Leo In Michigan Needs Mm Education

EdwardGlen

Good evening Sisters and Brothers

As of this moment no LEO anywhere in Michigan is required to be educated about MM so in a effort to stop so many unnecessary arrests an educational program needs to be established.

A class could be added at the police school and and at individual station houses.

They need to know about growing cycles, dying an curing time, and what is and isn't usable cannabis. I feel every LEO in Michigan needs to be educated in at least the last three if nothing else.

This is the contact information for the Michigan Police Chief Org and Michigan sheriffs Org lets start an e mail campaign asking that such a program be implemented.

Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police

2133 University Park Drive, Suite 200

Okemos, MI 48864-3975

Phone: 517/349-9420 - Fax: 517/349-5823

e-mail: info@michiganpolicechiefs.org

Michigan Sheriffs Association

515 North Capital Avenue

Lansing,MI.48933-1241

517-485-3135

Peace

We are ALL in this together

Man I should grab my police report and get the name of the officers that were first on scene, when they saw our GR they said "what do you get off a plant 2-3lbs" no lie, they truly have no clue... education is never a bad thing, don't see what it would hurt.. although I'm sure there has to be SOME form of education installed even if its just to tell them the plant is green and looks like this...yet I know that's not enough..

Trix

EdwardGlen, I couldn't agree with you more, but there is a problem.

There is a legitimate reason for people to fear the police. We've seen our brothers, sisters, children, parents, and pets harassed, robbed, and even killed by the drug war. But at the same time, there are those among the uniformed that fear us not for what we do, or how we live our lives, but because some in our community have labeled them as pigs, jack booted thugs, murderers, ect, ect, ect.

I have an uncle who has served with honor as a chief of police here in Michigan for thirty five years. His thoughts, and those of his department, are very much in line with the will of the people of this state. He does train his cohorts about the law as it stands. Those who disagree with the law are allowed their disagreement, but they are not allowed to have it interfere with the law as it stands.

Granted, not all police chiefs are this way, but name calling from those of us who expect respect for ourselves and the law, does nothing to help anybody.

I know the police chiefs in all three counties that surround me. I may not agree with their opinion about medical marijuana, but they are allowed their opinion. They also know that their mistakes are given heavy scrutiny by myself and others within my community. They know myself and others will demand questions from them regarding any police action that seems out of line.

I ask others here to learn about their local police. Are they all bad? I know that they are not. We ask them to pursue and prosecute those who commit crimes against us. In return, we should treat them with the respect many of them have earned. The name calling has to stop.

If we can't learn to live in peace, there will never be any.

EdwardGlen, I couldn't agree with you more, but there is a problem.

There is a legitimate reason for people to fear the police. We've seen our brothers, sisters, children, parents, and pets harassed, robbed, and even killed by the drug war. But at the same time, there are those among the uniformed that fear us not for what we do, or how we live our lives, but because some in our community have labeled them as pigs, jack booted thugs, murderers, ect, ect, ect.

I have an uncle who has served with honor as a chief of police here in Michigan for thirty five years. His thoughts, and those of his department, are very much in line with the will of the people of this state. He does train his cohorts about the law as it stands. Those who disagree with the law are allowed their disagreement, but they are not allowed to have it interfere with the law as it stands.

Granted, not all police chiefs are this way, but name calling from those of us who expect respect for ourselves and the law, does nothing to help anybody.

I know the police chiefs in all three counties that surround me. I may not agree with their opinion about medical marijuana, but they are allowed their opinion. They also know that their mistakes are given heavy scrutiny by myself and others within my community. They know myself and others will demand questions from them regarding any police action that seems out of line.

I ask others here to learn about their local police. Are they all bad? I know that they are not. We ask them to pursue and prosecute those who commit crimes against us. In return, we should treat them with the respect many of them have earned. The name calling has to stop.

If we can't learn to live in peace, there will never be any.

I agree and education will stop most of the name calling like weed head, doper, drug dealer, child abuser, liar, etc, etc. It works both ways.

No one who is with-in the law should be arrested because the LEO doesn't know the difference between ready to use or wet freshly picked guarantee most if not all LEO' know the difference between a narcotic pill and one that's not.

Most LEO" are stand up people but the ones our community and I have encountered recently haven't been and it was because they (LEO) were ignorant to our law and cannabis.

Peace

You are right Ed. I was actually part of a group that was going to do this but I fell out real early and the group disbanded shortly after getting started.

I think it may have actually worked but there needed to be better selection of the actual board members.

Educating LEO has to be a primary concern for our community and will be an undertaking of the steering committee.

Peace

Educating LEO has to be a primary concern for our community and will be an undertaking of the steering committee.

Peace

Excellent idea. :goodjob:

Proactive vs reactive. :thumbsu:

May I respectfully submit that community officials and the general public would also be worthy targets of an educational campaign or program?

I've always believed that educating at a community level is an easier to implement campaign, and a much more effective place to direct our efforts. You can still sometimes get through to your neighbors.

Perhaps several standardized educational "pieces" need to be created for distribution?

Keep it going :sword:

Archived