Afghani/paki Strains

Surfergirl

Hi, just thought I d offer up a thread for the Affie lovers. Feel free to post related questions and photo's, lets see who has the oldest school affies in our state.

Let me take you back to 1987, That fall I encounterd a grower who had this affie line. Killer stuff....rocked up flowers solid, done sept 15th outside, and was the most pleasurable smoke Ive ever had. You would be hit by expansion...not harshness and gag and cough your guts out. And when you exhaled....blue smoke would come out. Note..this is a trait....blue smoke indica's! 2 pulls and it was stoned out action. This paticular strain came from shiawasse county. I had it for yrs..then lost it. Nothing...has come close to this one I promise you. And Im hunting high and low...(sure strains are good like, ChemD,ChemSis,SCMK,Orig D etc.....all good tasty and strong...but just not in that old ghani's league.

Lets here the stories and maybe hunt these down!

Don't have it now, but Sensi Seeds Afghani #1 circa '95 had chunky, frosty colas and a heavy stone. One Afghani girl got completely powdered in Silver Pearl pollen to make Afghani Pearl, an Indica dominant hybrid that I will always remember as a perfectly balanced smoke that was beautiful to behold. Violet/pink pistils were common. One small, but remarkable specimen had calyxes so dark purple the buds appeared black.

we grew NL#1(neville seed bank gear)IN 1987-88-89

BY FAR THE MOST INDICA I HAVE EVER GROWN/WITNESSED!

pretty much a single cola(side nugs were small but dense too) 3 1/2 ft tall solid as wood density wise-and 5 grams looked like only 1 gm

completely frosted-incredible stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we bred it with a pure Thai land race from bag seed(thai stick psychedelic)and found magic! was everyones favorite over haze-silver pearl early girl and others-

I MISS 'Northern Lights Number 1'! it was and is the ultimate indica as far as i am concerned!

Cool ...Bubble meant he'd gotten the double post of this thread.

Nl was some good stuff....the old stock anyway. Thats what we are hunting..old cuts of those aswell. Or even keepers from your own Nl 's run.

This Shiawasse Ghani tho was no NL....Ive actually tracked these sources back....to the original sources/growers. One is saying he lost it to inbreeding..not large enough selections! Notice plural (S) One would ibl sevral females with sevral males to preserve genetics.

Any how the other.....will be getting his door knocked soooon! Ive had all of the fires...PI,OG's,Chem's,Deisel's and kushes.....non have equalled it...and Im not the only one that experienced or witnessed this old ghani. Their are others.. and we all agree, none hold the candle. (YET) !

Note some of the Chems and X's are very skanky however.....SKANKY is goood!

Ive only read about HP13...would love to try it to compare.

Hunts on join me....

Alien Texhnology is a recent one that has been floating around...

Alien tech was brought back from a soldier touring in Afghanistan. There are buch of crosses with it made too...especially by OGR Sufer...

Afgooey has been making her rounds well...

Hopes this helps....its a shame I was too young to know what cannabis was back then...

Ha funny you mentioned AI.....a oldGG recommended it highly. Been thinking about ordering some seed......Kali Mist,AI, Nevills Haze. problem is I need to go threw 100 to find 1.

I have my own "War on Terror Paki".(hashplant)....was collected on the border by us soldier, I got them second yr to states. Pretty nice hash plants. One Im very found of , the others Im just found of..kind of thing. Real deal stuff cures down to old school..and makes badass hash!

However its not the one!

I distinctly remember a KILLER afghan strain going around about that time. 1985-87 I'd say. I have no clue of the lineage/heritage of the smoke other than my good friends brother use to grow it and they called it Afghani. Never seen any weed like it at the time. Very dark looking hard small nugs that looked nothing like anything else at that time. Two hits and you were done. Seriously. A nice joint could last a week. I'd love to have that again.

Being Im looking for the old school ghani..a good friend shared some real gems with me. 1988 Nevill SeedBank G13/HP! Looked it up and it says the indica of indica's from nevill. Double indica taste and lung expansion cant be all that bad. All seeds soaking.....have F2's and F3's. Not to bad to be 2 or 3 generations removed from original stock! Especailly after 23 yrs.............

Being Im looking for the old school ghani..a good friend shared some real gems with me. 1988 Nevill SeedBank G13/HP! Looked it up and it says the indica of indica's from nevill. Double indica taste and lung expansion cant be all that bad. All seeds soaking.....have F2's and F3's. Not to bad to be 2 or 3 generations removed from original stock! Especailly after 23 yrs.............

Keep us posted on that Surfergirl

I have Ortega from Nev as well as his NL5 x Haze,cant wait on those.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up some beans from local farmer in Astan just before we burned his poppie fields. Have since grown some outdoors and was delighted with the results. Currently naturing an alfa female to become a mother. Also have a decent amount of pollen from the alfa male. Unfortunatly the male did not survive the move indoors last fall. I have 7 original beans left from the farmer and maybe 50 or so from last years crop.

Cool stuff MMM! To bad Sensi's gear is no longer what it used to be. I myself boycott Sensi.

For anyone who cares, dd recommends Sensi exclusively. I will say that I got a really hearty, vibrant Hash Plant strain from them about a year and a half ago, and it was pretty good. Pest, disease resistant, etc.

I've heard that it's been all downhill since.

Archived