M.a.c.c. And Cannabis Patients United More Active Than Mmma?

Guest finallyfree09

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Whom It May Concern:

Since the spring of 2010 I have gotten to know the community at the MMMA welbsite. Despite any conflicts some members may have, I believe this organization has the community's best interests at heart. The message is simple and clear- PATIENTS FIRST.

Sincerely, Sb

To Whom It May Concern:

Since the spring of 2010 I have gotten to know the community at the MMMA welbsite. Despite any conflicts some members may have, I believe this organization has the community's best interests at heart. The message is simple and clear- PATIENTS FIRST.

Sincerely, Sb

No doubt, but if we are not willing to play ball what good are we. It seems like we are becoming a union mentality and walking away from the table. We are not powerful enough to protest in silence. We are not strong enough to walk alone. We can not strike. If we cut ties with all the do not agree with us 100%, we are effectively silenced. If we are only willing to set down and talk to those that agree with us, what is the point? Do we need to evangelize the choir? Or is it the sinners that need to be saved? Rick Jones should be the first person we set down with. MACC needs to be the second. But we set in silent protest evangelizing our selves and have become mute to those with power and money.

If we do not want to play ball fine, we need a place to be together. But we should not pretend like we are playing politics. And if we are not playing politics, we should not shun and silence those that are.

Do we have any friends in the front line?

Are you saying we should just run through the door to the waiting embrace of Tim Beck and Rick Jones. My friend, do not think that they are the only act in town. You want this thing fixed right now. You want us to run in and strike a deal at any price. That's not the way successful negotiations happen. We are talking about the law here, not a dime an hour raise. There will be no quick solutions. For your part you need to be willing to do the work. That means write and call. Make plans to protest and convince others to stand with you. The Republicans will not survive the next election. They have chosen to attack the sick and not to fix the sick economy. They have chosen more government not less. They have shown the people that they do not care what they think. Two years is not much time for a politician. They have just opened a can of worms. It's up to the people to point out the error of their ways. Thanks, Bb

I am going to drop this, because I feel I am getting out of line. But there is a big difference between communication and embrace. I personal feel you are throwing the baby out with the bath water, but who am I. Thanks again for your service bb.

I do not mean to call out your post. It just happens to capture the sentiment that I am trying to address. Why is it that many assume that we need to be in Lansing negotiating anything at all? We passed the law without them and will continue to implement it without them.

I have personally avoided participation in these splinter groups because I feel that to protect patients and caregivers we need to unite behind the law passed by the people. While I believe many of the people involved with these groups have had the best interests of patients and caregivers at heart I disagree with a legislative solution to clarifying the law. I have always felt that we would be easily monetarily outpaced in Lansing by those that wish more control over medical cannabis. I still think this will get away from us if we allow it to be opened under current conditions.

While Sen. Jones indeed occupies an influential position, he does not seem to currently possess the connections or support to get this done. Allying ourselves with him or legitimizing his efforts in any way weakens us as a whole while strengthening him. This is my main problem with what these groups have done. In attempting to be sure that we are "at the table" they have given political power to a person whose first overture to our community was an attempt to re-criminalize behavior that we fought to make legal. This is the behavior of the "fair man" that Tim Beck "feel comfortable working with?"

I for one will not give a mandate for closed-door negotiation to any group. When and if the leadership and membership of the MMMA decide that negotiation is in the best interest of patients and caregivers, I have 100% trust that any compromises necessary will be battled out on this board as always. Sometimes it hurts but we always arrive at what's best for those this law was meant to protect: patients and their caregivers.

MACC and CPU will never be able to get the backing of the community as a whole because their actions and motives are insufficiently public. Non-members possess neither visibility into nor influence over its actions. This means that these groups have neither the support nor the trust of MMMA members. While MACC, CPU, Beck and Jones may feel that they do not need it, if we do our jobs correctly they will fail consistently without it.

When it comes to "negotiating the law" the MMMA alone earns my respect for being unwilling to do so.

Amen Brother!

Mizerman

You don't know how much this means to me. When I took this job, my only objective was to earn the trust of the community. I would rather die and I mean die than betray that trust. The "PATIENTS" and The "CAREGIVERS" are the system. Compassion Clubs are their support group. The MMMA is the press and the protector of these parties. I have never seen it any other way. The MMMA is the servant of the people. It is willing to endure unending turmoil, if only it can fulfill it's mission, to serve. The MMMA is fortunate to have been given the trust of the community. I am personally honored that this vision has been put into words. Today, many have rushed to my aide. I was suffering terribly today. I guess you folks could read my pain. You saved me today. I will never forget it.

Thank You everyone for all of your posts today, support and the help you gave an old sick man. The MMMA will always defend the law. That is what we do. Thanks, Bb

We love you Blueberry for everything you do for all of us...the patients!

Mizerman

Guest finallyfree09

Holy COW!!! I think I may have set a fire under the proverbial behind of the mmma by starting this post.

Well, since I started all this its my responsiblity to make some calls.

Wish me luck... I usually write!

I do not mean to call out your post. It just happens to capture the sentiment that I am trying to address. Why is it that many assume that we need to be in Lansing negotiating anything at all? We passed the law without them and will continue to implement it without them.

I have personally avoided participation in these splinter groups because I feel that to protect patients and caregivers we need to unite behind the law passed by the people. While I believe many of the people involved with these groups have had the best interests of patients and caregivers at heart I disagree with a legislative solution to clarifying the law. I have always felt that we would be easily monetarily outpaced in Lansing by those that wish more control over medical cannabis. I still think this will get away from us if we allow it to be opened under current conditions.

While Sen. Jones indeed occupies an influential position, he does not seem to currently possess the connections or support to get this done. Allying ourselves with him or legitimizing his efforts in any way weakens us as a whole while strengthening him. This is my main problem with what these groups have done. In attempting to be sure that we are "at the table" they have given political power to a person whose first overture to our community was an attempt to re-criminalize behavior that we fought to make legal. This is the behavior of the "fair man" that Tim Beck "feel comfortable working with?"

I for one will not give a mandate for closed-door negotiation to any group. When and if the leadership and membership of the MMMA decide that negotiation is in the best interest of patients and caregivers, I have 100% trust that any compromises necessary will be battled out on this board as always. Sometimes it hurts but we always arrive at what's best for those this law was meant to protect: patients and their caregivers.

MACC and CPU will never be able to get the backing of the community as a whole because their actions and motives are insufficiently public. Non-members possess neither visibility into nor influence over its actions. This means that these groups have neither the support nor the trust of MMMA members. While MACC, CPU, Beck and Jones may feel that they do not need it, if we do our jobs correctly they will fail consistently without it.

When it comes to "negotiating the law" the MMMA alone earns my respect for being unwilling to do so.

Thanks zapatosunidos and blueberry for helping me to better understand, although still not fully and you have my support. I know that for most influential people and organizations it is always about the money. It is very clear that for the MMMA it's about the compassion.

My friend, You are important and I am trying to respond to you honestly. Last week I made a post that I would work with anyone as long as they did not try to take advantage. Well here comes Tim trying to be first in line for a place at the table. Wiling to sell us out to preserve MACC dispensaries. They have stabbed us in the back on many occasions. If I let them back in the door, what would stop them from selling you out, once they make the point of having our proxy. Nothing! They would destroy everyone of us to preserve their profits. We may not agree on this point, but stick with me for a while and watch how this thing plays out. Thanks, Bb

WE ARE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMMA IS THE ONLY GROUP IT SEEMS THAT IS LOOKING OUT FOR...................PATIENTS FIRST!

MACC GET ON BOARD OR BE LEFT BEHIND

I just looked at our bank account on-line and am glad that our check to you was cashed/deposited!

Mizerman

:thumbsu:

p.s. I challenge everyone who regularly posts on these forums to cough up your $20 to the MMMA. We coughed up $40. Be on the lookout for "my better half" to start chiming in with her two cents...LOL

Edited by mizerman

Holy COW!!! I think I may have set a fire under the proverbial behind of the mmma by starting this post.

Well, since I started all this its my responsiblity to make some calls.

Wish me luck... I usually write!

Thank you for starting this thread. I'm very glad you did. :thumbsu:

Sincerely, Sb

Guest 1TokeOverLine

I just looked at our bank account on-line and am glad that our check to you was cashed/deposited!

Mizerman

:thumbsu:

p.s. I challenge everyone who regularly posts on these forums to cough up your $20 to the MMMA. We coughed up $40. Be on the lookout for "my better half" to start chiming in with her two cents...LOL

Disability income is on the 3rd as will be our monthly contribution to the cause for the patients.

Am I the only one with the opinion that our law as written and voted in by majority solidly stands for the rights of patients, and the only parties that have issues with it are private entrepeneurs, angered law enforcement fighting to keep their drug forfeiture cash cow, and prosecutors/legislatives fighting to maintain status quo?

Read our lips: We the patients and our supporters have voted it in. Get over it. Now adjust how you must handle it. It's not the law that needs attention, it's how you deal with it.

1T

I'm glad I've been rereading these threads, I got an idea that wasn't obvious till today, it's a real DUH, too, (smacks head like Homer Simpson).. The confusion about compassion clubs is because of the compassion centers. I'm gonna rewrite my letter to reflect that. I didn't make the distinction till today for some reason. It's really embarrassing when the obvious is right there for all to see and somehow it doesn't register in the old' brain. So here it goes:

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for reading my letter. I'm writing to you about the medical marijuana law and my concern about a proposal to shut down the Compassion Clubs. It has been brought to my attention there are 2 different Compassion groups, but with different functions, the Compassion Club, and the Compassion Center. In my understanding, Compassion Clubs are strictly for education and support, there is no marijuana allowed at these sites. The Compassion Centers, on the other hand, seem to be similar to a dispensary. Dispensaries are NOT mentioned in the law 63% of MI voters passed. The two may have a simolar name, but the Compassion Club model is NOT a marijuana bar, as some would have you believe. If you would talk with a Compassion Club owner, I'm sure any misconceptions and fears you have can be cleared up. Although I've never been to a club, center, or dispensary, I've read many messages from club owners and members who are there because there is no marijuana allowed. Compassion Cubs are open to the general public as a safe place for support and information. I hope this helps define the two entities clearly and help you realize the Compassion Clubs are not the threat you've been led to believe they are.

Sincerely _______

*NOTE* Is this a good one????

Sb

Someone might want to argue that law enforcement and local governments have bad motives in their desire to see the law reformed. Perhaps bad motives do play some role. However, anyone who has looked objectively into the serious problems that the mmj law creates for law enforcement and local governments cannot embrace the idea that the law is flawless and needs no reforming at all.

Kurt, so please enlighten me as to what the "serious problems" are that the mmj law creates for local governments and LEO? I fail to see any problem. It is simple. 12 plants and 2.5 ozs per card. The most serious problem is being caused by another gov agency who is not issuing cards on a timely basis. That is not a problem with the law but with gov doing their jobs. I have yet to see anyone, even LEO or the local govs articulate a valid argument as to what those problems are.

Sb, That's a great idea. Folks, we need a steering committee. It needs to be made up of folks like Sb, who are dedicated to the cause. 420Athiest has been helping around here a lot. Maybe some of our mods would like to be involved. Just throwing out some ideas folks. Thanks, Bb

Thank you my friend. I would be honored to help in any way I can.

Hello MMMA members,

I would like to comment about Daytrippers post. I can say it is about as factual as Sarah Palin claiming that Sputnik caused the collapse of the Soviet Union.

This is 100% strictly from my opinion view of what Daytripper posted. By and in no way is this a comment from CPU.

After the departure of Greg Francisco from 3MA, there was a montage of various people that stated they were representing 3MA that did not represent 3MA very well. Instead of calmly stating their views and opinions in a strictly professional manner, they came with outrage and excessive standing for their own opinions. These conversations would have been considered offensive by any common person. Noone likes to be spoken to in such a manner, so it should come as no surprise that many people no longer care to be approached by people claiming they represent 3MA. It was unfortunate, but it is something that can be reconciled by lifting up proper representatives for 3MA. I am sure yourselves, as members of 3MA, can pull yourselves together and better represent your interests in a more calm, poignant and professional manner.

Concerning all felons being banned. This is a completely WRONG view. We were notified that one of the Republican representatives was planning to introduce legislation that would ban all felons from being caregivers instead of only drug related felonies. It was introduced some 7-8 months ago and doesnt even exist anymore. This information was all over these forums and every other forum and listserv in the state related to medical cannabis, and between everyones efforts, this bill went straight to the circular file. Tim Beck OPPOSED this bill and we worked together to make sure it didnt see the light of day, which it did not.

Concerning Caregiver Code of Conduct. A discussion took place about helping to protect patients from unsavory caregivers by forming a group that would hold caregivers to a high standard. If you read the CPU brochure, you will find this horrible terrifying information that Daytripper is referring to. Please respond if you disagree with any point.

Standards of Practice

Caregivers and other affiliated businesses will make every effort to comply with the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.

Scope of Service

Caregivers may assist patients in finding the most effective strains and forms of medical marijuana products. Caregivers and other affiliated businesses will charge a fair market value for their services to their clients. Caregivers who are able may provide transportation of medical marijuana for patients, if requested. Caregivers will make every effort to provide a consistent supply of medical marijuana.

Caregiver Code of Conduct

Caregivers should develop an expertise in cultivation. Caregivers should develop trusted relationships with their patients. Care will be given to cultivation and product storage quality control. Caregivers will protect patient confidentiality and privacy.

A Code of Ethics for All

Discrimination, corruption, exploitation or extortion will not be tolerated. We agree to have honest and open communication with their patients, caregivers, clients, vendors, and other professionals. We agree to protect the integrity of the medication during cultivation and processing and transfer.

A terrifying proposal right? Time to run for the hills and barricade yourself in your basement because of those opinions on Caregiver Conduct. Oh the humanity!

But seriously, you can see that Daytrippers reaction to puke is rather absurd and he needs to re-analyze himself and actually inform himself. That was directly from the CPU brochure and i would beckon to say it is about as harmless and common sense oriented as it gets.

The CPU board had 5 patients on it. ONE whom was associated with "dispensaries". During the time this person was a member of CPU, they did nothing but bend over backwards to help promote the cause of patients in the state while acting as a CPU member. Financially, morally and tacticly this person was a true asset to the community and was simply doing the "good work" that has always needed to be done. They have since moved on to form their own organization and i wish them the best in promoting their views and not infringing on the MMMAct.

These type of outrage letters and posts as posted by daytripper and endless others that are filled with half truths, hate and attempts to aggrandize themselves, serve no purpose in promoting the welfare of patients and educating the public on the strength of the MMMAct. You will probably find more factually true statements within the pages of the National Enquirer and the Fortean Times. It is truly sad that intelligient people have to lower themselves this way when they are lacking the hard truths. You would think that people have so much REAL work to do in this movement to help protect Patients and Caregivers, that they wouldn't have the time to engage in this "Forum Outrage" which has been the Achille's Heel of this organization for a long time.

So, instead of sitting around waiting for who to act all high and mighty on, i would suggest actually calling a representative, a councilman, your local Sheriff, a prosecutor, a friend or a stranger and CALMLY and PROFESSIONALLY expressing your concerns and views as they pertain to this law. You would be amazed at how well CIVILITY works. Spreading Half Truths, propaganda and ridiculous rumours does nothing but harm the movement. They harm our cause more intensely than even the few half-truths you(daytripper) found to be disgusting.

There are real issues that need to be dealt with. We have real opponents that we have to worry about. This is just a sad representation of our community. These type of threads have and are currently being read by Sheriffs, Police, Prosecutors, Legislators and councilman across the state. They are laughing at you. Seriously. Laughing at all of our incompetence. It is downright pitiful. If you don;t pull yourselves up out of the dregs of unprofessionalism and start representing and presenting yourselves as competent, intelligient people; You may as well just give up. This is hurting our cause too much to see stuff like this floating around. I am asking people to be part of something than is better than themselves. Strive for better. Conduct yourselves better. Be the place for compassion,.... not this.

Thanks.

Malamute

This is one of your quotes above

"So, instead of sitting around waiting for who to act all high and mighty on, i would suggest actually calling a representative, a councilman, your local Sheriff, a prosecutor, a friend or a stranger and CALMLY and PROFESSIONALLY expressing your concerns and views as they pertain to this law. You would be amazed at how well CIVILITY works. Spreading Half Truths, propaganda and ridiculous rumours does nothing but harm the movement. They harm our cause more intensely than even the few half-truths you(daytripper) found to be disgusting."

I have talked to judges, prosecutors and deputy sherrifs, at least 3 time while fighting legal possession charges!

Sorry Im now going to sit down and let other people put their familys thru the hell we have been thru, and im gonna act like im not legal and watch all the idiots push the law to the limits. I have no choice i feel now but to keep registering as a pt! hell they already know now i use weed, so at least when i do have to fight in court, i will get out of it, but why do I have to fight in court for somthing im legal to do?

I truly feel bad for folks like bob and torey, and petoskey stoned,and the many others! they should not be going thru what there going thru. And I truly hope when these court cases are done. it helps the rest of us and they can get some kind of compensation for what they have needlessly been put thru!

Untill this whole mess is straghtened out, im laying low! just like i did for many many years, and never had a problem, before becoming legal, if any one thinks they are under the radar and registered with the state, think again!

Peace and good luck to all! im staying out of jail!

FTW

Jim

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for reading my letter. I'm writing to you about the medical marijuana law and my concern about a proposal to shut down the Compassion Clubs. It has been brought to my attention there are 2 different Compassion groups, but with different functions, the Compassion Club, and the Compassion Center. In my understanding, Compassion Clubs are strictly for education and support, there is no marijuana allowed at these sites. The Compassion Centers, on the other hand, seem to be similar to a dispensary. Dispensaries are NOT mentioned in the law 63% of MI voters passed. The two may have a similar name, but the Compassion Club model is NOT a marijuana bar, as some would have you believe. If you would talk with a Compassion Club owner, I'm sure any misconceptions and fears you have can be cleared up. Although I've never been to a club, center, or dispensary, I've read many messages from club owners and members who are there because there is no marijuana allowed. Compassion Cubs are open to the general public as a safe place for support and information. I hope this helps define the two entities clearly and help you realize the Compassion Clubs are not the threat you've been led to believe they are.

Sincerely _______

with spell check

very good Sb

i understand how you feel the MMMA is only as strong as it's members we have to stand up for are selfs we/the MMMA is having a Rally this spring lets all go and that may help IMO

I feel rallies are helping (a little) But we need more than that, we need some one going and telling some one about the Police being wrong..Some one to go tell some one, Hey these cops are breaking the law, We need some one to fight more than just in court on court cases,We NEED SOMEONE to take our voices and go tell some one ,one on one...or GET us HELP with making ad,s on T.V , Some one getting News Papers to report OUR side...And Honestly i do NOT believe we have any one doing this.,,,,How do we get some one doing this>?????..

How about a media blitz? Fax every local new station and radio with a statement from MMMA signed by our officers with contact info. The letters are good but if this gets to far out of control we will need the voice of the voters again. They are being lied to about what legal patients/ caregivers are currently doing. The majority of politicians don't like negative press! We have to get our side out there.

We must get our side out there in the public eye. We need them to understand we are not part of the group that is pushing the limits of the law.

I like the idea of a PR campaign. But where is that money going to come from? I've looked into PR firms and it starts at tens of thousands of dollars. Even something as simple as a bill board starts at $1000 per month. We would need to do some serious fund raising to do that.

I know how other non profit organizations do it. Yes they have fund raisers but they also employ grant writers who can get money available from foundations. I'm not sure that any foundations will have funding available for medical marijuana. To get dollars that are not directly for medical marijuana will take a real creative grant writer.

With all that said we can still do a media blitz. We must have a consistent message. We must organize. I like BBs idea of a steering committee. We should also have a publicity committee, and action committee (to organize protest), and and fund raising committee. Without these kinds of focused efforts we are doomed to fire fight and never give one area the attention it needs.

I hope it's ok to post this here, if not it can be moved, it's a letter to ASA I'm planning to write.

To: ASA 's letter entitled: 2011: Fighting Hard for Our Rights!

Hello I wrote to you before about what's going on in MI and all I got was the same email I had replied to. Sources tell me what's going on with the various groups claiming to represent the medical mj community. I'm not sure you truly represent my views, as well as many others in the

community. Our state is being ruined by dispensaries especially from outside our state. Some dispensaries here are negotiating with politicians who think the law needs changing. Dispensaries were never intended to be part of our state law. Patients and growers are concerned for their right to grow. The group that best represents patients and caregivers in my state is the MI Medical Marijuana Association- they stand for patients first. If you represent dispensaries, you do not represent me.

Sincerely

Hello all. I just spent the last 3 hrs reading thru this thread. I agree with Much of what has been posted.

Being new, I beleive I can bring a new breath of fresh air, and a new point of view, not commonly heard. Not only to the current state of things, but to the site and to the work that needs to be accomplished. I am a very passionate individual. I have a strong grasp of communications. I have a strong sence of right and wrong. If I make mistakes, I own them. I have an even stronger sence of Family and Community.

I understand the "next guys" point of view, even if it differs from my own. That is a BIG part of the word "Compassion". That is; the ability to understand why a person has the view they do, which then allows you to correct the misconceptions they have in a way that is non threatening. Lets face it, people fear change. When that change is misrepresented, or is a full fabrication, that fear is lessoned. This is a two-way street, and must be scrutinized with deep convictions, as it can be as dangerous, as it is beneficial.

When a battle is on the horizon, any competent general will first, understand his enemy. He will want to get to know his enemy, so he has the tools and resources to finially defeat his enemy. To defeat an enemy, you must know what drives your enemy. One needs to know their weaknesses, and strenghts. One must know your weaknesses and strengths. When you know your enemys weakness, you can put your strengths to work against them. As you know your weaknesses, you can strethen that front, which then, makes it much harder for the enemy to do the same to you, use their strengths against your weaknesses.

Every battle thru history, regardless of being a war, political, community, or social, was won by the side that was most prepared. Unfortunatly, that doesnt mean the right side always wins. Just that the side which has done its homework, and is properly prepared, is the winner.

I am willing to offer my time in any of the needed groups. I will commit to help as much as I can financialy as well. I am not on any governmental programs. I am a self employed contractor. This time of year is generally slow, but I have already put in more time this 1st month, than I had the ability to do in prior years. This is a good thing, as I have some steady income. Not yet full time, but enough to keep me going, with a few pennies to spare. So I will do what I can afford to, which may not be much of anything one month, but better than average hopefully the next.

I know I am only a new guy here. But, with me I bring years of people experience. I have worked in customer service, dealing directly with individuals and businesses alike. At the ripe age of 16, I was booking my band into local and national clubs, usually only after one or two phone calls. My ex-wife once said, I had the ability to feed someone a line of bull, and make them feel they are eating the best lobster they had in their life.

Having been in Customer service, and a Manager, not only of some of my prior band, but as a small business owner, I bring many years of experienced negotiations with me. I feel these are qualitys that can be most helpfull at this point in time.

Concerning some of the views about any organization, working on behalf of any populas, their are some things I see that may be part of hindering process, not only of site here, but the MMMA act as a whole.

1st and foremost is credibility. I bring this up for this reason alone. When I first started searching online for a community to get myself educated on the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act of 2008, I did what many do, and hit up google. In my search thru google, I found a few sites, this one being one of the first to come up. I spent a few hours just perusing thru the various Michigan based sites.

Nearly all, this one included had a forum of one sort, and all sorts of cute and neat names for its members. Now this isnt a direct attack on ANYONE HERE, or on any forum. But, as I was reading thru the sites, the more of these cute pot names members were useing, left me with the taste of, not really a site that gives me a warm a fuzzy feeling on legitimacy. If I felt it, I can gaurentee, any NON card Michigander, atleast had that thought go thru their mind as well.

Again, im not calling anyone out here. Initially, my first thought was to use Hempy, or Gangleon Snort ect... but it dawned on me very quickly, that this may cast a negative light, on what is a Serious, and Extremely sensitive issue. Fact is, Marihuana, in any form excpet for Marinol, as seen by the Federal Government is a Class 1 narcotic. So it is taken Extremely Seriously by the Federal Government. Thusly, it is also a very serious State issue as well.

I decided to use my normal forum name, as to not un-legitimize, what is a Legitmate and Overtly needed law for our Great State of Michigan. Once more, please dont take this as a shot against anyone using such a name. Its merely an observation I made. But non-chalant names may, in a very uninteded way, take away from the Legitimacy MMMA.Org has worked hard to obtain.

So, with that said, I would like to purpose a small change to the sites user Control Panel to allow those that see my point on this matter, to have the ability to change their user name to one that does not deminish the serious nature, nor undermine the commitment we take, when dealing with the MMMA of 08, any Patients, any Caregivers, any Compassion Clubs, or any of our Govermental Representatives, or any Media that may happen to visit here. Not to mention, give the general public the wrong impression of the sites intentions, goals and its Honest Compassion to Michigans MMJ paitents.

I just feel it would be very hard for someone to honestly vest serious interest in helping out the Site here, when less that serious names are found.

Part of the reason I chose to join this site, was due to the overwhelming feeling I recieved while reading thru Patient and Caregiver Posts. The Compassion, and True interest in Patient Rights and Fairness to said patients is what drew me here. Sure I seen some of this on a few of the other sites, but the one thing that, shall we say "left a bad taste in my mouth" was the cavalier attitude many members seemed to have on this wonderfull law we have on the other forums I initially visited.

It would be a darn shame impo, if this site was loosing credibility from such reasons. But fact is People are fickle, LEO are working hard to inhibit the law anyway they can, and our States political system is gear for legitimacy, even if they are corrupt as hell. And finially, PUBLIC Support of Michiganders who are NON Card carrying citizens, is Crucial, not only in keeping the law on the books, but keeping it as Simple, yet well defined as can be.

I have many things I would like to touch on, but its 4:30 am right now. I will post more up tomorrow on my thoughts and my views of what may help. Not only help legitimize the sites pontential to be that Patient Advocate it deserves to be(not that it isnt lagitimate now), but also entice our non card carrying Michigan constituants to see us as we are. Patients that us MMJ to help us deal with our ailments, when usual methods failed us. Opposed to a bunch of dopers that are using some 'non ailement' ailment so we can just smoke dope and not worry about federal invovlement. I fear this is how the general public may see this, when they see these, ok but none legitimizing memmber names.

Again. Please, NObody take any personal offense. My sole intention is to Keep the MMMA of 08, on the law books as it is currently wrote and as I personally voted for. Though, my intuition does say, Some parts of the law may need to be sligltly more detailed to ensure patients and caregivers are not woefully and unlawfully harrassed by the LEO or any state agencies, for being a MMJ patient, caregiver or compassion club, or an affiliate of....but treated with the sensitivity and fairness any US Citizen, and Michigan resident deserves.

Timothy.

Hello all. I just spent the last 3 hrs reading thru this thread. I agree with Much of what has been posted.

Being new, I beleive I can bring a new breath of fresh air, and a new point of view, not commonly heard. Not only to the current state of things, but to the site and to the work that needs to be accomplished. I am a very passionate individual. I have a strong grasp of communications. I have a strong sence of right and wrong. If I make mistakes, I own them. I have an even stronger sence of Family and Community.

I understand the "next guys" point of view, even if it differs from my own. That is a BIG part of the word "Compassion". That is; the ability to understand why a person has the view they do, which then allows you to correct the misconceptions they have in a way that is non threatening. Lets face it, people fear change. When that change is misrepresented, or is a full fabrication, that fear is lessoned. This is a two-way street, and must be scrutinized with deep convictions, as it can be as dangerous, as it is beneficial.

When a battle is on the horizon, any competent general will first, understand his enemy. He will want to get to know his enemy, so he has the tools and resources to finially defeat his enemy. To defeat an enemy, you must know what drives your enemy. One needs to know their weaknesses, and strenghts. One must know your weaknesses and strengths. When you know your enemys weakness, you can put your strengths to work against them. As you know your weaknesses, you can strethen that front, which then, makes it much harder for the enemy to do the same to you, use their strengths against your weaknesses.

Every battle thru history, regardless of being a war, political, community, or social, was won by the side that was most prepared. Unfortunatly, that doesnt mean the right side always wins. Just that the side which has done its homework, and is properly prepared, is the winner.

I am willing to offer my time in any of the needed groups. I will commit to help as much as I can financialy as well. I am not on any governmental programs. I am a self employed contractor. This time of year is generally slow, but I have already put in more time this 1st month, than I had the ability to do in prior years. This is a good thing, as I have some steady income. Not yet full time, but enough to keep me going, with a few pennies to spare. So I will do what I can afford to, which may not be much of anything one month, but better than average hopefully the next.

I know I am only a new guy here. But, with me I bring years of people experience. I have worked in customer service, dealing directly with individuals and businesses alike. At the ripe age of 16, I was booking my band into local and national clubs, usually only after one or two phone calls. My ex-wife once said, I had the ability to feed someone a line of bull, and make them feel they are eating the best lobster they had in their life.

Having been in Customer service, and a Manager, not only of some of my prior band, but as a small business owner, I bring many years of experienced negotiations with me. I feel these are qualitys that can be most helpfull at this point in time.

Concerning some of the views about any organization, working on behalf of any populas, their are some things I see that may be part of hindering process, not only of site here, but the MMMA act as a whole.

1st and foremost is credibility. I bring this up for this reason alone. When I first started searching online for a community to get myself educated on the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act of 2008, I did what many do, and hit up google. In my search thru google, I found a few sites, this one being one of the first to come up. I spent a few hours just perusing thru the various Michigan based sites.

Nearly all, this one included had a forum of one sort, and all sorts of cute and neat names for its members. Now this isnt a direct attack on ANYONE HERE, or on any forum. But, as I was reading thru the sites, the more of these cute pot names members were useing, left me with the taste of, not really a site that gives me a warm a fuzzy feeling on legitimacy. If I felt it, I can gaurentee, any NON card Michigander, atleast had that thought go thru their mind as well.

Again, im not calling anyone out here. Initially, my first thought was to use Hempy, or Gangleon Snort ect... but it dawned on me very quickly, that this may cast a negative light, on what is a Serious, and Extremely sensitive issue. Fact is, Marihuana, in any form excpet for Marinol, as seen by the Federal Government is a Class 1 narcotic. So it is taken Extremely Seriously by the Federal Government. Thusly, it is also a very serious State issue as well.

I decided to use my normal forum name, as to not un-legitimize, what is a Legitmate and Overtly needed law for our Great State of Michigan. Once more, please dont take this as a shot against anyone using such a name. Its merely an observation I made. But non-chalant names may, in a very uninteded way, take away from the Legitimacy MMMA.Org has worked hard to obtain.

So, with that said, I would like to purpose a small change to the sites user Control Panel to allow those that see my point on this matter, to have the ability to change their user name to one that does not deminish the serious nature, nor undermine the commitment we take, when dealing with the MMMA of 08, any Patients, any Caregivers, any Compassion Clubs, or any of our Govermental Representatives, or any Media that may happen to visit here. Not to mention, give the general public the wrong impression of the sites intentions, goals and its Honest Compassion to Michigans MMJ paitents.

I just feel it would be very hard for someone to honestly vest serious interest in helping out the Site here, when less that serious names are found.

Part of the reason I chose to join this site, was due to the overwhelming feeling I recieved while reading thru Patient and Caregiver Posts. The Compassion, and True interest in Patient Rights and Fairness to said patients is what drew me here. Sure I seen some of this on a few of the other sites, but the one thing that, shall we say "left a bad taste in my mouth" was the cavalier attitude many members seemed to have on this wonderfull law we have on the other forums I initially visited.

It would be a darn shame impo, if this site was loosing credibility from such reasons. But fact is People are fickle, LEO are working hard to inhibit the law anyway they can, and our States political system is gear for legitimacy, even if they are corrupt as hell. And finially, PUBLIC Support of Michiganders who are NON Card carrying citizens, is Crucial, not only in keeping the law on the books, but keeping it as Simple, yet well defined as can be.

I have many things I would like to touch on, but its 4:30 am right now. I will post more up tomorrow on my thoughts and my views of what may help. Not only help legitimize the sites pontential to be that Patient Advocate it deserves to be(not that it isnt lagitimate now), but also entice our non card carrying Michigan constituants to see us as we are. Patients that us MMJ to help us deal with our ailments, when usual methods failed us. Opposed to a bunch of dopers that are using some 'non ailement' ailment so we can just smoke dope and not worry about federal invovlement. I fear this is how the general public may see this, when they see these, ok but none legitimizing memmber names.

Again. Please, NObody take any personal offense. My sole intention is to Keep the MMMA of 08, on the law books as it is currently wrote and as I personally voted for. Though, my intuition does say, Some parts of the law may need to be sligltly more detailed to ensure patients and caregivers are not woefully and unlawfully harrassed by the LEO or any state agencies, for being a MMJ patient, caregiver or compassion club, or an affiliate of....but treated with the sensitivity and fairness any US Citizen, and Michigan resident deserves.

Timothy.

Hi Timothy,

Many of the people of this forum have had these cool user names for quite some time and probably will be offended by your thoughts on this matter but I will have to agree with you that it may cause a few new viewers to consider the seriousness, or lack of, to this very important need for the MMM act to stabilize in every community, leo, pa, judges, and law makers.

I hope you may be able to help in any way.

Thanks

Chuck