Pot Use Might Speed Onset Of Psychosis: Study

Click here !!

I suppose there is a SMALL percent of the general population that shouldn't medicate.

Same as anything else, overuse, misuse, chronic use.... not good idea.

Most people can use most medications, in moderation.

Would like to hear from the daily users, for decades. Do you have psychosis ???

I eat too much food.......let's ban food for everybody !! Idiots.

The only concept this study and a few similar ever proved was that people who have tendencies for mental disorders try to self medicate to make themselves feel better. Whether it be in the form of caffeine, alcohol, cannabis, exercise, overworking or sex. They simply are attempting to quell their sickness any way they can. Quite often these people have been failed by the 'modern medical system' and the harmful pills they are given.

I would put the clinical results of these studies in the correct scientific results arena, yet they are gapingly lacking in their interpretations. Well, shall i say, purposefully misleading conclusions.

I can't imagine why they would put out flawed analysis.... :rolleyes:

I would put the clinical results of these studies in the correct scientific results arena, yet they are gapingly lacking in their interpretations. Well, shall i say, purposefully misleading conclusions.

Reefer Madness redux.

The only concept this study and a few similar ever proved was that people who have tendencies for mental disorders try to self medicate to make themselves feel better. Whether it be in the form of caffeine, alcohol, cannabis, exercise, overworking or sex. They simply are attempting to quell their sickness any way they can. Quite often these people have been failed by the 'modern medical system' and the harmful pills they are given.

I have seen studies that show that students who are daily users before age 18, have a lower drop out rate for high school and college. Earning less money than those who never smoked, or at least waited until they were older than 18. Some of that makes sense.

A lot of these people who started earlier, in my opinion, already were suffering possibly from anxiety/depression. That is why they feel "normal" when medicating. Once you determine that medicating with marijuana makes you feel "normal", why would you not continue medicating ?? It can get in the way of school/job, however, if you were already not fitting in, mentally and/or socially, you already had issues. Marijuana may help you, it may not, ....it could make matters worse.

I have a card because I had back surgery. It helps to get me through. I no longer take pain pills, I no longer take muscle relaxers. I no longer take Cymbalta. I am not a doctor, however, for me, so far, I feel that I have made the right choice in becoming a Caregiver, and my own Patient.

My wife sometimes sees my medicating as "getting high". When I medicate with medical marijuana, I do get high. Kind of what happens when you use marijuana. So, this is something I need to be aware of. As is the fact that if I went back to pills, and stopped the marijuana, I would be just as "high", or worse, for longer periods of time. I have to be true to myself, take what works best for me, and somehow work on other peoples misconceptions and stigmas, thanks to our Government not being honest.

Archived