_2467981.jpg

#2:

gallery_6229_120_1452496.jpg

gallery_6229_120_2102521.jpg

gallery_6229_120_2666906.jpg