Mocc Winter Blues Chill Out Fest

ProPlayer420

Its a shame when people ignore the very info in this thread then try to bad mouth people. now that stoned knows the info was in this thread maybe he will man up....doubt it, but hey lets see.....

lol look at the post above yours ;)

the info is there in the middle of page 2 of the thread, yes.. not on the flyer at all which is what i saw..

it is a shame, for sure.. i was hoping to socialize and actually get to meet some of the people there before considering joining..

could be a secret KKK clan.. LOL

i know its not, but u never know unless u get to know them first! Then what? too late we already got your loot! HAHA!

it just really seems like they pushed this as a public event only to throw the membership in your face when u get there..

I will not attempt to attend anymore CC's meetings or events.. Any CC!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel I must address StonedPlanted accusations. I'm truly sorry that you didn't know that you had to be a member to get into a private event. The reason for membership is to make sure that we are indeed private and that members can be kept safe from the public. This post has been up for a little while so we could answer any questions MMMA members had regarding the event. In fact someone did ask in this thread if you had to be a member and we answered that you would need to be a member of the MOCC or a member of any other compassion club in good standing with the MMMA or MOCC which you were not.

As for memberships you only need to give the info that you are comfortable with giving as far as signing up for a membership. Its through membership that we are able to have these kind of functions for patients to enjoy. From my understanding you were the only ones who had a problem with joining and supporting a local compassion club to attend the event. We are all volunteers and not one of us receives a paycheck to be abused like this. Not from within our own who we try and help daily.

We do hold monthly public meetings in Berkley and Roseville that are open to all no membership needed. Public meetings are for education and networking purposes. No meds are to be brought or sold at PUBLIC MEETINGS. We are not the bad guys we really are here to help. Again sorry for the confusion and hope you night is better.

I feel I must address StonedPlanted accusations. I'm truly sorry that you didn't know that you had to be a member to get into a private event. The reason for membership is to make sure that we are indeed private and that members can be kept safe from the public. This post has been up for a little while so we could answer any questions MMMA members had regarding the event. In fact someone did ask in this thread if you had to be a member and we answered that you would need to be a member of the MOCC or a member of any other compassion club in good standing with the MMMA or MOCC which you were not.

As for memberships you only need to give the info that you are comfortable with giving as far as signing up for a membership. Its through membership that we are able to have these kind of functions for patients to enjoy. From my understanding you were the only ones who had a problem with joining and supporting a local compassion club to attend the event. We are all volunteers and not one of us receives a paycheck to be abused like this. Not from within our own who we try and help daily.

We do hold monthly public meetings in Berkley and Roseville that are open to all no membership needed. Public meetings are for education and networking purposes. No meds are to be brought or sold at PUBLIC MEETINGS. We are not the bad guys we really are here to help. Again sorry for the confusion and hope you night is better.

Why would I join a club that I know nothing about?

It appeared to me - and I was not the only one who was turned around - that this was basically a chance to get to know the club..

I just didn't expect vital information to be in the middle of page 2 in the thread.. and the first post in the thread only states a $10 admission.. sounds public to me.. especially the way the flyer looks!

A decision was made by the club to not let us in even though the mix-up was not our fault.. They either wanted the money or leave basically..

I was hoping for a chance to socialize and maybe get to know the club before being forced to join..

Don't get me wrong I am sure there are some good people there at MOCC.. But that was a very bad decision by the club to turn those away that were there to get to know the club..

It was more of a fight against the cause than anything and very bad PR.. There were 3 people that were not with me that were also turned away.. Just in the 5 mins I was there, so I am sure plenty more came with the same idea and ended up joining a club that they know nothing about..

This event flyer says nothing about having to be a member, and either does the one on the MOCC website.. But the president insisted it did.. She says it said on the flyer that you had to be a member.. The only way ANYONE on here could have found that info is to dig through the thread and find it on the 2nd page and not on the first page or the flyer to begin with.

Thats a pretty big thing to overlook.. Not to mention advertising the heck out of it publicly and bringing that up when people show up..

Your turn out could have been greater - the $10 admission fee was expected, but to pay $25 to socialize with people I have never met and dont even know if I will get along with is not right in my opinion..

This was either planned this way or something was seriously overlooked by those who were in charge of it.. I may have ended up joining the club, but instead I was basically pushed away.. How many other clubs are like that? Should I trust ANY of them?

Do you think I would have taken the drive if I had ANY clue it was a members only event?? How many new members did it get you as opposed to the ones that turned away? And how many people really feel comfortable joining a club where they havent met ANYONE yet?

If your answer is that it would be uncomfortable then as a COMPASSION club, you should have made us feel more welcome instead of putting us in an awkward situation..

You can disagree with that all you want, but I am right.. You had the possiblity to get some new members today but gave them a negative feeling towards your club.. I wonder how many people showed up and left.. If they say it was just me and the 3 others (which still adds up to 3 vehicles driven there) then i dont believe it.. That was very early in the day and in the 5 mins i was there 4 people had no clue it wasnt public..

Disagree all you want, but you need to change the way you operate.

I was there, everyone had a great time.

What issues did we see?

Some people showed up with expired cards. One person showed with no paperwork at all, but was still happy to sign up to be an MOCC member that day.

Oh? The Club membership thing - I don't know about you - but I travel to many clubs - they all require membership now. Trust me, try GCCC, BWCC, or even your local dispensary. The membership protects everyone - because - it requires you to agree to our rules, and agree in WRITING that you will follow the LAW and our rules.

You don't want to sign it, you don't get to play.

The $25 membership also got you a nice t-shirt, and other giveaways. And - for the whole year, you get to attend any MOCC event at discount. Yea, it is a good deal.

Can't make everyone happy, but today about 200+ people were so very happy, they made new friends, built a network, and became a part of a special community.

Til the next one...

-DN

It appeared to me - and I was not the only one who was turned around - that this was basically a chance to get to know the club..

I just didn't expect vital information to be in the middle of page 2 in the thread.. and the first post in the thread only states a $10 admission.. sounds public to me.. especially the way the flyer looks!

A decision was made by the club to not let us in even though the mix-up was not our fault.. They either wanted the money or leave basically..

I was hoping for a chance to socialize and maybe get to know the club before being forced to join..

Don't get me wrong I am sure there are some good people there at MOCC.. But that was a very bad decision by the club to turn those away that were there to get to know the club..

It was more of a fight against the cause than anything and very bad PR.. There were 3 people that were not with me that were also turned away.. Just in the 5 mins I was there, so I am sure plenty more came with the same idea and ended up joining a club that they know nothing about..

This event flyer says nothing about having to be a member, and either does the one on the MOCC website.. But the president insisted it did.. She says it said on the flyer that you had to be a member.. The only way ANYONE on here could have found that info is to dig through the thread and find it on the 2nd page and not on the first page or the flyer to begin with.

Thats a pretty big thing to overlook.. Not to mention advertising the heck out of it publicly and bringing that up when people show up..

Your turn out could have been greater - the $10 admission fee was expected, but to pay $25 to socialize with people I have never met and dont even know if I will get along with is not right in my opinion..

This was either planned this way or something was seriously overlooked by those who were in charge of it.. I may have ended up joining the club, but instead I was basically pushed away.. How many other clubs are like that? Should I trust ANY of them?

Do you think I would have taken the drive if I had ANY clue it was a members only event?? How many new members did it get you as opposed to the ones that turned away? And how many people really feel comfortable joining a club where they havent met ANYONE yet?

If your answer is that it would be uncomfortable then as a COMPASSION club, you should have made us feel more welcome instead of putting us in an awkward situation..

You can disagree with that all you want, but I am right.. You had the possiblity to get some new members today but gave them a negative feeling towards your club.. I wonder how many people showed up and left.. If they say it was just me and the 3 others (which still adds up to 3 vehicles driven there) then i dont believe it.. That was very early in the day and in the 5 mins i was there 4 people had no clue it wasnt public..

I can understand you did not want to invest in something you did not know about,but to not like our policy just needs clarification.

Members are required to follow rules of behavior. If we open our doors to the public and did not require them to follow rules or have them sign a paper agreeing to follow rules - it would not be safe for anyone. We could not make an exception for you, for the safety of the rest of our members.

you want a club with rules, you want a club that ensures the rules are followed - because you don't want to get arrested or robbed. If you can find such a place - no membership, no rules, no recourse for problems - well - you get what you paid for.

Sorry you were unhappy today, but it is a process. Check out www.thc4u.com, get to know the members in the MOCC forum, check out the event pictures. Thats free.

-DN

You are a lot like that scab i just cant help but pick....

they are not wrong. the info wasnt kept secret. you made the choice to not look into it. If driving for 30 min hurt you so bad maybe next time ull read the whole thread.

Thanks much to the MOCC team for the great event they put on yesterday.

I had a great time.

Lots of good vendors with great meds and clones.

I can't wait to check out the grow video that I got as well. :thumbsu:

I was really thinking of getting that cool hemp sock Monkey, but my daughter already has a bizillion stuffed animals. :rolleyes:

Really enjoyed the training classes, especially the tincture and pill making demo.

Looked like an awesome turn out, I'm guessing there were at least 100 attendees.

I liked that security was very proactive, keeping the scene self-patrolled leaves LEO more time to get after the murderers and rapists.

I dawdled a bit too long after parking, and was quickly advised by Great Lakes Security to move it on inside.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsu:

One question, given that it is a K of C, would it be acceptable to BYOB for these events at this type of venue?

Just wondering...

When I saw the cards out on the tables I thought it would be a great to bring my patient group to sample some different meds and play some 31. Unfortunately, most of them are the kind of guys that think if you don't have a Bud in your hand that you might as well be wearing a skirt ;)

1. K of C is a hall rental - used for both public meetings and this cardholder social event. During the public meetings - there is no use or transfer allowed. We set up a medication area for the patients that would be there for awhile only for the longer social event.

2. Glad you liked the security. The MOCC prides itself on being a safe place to be.

watch the MOCC site for future events and pictures from this event.

-DN

Archived