Paperwork Filed, Confusion About Caregivers

Marvin

I recently filed the paperwork to receive my card. I'm 58 and I've been using marijuana medicinally for two years. I had smoked marijuana in the past but at that time didn't realize the therapeutic benefits, probably because at that time I didn't need them. I have a natural, and in this country a constitutional right to use any drug that offers benefits greater than the risk. It has allowed me reduce the amount of pharmaceuticals I take and improved my quality of life. It is as important to me as the prescribed drugs I take to relive my symptoms, all of which I can survive without-although not very comfortably. It's unfortunate that some of our myopic legislators place politics over doing the right thing. We should address this at the Polls.

I'm hoping someone can clear up some confusion. I don't quite understand how the dispensaries and caregivers operate. Why do so many people want to be my caregiver? More than one person has made the same vague proposal: "Sign me up as your caregiver and I'll give you a good deal on your meds. Then you sign up five people who sign up five people who... It sounds like Amway, not medicine. All of these people represent large legitimate operations. One was raided and the authorities found everything in order. I still doesn't feel right. I sure would appreciate it if someone could give me a brief overview as to how these things work and what to watch out for. I will be growing in the future, but for the time being I must rely on other growers. Thank You

Why do so many people want to be my caregiver?

Welcome to the site Marvin!

Go to the top of the page and click on patients and caregivers for starters.

If you don't grow you own medicine now, who has been supplying you?

Of course they want your plants.

If you grow your own, you don't need a caregiver.

And yes, there are pyramid schemes going on.

Again, welcome.

Welcome to the site Marvin!

Go to the top of the page and click on patients and caregivers for starters.

If you don't grow you own medicine now, who has been supplying you?

Of course they want your plants.

If you grow your own, you don't need a caregiver.

And yes, there are pyramid schemes going on.

Again, welcome.

I've been getting it from a person associated with a dispensary. I was told since I qualified for the Affirmative Defense we could "work around it" until I got my card. Before that I had no recourse except to buy it wherever I could. And thank you for the welcome.

... in this country a constitutional right to use any drug that offers benefits greater than the risk.

Don't kid yourself, that document has been invalid since March 9, 1933, when President Franklin D Roosevelt declared a national emergency. The emergency he was referring to was effectively a shortage of gold and Congress agreed to his wish by allowing him to declare a national emergency effectively suspending the Constitution.

Roosevelt never declared the emergency over. Neither did any of his successors, realising that by living in a state of emergency their office has a greater ability to govern.

Under the emergency power rules, the president has an almost free hand to control the country including the unconstitutional abilities to seize property, deploy military forces without congressional approval, bring in martial law, restrict travel and censor all communications. Until the president declares the national emergency over, the rules remain in force and the Constitution remains suspended.

My best advice to you is to learn the law and comply with it to the best of your abilities. It is really very clear cut and easy to understand (unless you are part of the law enforcement community, in which case it seems to be totally incomprehensible).

If you are physically able to do so you can grow your own meds with a minimum of cost and effort. My grow is hydroponic using compact fluorescent lights. The whole thing cost less than $100 to set up and few dollars a month to operate. If you don't need large quantities of meds it should give you an adequate supply. Check out this book Marijuana Buds for Less. It gives you all the info you need.

Don't kid yourself, that document has been invalid since March 9, 1933, when President Franklin D Roosevelt declared a national emergency. The emergency he was referring to was effectively a shortage of gold and Congress agreed to his wish by allowing him to declare a national emergency effectively suspending the Constitution.

Roosevelt never declared the emergency over. Neither did any of his successors, realising that by living in a state of emergency their office has a greater ability to govern.

Under the emergency power rules, the president has an almost free hand to control the country including the unconstitutional abilities to seize property, deploy military forces without congressional approval, bring in martial law, restrict travel and censor all communications. Until the president declares the national emergency over, the rules remain in force and the Constitution remains suspended.

My best advice to you is to learn the law and comply with it to the best of your abilities. It is really very clear cut and easy to understand (unless you are part of the law enforcement community, in which case it seems to be totally incomprehensible).

If you are physically able to do so you can grow your own meds with a minimum of cost and effort. My grow is hydroponic using compact fluorescent lights. The whole thing cost less than $100 to set up and few dollars a month to operate. If you don't need large quantities of meds it should give you an adequate supply. Check out this book Marijuana Buds for Less. It gives you all the info you need.

thank you

I recently filed the paperwork to receive my card. I'm 58 and I've been using marijuana medicinally for two years. I had smoked marijuana in the past but at that time didn't realize the therapeutic benefits, probably because at that time I didn't need them. I have a natural, and in this country a constitutional right to use any drug that offers benefits greater than the risk. It has allowed me reduce the amount of pharmaceuticals I take and improved my quality of life. It is as important to me as the prescribed drugs I take to relive my symptoms, all of which I can survive without-although not very comfortably. It's unfortunate that some of our myopic legislators place politics over doing the right thing. We should address this at the Polls.

I'm hoping someone can clear up some confusion. I don't quite understand how the dispensaries and caregivers operate. Why do so many people want to be my caregiver? More than one person has made the same vague proposal: "Sign me up as your caregiver and I'll give you a good deal on your meds. Then you sign up five people who sign up five people who... It sounds like Amway, not medicine. All of these people represent large legitimate operations. One was raided and the authorities found everything in order. I still doesn't feel right. I sure would appreciate it if someone could give me a brief overview as to how these things work and what to watch out for. I will be growing in the future, but for the time being I must rely on other growers. Thank You

Welcome to the MMMA

Archived