Six-Month Medical Marijuana Moratorium Approved

knottwhole

This is a moratorium on caregivers as well as dispensaries.

Notice how they include "Apothecaries".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apothecary

Six-month medical marijuana moratorium approved in Union Township

http://www.cm-life.com/2011/02/09/union-township-approves-medical-marijuana-moritorium/

Medical marijuana dispensaries and apothecaries cannot be developed in Union Township for six months as officials determine how to best work with them.

After attending seminars on the subject and recent changes in laws, township board members decided take action on the matter by approving a moratorium.

“(Isabella County Judge Paul) Chamberlain’s decision with a local apothecary has made an impact with the state,” said zoning administrator Woody Woodruff. “Therefore, we need to make sure we stay within the parameters of the law.”

After the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act was passed, it became legal for patients to possess two and a half ounces of marijuana and have up to 12 plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility, or have a registered caregiver grow it for them.

Woodruff said there is a lot of gray area to look into and the township needs to take their time to look at the issues.

If apothecaries are here to stay, the township needs time to come to a resolution, Woodruff said. He said there has to be proper zoning and a need to ensure safe usage.

“This is an appropriate item to bring to the board,” said township trustee Phil Mikus. “Personally, I appreciate the people of Michigan accepting the initiative.”

The Union Township Planning Commission will carry out the research and fact-finding, Woodruff said. The Lansing-based Hubbard Law Firm will attend the Feb. 16 planning commission meeting to help inform the board.

“This will also give time for our citizens to express themselves,” said township supervisor John Barker.

The township only wants to know the names of the people running apothecaries — not patients.

Woodruff said the township needs to make sure the privacy and security of patients is not compromised.

“I think the dispensaries are fantastic for people with needs,” said trustee Tim Lannen. “I don’t see many drawbacks to them.”

Woodruff said the township is not disallowing the use of medical marijuana and does not want residents to think they cannot partake in the medication.

This is a moratorium on caregivers as well as dispensaries.

Notice how they include "Apothecaries".

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Apothecary

Six-month medical marijuana moratorium approved in Union Township

http://www.cm-life.c...ana-moritorium/

Medical marijuana dispensaries and apothecaries cannot be developed in Union Township for six months as officials determine how to best work with them.

After attending seminars on the subject and recent changes in laws, township board members decided take action on the matter by approving a moratorium.

“(Isabella County Judge Paul) Chamberlain’s decision with a local apothecary has made an impact with the state,” said zoning administrator Woody Woodruff. “Therefore, we need to make sure we stay within the parameters of the law.”

After the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act was passed, it became legal for patients to possess two and a half ounces of marijuana and have up to 12 plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility, or have a registered caregiver grow it for them.

Woodruff said there is a lot of gray area to look into and the township needs to take their time to look at the issues.

If apothecaries are here to stay, the township needs time to come to a resolution, Woodruff said. He said there has to be proper zoning and a need to ensure safe usage.

“This is an appropriate item to bring to the board,” said township trustee Phil Mikus. “Personally, I appreciate the people of Michigan accepting the initiative.”

The Union Township Planning Commission will carry out the research and fact-finding, Woodruff said. The Lansing-based Hubbard Law Firm will attend the Feb. 16 planning commission meeting to help inform the board.

“This will also give time for our citizens to express themselves,” said township supervisor John Barker.

The township only wants to know the names of the people running apothecaries — not patients.

Woodruff said the township needs to make sure the privacy and security of patients is not compromised.

“I think the dispensaries are fantastic for people with needs,” said trustee Tim Lannen. “I don’t see many drawbacks to them.”

Woodruff said the township is not disallowing the use of medical marijuana and does not want residents to think they cannot partake in the medication.

Thanks

the city's are getting more tricky with how to stop people from getting their Meds IMO they are trying to do the same in Royal Oak

unless i missed something, that wasnt to bad of a meeting, and it sounds like they are not totaly against mm, in fact it seems some of the board are for it. I wasnt there though so i have to go by what i read!

Peace

FTW

Jim

edit= i didnt see anything about c.g's in what ive read here!

Archived