Abandoned Places

If you haven't checked my signature yet or my website then you probably don't know of a passion of mine...

Abandonments!

I've been to A LOT, but I feel I need to start chipping away at the smaller ones too!

So I ask for your help! Any abandoned schools, churches, farms, or other buildings around you?

I've got quite the list of "accomplishments" such as the David Broderick Tower (originally Eaton Tower), the brewster projects (you can read stoned on the roof there on google satellite ;)), the Metropolitan building (with the terra cotta tiles downtown - has the black tarp over it to keep pieces from falling off), the Packard Factory, Fisher Body 21, both of the Boblo boats and the old Boblo Terminal downtown, Cass Tech, Tiger Stadium, Lee Plaza (fun to go in there at 2am), and not to mention random abandoned homes, apartments, and other municipalities and factories!

Anything near you worth checking out?

Are you talking about exploring abandoned buildings at night?

Wozer

night, day, whenever! lol

i've had many fun nights with rooftop beers!

watched the sunrise from the roof of lee plaza!

none of these places compare to Super Coney in Detroit on a Saturday night when the clubs let out tho! LOL

some nice sized bullet holes all around the front of that place

If you haven't checked my signature yet or my website then you probably don't know of a passion of mine...

Abandonments!

I've been to A LOT, but I feel I need to start chipping away at the smaller ones too!

So I ask for your help! Any abandoned schools, churches, farms, or other buildings around you?

I've got quite the list of "accomplishments" such as the David Broderick Tower (originally Eaton Tower), the brewster projects (you can read stoned on the roof there on google satellite ;)), the Metropolitan building (with the terra cotta tiles downtown - has the black tarp over it to keep pieces from falling off), the Packard Factory, Fisher Body 21, both of the Boblo boats and the old Boblo Terminal downtown, Cass Tech, Tiger Stadium, Lee Plaza (fun to go in there at 2am), and not to mention random abandoned homes, apartments, and other municipalities and factories!

Anything near you worth checking out?

The City of Flint and General Motors.

I've heard freaky tales of exploring the old Northville mental hospital for a long time.

Someone said it was demolished a few months ago. <_<

LOL you should see some of the videos I have seen from there!

I have a friend that used to live in one of the trailers back when the city was forcing them to have security on site.. Instead of security they put up a few trailers and rented them out to tennants LOL

They are still working on demo there.. The tunnels are sealed.. I was hoping to get a scale out of there before they scrapped it!

DSCF7329s.jpg

and a few more from there:

DSCF7326.jpg

DSCF7334.jpg

Hey stonedplanet. I checked out your stonedplanet.com And I didnt get anything done that I was suppose to. Very cool site. It is going in the favs.

Thanks

Wozer

Thanks man! I gotta get the bill paid on it soon! LOL

Grande Ballroom

8952 Grand River Avenue

Detroit, MI

030905-GrandeInterior.jpg

:D

http://www.stonedplanet.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152&Itemid=231

A lot of history in that place! Can't go to the roof anymore or you risk falling through..

MC5, Iggy Pop, way too many have gone through there!

:thumbsu:

Archived