Querkle Harvest Pics 2011

GrowGoddess

Not trying to be a dick, but If I was buying these meds I'd want them trimmed a bit better. However, those purple leaves do make it look chronic!

you are literally minutes ahead of me :)

i was gonna come in with something like:

"now that the praises have been sent......... if that was heading towards me, i wouldnt be mad, because i know how crystally those leaves can be............ otherwise i would be trimming all the purple off that plant and making hash with it............... thus delivering only buds and no leaf to my patients.........."

NOT knocking gg..... never and not at all........ some patients do not care...... some like it............ some dont............. and some would rather have a gram of hash and better trimmed flowers.

once again........... no offense......... just feel like i have to back up stopgo merely because i was honestly going to make a post sooner or later about it.

the leaf makes for pretty pics............

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno....I bet if ya clipped all those leaves off from one ounce they would way about a gram....And who knows maybe Grow Godess weighs her ounces heavy.....

I'll take the leaves on....Au naturaul !

I enjoy the extra bag appeal even it was only me lookin at it.

I dunno....I bet if ya clipped all those leaves off from one ounce they would way about a gram....And who knows maybe Grow Godess weighs her ounces heavy.....

I'll take the leaves on....Au naturaul !

I enjoy the extra bag appeal even it was only me lookin at it.

Yes, due to the pretty purple I did leave the extra leaf on the buds. Normally I wouldn't.

You are probably right, the extra leaf might weigh about a gram per oz. But if you look closely, where it shows the beams and the 4 oz jarred up, you can see the beams are set for 30 grams to make up for any unwanted leaf.

They sure were crystally though and that purple, I just couldn't cut it off! They were just too colorful, there is still purple in the bud but they are so covered with crystal it maskes the color. I really wouldn't consider it a solid purple plant, just bright and colorful.

I always weigh heavy anyway, that is just the way I am.

Thanks again everyone!

Yes, due to the pretty purple I did leave the extra leaf on the buds. Normally I wouldn't.

You are probably right, the extra leaf might weigh about a gram per oz. But if you look closely, where it shows the beams and the 4 oz jarred up, you can see the beams are set for 30 grams to make up for any unwanted leaf.

They sure were crystally though and that purple, I just couldn't cut it off! They were just too colorful, there is still purple in the bud but they are so covered with crystal it maskes the color. I really wouldn't consider it a solid purple plant, just bright and colorful.

Thanks again everyone!

great explanation!!

once again, i meant no disrespect and questioned nothing :)

great explanation!!

once again, i meant no disrespect and questioned nothing :)

No worries

I felt no disrespect from anyone. They were all legetimate queries.

In fact, I am very pleased with all of the feedback.

I plan on fine tuning my flower room to do even better in the future too. Getting accustomed to the 2) 1000W took some time. The plants demand much more nutes under the 1000 watters, but I am getting the hang of it. My old closet I used 400 watt lights, usually 2 but sometimes 3. I am still using it too.

New closet lights/fans (custom cooled)

gallery_6117_364_8324.jpg

Again, I thank you all for your feedback. It is most appreciated.

Thanks again everyone!

GG , Once Again ,

Great Grow & may I add You Truly are a Class Act . I did notice in the pic the scale set at 30-grams & wondered when I saw that if Someone would question the extra little bit-o-leaf ya left for Unique Coloration inferring that you Possibly Shorted yer Patients . Ya did Good Kiddo ,,, :goodjob:

No worries

I felt no disrespect from anyone. They were all legetimate queries.

In fact, I am very pleased with all of the feedback.

I plan on fine tuning my flower room to do even better in the future too. Getting accustomed to the 2) 1000W took some time. The plants demand much more nutes under the 1000 watters, but I am getting the hang of it. My old closet I used 400 watt lights, usually 2 but sometimes 3. I am still using it too.

New closet lights/fans (custom cooled)

gallery_6117_364_8324.jpg

Again, I thank you all for your feedback. It is most appreciated.

wow. doing work for sure. :gym: :gym: :gym:

getting the GTL in!!

smoke/medicine report and a clone would be nice :^)

lets hope F.L is as good if not better :^)

nice job growing btw!

Querkle has its own unique distinctive taste. I really wouldn't know how to describe it, but it does have a mild grape/fruity taste to it. Otherwise, it doesn't taste like any other meds I have sampled. When it was grown from seed the grape taste was more obvious.

As for the potentcy: it is very potent. It provides both body and head buzz.

Flowering time: When grown from seed the flowering time was 8 weeks. After taking clones the flowering time has changed to 9 weeks. Usually when you go from seed to clone there is a 10% - 20% difference, in my experience.

For yield: compared to my other three premium strains, Querkle puts out the highest yield. When I first grew it from seed, I underestimated it, I thought I was only going to get about half of what I did get. The buds are dense but more so they are heavy and do not shrink much during curing.

The plant naturally grows into a nice Christmas tree bush shape. It definately does well growing the plant large.

Half of my patients say Querkle is their favorite the other half like my 4-G the best.

To me they are all about the same, 4-G, Strawberry Cough Indica cut, Dr. Atomic Blueberry Jam, and Querkle. It really boils down to personal preference. For caregivers, and patients growing their own, and the Michigan law, the Querkle could potentially put out some of the highest yeilds per plant due to the shape. At least for high potentcy 8-9 week flower time plants.

I ordered my seeds from Attitude, I used 5, only 2 germinated, they looked 100% identical. When I sexed them I was shocked to see one was a male (should have kept that one).

So for me Querkle is a keeper.

you are literally minutes ahead of me :)

i was gonna come in with something like:

"now that the praises have been sent......... if that was heading towards me, i wouldnt be mad, because i know how crystally those leaves can be............ otherwise i would be trimming all the purple off that plant and making hash with it............... thus delivering only buds and no leaf to my patients.........."

NOT knocking gg..... never and not at all........ some patients do not care...... some like it............ some dont............. and some would rather have a gram of hash and better trimmed flowers.

once again........... no offense......... just feel like i have to back up stopgo merely because i was honestly going to make a post sooner or later about it.

the leaf makes for pretty pics............

I just got some that was excactly like that 2 days ago, beautiful,and my c.g left some of them leaves on also, i just trimmed it up the way i like it trimmed and put it in my brownie pile, and nope im not pissed at all, he called his somthing like purple urple?!? realy Nice meds! :thumbsu:

Peace

FTW

Jim

GG ,

How was the Branch Structure , Was in stout enough to hold the buds or did you have to add extra support . Is it similar to other strains or unique to it's own compared with others you have experienced ?

Good question.

With the original seed plant, I did have to do some tying back of the branches, but that was only due to stretching. I didn't have my full light system operating at that time. With the clones, there has been no need to tie any branches or add support. I have had three harvests now with clones, and so far I have not needed to add any type of extra support. Also, with the clones, there has not been any stretching issues either.

It is totally unique to others that I have grown. Kind of like old school tai weed, it is just different than everything else. Querkle is a hardy plant.

Querkle seems to be a very convenient plant to grow, but it does not produce those big puffy buds that other strains do.

I wanted to mention in this thread, I meant to earlier, that all of my growing is 100% organic.

nice looking meds there been thinking on starting a few of the seeds i have of them any report on how it turned out?

Thank you.

Yes, as a matter of fact, one of my patients did report back.

He and his other patient friends all said it was the best they ever had and liked it a lot. Nice unique flavor and very potent.

However, they didn't get to compare it to the Dr. Atomic Blueberry Jam. In my opinion, the Dr. A BBJ is a bit better. It is all a matter of personal preference when they are as close in potency as these two strains are.

I am hoping that my next harvest of the Querkle comes out even better. This will be my first time with the plants being full size (minimum of 6 months before harvest). Each harvest I have been dialing it in on the plant's wants and needs when it comes to light, water, and nutes. Each harvest has been coming out a bit better on potentcy, yield, and overall quality.

I will report back on this thread the outcome of the next harvest, probably around the beginning of March.

Thanks again!

• 4 months later...

I have had great luck with tga seeds most are females only 1 or 2 males out of 25 seeds so far.

Just got my querkle seed now I have to hope for a female LOL also got a Deep Purple seed both Subcool's neither were femanized not sure maybe he does not fem any. Does anyone know if he does?

I have had great luck with tga seeds most are females only 1 or 2 males out of 25 seeds so far.

I will second that I have had way more females than males on 5 sub cool strains querkle,jack the ripper ,third demension,appollo 13,cant remember the 5 ILL HAVE TO LOOK. i HAVE ALSO HAD TWINS FROM JTR AND 3D both very similar in fact scrapped appollo 13 kept 3d.

Oh Wow! Those are GORGEOUS!

I have a querkle growing right now-- in day 2 of 12/12.... I can only HOPE she gets colors like that! Did you lower the temps for them, or did it just grow with the purple?

I vegged ours for 6 weeks- but she didn't get that big... But we DID have some temperature issues (now fixed)

GREAT looking grow there hun!

Archived