Help Drying Way To Fast

I am having problems while drying. I use a space heater to bring the temp up to 72 and the humid is droping to 30. I want to add a humidifier but im afraid of mold. Would it be ok to add one? dont want harsh quick dryed bud! What the best thing to do this time or any time of year with dry environments while slow dryin? thx

I hang dry in my basement it takes forever but it alway seem to come out good i say unless its freezing in your dry area remove the heat from the equation and please remember its better to have over dried bud then putting it in jars still wet and find moldy meds .

If it does over dry you simply place the meds in a Tupperware tub with fresh fan leaf this remoisten the bud this method has saved my arse more than once if i were you id place the bud into brown bags and in a few days if its too dry follow my above advice.

I am having problems while drying. I use a space heater to bring the temp up to 72 and the humid is droping to 30. I want to add a humidifier but im afraid of mold. Would it be ok to add one? dont want harsh quick dryed bud! What the best thing to do this time or any time of year with dry environments while slow dryin? thx

Yes you can use a humidifier, but if you do, make sure it is cool mist and keep cold water in it. I like the ones that release the invisible vapor instead of the actual mist. Make sure the room is well ventilated and that the humidifier has an auto-off option when it gets to a certain humidity...Preferably no higher than 50%. Be sure to circulate the air inside the room really well also

IMHO 30% Relative Humidity isnt all that bad for drying...I probably wouldnt even use a humidifier if it got no lower than 30%...In my experience ive found 35-45% RH and 68-70F to be the perfect conditions for drying.

Bagging the Marijuana Buds

After the marijuana buds are trimmed (and a little moist still) you would want to dry them some more in the paper bag step. The best choice would be the brown shopping bags found at a supermarkets, because they are not bleached (the stuff you don't want in your buds) This is another tricky step. Put the trimmed marijuana buds in the brown bag loosely and its best not to fill it more than 3-4 inches from the bottom. It is not necessary at this time to close the bag ( still need to prevent mildew and mold) When the buds are in the bag you would want to check every day to rotate the buds in the bag so they dry evenly. This can be achieved by shifting positions of the marijuana buds, turning them ever so often, or shaking the bag. As the buds dry they will naturally compact into the self-preserving state that is mostly desired . At this time that the buds can be more compacted together and the bag can be folded close. They should now be fully smokable, though perhaps still ! slightly moist in the middle. A big reminder that every climate differs and may take more or less time. There is nothing better than repeated, hands-on checking to prevent damage to the marijuana buds from mold and mildew.

I use a similar method with cardboard boxes and get great results even in 20% RH.

Bagging the Marijuana Buds

After the marijuana buds are trimmed (and a little moist still) you would want to dry them some more in the paper bag step. The best choice would be the brown shopping bags found at a supermarkets, because they are not bleached (the stuff you don't want in your buds) This is another tricky step. Put the trimmed marijuana buds in the brown bag loosely and its best not to fill it more than 3-4 inches from the bottom. It is not necessary at this time to close the bag ( still need to prevent mildew and mold) When the buds are in the bag you would want to check every day to rotate the buds in the bag so they dry evenly. This can be achieved by shifting positions of the marijuana buds, turning them ever so often, or shaking the bag. As the buds dry they will naturally compact into the self-preserving state that is mostly desired . At this time that the buds can be more compacted together and the bag can be folded close. They should now be fully smokable, though perhaps still ! slightly moist in the middle. A big reminder that every climate differs and may take more or less time. There is nothing better than repeated, hands-on checking to prevent damage to the marijuana buds from mold and mildew.

Archived