Mocc Winter Blues Chill Out Fest

ProPlayer420

What is a real compassion club? It has to do more than just help patients network to find meds.

The MOCC is very strong on teaching and education. One of the important things we teach is the CG and Patient relationships has to be legitimate. The club meetings and social events are the means to get to know your fellow patients and CGs, there is a lot to be learned from sitting and talking with other people, sick like you.

Sick and disabled are outcast, we are invisible to 'normal society' - since we don't work, since we are sick and slow - we are to be left behind by the fast-pace society. We are lonely, since we don't get invited or really sometimes we hurt so bad to get out. "Normal" people don't want to be around us - we are no fun. We need special consideration for diet, time of day, help getting up stairs, or can't stand.

The MOCC social event is very important to our patient's health - they need a well rounded system. They need more than just medicine, they need compassionate people to encourage and motivate sick people to continue life. We try to improve quality of living, by looking at the full range of the patient's need - and the social need is real.

If you locked up a person in a room, alone - and gave him the best medical care. He would die pretty soon despite all the medicine he got.

If you provided the same person with medical care, but added social contact, emotional support, humor even - that person will live longer.

We are concious of the public perception of "cardholder events", we know that misguided people view us as "just potheads partying". But really its patients trying to find the perfect strain - the strain that God created JUST FOR YOU. It is really about people being with each other for support, emotional, mental, and spiritual. You don't have to smoke, you don't have to partake, you can still act responsibly at a 'cardholder event' - in fact - the MOCC encourages legal, and ethical behavior in everything we do - even at a social event. We cannot do anything about the misguided public perception about these events - perhaps putting on social events is the key to educating them.

-DN

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do have to be a paitent or caregiver and yes you have to be a member of MOCC or if you belong to a bona fide compassion club we will accept their members cards also. Membership to MOCC is a 25.00 donation for the year and new members get a club T-shirt. Good question though. Thanks for asking.

I'm not a member but I would like to join.

Can I join at the event ?

And do you accept paper work with cashed check and valid

license or state ID??

I'm not a member but I would like to join.

Can I join at the event ?

And do you accept paper work with cashed check and valid

license or state ID??

Yes you can become a MOCC member day of.

We do accept paperwork, as long as you have copy of cancelled check or money order and the rest of the proper paperwork along with State ID.

Hope to see you there.

Just a quick question and I don't know the answer.

If you are having a planned event and are advertising a medication tent.

Are you gonna take the keys from someone who medicates in said tent then tries to drive away after the event?

I would just fear that some sort of recourse could come back against you just like a bar letting someone get drunk and drive.

OK or better yet I throw a party you get drunk and decide to drive I can be held liable?

I love the idea sounds great for the event but advertising a medication tent?

I think enough people who wanna medicate already know how to do it and not be so obvious about it.

Am I the only one who see this a problem?

I mean come on all L.E.O has to do is watch whoever goes into the tent and then pull them over the event does not last long enough from what I read for thc to be gone out of our system.

I don't see it as a problem, but I have been wrong before.

A hallmark of the law the people gave us is personal responsibility. While the law disallows operating under the influence, "under the influence" is just beginning to be litigated in court, and must be to assure a patient's right to internally possess while driving, since many of us never allow our active blood THC levels to drop to zero during waking hours and a patient should never be held to a recreational or nonuser's standard of under the influence.

Not saying we should make a whole bunch of test cases at once, though...

It would just be a shame to see!

I mean most everyone that said they are gonna attend are outstanding members in our mm community and I am sure L.E.O knows that.

We would take a drastic hit if they rounded up 50 of our mm patients.

Just seems like to big of a risk to take.

The event sounds great but again I don't like the advertising of medication tent

Guest knucklehead bob

I think L E O can read and understand basic English in Macomb County (MMMAct) , to my knowledge , we have yet to experience Joakland County type Tyranny .

It would just be a shame to see!

I mean most everyone that said they are gonna attend are outstanding members in our mm community and I am sure L.E.O knows that.

We would take a drastic hit if they rounded up 50 of our mm patients.

Just seems like to big of a risk to take.

The event sounds great but again I don't like the advertising of medication tent

I don't think it's the tent that worries me it's also the address listed i like all the things the MOCC does i was one of the 3 people that stared it back when it was just the Oakland County C.C and back then you would meet up some place and get the address then i think that would of worked out better IMO

I don't think it's the tent that worries me it's also the address listed i like all the things the MOCC does i was one of the 3 people that stared it back when it was just the Oakland County C.C and back then you would meet up some place and get the address then i think that would of worked out better IMO

Even better point Bob!

As far as the comments about people driving after these events - we have responsible adults here, just as they are responsible to take their pain pills, drink alcohol, drive legal - they can also be responsible with MM.

Perhaps it is the Club - does your club promote the "party atmosphere"? or do they teach you to use MM as medicine?

For the MMMP to work - the people have to respect MM as medicine - otherwise its just recreational use - and thats what the public is accusing us of.

The medication tent has two purposes - a patient can medicate to allieviate their medical conditions, its not easy for some patients to leave home and come to a social event, also a patient can try a new strain - in their effort to find what works best for them.

You can go to a wine tasting event, you can go to a microbrewery, you can get sedated at your dentist - and be expected to drive careful - none of these should be stopped, people just need to be smart. Just like waiting an hour after having a beer or glass of wine, taking more care when driving - is just common sense to do the same when using medical marijuana, or your pills....

MM patients are being held to a higher standard (hey a pun!) - we do have to be more responsible - but the government should not be responsible for you.

Just like it says on your pill bottles - Use with Caution, care around heavy machinery or driving, do not mix with other drugs or alcohol...

-DN

As far as the comments about people driving after these events - we have responsible adults here, just as they are responsible to take their pain pills, drink alcohol, drive legal - they can also be responsible with MM.

Perhaps it is the Club - does your club promote the "party atmosphere"? or do they teach you to use MM as medicine?

For the MMMP to work - the people have to respect MM as medicine - otherwise its just recreational use - and thats what the public is accusing us of.

The medication tent has two purposes - a patient can medicate to allieviate their medical conditions, its not easy for some patients to leave home and come to a social event, also a patient can try a new strain - in their effort to find what works best for them.

You can go to a wine tasting event, you can go to a microbrewery, you can get sedated at your dentist - and be expected to drive careful - none of these should be stopped, people just need to be smart. Just like waiting an hour after having a beer or glass of wine, taking more care when driving - is just common sense to do the same when using medical marijuana, or your pills....

MM patients are being held to a higher standard (hey a pun!) - we do have to be more responsible - but the government should not be responsible for you.

Just like it says on your pill bottles - Use with Caution, care around heavy machinery or driving, do not mix with other drugs or alcohol...

-DN

EXCELLENT POST! :goodjob: You said a lot of what I've been saying, too, and shared other very important information!

HAVE FUN EVERYONE, put your troubles behind you for awhile, relax, enjoy yourselves, be careful, and safe! I wanna see lots of messages about all the fun you had!

Sincerely, Sb :rolleyes:

Just a quick question and I don't know the answer.

If you are having a planned event and are advertising a medication tent.

Are you gonna take the keys from someone who medicates in said tent then tries to drive away after the event?

I would just fear that some sort of recourse could come back against you just like a bar letting someone get drunk and drive.

OK or better yet I throw a party you get drunk and decide to drive I can be held liable?

I love the idea sounds great for the event but advertising a medication tent?

I think enough people who wanna medicate already know how to do it and not be so obvious about it.

Am I the only one who see this a problem?

I mean come on all L.E.O has to do is watch whoever goes into the tent and then pull them over the event does not last long enough from what I read for thc to be gone out of our system.

I was at the last event and I can assure you....there were no stealth LEO out there in the cold verifying with a check list who went into the medication tent or not.

Sure, be safe when you leave.....

I didn't see any leo on my way out last time, but it is probably a bit niave to believe that nobody's keeping an eye out. Just don't act a fool. You all know what I mean....

-DN

:goodjob:

Be smart. If you weren't in the game before it became legal, common sense works real well too.... :D

-DN

Great post DN!! Thanks for being you.... Couldn't of said it any better.

Hope to see all who can make it. Time to get rid of the winter blues!!

Simply put we take these chances of persecution because that's what you do when you exercise your freedom against tyranny , anyone getting tangled with LEO is unfortunate, but we can't hide .We must make them enforce the law and leave us alone.Being involved with a club makes you feel you have the support you need. One can have faith if there is a problem your MOCC brothers and sisters will rally to your cause using all means necessary.Becoming involved at MOCC has been the step that leads a sense of belonging and confidence as you find peers who think like you and have common interests. Being part of a good club helps normalize MMJ. You are not alone, so come out ,come out where ever you are, there is strength in numbers and that's what we need. I for one love the way the MOCC is right out there saying "this is who we are , we aren't hurting anyone, we're people like you....come to a public meeting and see" The MOCC doesn't hide cause they aren't doing anything wrong if LEO comes , well we will assert our rights. Justice be done may the heavens fall. Full speed ahead for MOCC , come join us. Peace

Patients are NOT welcome at this event!

Do not bother wasting your time and resources on the MOCC

I skipped ALL meds today just in case LEO wanted to mess with me for driving there..

I spent $15 in gas to get there, and 30 mins each way only to be turned away at the door!!!!

You MUST give them your full name, address and some cash to get in! AKA be a member..

They advertised this PUBLICLY, guess they figure once u waste the gas to come u will pay to be a member..

The MOCC is not our friend, they just want some membership money.

Patients are NOT welcome at this event!

Do not bother wasting your time and resources on the MOCC

I skipped ALL meds today just in case LEO wanted to mess with me for driving there..

I spent $15 in gas to get there, and 30 mins each way only to be turned away at the door!!!!

You MUST give them your full name, address and some cash to get in! AKA be a member..

They advertised this PUBLICLY, guess they figure once u waste the gas to come u will pay to be a member..

The MOCC is not our friend, they just want some membership money.

Am sorry you feel this way i knew it was going to happen to some people getting turned away is no joke and it make you feel real bad i wish i could help you out inn some way

find a club that supports your needs

Archived