Greenthumb Seeds G13 Grow Journal

porcupine

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

This is what happens when I stop paying attention...cant beleve I missed all the fun. It seems to me there has been a concerted effort on marijuana forums to discredit Greenthumb growers.

In the last two weeks after months and months of silence I hear this same stuff on other web sites over and over about greenthumb growers. Can all this be a coinsidence? I dont think so...I'd love to know which seed bank Johndeer is working for because something just doesnt add up about this.

The proof of the grow is in the pictures, it doesnt matter what I say about how good a strain grows if you can see the picture that tells you otherwise. Unless we fake the pics I dont see what the fuss is about, and I'm sure I could take a picture that proves its my own grow.

I dont know about everyone else but the only"advertisement" that holds any weight to me is a grow journal where you can see the results...seed companies that pay for a banner at the top of a web page dont attract me to them, because words dont mean anything in this business, results do.

Just so everybody knows....Porc has been extremly kind to me, giving me free seeds and being a friend when I needed one, so there goes the lack of compassion argument.

As for journals of free seeds, my own journals have been mostly seeds that I paid for. Columbian Skies, C-99, Millennium Bud all paid for. Sour Diesel and now Big Purps were gifted seeds from Greenthumb to show appreication for journals that I did on my own without any prompting from the Doc.Is there somthing wrong with liking a seed co and wanting to do your best?

Sorry for bringing this up again Porc...but the personal attack on you pissed me off and I just had to say something.

P.s- Welcome to Smokin Tree...glad to see you here buddy!

an outsiders perspective. i found this thread googling for info about g13 seeds, because i ordered some recently (not from greenthumb). but alas, i am a member of this forum who reads more then posts. my opinion, which will mean nothing to most, is if u wanted to perserve this as a grow journal, then the minute greenthumb advertised u should have jumped on him, like u did to the person replying to his advert. u ban the person who responded in this thread, saying he shouldnt be posting his opinion about these seeds in the thread, yet for greenthumb it was okay? It either should have been ok for both or not, imo. I agree NO seed is worth $100 if that is what they cost, & for the record I have no knowledge either way about greenthumb seeds or any other high priced seed banks. To me $150 for 10 seeds is ridiculous. The bottom line is I find it disturbing that u bubblegrower as the owner of the site, are not completely unbiased & would choose to ban anyone from any post JUST because of an opinion. I thought this site was for ALL michigan people, not just ones of choosing to post & interact? with respect bubblegrower to the work u have done with the site, i think u r a little to close to the project as they would say. freedom of speech? unless someone is outright & continually abusive & harrasive, I dont understand why u would ever ban anyone. ur site, great to have that power, but r u really serving the MI community by suppressing "any voice"? It just doesnt sit right with me & I have seen this done in other threads before, simply because an "opinion" was not the popular one of u or the "regular contributors". So is this site for everyone or not, that is my only question? I am not for the drama in this thread or others or the debates about proving this or that, or free seeds or not, BUT each individual can choose to simply IGNORE such drama. I only am commenting here (which I will do only once) because I think your ban in this case was unjust.

i have no connection to Dr. Greenthumb whatsoever. I have never purchased or knowingly grown out any of his seed (i do have a clone of Trainwreck in veg-no idea of its origins). But let's not pretend that Dr, Greenthumb is like some horrible big corporate interest. That is in NO WAY an indictment of him as a grower or breeder. Every indication i have seen has pointed to consistency of phenotype and a propensity to have female (and not prone to hermaphrodism) seeds. But the doc is not like Tony Montana or anything. I don't think the 3ma would care either if another breeder (say tricloud?) had people posting about his strains (which i have heard nothing but good about dealing with tricloud).

an outsiders perspective. i found this thread googling for info about g13 seeds, because i ordered some recently (not from greenthumb). but alas, i am a member of this forum who reads more then posts. my opinion, which will mean nothing to most, is if u wanted to perserve this as a grow journal, then the minute greenthumb advertised u should have jumped on him, like u did to the person replying to his advert. u ban the person who responded in this thread, saying he shouldnt be posting his opinion about these seeds in the thread, yet for greenthumb it was okay? It either should have been ok for both or not, imo. I agree NO seed is worth $100 if that is what they cost, & for the record I have no knowledge either way about greenthumb seeds or any other high priced seed banks. To me $150 for 10 seeds is ridiculous. The bottom line is I find it disturbing that u bubblegrower as the owner of the site, are not completely unbiased & would choose to ban anyone from any post JUST because of an opinion. I thought this site was for ALL michigan people, not just ones of choosing to post & interact? with respect bubblegrower to the work u have done with the site, i think u r a little to close to the project as they would say. freedom of speech? unless someone is outright & continually abusive & harrasive, I dont understand why u would ever ban anyone. ur site, great to have that power, but r u really serving the MI community by suppressing "any voice"? It just doesnt sit right with me & I have seen this done in other threads before, simply because an "opinion" was not the popular one of u or the "regular contributors". So is this site for everyone or not, that is my only question? I am not for the drama in this thread or others or the debates about proving this or that, or free seeds or not, BUT each individual can choose to simply IGNORE such drama. I only am commenting here (which I will do only once) because I think your ban in this case was unjust.

I cant answer for Bubblegrower but I thought JohnDeer was a bit abusive in his comments. Unlike your post which has its questions but in a non-aggressive manner, his posts were full of name calling and acusations. As I recall, he was asked a few times to stop because he had made his point but he just kept going. I dont think grow journals are the place for that ,but thats just my opinion.

I cant answer for Bubblegrower but I thought JohnDeer was a bit abusive in his comments. Unlike your post which has its questions but in a non-aggressive manner, his posts were full of name calling and acusations. As I recall, he was asked a few times to stop because he had made his point but he just kept going. I dont think grow journals are the place for that ,but thats just my opinion.

Yah, grow journals are for plant discussions.

All those words get in the way of the pictures, man. :D

got my order today. as always doc put in an extra so they are really 3 packs not 2. either way I am jazzed since I have a line up of people and a dispensary wanting to buy some clones off of me. the clones will easily pay for the order all by themselves and then some and I get mine for free.

Greenthumb never advertised anything in this journal, he made a few statements about the strain and that is it. I didn't ask for any of this crap, as there is another thread that I started just for that. Doc probably mistook this thread for the other one, as it looks like others have. Doc generally only posts if there is a direct question to him, or he needs to clarify something to a person. I think he was just overwhelmed with PM's, Emails, and calls, and that is why he posted that picture and statement in this journal and not the other thread mistakenly.

The ban was not unjust, as he was asked several times, and then told, to post in the other thread repeatedly. As was mentioned prior, he PM'd me first telling me he was sorry that he took my journal off path and said a bunch of negative things, he then he proceeded to ask me for cuts clones or seeds which was his loss, as I am under NO restrictions to not give it out. Please don't ask either at this point. I will not hoard it and will make it available in cuttings or a clone to a few people here eventually, free of cost. Common sense and a little honey work a lot better than people handling themselves in that manner. Imagine waking up to that crap, and seeing your journal that was started before you went to bed destroyed by someone like that.

I started that other thread as I knew there would be discussion both good and bad. From now on I would like to see the policy Rollitup has of not allowing posts in other peoples grow journals unless the OP says it is OK. So anyone out their please refrain from anything other than giving me advice, questions about this individual grow, and an occasional thumbs up. I would really appreciate it.

I will post pictures of the babies later tonight, and lets get this thing back on track like it was starting to. Go to the other thread PLEASE if you want to complain, conspire, or discuss civilly. Thank You.

Wow. Its crazy to see how people get nuts over seed prices.

Too bad we couldn't get a couple of posts in here about deep chunk crosses...

Looking good bro. I can't wait till these are finished..I know your gonna do some great thing with these...

Wow. Its crazy to see how people get nuts over seed prices.

Too bad we couldn't get a couple of posts in here about deep chunk crosses...

Looking good bro. I can't wait till these are finished..I know your gonna do some great thing with these...

Thanks bro,

My telephone modem is fixed so I can call you now if you still need me to, or call me, either way.

Here is a couple pictures taken tonight. They are working on their third set of true leaves. I'm still debating on how to run them yet, as short five foot trees filling one of my 5' x 5' flowering areas, or more conventionally sized. Still plenty of time to decide, I guess I'll just play it by eye and see if I can turn them into squat bushes with some extra veg time and intense lighting. We'll see how they develop.

gallery_6229_120_816514.jpg

gallery_6229_120_6942.jpg

gallery_6229_120_200394.jpg

P.S. Most all of my seedlings get a little bit of a leaf swirl and slight discoloration (lightly faded areas) no matter who's genetics I use. It is not the crinkle type swirly mutation like you typically see in DJ Shorts Blue family. They always grow out of that and normalize with each other at the third or fourth true node. I think it has something to do with the Fox Farm Ocean Forest, or occasional Happy Frog mixes I use being a little hot, possibly in combination with slightly warm temps in the veg room. I'll have to experiment in the future, as I've had this happen in cooler temperatures also (so I believe it is the Fox Farm mixes).

Here is a couple pictures taken tonight. They are working on their third set of true leaves. I'm still debating on how to run them yet, as short five foot trees filling one of my 5' x 5' flowering areas, or more conventionally sized. Still plenty of time to decide, I guess I'll just play it by eye and see if I can turn them into squat bushes with some extra veg time and intense lighting. We'll see how they develop.

gallery_6229_120_816514.jpg

gallery_6229_120_6942.jpg

gallery_6229_120_200394.jpg

P.S. Most all of my seedlings get a little bit of a leaf swirl and slight discoloration (lightly faded areas) no matter who's genetics I use. It is not the crinkle type swirly mutation like you typically see in DJ Shorts Blue family. They always grow out of that and normalize with each other at the third or fourth true node. I think it has something to do with the Fox Farm Ocean Forest, or occasional Happy Frog mixes I use being a little hot, possibly in combination with slightly warm temps in the veg room. I'll have to experiment in the future, as I've had this happen in cooler temperatures also (so I believe it is the Fox Farm mixes).

I get that same leaf crinkle and i think its the FF also. as soon as I flush them out the crinkle goes away....hmmmmm???

On the subject of greenthumb seeds let me just tell you a short story of some of the nightmares i dealt with buying from rival company's .

Highgradeseeds.com

Great genetics but poor number of males in each pack of seeds like 80% males from 5 different packs of seeds.

BC Bud depot

Paid $150 For 13 god bud fem beans 12 hermied and only one survived complained to their customer service they blamed my new status as a grower on the poor results even though i had clones thriving in my garden alongside the god bud plants.

At first i was hesitant because of greenthumb seeds prices but the results were well worth the price to me and as long as you know how to clone you have that genetic in your garden for as long as you like i chose Dr greenthumbs bubba kush for my mother and love IT its the perfect strain for my perhial nuerapathy and its the most friendliest strain Ive found to clone as well . :thumbsu:

I am a fan of greenthumb seeds for sure.

Porcupine those baby's look nice i cant Wait to see that football sized G13 cola . :goodjob:

if this double posts, my apologies

porcupine, will be following ur grow to see the "fruits of ur labor". I havent grown my g13 seeds yet (working on silver haze) but it will be interesting to guage ur grow to mine in the future. I also am a member of RIU, the best universal forum imo. I do however also like the more local feel, thus I pop in here from time to time. good vibes ur way for a successful grow!

On the subject of greenthumb seeds let me just tell you a short story of some of the nightmares i dealt with buying from rival company's .

Highgradeseeds.com

Great genetics but poor number of males in each pack of seeds like 80% males from 5 different packs of seeds.

BC Bud depot

Paid $150 For 13 god bud fem beans 12 hermied and only one survived complained to their customer service they blamed my new status as a grower on the poor results even though i had clones thriving in my garden alongside the god bud plants.

At first i was hesitant because of greenthumb seeds prices but the results were well worth the price to me and as long as you know how to clone you have that genetic in your garden for as long as you like i chose Dr greenthumbs bubba kush for my mother and love IT its the perfect strain for my perhial nuerapathy and its the most friendliest strain Ive found to clone as well . :thumbsu:

I am a fan of greenthumb seeds for sure.

Porcupine those baby's look nice i cant Wait to see that football sized G13 cola . :goodjob:

For sure! I had a REALLY bad experience with Cali Connect gear that cost me months of time, never mind the money I lost. Sure to there credit they said they'd replace the hermie seeds but I didn't want to take a chance again so said no thanks. I had a bad experience with Rez and BC Bud Depot too. I went back to greenthumb. I have never had a bad seed from them. Even the normally hermie prone Trainwreck was hermie free just like greenthumb said it was, so doc has my business for the foreseeable future and don't talk to me about his prices being too high; the highest price of all is getting bad genetics and spending months on them before you know you got junk.

I just bought 10 G13 seeds from Dr Greenthumb.

Looking forward to your grow. Not starting mine till 1st of March.

I'm tempted to buy a pack (of 2), but honestly I'm in limbo because of the price. No way I'd be able to spring for 10!

Whats this 10% discount I just read about? What if we get a bad seed, or worse, 2 bad seeds!?! I mean you get a pack of ten and even if half are bad, I'll be able to live with it. It would definitely make you sour on a company if you get 1 bad seed out of 2 (especially since you're paying top dollar). I know chances of getting 2 bad seeds aren't too great, but I'm sure it happens.

I'm tempted to buy a pack (of 2), but honestly I'm in limbo because of the price. No way I'd be able to spring for 10!

Whats this 10% discount I just read about? What if we get a bad seed, or worse, 2 bad seeds!?! I mean you get a pack of ten and even if half are bad, I'll be able to live with it. It would definitely make you sour on a company if you get 1 bad seed out of 2 (especially since you're paying top dollar). I know chances of getting 2 bad seeds aren't too great, but I'm sure it happens.

All that being said - I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to this journal. Thanks OP! bow.gif