Possible Cg Risk & Potential Allies Health Freedom Bill

Mememe

The definition of “practicing medicine” is so broad that everyone is at risk!

Current Michigan law, 333.17001(d) states:

“Practice of medicine’ means the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, cure or relieving of human disease, ailment, defect, complaint, or other physical or mental condition, by attendance, advice, device, diagnostic test, or other means or offering, undertaking, attempting to do, or holding oneself out as able to do, any of these acts.”

Michigan Natural Health Coalition & the Michigan Health Freedom bill seeks to protect

http://michigannaturalhealthcoalition.org/

http://michigannaturalhealthcoalition.org/newsletter

Hope someone at MMMA will get in touch with them. We appear to be fighting the same fight.

Wonderpowers activate....pew-pew-pew

OK I feel a rant coming on but I'll try to keep it short. It's a rant to the ones trying to take our rights away, including the right to use natural remedies besides MM. I've heard of the natural Health Coalition before, they've been around for awhile.

WOW, FREE SPEECH AT ITS BEST....NOT!

Anyone who is NOT a licensed medical dr. CAN'T use those words, among others, so we can't say, "My advice/diagnosis is to use MM because it will prevent and cure disease so I highly recommend it to treat your condition. Using any of those words is seen as "professing to practice medicine.." Those words have been reserved for the medical industry. I say industry because that's what they REALLY ARE. Call it what it IS.

We have to be very creative with our words. Oh C'MON, I CAN'T SAY RELIEF, ADVICE, DEFECT.... among the words I knew about, prevent, cure, treat, diagnose, recommend. UNBELIEVABLE! Free speech my azz. Oh by the way, those words differ from state to state, though many are the same they some have other words also besides cure, prevent, etc., the usual "doctor words" But ADVICE?? INJURY?? Awww C'MON, GET REAL!..

OK that's it for now. This fight isn't just about MM, it's about the whole natural care profession.

The Natural Health Coalition's fight is our fight, too.

EVERYONE PLEASE LOOK AT THAT COALITION LINK IT'S VERY IMPORTANT EVEN IF 3MA DOESN'T WORK WITH THEM, PLEASE.

mememe THANK YOU for posting the info!

Sb

Edited by Silverblue

Knowing the current conservative attitude that has taken over the Michigan government, they obviously have in mind a way to use this law to prevent witches from brewing up substances that could be used to cast spells over the innocent, God fearing citizens of the State. Thank God someone has finally woken up to the fact that witches are the source of all our problems. :devil:

Knowing the current conservative attitude that has taken over the Michigan government, they obviously have in mind a way to use this law to prevent witches from brewing up substances that could be used to cast spells over the innocent, God fearing citizens of the State. Thank God someone has finally woken up to the fact that witches are the source of all our problems. :devil:

WHAT? Is someone saying all natural care people are witches that force people to do things against their will? This is SO INACCURATE, JUST LIKE SAYING MM USERS ARE POTHEADS. I've benefitted by natural care and they don't call themselves witches and I know many who call themselves witches, who are very decent people, who's creed has always been "harm none."

Sb

Please consider the following before attacking the natural care profession. And, unfortunately, yes, this could be used against us. There's a small group of doctors that are making a big stink about something in the natural care profession that they CLAIM is harmful. In ANY profession, people have to be very careful and make sure their clients understand what they're getting and what the product or service can realistically do. A genuine healer is less concerned with money and more concerned about helping their client HEAL. Many natural healers feel very guilty about accepting money as payment. Although I distrust the medical industry, I do know they can do a lot of good, I've benefited from them as well, though not in all cases. Whatever you choose to medicate with, please be careful. It's your choice, it's your RIGHT TO CHOOSE, whether I agree or not. My main issue is dispelling the misconceptions about natural care and presenting facts that anyone can look into for themselves. Don't just take my word for it, see for yourselves! Talk with people, get to know them, learn their issues. Just as we dont want to be misunderstood, neither do natural healers who are doing their best to promote wellness.

What a sad world, a natural remedy like Cannabis, that can do so much, has become so misunderstood, due to propaganda, just like certain groups of people are misunderstood for the same reason, propaganda. The natural care profession does MUCH LESS HARM than the big pharma, are being scrutinized, the hypocrites who CAUSE HARM are claiming that WE (natural care people) cause harm. They demonize a group of people who know more about these remedies than they do, the competition scares them, though they're richer than have more than they'll ever need.. CONSIDER THIS: As far as herbalists being witches, IF it were SO EASY to cast a spell as people may think, wouldn't someone force our opponents to do what WE wanted? It's NOT that simple, and it would cause a big backlash of karma on the one who tried it. In all fairness, we can honestly say that anything can cause harm, especially when used improperly, but usually the natural ways cause LITTLE TO NO HARM, while big pharma causes HARMFUL SIDE EFFECTS AND EVEN DEATH. This is no wild claim, and it can be PROVEN, look at all the lawsuits going on from that. They don't give their products enough testing time, they mix them with other things, then re-market them, often very quickly. They may claim we cause harm and even invent statistics to prove it, but with some research, anyone can find the FACTS as to WHO causes the MOST harm. How many people do you know who suffer from harmful side effects? Just listen to the drug ads. While many natural substances are very powerful and can be toxic, they must be used with care, too. A trained herbalist, or someone who studied enough to know which ones to be careful of, will know. Now, relate all this to caregivers, they know what strains work best for a specific need. As with any substance, any reaction can't be known until it's tried. Many people are allergic to things but how will they know unless they're exposed to it? I get a strain that makes me feel jumpy, how would I know it'd do that to me if I didn't try it? It may not do that for someone else. Unfortunately that's the only way to know. Another point to consider is, with the pharma drugs, many are based on natural substances, BUT they're also mixed with other chemicals that our body CANNOT properly process, enhancements to the compound to hasten the reaction time for it to work, and perhaps intensify the effect, too, they may also put preservatives into their pills. Add to that any pesticides used in growing the herbs, and we have a remedy for disaster. This is also why caregivers need to be careful what they put in the soil and what they use to prevent pests and blight.

Let's sort out the facts from the myths, OK? Not all MM users are potheads, hippies, bums, or criminals, most are very sick people who discovered it works BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE THEY'VE TRIED; MJ is NOT a gateway drug, it's NOT addictive, AND, those who provide natural care services and products are VERY CREDIBLE, EFFECTIVE, AND VERY RARELY CAUSE HARM. Not all herbalists are witches, not all witches are bad, and what we see on TV or read in books doesn't reflect reality. In ANY profession, you'll find unscrupulous people who only care about profits, may intentionally cause harm, don't try to fix any damage they may inflict, etc. A certificate or degree does NOT insure the credibility of the practitioner. How many doctors cause harm and don't get sued because they protect their own, even if they cause SERIOUS HARM AND EVEN DEATH???

We don't want to be misunderstood, and we know how it feels to be characterized as shadowy figures on the fringes of society who have undesirable traits and ulterior motives. All we need to do is look at the PROFITS big pharma is making on our miseries. It's easy to point fingers, accuse, judge and condemn a class of people- it sure makes one feel MIGHTY. Haven't we suffered enough? Herbology dates back thousands of years, including the use of Cannabis, as we all know; they have some amazing solutions to many age old problems. So please, when you read the opposition's accusations on natural care, remember, you're also reading about the same people who hate Cannabis, who are doing the EXACT THING THEY'RE ACCUSING US OF DOING- causing harm.

Sb

WHAT? Is someone saying all natural care people are witches that force people to do things against their will? This is SO INACCURATE, JUST LIKE SAYING MM USERS ARE POTHEADS. I've benefitted by natural care and they don't call themselves witches and I know many who call themselves witches, who are very decent people, who's creed has always been "harm none."

Sb

I have been wrong before, but I would say the post was being sarcastic. Sarcasm is hard to pick up in text sometimes.

I have been wrong before, but I would say the post was being sarcastic. Sarcasm is hard to pick up in text sometimes.

It's very possible, and I thought of that, too, that's why I didn't directly accuse the poster, but it is something some people would think. Yes, in text it is very hard to distinguish a sarcastic remark from statement or opinion. I just had to say something though, to clear the air in case there are people who really think that way.

Sb

u know silverblue....

one day i really do hope i get the privlage of meeting you and shaking your hand....giving/receiving a hug...

u r a inspiration to me..

thank u

OK I feel a rant coming on but I'll try to keep it short. It's a rant to the ones trying to take our rights away, including the right to use natural remedies besides MM. I've heard of the natural Health Coalition before, they've been around for awhile.

WOW, FREE SPEECH AT ITS BEST....NOT!

Anyone who is NOT a licensed medical dr. CAN'T use those words, among others, so we can't say, "My advice/diagnosis is to use MM because it will prevent and cure disease so I highly recommend it to treat your condition. Using any of those words is seen as "professing to practice medicine.." Those words have been reserved for the medical industry. I say industry because that's what they REALLY ARE. Call it what it IS.

We have to be very creative with our words. Oh C'MON, I CAN'T SAY RELIEF, ADVICE, DEFECT.... among the words I knew about, prevent, cure, treat, diagnose, recommend. UNBELIEVABLE! Free speech my azz. Oh by the way, those words differ from state to state, though many are the same they some have other words also besides cure, prevent, etc., the usual "doctor words" But ADVICE?? INJURY?? Awww C'MON, GET REAL!..

OK that's it for now. This fight isn't just about MM, it's about the whole natural care profession.

The Natural Health Coalition's fight is our fight, too.

EVERYONE PLEASE LOOK AT THAT COALITION LINK IT'S VERY IMPORTANT EVEN IF 3MA DOESN'T WORK WITH THEM, PLEASE.

mememe THANK YOU for posting the info!

Sb

u know silverblue....

one day i really do hope i get the privlage of meeting you and shaking your hand....giving/receiving a hug...

u r a inspiration to me..

thank u

mibrains, thank you for the complement. I've read many of your posts and appreciate the time you take to get your feelings across, so it'd be nice to meet you, too.

Sb

It's very possible, and I thought of that, too, that's why I didn't directly accuse the poster, but it is something some people would think. Yes, in text it is very hard to distinguish a sarcastic remark from statement or opinion. I just had to say something though, to clear the air in case there are people who really think that way.

Sb

I was being sarcastic. I should have added a disclaimer. Sorry if I offended anyone.

(sarcastic disclaimer-i am being a smartazz)

uuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm they(medical industry) are the smart ones....???????? right?

they know whats best for us-they spent all that money on their western medicine education...right?????

i will heal myself if needed-especially if the price is right!

Edited by Angry LIBERAL

I was being sarcastic. I should have added a disclaimer. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Hi amish4ganja, Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't direct my anger at you specifically, because I had a feeling you were being sarcastic, too, and figured you knew someone who expressed those feelings, that's why I said, "is someone saying those things?" I know there are many people who think that way, so I was just bringing up some points to consider, mainly about generalizing and the kind of stuff people do to us, using comparisons to make my message clear. It happens with every group, people have their idea of what that group is and what it isn't, what it should be and what they want it to be. AND if someone runs into anyone who thinks like that, my ideas may inspire someone to say something that may make them think.

Thanks again for confirming what we suspected, it was sarcasm, not your feelings. Ahh the limitations of text sometimes. Even when people say things when I'm talking to them, I can't always tell if they're joking or not and I have to ask. I almost asked if you were being sarcastic or not. When I get passionate about something, I can't hold back. So many people read these threads, likely someone who thinks with a closed mind will read it out of curiosity, and who knows, they might at least consider another view, even if they don't change their minds, but might at least consider the possibilities. So really I was responding to a wider readership.

Sb

Edited by Silverblue

(sarcastic disclaimer-i am being a smartazz)

uuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm they(medical industry) are the smart ones....???????? right?

they know whats best for us-they spent all that money on their western medicine education...right?????

i will heal myself if needed-especially if the price is right!

:rolleyes:

Sb