Sick Girls Again With Pics

R n C

hellow everyone i have been hanging around and learning and learning the edacut here and this will be my first post... and our first real grow... sorry it has to be about some sick girls... they are 3 pre 98 bubba kush 1 LA confidental and 1 grape crush..... they are in fox farms ocean forest soil.... using fox farm nutes.... and just started open sessame seince turning into flower..... they were veged for 28 days and have been into flower 1 week when over night these symptoms showed up... i have ruled out everything but a defishency of some sort or an burn of some sort other then the lights which have a glass bottom and are about 15 -18" away definatley not two close....they were on a 18-6 veg period and a 12-12 flower for a week now.....watering schedual was two waterings with nuets every 4 th day as the soil was dry about then and they would get a 1/2 gallon of water then on every 3 rd watering they would just get plain ph ed water with some white shark .... the ph is monatured and held at 6.3 all the time give or take 1 point. temps during veg were 77-80 and 70-75 for flowering.... the symptoms on all 3 strains are exactally the same... please take a look and and and advise if you would be so kind.... we truley hate to see or have any sick girls..... i am attaching some pics.... the first 4 are of the grape crush, the next 3 are LA confidental and 5 are of pre 98 bubba kush,....... thanks in advance for all your help.... R n C

hellow everyone i have been hanging around and learning and learning the edacut here and this will be my first post... and our first real grow... sorry it has to be about some sick girls... they are 3 pre 98 bubba kush 1 LA confidental and 1 grape crush..... they are in fox farms ocean forest soil.... using fox farm nutes.... and just started open sessame seince turning into flower..... they were veged for 28 days and have been into flower 1 week when over night these symptoms showed up... i have ruled out everything but a defishency of some sort or an burn of some sort other then the lights which have a glass bottom and are about 15 -18" away definatley not two close....they were on a 18-6 veg period and a 12-12 flower for a week now.....watering schedual was two waterings with nuets every 4 th day as the soil was dry about then and they would get a 1/2 gallon of water then on every 3 rd watering they would just get plain ph ed water with some white shark .... the ph is monatured and held at 6.3 all the time give or take 1 point. temps during veg were 77-80 and 70-75 for flowering.... the symptoms on all 3 strains are exactally the same... please take a look and and and advise if you would be so kind.... we truley hate to see or have any sick girls..... i am attaching some pics.... the first 4 are of the grape crush, the next 3 are LA confidental and 5 are of pre 98 bubba kush,....... thanks in advance for all your help.... R n C

Guest Mr_smith

I can't find it, but if you PM Bubblegrower he can get you a link that shows how to upload them properly.

Sorry to hear about the girls, but you are in the right place! Welcome :)

I'll take shot in the dark RnC. If you go into flower with red leaf stems, then get yellowing on the lower leaves, and the upper leaves are losing color, the usual suspect is a magnesium defisency. You also could be running low on N, they need a lot of N in the first couple weeks of flower until the stretch slows down and buds start building. With regular fox farm nutes and feeding on schedule it most likely not N though. Obviously without pics I could be very wrong but these defisency problems are common indoor things that happen. A little Epsom salt as a spray and or a drench should help your plants...good luck......shredder

hellow everyone i have been hanging around and learning and learning the edacut here and this will be my first post... and our first real grow... sorry it has to be about some sick girls... they are 3 pre 98 bubba kush 1 LA confidental and 1 grape crush..... they are in fox farms ocean forest soil.... using fox farm nutes.... and just started open sessame seince turning into flower..... they were veged for 28 days and have been into flower 1 week when over night these symptoms showed up... i have ruled out everything but a defishency of some sort or an burn of some sort other then the lights which have a glass bottom and are about 15 -18" away definatley not two close....they were on a 18-6 veg period and a 12-12 flower for a week now.....watering schedual was two waterings with nuets every 4 th day as the soil was dry about then and they would get a 1/2 gallon of water then on every 3 rd watering they would just get plain ph ed water with some white shark .... the ph is monatured and held at 6.3 all the time give or take 1 point. temps during veg were 77-80 and 70-75 for flowering.... the symptoms on all 3 strains are exactally the same... please take a look and and and advise if you would be so kind.... we truley hate to see or have any sick girls..... i am attaching some pics.... the first 4 are of the grape crush....... thanks in advance for all your help.... R n C

rest of pics in gallery.

post-21373-0-15448600-1297550943_thumb.jpg

post-21373-0-17312200-1297550944_thumb.jpg

post-21373-0-17873200-1297550947_thumb.jpg

post-21373-0-33534500-1297550948_thumb.jpg

hellow everyone i have been hanging around and learning and learning the edacut here and this will be my first post... and our first real grow... sorry it has to be about some sick girls... they are 3 pre 98 bubba kush 1 LA confidental and 1 grape crush..... they are in fox farms ocean forest soil.... using fox farm nutes.... and just started open sessame seince turning into flower..... they were veged for 28 days and have been into flower 1 week when over night these symptoms showed up... i have ruled out everything but a defishency of some sort or an burn of some sort other then the lights which have a glass bottom and are about 15 -18" away definatley not two close....they were on a 18-6 veg period and a 12-12 flower for a week now.....watering schedual was two waterings with nuets every 4 th day as the soil was dry about then and they would get a 1/2 gallon of water then on every 3 rd watering they would just get plain ph ed water with some white shark .... the ph is monatured and held at 6.3 all the time give or take 1 point. temps during veg were 77-80 and 70-75 for flowering.... the symptoms on all 3 strains are exactally the same... please take a look and and and advise if you would be so kind.... we truley hate to see or have any sick girls..... i am attaching some pics.... the first 4 are of the grape crush....... thanks in advance for all your help.... R n C

rest of pics in gallery now.

If I were you I would stick to the basic fox farm lines for your first go. IMO the additives like open sesame..cha ching..etc make it too easy to burn your plants..especially early in flower.

I would add some cal mag to your nutes as mentioned above start with 5 ml per gallon and move up from there. I would add a lil bit of the Grow Big too on your next watering. If you want to use the additives I would wait until week three or four as half the recommended dose.

Keep at it and don't panic. They will be be fine...its amazing the durability a weed has.

If I were you I would stick to the basic fox farm lines for your first go. IMO the additives like open sesame..cha ching..etc make it too easy to burn your plants..especially early in flower.

I would add some cal mag to your nutes as mentioned above start with 5 ml per gallon and move up from there. I would add a lil bit of the Grow Big too on your next watering. If you want to use the additives I would wait until week three or four as half the recommended dose.

Keep at it and don't panic. They will be be fine...its amazing the durability a weed has.

I agree the fox is hot we see it all the time on this site

"pH at 6.3 give or take 1 point" Meaning they could be at a 5.3? I had problems when my pH went that low in my soil. I keep it between 6-7.

I am under the understanding that you don't water until the soil is dry to a depth of ~2" then you water until it runs out of the bottom. I do this every time and my girls have no problems. The soil gets pretty dry between waterings for me.

I have also had problems with under feeding. I am amazed at the amount of nutes these things can take. I use General Hydroponics 3 part and they like it. I use 1 teaspoon/gallon as my measure for the 1-2-3 regimen (also add 1/8 tsp epsom salts) and I generally feed them every time I water. If they start looking too green I will skip one feeding. This is rare though.

I agree the fox is hot we see it all the time on this site

That is what I think too Bob. FF ocean forest has a nutrient charge. This charge could sustain a plant in a decent size (5+ gallon) pot for two months, or longer for a light feeder. If you add more go slowly, you can always step it up, you can't take it out, at least not easily. Ocean forest is pretty good on Ph though, and your using FF products, so i doubt ph is a problem, unless the water is way out of whack.

The most common mistakes with new or old for that matter are, too much water, too little water, too much nutes, too little nutes. That is just the basics. And over/under nutes look close to the same. Under watering and over watering looks close to the same, lockouts due to ph or nutrient overload, look just like difisencies, so that is where experience comes in. Second most common is the magnesium thing I theorized on earlier, that will commonly hit you early in flower, although it might start in late veg when you notice you leaf stems getting red. The red could be varietal though. It helps to take notes on your plants and grow them through several cycles to see what your plants will tell you. I think it is best to dial each strain in, before jumping all around. Try one strain with heavy nutes, and one light, takes notes and learn. Varietites can do different things under the same condtions, so it's tough to draw conclusions....shredder

thanks cannastyle had a master grower/genetesists here today and confirmed it was the open sesame he perscribed we have 14 strains and all but the 3 are doing fine....but he definatley confirmed a little burn from the opensesame ......they are looking better as of now .... thanks for replying and your help....

hi amish thanks for replying... i dhould have elaborated more the ph is always 6.2 or 6.3 or 6.4 ALWAYS hence the = or - yes we gheck the dirt to about 3-4 " down before we water and then only 1/2 gallon very rarley do we have any run off in the bottom tray if so its not even worth mentioning.... thanks again for your help

"pH at 6.3 give or take 1 point" Meaning they could be at a 5.3? I had problems when my pH went that low in my soil. I keep it between 6-7.

I am under the understanding that you don't water until the soil is dry to a depth of ~2" then you water until it runs out of the bottom. I do this every time and my girls have no problems. The soil gets pretty dry between waterings for me.

I have also had problems with under feeding. I am amazed at the amount of nutes these things can take. I use General Hydroponics 3 part and they like it. I use 1 teaspoon/gallon as my measure for the 1-2-3 regimen (also add 1/8 tsp epsom salts) and I generally feed them every time I water. If they start looking too green I will skip one feeding. This is rare though.

hi bubbleberrykush thanks for replying AS A MATTER OF FACT I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS CHIMED IN AND HELPED ... i cant tell you all what it has ment to us... actually most all the pots are green house variety from othet times ans other things all but 5 i think have the built on screw off bottom and the others have trays and there all 7 gallon pots... thanks again

seems like you are trying to do to much off the bat, trim back the affected leafs and make sure your PH before watering is correct.....also those pots that you are using look to be the ACE or ACO hardware $3.99 specials, you have to cut back on watering since the soil in these pots does not dry out as fast.

Archived