Obama Second Term?

Tiptoe'n

Would you vote for a second term for Obama?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Second Term?

A republican and democrat running together, that would be interesting.

Ron Paul has started his 2012 presidency campaign. I think he has a great chance at winning the primary this year. I would have never thought we would have two out spoken people against the drug war in the republican primary. There truly is hope.

Americans don't vote with their heads.

And speaking of heads... if you could transplant Romney's head unto Ron Paul and Swartznegger's (?) head unto Kucinich they might have a chance.

Superficial? Yes... but reality is reality... in most cases anyway.

Come 2012 I think I'll see who's in the race... and then flip a coin.

'And the band played on...'

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pb,, Always liked Gov. Johnson and if he gets nominated, he'll get my vote... hands down.

Thanks for the reminder.

This is a pro mmj Republican that just might get on the ticket.

Listen to what he has to say about cannabis.

If Obama were to suddenly come out in support of cannabis as some of the republicans do, Obama will be elected to a second term.

If Obama continues to act the way he is now and the other choice is a cannabis supporting republican, Obama will not get reelected.

I know it sounds shallow. But it's true.

Two states offered the voters a choice about cannabis on the same ballot that Obama was on in 2008. At the very peek of his popularity, cannabis was more popular than Obama ever was.

In both states, MI and MA, cannabis got more votes than Obama did. Many came to vote completely for the purpose of voting for cannabis. Those that did were inclined to vote for Obama as he seemed to be the clear cannabis vote.

Since 2008, the voters of the United States have become even more accepting of cannabis.

We need these elected officials in Washington DC to change the marijuana laws on a federal level. And they need to do it NOW.

Failure to do so will cost Obama the re election.

Republican Gary Johnson:

This is at a conservative meeting. Listen to the conservative republicans respond to the idea of marijuana law reform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cuexQ4EV7o

There's something here I don't understand. When it comes to mmj or the legalization of mj, everyone here seems to be a libertarian. Everyone favors individual liberty over government control, and rightly so. But when it comes to everything else, so many here want government control. Liberalism is, by it's very nature, all about government control. Personal mandate, anyone? While the size and power of the federal government has exploded in the last decade, the power of the states and of the people has by necessity diminished. If you believe that more and more power centered in Washington DC is the answer to all our ills, then by all means vote liberal. But if you value more power in the hands of the people and of the individual states (10th Ammendment), I believe that choice is inconsistent with our desire for individual liberty. Having said that, I do find it disturbing that too many of my fellow conservatives have it wrong on mmj and the war on drugs.

If people here REALLY value individual liberty, with government out of your personal business and out of your pocket, then they should support Ron Paul and people like him. Personally, while I agree with him more than I disagree, I can't go that far yet. But if you want the man who promised to restore transparency and accountability to government, is presiding over a deficit nearly as large as the entire federal budget was in the mid and late '90's, wants to force us to buy health insurance, and said "Under my plan...electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket", well then you know who to support.

Comments?

Problem is most people can't vote on one issue alone. My life is made up of more then MMJ though the time im spending on this site might elude otherwise.

Though I have and will at times vote Republican, Sarah wouldn't be my choice. I'd vote for an independent. All the time I vote for people I know don't have a snow balls chance in he££ of winning. But I agree with them much more then other candidates. All I know is Obama has been a bullshitter from the get go, and there's no way on this Earth I'd vote for him. Didn't vote for him the first time....Won't do it in 2012.

I know everyone likes to Rep bash, but it's the person....not the party. You never hear these wienies on this forum mentioning that it was Bushes term when we got our law, or other states. You never hear these same bashers commend a Rep PA when he does the right thing (and there was a thread a wile ago I seen where people were falling all over this PA's position but neglected to say a word about his politics....Hypocritical BS from mindless sheep)

Look, if a Rep is causing a problem....Speak out. Lets vote him out. If it's a Dem..Do the same.

And you rep bashes out there don't know how many "atta-boys" I get every time I make a comment like this. I realize the majority of our movement is pretty liberal. But please don't forget you have people with conservative values right there beside you. You guys doing any bashing, Dem or Rep, are just splitting the community more. Attack the person for his actions. No more or no less....

Best

(and Im not looking to debate. I probably wont revisit this thread for weeks. Just an opinion and if you don't like it: Tough)

Garfield,

What do you think would happen if McCain and Palin would have won?

Do you think McCain would have even written that memo to the federal prosecutors suggesting that they not prosecute cases involving medical marijuana if those folks were legal in their states?

You and I both know that would never happen.

All I'm saying is this - if Obama wins the democratic nomination (and I hope that he does NOT), he'll probably get my vote again if the republican nominee is Palin, Romney, or some other typical republican establishment candidate.

Just for my sake, would you name me ONE republican in the state legislature (here in Michigan) who has come out totally in support of our law?

IF there are any, I'd be the first one to call them and thank them.

Mizerman

p.s. until there is a galvanizing third-party, I can walk in a voting booth every November and vote a straight democratic ticket and feel good about doing so because for the last several decades the democrats have been the lesser of two evils...

Are you for real?? He's made some really dumb choices on how to correct the problems in the country and I really believe he might make people who hate the white man happy because they feel it's a racial thing which is whats wrong... too much diversion from the real issues. Unfortunatley he's not qualified to HELP us. Good thing these soft boned people weren't here when you had to be a man... and deal with mans consequences, without people getting a towel out to dry your tears... of despair. Wake up!! The new generation is so naieve they will learn what history tought you in school. people are different, and no matter what, some just will never get along. :blink:

Obama is the Right Man at the Right Time and with The Right Heart and with a Strong Mind is doing Better than any other .....specially considering what he walked into.

2 wars

bushpaulson rippin off 780bil...8 years of...The fundamentals of our economy are strong!The fundamentals of our economy are strong!The fundamentals of our economy are strong! Go buy something!

Then...OH NO We gotta have 780billion, No questions Asked or It All Comin Down!

500,000 jobs lost /mnth

Every Child Left Behind

Debt as far as the your eye, your childrens eye, your grandchildrens eye...can see

infrastructure crumbling

Does anyone remember $4 gas underbush...when our economy/state needed the gouge the least

imagine the whitehouse smelt like the outhouses at the blessing of the bikes

Obama doing a Geat Job with what he left wit,,,you can tell cause they spendin big $$ to fight him. hec some payin 140 mil to get some of them gov jobs in cali

must be somethin init for them.....lol

Thank You Mr President....We counting on You. We know once you took office you became privy to data we are not. We Prayin You Do the Right Thing in the Best Interest of the Country.

God Bless You and Yours Mr President Barack Obama

In all honesty, the candidate that is closest to a 'green thinker' and that is 'pro-cannabis' will get my vote.

Republican, Democrat or otherwise.

And if no presidential candidate fits that bill, then I'll vote on 'local' politicians that I feel are going to be less restrictive on MMJ / cannabis in terms of licensing, zoning and so on.

But, I'll say it again... we can not start early enough to get ready for 2012.

In all honesty, the candidate that is closest to a 'green thinker' and that is 'pro-cannabis' will get my vote.

Republican, Democrat or otherwise.

And if no presidential candidate fits that bill, then I'll vote on 'local' politicians that I feel are going to be less restrictive on MMJ / cannabis in terms of licensing, zoning and so on.

But, I'll say it again... we can not start early enough to get ready for 2012.

me too. I am a bit of a single issue guy.

no no no no no! and im willing to take bets,,cant you see how this guy lied to everyone, change change change,,he needs to change his underware and his nasty azz wife!

Peace fire everyone in government its broke and only we can fix it!

FTW

Jim

Ehh what exactly did he lie about? As far as I know he's done most everything he said he'd do, or at least tried.

no no no no no! and im willing to take bets,,cant you see how this guy lied to everyone, change change change,,he needs to change his underware and his nasty azz wife!

Peace fire everyone in government its broke and only we can fix it!

FTW

Jim

Its ignorant hillbilly remarks like that with no factual basis that got our current MI legislature and AG Shuette elected who will eventually destroy our medical marijuana law thanks.

We need new political partys who truly represent the will of the people...

Archived