What Does Everyone Do With Your Waste?

wozerdozer

I was just wondering what everyone is doing with there non usable waste from growing? I for one live in the city and have a small back yard that is getting a pretty big pile of black dirt built up. I usually put stalks, nute bottles and any other non usable waste materials in contracter bags and dispose of them in a dumpster. Not real keen on that idea but I dont know where else to put it. Cant have a marijuana brush pile in the middle of the city.

Thanks

Wozer

Im not in the city, I am in a neighborhood in the country...but I do the same thing. I Try to compost as much as I can...stems and unuseable leaves either get burned or double-bagged with thick black plastic bags and thrown in the dumpster. Anything grow related like empty bottles, plant markers, labels, stems Etc...I try to hide in with my everyday trash. Ive found that stems break up and hide really well in a cereal box along with other misc. stuff. I do whatever I can to not draw any attention to myself and being stealth is key to having longevity in this game.

I for one live in the city and have a small back yard that is getting a pretty big pile of black dirt built up.

Perfect! Start a compost pile. You have used dirt, legal residues (stalks, stems), so you can learn to build your own dirt for the next grow, or build a nice outdoor soil amendment to spruce up the yard. It's not hard, nor expensive, and there are many do it yourself sites online.

As far as your nute bottles and other items, just pull the labels, rinse them out and recycle or dispose as with any household garbage. If you use any additives that come in cardboard boxes, tear them up and add to the compost pile.

Anybody can be a treehugger. Recycle as much as possible.

i been offering them services! not so much for the unusable as for the overages! lol!

make sure your using everything you can for butter and oils, tea! and get a lil garbage can leave burner, they have a lid and you can burn all of your paper waiste products from your home, it wont look so bad when your doing that, and if a neigbor asks jsut tell them you burning all paper products instead of waisting garbage bags, you can burn the smellier stuff when you know most are not home or sleeping! I believe you can still have a burn barrel in the city with a lid!

jsut a suggestion!

I jsut burn mine in my bomb fire pit, but i dont have neighbors i have to worry about!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Thanks phaquetoo that is a good idea. But is there a need for a disposal service? I know that someone else is having a problem with waste. Maybe older people, sick people, people in appartment buildings. People with small landscaped yards with no room for a big dirt pile. If anybody does have this problem I am willing to come remove and dispose of any waste you might have that you dont want to throw to the road. Or meet you in a public place for privacy issues. For a reasonable fee of course. I am a liscenced caregiver and a patient trying to get by as safely and as legal as I can in this economy.

Thanks

Wozer

As we see with Best Buy, and some other stores, they run a take-back program for waste electronics.

I would like to issue a challenge to the burgeoning Michigan grow shop industry, that they begin to offer take-back programs for containers and grow waste.

The brand names like GH, Advanced, Fox Farms, etc could sponsor the program as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility directive.

Perhaps even a 10 cent deposit on nute bottles to sweeten the deal?

Putting the waste in the curb side waste stream offers to much exposure to prying eyes, but if you're going into a grow shop you might as well take your waste with you as your cover is already blown.

As we see with Best Buy, and some other stores, they run a take-back program for waste electronics.

I would like to issue a challenge to the burgeoning Michigan grow shop industry, that they begin to offer take-back programs for containers and grow waste.

The brand names like GH, Advanced, Fox Farms, etc could sponsor the program as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility directive.

Perhaps even a 10 cent deposit on nute bottles to sweeten the deal?

Putting the waste in the curb side waste stream offers to much exposure to prying eyes, but if you're going into a grow shop you might as well take your waste with you as your cover is already blown.

That's a fantastic idea, the grow shops will not only be helping their patrons, but as well will retain returning customers.

Great idea from a business stand point (IMO).

Trix