Feds Discover Over 700 Pounds Of Pot In Storage Locker

It’s a good thing no horses were nearby.

Federal agents discovered 28 bales of pot, weighing more than 700 pounds, during a recent search of a storage locker in Swartz Creek, a suburb of Flint.

According to an affidavit filed Wednesday in federal court in Flint, federal agents were executing a search warrant on Feb. 3 at Bee Safe Storage when they discovered three “U-Haul” wardrobe boxes in storage unit No. 58. Hidden in the boxes were roughly 28 bales of suspected marijuana – roughly 710.5 pounds worth – which were wrapped in layers of black plastic, some kind of grease, and white powdered lime, the affidavit said. The bales of weed tested positive for marijuana in a field test, records show.

The next day, agents searched a home in Flint, where they discovered an additional bale of marijuana weighing 25.9 pounds and wrapped in an identical manner as the bales in the storage unit, the affidavit said.

The agents interviewed a resident at the home, William Jeffrey Lott, 44, who has a state-issued medical marijuana card, records show. Lott confessed that he had rented the unit 28 as a storage place for the marijuana at the request of other co-conspirators, the affidavit said.

Lott also told the agents that he helped the co-conspirators store additional quantities of marijuana, ranging from 50 pounds to 3,000 pounds, and helped repackage it for distribution in the Eastern District of Michigan, the affidavit said.

Lott was charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana, and conspiracy to violate drug laws.

He was released Wednesday on a $100,000 unsecured bond, and ordered to refrain from using drugs or alcohol. He also is prohibited from using his state-issued medical marijuana card, and must consult with his doctor for alternative medicines, according to court records.

Lott’s lawyer, Mark Ross, was unavailable for comment.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110210/NEWS06/110210031/Feds-discover-over-700-pounds-pot-storage-locker?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Someone posted one last night 310lbs found in a similar way, again WOW that's a lot of pot!!

WHY DO WE CONSISTENTLY DEFY THIS LAW!!

This will give LEO just that much more reason to do things the way they do, and they are justified in cases like these.

Trix

Guest knucklehead bob

I am a MICHIGAN Pt/Caregiver and I have what is permitted by the MMMACT , slightly under actually . This feces seems all Dispensary related to me . MAKE MINE MICHIGROWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a MICHIGAN Pt/Caregiver and I have what is permitted by the MMMACT , slightly under actually . This feces seems all Dispensary related to me . MAKE MINE MICHIGROWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Medicate with Michigrown. The feeling's foreeeeeever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGEdVOOsuS4

Dispensary is what popped into my head too....

That's a lot of weight......

He's about the only defendant where I find it's cool with me to take away his marijuana consuming rights....

It’s a good thing no horses were nearby.

Federal agents discovered 28 bales of pot, weighing more than 700 pounds, during a recent search of a storage locker in Swartz Creek, a suburb of Flint.

According to an affidavit filed Wednesday in federal court in Flint, federal agents were executing a search warrant on Feb. 3 at Bee Safe Storage when they discovered three “U-Haul” wardrobe boxes in storage unit No. 58. Hidden in the boxes were roughly 28 bales of suspected marijuana – roughly 710.5 pounds worth – which were wrapped in layers of black plastic, some kind of grease, and white powdered lime, the affidavit said. The bales of weed tested positive for marijuana in a field test, records show.

The next day, agents searched a home in Flint, where they discovered an additional bale of marijuana weighing 25.9 pounds and wrapped in an identical manner as the bales in the storage unit, the affidavit said.

The agents interviewed a resident at the home, William Jeffrey Lott, 44, who has a state-issued medical marijuana card, records show. Lott confessed that he had rented the unit 28 as a storage place for the marijuana at the request of other co-conspirators, the affidavit said.

Lott also told the agents that he helped the co-conspirators store additional quantities of marijuana, ranging from 50 pounds to 3,000 pounds, and helped repackage it for distribution in the Eastern District of Michigan, the affidavit said.

Lott was charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana, and conspiracy to violate drug laws.

He was released Wednesday on a $100,000 unsecured bond, and ordered to refrain from using drugs or alcohol. He also is prohibited from using his state-issued medical marijuana card, and must consult with his doctor for alternative medicines, according to court records.

Lott’s lawyer, Mark Ross, was unavailable for comment.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110210/NEWS06/110210031/Feds-discover-over-700-pounds-pot-storage-locker?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I read that story a dozen times and something smells with the whole thing. Personally, I think its a total scam set up by LEO so they have another reason (as if they need any so far) to attack us and our law.

Would not be first time that type of scenario has been used by LEO at all levels, state, local, and fed in order to prove THEIR POINT!

This is brick weed.

Why do so many people assume it has anything to do with the medical market?

It's bad enough that our enemies think that way.

I said I wonder but also feel you could assume it will be sold as medical after the rev dagit bust and the big daddy bust.. Both envolved multi lbs. As far as our enemies thinking that way, I think we are our own worst enemy. As soon as we forget patients are the whole reason for prop one, bad things happen. Importing mass quanities is for business and crooks, not patients.....shredder

Now it did not say it had grease in the bails. It was wrapped in plastic first then the other stuff was proably put around the plastic to hide the smell during transport and storage.

The big problem with this is he had his card. That right there is what people think of patients and caregivers. That is what a lot of people believe this is all about that right there. Where are the stories about all the good it does you don't see those it is not sensational!

I said I wonder but also feel you could assume it will be sold as medical after the rev dagit bust and the big daddy bust.. Both envolved multi lbs. As far as our enemies thinking that way, I think we are our own worst enemy. As soon as we forget patients are the whole reason for prop one, bad things happen. Importing mass quanities is for business and crooks, not patients.....shredder

Sorry .. I didn't notice it in the story.

Crap ..

Sorry folks ..

Still sounds like brick to me. That would be street market.

Now it did not say it had grease in the bails. It was wrapped in plastic first then the other stuff was proably put around the plastic to hide the smell during transport and storage.

The big problem with this is he had his card. That right there is what people think of patients and caregivers. That is what a lot of people believe this is all about that right there. Where are the stories about all the good it does you don't see those it is not sensational!

roughly 710.5 pounds worth – which were wrapped in layers of black plastic, some kind of grease, and white powdered lime,

Last time I checked, my government had declared a war against me.???

That would be the "other" team.

Our team is required to be quiet and lie down while we get stomped with federal tax paid boots.

we are the gov

we need to step up and improve the way things are

thats what good stewards do

we need to vote the trash out

Archived