84 Marijuana Plants Seized From Lake Orion Home

Retta

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't say if they were MM related, I'm also a bit suspect on how they weighed that cause it said plants were in various stages of maturity?

They just stick a bunch of plants on a scale and weigh them?

" between 5 and 45 kilograms of marijuana." <---- that's a big gap

I counted about 40 or so clones and some plants in flower... hope they were legal

Trix

Two charged in seizure of 84 marijuana plants in Lake Orion

Published: Thursday, February 17, 2011

By DAVE PHILLIPS

Of The Oakland Press (a.k.a. The Oakland Nazi & Gestapo Gazette)

Two Byron residents have been arrested on drug charges in a marijuana raid at a Lake Orion home.

Damon Gregory-Dale Granger, 34, and Angela Faye Janovich, 36, are both charged with delivery or manufacture of a controlled substance, between 5 and 45 kilograms of marijuana.

The charge is a felony that could bring up to seven years in prison and/or a $500,000 fine.

Granger was arrested Friday while leaving Genesee County Jail on a work release program. He has been in jail there since Dec. 26 after being convicted of manufacture and delivery of marijuana in Genesee County.

“(Granger) was allowed to participate in the work release program where he is released every morning to go to work and return to the jail at night,” stated Lake Orion Police Chief Jerry Narsh.

“It would appear that his day job has included illegally growing marijuana.”

He was arraigned Friday before 52-3 District Judge Nancy Carniak and was released after posting a $25,000 cash bond.

A preliminary exam has been scheduled for Mach 15.

Janovich turned herself in Wednesday and was arraigned in front of 52-3 District Court Magistrate Marie Soma. She was released on a $5,000 personal bond and is scheduled to appear for a pre-exam conference Feb. 24.

Granger and Janovich were charged after 84 marijuana plants were found at a home on Central Drive in Lake Orion.

The plants were found Jan. 27 at the lakefront, single-family residence, which showed no signs of anyone living there.

Police said Gregory and Janovich leased the home from an owner who lives out of state.

Contact staff writer Dave Phillips at 248-745-4631 or dave.phillips@oakpress.com. Follow him on Twitter @dave_phillips1.

View reader comments (30) » Comment on this story

(As usual, the comments below the article at The Oakland Press are PRICELESS from the "reefer madness crowd")

Have a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat weekend!

Mizerman :devil:

p.s. those little punks read this - go have some fun with them... :thumbsu:

well they have a predetermined weight, all get the same treatment, 2-200 plants= manufacture with intent to deliver 5-45 kg. I got hit with it myself and till then I was unaware of the feds #'s. Over 200 plants regaurdless of their size is the same... People should be smart enough not to keep clones/small plantlets close to the op.... For #'s sake.

Doesn't say if they were MM related, I'm also a bit suspect on how they weighed that cause it said plants were in various stages of maturity?

They just stick a bunch of plants on a scale and weigh them?

" between 5 and 45 kilograms of marijuana." <---- that's a big gap

I counted about 40 or so clones and some plants in flower... hope they were legal

Trix

It dont even say why they suspected it was a grow house! hmmmmmm,,if they have any patient/customers, they should be able to use the a.d!

Just saying, it says nothing about mm at all, and that many plants for 2 people/c.g's is not alot, and a locked house is a Locked enclosure!

" total of 84 marijuana plants have been seized from a home that is described as a “drug manufacturing facility” by Lake Orion police.

The plants were seized Thursday afternoon when Lake Orion police and the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office discovered evidence of a possible marijuana growing operation.

Officers executed a search warrant at the home on Central Drive around 3:15 p.m. Thursday. During the search, officers seized the plants, which were in varying stages of maturity, along with equipment and materials that were being used to grow the plants.

It did not appear as though anyone was living at the home, according to police."

Dont realy say much does it?

Not even the follow up, I mean being on work release is a stretch! lol,,,Im sorry I dont think its to funny,, she got out on a personal bond, it wasnt their house! Im thinkin c.g's

Peace

FTW

Jim

p.s im sure there is much more to come!

Archived