Seeing The "otherside"

A Dispensary isn't going to move in tons of felons looking to knock over the same place. As long as it is a clean, legit business that follows the laws, it is as safe as any other store someone might drive a distance to get to.

If your community is already safe, I highly doubt it would change much when a dispensary opened. All of the clients of this place are going to be passing through, not buying houses and staying.

I agree your problem is with the change and development, not anything to do with it being a dispensary.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will start by saying that I think that I am being interpeted the wrong way. I am far from any of the things you guys are claiming that I am. I will clarify something, it doesn't really matter what community this was attempting to come into, I wouldn't support it. However, when it is my own community, where I know how things operate, where I know the people, where I live...it hits home. So basically all of you that think it ONLY has to do with my community, you haven't read all of my words. I did point out I didn't want it in "my backyard", that my community means something to me and I did write that if it was happening in other communities that was their business. That dosen't mean that I think they are alright, operating as they are, ANYWHERE within our state. Its just when someone is attempting to open one in my own community, I can have a voice in it. I can have my say and be heard. I do not have statewide influence, but I do have community influence. I am addressing several posts at once so this is not directed at a single poster. As far as jobs go, this place has no intent of hiring anyone. Its a "one man show". So that point holds no merit. Not that it would neccessarily matter. The building the person is persuing is the size of my bathroom, I don't expect more than a few people would fit in it at once, so traffic is not really a concern either. I believe I came off the wrong way and I apologize for that, when writing it is hard to convey emotions and feeling and can be construed whichever way one deems. I hardly feel "self righteous" nor did I classify anyone in a "stoner" category. I used the word alcoholic in parentheses, to convey a point that someone else brought into the discussion. My husband could have easily fit into a "stoner" category years ago, if anyone could, some of my own family into the "alcoholic" category. I don't have a need to categorize people by anything besides their own actions. I was only using that term to point out something to someone else. (why I used parentheses)

I apologize to everyone that believes I am acting "above" anyone else. I don't need to go any further pointing out who or what I stand for, obviously my viewpoint is irrelevant. I suppose I did not think, had not medicated and should have known better than to post an opinion like this on here. I was only attempting to get peoples opinion on how to go about something WITHOUT shedding negative light on the MMJ community. I was open to hearing others opinions and am doing my best to not be close minded. I suppose I will do as I see fit and hope that I do it in a manner that is not damaging on a bigger scale without the input of others.

Annie - I am only addressing your comment by name, b/c I want to make sure you are not misinterpeting something. I do associate with a compassion club, I am simply a member, nothing more and this in no means reflects that clubs opinion on dispensaries. I drive over an hour to attend that club and the members do not live in the community this is taking place. I have friends in the club that do visit dispensaries, thats their business and I could care less where they obtain medicine, as long as they are able to obtain it. I do know their is another dispense opening over in that area, the one I am speaking of is not related.

The dispense attempting to open here is by a person that I assume (making this assumption lightly) is not very well educated in the law. He is misinforming people of the law or at least letting them walk away with concepts NOT allowed in the law. From what I understand, he plans to ONLY sell his own supply. (how that is possible I have no clue) Like I said that is said loosely, as these are the intents he is portraying to others, perhaps not his real intent.

As far as the law never intending these, thats what I was led to believe when I signed the original petition. Perhaps I was misinformed. Perhaps that was a perception they gave to have more signatures??

I am pretty confused at this point, perhaps I am not as educated on things as I believed. I will openly admit that. I do my best. The only attention I am seeing about dispensaries is definatly negative attention. Perhaps someone can shed some light on the positive attention these places bring. Perhaps someone can explain to me why we need these places. Can anyone NOT associated with a dispensary, that has one in their community explain to me what positives or what negatives this has brought. If I can understand this in a light where it could actually be beneficial perhaps my feelings may change. Not that it is anybodys responsibility to educate me on the subject, but left to my own deductions I only see negative here. I see many trying to "defend" the position of dispensaries, but on the same hand they aren't pointing out any benefits. (besides the obvious a place to purchase medication.)

If you have enough time to fight a dispensary, you also have enough time to get involved with it and make it into what you want it to be for your community. Some MM outlets have food drives for local residents and some pick up trash in local communities as well as having other community outreach programs.

You are absolutely right!! If I am passionate about a subject, I will find the time to devote to it!! I offer my hand in the community, with the compassion club I belong to and to anyone who needs my help.....I find the time!

I will start by saying that I think that I am being interpeted the wrong way. I am far from any of the things you guys are claiming that I am. I will clarify something, it doesn't really matter what community this was attempting to come into, I wouldn't support it. However, when it is my own community, where I know how things operate, where I know the people, where I live...it hits home. So basically all of you that think it ONLY has to do with my community, you haven't read all of my words. I did point out I didn't want it in "my backyard", that my community means something to me and I did write that if it was happening in other communities that was their business. That dosen't mean that I think they are alright, operating as they are, ANYWHERE within our state. Its just when someone is attempting to open one in my own community, I can have a voice in it. I can have my say and be heard. I do not have statewide influence, but I do have community influence. I am addressing several posts at once so this is not directed at a single poster. As far as jobs go, this place has no intent of hiring anyone. Its a "one man show". So that point holds no merit. Not that it would neccessarily matter. The building the person is persuing is the size of my bathroom, I don't expect more than a few people would fit in it at once, so traffic is not really a concern either. I believe I came off the wrong way and I apologize for that, when writing it is hard to convey emotions and feeling and can be construed whichever way one deems. I hardly feel "self righteous" nor did I classify anyone in a "stoner" category. I used the word alcoholic in parentheses, to convey a point that someone else brought into the discussion. My husband could have easily fit into a "stoner" category years ago, if anyone could, some of my own family into the "alcoholic" category. I don't have a need to categorize people by anything besides their own actions. I was only using that term to point out something to someone else. (why I used parentheses)

I apologize to everyone that believes I am acting "above" anyone else. I don't need to go any further pointing out who or what I stand for, obviously my viewpoint is irrelevant. I suppose I did not think, had not medicated and should have known better than to post an opinion like this on here. I was only attempting to get peoples opinion on how to go about something WITHOUT shedding negative light on the MMJ community. I was open to hearing others opinions and am doing my best to not be close minded. I suppose I will do as I see fit and hope that I do it in a manner that is not damaging on a bigger scale without the input of others.

Annie - I am only addressing your comment by name, b/c I want to make sure you are not misinterpeting something. I do associate with a compassion club, I am simply a member, nothing more and this in no means reflects that clubs opinion on dispensaries. I drive over an hour to attend that club and the members do not live in the community this is taking place. I have friends in the club that do visit dispensaries, thats their business and I could care less where they obtain medicine, as long as they are able to obtain it. I do know their is another dispense opening over in that area, the one I am speaking of is not related.

The dispense attempting to open here is by a person that I assume (making this assumption lightly) is not very well educated in the law. He is misinforming people of the law or at least letting them walk away with concepts NOT allowed in the law. From what I understand, he plans to ONLY sell his own supply. (how that is possible I have no clue) Like I said that is said loosely, as these are the intents he is portraying to others, perhaps not his real intent.

As far as the law never intending these, thats what I was led to believe when I signed the original petition. Perhaps I was misinformed. Perhaps that was a perception they gave to have more signatures??

I am pretty confused at this point, perhaps I am not as educated on things as I believed. I will openly admit that. I do my best. The only attention I am seeing about dispensaries is definatly negative attention. Perhaps someone can shed some light on the positive attention these places bring. Perhaps someone can explain to me why we need these places. Can anyone NOT associated with a dispensary, that has one in their community explain to me what positives or what negatives this has brought. If I can understand this in a light where it could actually be beneficial perhaps my feelings may change. Not that it is anybodys responsibility to educate me on the subject, but left to my own deductions I only see negative here. I see many trying to "defend" the position of dispensaries, but on the same hand they aren't pointing out any benefits. (besides the obvious a place to purchase medication.)

NorthernGal,

First off, I did take offense to your initial posts, but I'm glad to see you're willing to at least consider other viewpoints. I think your reaction to a dispensary opening in your town is the way many "outside" of the medical marijuana community would react, but it really surprised me hearing those arguments from a medical marijuana user herself.

Here is the way I think about it. Well run, professional dispensaries are CRITICAL for patients who don't have connections to acquire their medication or who aren't able or willing to grow their own. I think about my grandfather, who passed years ago due to a litany of health conditions, many many of which could have been eased tremendously with medical marijuana. My grandfather had never in his life smoked marijuana, didn't know anyone who did (except me, and he would have NEVER discussed marijuana with his grandchildren.) He would have definitely not been willing to grow his own (or able to once his Alzheimer's and dementia ramped up.) He couldn't use a computer or the internet. For someone like my grandfather, had medical marijuana been an option for him at that time, where would he have obtained this life saving medicine if there were NO dispensaries. The pat answer you'll get here is at a compassion club, but has he even been able to find one, he would never have thought about approaching some stranger to ask about getting marijuana.

Honestly, the only option that I could working for someone like my grandfather is a dispensary, a place where he could consistently and easily access medication.

Now, that being said, I've been to plenty of dispensaries here in MI that I wouldn't have wanted my Grandfather walking into. The issue isn't about dispensaries, per se, but about issues such as discretion, professionalism, and safety. The situation you describe would concern me as well if it were my backyard. But I'd encourage you to think through whether your concerns are with the idea of a dispensary itself, or with an uneducated, unscrupulous, careless person who intends to open the dispensary. Is your problem with dispensaries themselves, or with this PARTICULAR dispensary plan?

Dispensaries aren't the right choice for everyone, but I see them as a critical access point for many patients, and your early posts made it seem like you were against any and all dispensaries including this one. Perhaps you might rethink your ideas that all dispensaries are "bad"? There are dozens of them here in the Lansing area, and yes, occasionally one is the victim of crime. But, that incidence is no higher than any other business. And as to the good they do? Every dispensary owner I've talked has given away more free marijuana to needy patients than most of us will ever see in our lives. When the state refused to stand up to the feds and protect patient privacy (the feds were demanding the MDCH turn over confidential medical records) who stepped up, the MACC, a group of dispensary owners...just a few examples of the good they do.

The dispenses in the Traverse City area have been on the news more than once since opening. Traverse City is one of our biggest cities here in Northern Michigan, but that is quite a distance from us. We do not need negative media, we do not need more LEO covering our community, we do not need break-ins next door. My child, being a young teen walks with her friends to their homes or to the park...through the parking lot of this place. I am not claiming everyone operating or buying from a dispense is a "bad guy", far cry from it. BUT these places bring unwanted attention, unwanted people, crime and more LEO and that is not something most in our community want.

Many of the things you referenced can and do happen to businesses of all sorts. Nationwide, more than 1,800 pharmacies have been robbed over the past 3 years (or for those of you who don't want to do the math, that's 1 robbery per month, per state). Do you see folks saying, "I don't want a pharmacy moving into my neighborhood?" Check the link below for the whole story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/07/us/07pharmacies.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

The point is that you don't often read about pharmacies or mom & pop businesses being robbed or attracting undesirable elements. But they do. It just doesn't make as good of a headline compared to a dispensary or caregiver that becomes the victim.

LansingareaCG- Thank you for explaining your opinion to me. I respect the last post you made :) I will admit I see your point on the way my first posts came across. I was a bit "p.o'ed" at the time of posting and I can have a hard time differentiating my emotions from fact at times. It has been boiling all weekend and then I spoke to a "friend" this morning before my post, that ticked me off. I helped this person find a certification clinic, get some of the items he needed to grow, did my best to educate him on the law. I did this believing he was going to be a compassionate pt/cg and he "fed me" a good game. In our conversation about the dispensary opening, his true colors shined through. He said now he would not have to "seek out" pts to grow for, he could just sell to the dispensary to recoup his costs. I understand that works for some, BUT I personally did not spend several hours of my own time to educate someone, help them to get where they needed to be to become a pt/cg for him to grow for the dispensary. If he has overages that he wants to sell and the owner of the dispense realizes his own supply is not going to fly...then whatever I suppose. BUT to say that now he dosen't need to spend the time to get patients.....UGHHHH.

Now don't get me wrong, that is not where my whole position on dispensaries stems from. It just compounded the situation and brought out a frustration that I posed over to my already negative position on dispensaries.

Now to address what you have relayed. I can't say I totally disagree with the points you made. Perhaps I am basing my judgements on the negativity surrounding them and the intent of one person. This is all I have to go by. The comparisons used by some of the posters on this thread are ridiculous. You can not compare apples to potatoes just because they are both food. How can we place mmj into the same class as alcohol or the same class as even PERSCRIPTION medicine. Or a dispensary to a pharmacy. If we want our meds to be controlled by someone else then we might as well toss in the towel now and let them be controlled. I for one do NOT want that. Dispensaries are the only real complaint I am hearing from non-mmj users. Perhaps they to have been misinformed and are basing there judgements on the unscrupulous ones also. We are not in the city, we haven't seen much of this yet. The stuff we are getting is negative. Thus my opinions.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain things from a different standpoint respectfully. I think so many are so quick to defend, but yet offer no basis for their own opinion. How can anyone ever get a point across by insulting others, giving their own linited opinion, but yet offering no "rebuttal". I think I will reserve my decision to bring this up within my community until I understand it somewhat better. I can not say my opinions of this particular dispense being opened will change, but perhaps my judgement on dispensaries as a whole??

I thought the whole purpose of our law was to allow patients to grow their own or have a said CG grow it for them, not to open "Weed stores" next door to peoples home!!

I am sorry to those that seem to be upset by what I am saying. I do not mean any disrespect.

I sense that you are troubled by these thoughts, NorthernGal, and are looking for vindication or salvation here, so let me point out where the "war on drugs" has you by the short hairs. It is NOT a "weed store"! It is not a liquor store! It is not a drug den!

It IS a Pharmacy. It is a medical practice. It is a local produce market. It is hope! Stand up for what you know in your heart is right, even if it means taking one for the team...

Many of the things you referenced can and do happen to businesses of all sorts. Nationwide, more than 1,800 pharmacies have been robbed over the past 3 years (or for those of you who don't want to do the math, that's 1 robbery per month, per state). Do you see folks saying, "I don't want a pharmacy moving into my neighborhood?" Check the link below for the whole story:

http://www.nytimes.c...gewanted=1&_r=1

The point is that you don't often read about pharmacies or mom & pop businesses being robbed or attracting undesirable elements. But they do. It just doesn't make as good of a headline compared to a dispensary or caregiver that becomes the victim.

I totally understand this point. I was not claiming that they are robbed "more" than other businesses. We do not have robberies like you speak of commonly in our area. Although a few years ago a pharmacy was indeed broke into in the next town over and it was on the news! But pharmacies have been around for many of years and commonly accessible, they are also regulated by federal guidelines. Dispensaries on the other hand are not abundant up here and are not something that have been "accepted" for years, nor are they regulated in any way.

I sense that you are troubled by these thoughts, NorthernGal, and are looking for vindication or salvation here, so let me point out where the "war on drugs" has you by the short hairs. It is NOT a "weed store"! It is not a liquor store! It is not a drug den!

It IS a Pharmacy. It is a medical practice. It is a local produce market. It is hope! Stand up for what you know in your heart is right, even if it means taking one for the team...

Indeed I am troubled. I do not desire conflict. I do not desire going "against" anything positive for the mmj community. I brought my "trouble" to the mmj community seeking something....perhaps not salvation or vindication, but perhaps a way to do things that will not damage us as a whole. I don't know what I was thinking! I was not seeking approval, just the right way to handle what I believe to be a conflict, without damaging anything else. I should have realized that an answer is not to be had. I am deeply saddened that I am getting to a point, where the more I learn, the less passion I feel and the more discouragement sets in. I do not want to get to a point where I believe all was for naught. I have complete "faith" in the herb, its people I am beginning to wonder about. I never thought I would say that, very discouraging.

As far as my statement of of being a "weed store", (why I put it in parentheses) I do not typically use terms like those, but thats what the community is calling it. Thats the view they have on it. But I also can not look at it exactly like a pharmacy. There are no other "legal" outlets for perscription medications, the FDA controls it all. I can honestly say if it comes to that with mmj, there is no point of being a "registered" patient. I personally would not pay their prices and as with prescription medications, I would be forced to go without or obtain them illegally. (I do not obtain prescriptions illegally - that statement was relevant to going without)

i understand your delema. Keep in mind, while we fought to get MMJ legalized for patients, a large part of that was in opposition to a Dispensery.

Here in Mi, we DID NOT want to have dispenserys on any corner, let alone every one. While a Dispensery can make it easy for those Pts with mobile disabilities, as well as anyone looking for some medicine, the same can be had from a qualified CG. Im willing to be most CGs would deliver as well to those in need.

impo, Dispenserys (atleast at this point in time) are indeed a blackeye factor.

Dispenserys are Bars, difference instead of alcohol, you have MMJ, instead of a license saying your 21, you have a Pt/CG card. other than than the similarities are much the same. And in todays Age, not many bars have the same community Stigma they once had. SO Dispenserys will draw un needed and/or unWarrented attention to the MMMA of 08, attention that wont be all that well recieved imo.

While MMJ needs to remain legal, we need to show, Dispenserys, while ok for some Legalized MMJ states, are not wanted, needed, or desired here in Michigan.

Tim .. I have the data.

The question of what percentage of Michigan voters would accept our system, AS IT EXISTS TODAY, has been answered.

Over 60% of registered voters would vote yes for our system as it exists today.

So whatever may or may not have accepted on 11/4/2008 doesn't matter any more. What matters is what do they think today.

So if you intend to rewrite the mmj law in Michigan, I'll point our you are working for the minority of voters in Michigan.

IOW .. you have an uphill fight.

Tim .. I have the data.

The question of what percentage of Michigan voters would accept our system, AS IT EXISTS TODAY, has been answered.

Over 60% of registered voters would vote yes for our system as it exists today.

Can you tell me where this information was derived from?? I, nor any of my voting aquaintances were asked such a question.

Northerngal;

If you want help keeping a dispensary out of your area, there would be several groups of people that would be happy to help.

Law enforcement

politicians

religious leaders

A small percentage of our community would help also.

It sounds like you propose to sell your home, of many years, at a possible loss to avoid living in the same area as the dispensary.

Perhaps you might think about saving a lot of work and pay the folks off. Probably cost less and take a lot less work.

Take the amount you would lose on the home and offer it to those folks to just stay away.

I have addressed my concerns above. These are things I am seeing daily in communities with dispensaries, judge supported or not. We do indeed have several churches and all of them are within a few blocks from my home. I suppose I do not see how raising my child near those churches has done anything besides enrich her life!! I will not get into a debate over the subject of religion, I spent 2 years of my life studying just about every kind of religion known to man. My beliefs on that subject are obviously irrelevant to the opening of a dispensary. Has our gas station ever been broken into by someone seeking beer...NO! Does our gas station bring people and media from all over the state....heck no! Does our gas station offer needed services to our community besides for the alcholics...of course. Have we ever had a need for LEO to patrol our streets daily due to the gas station....no. How many drunk drivers have been arrested within a few blocks from my home in the past 3 years.....one.

To finish off my response. I am not a follower, never have been. My thoughts, words and observations have nothing to do with the anti-mmj crowd.

Im sorry but i kinda take offense when you say you don want your kids cutting thru the dispenses parking lot, like i asked earlier, do you not like what people look like that use weed?

Look in the mirror darlin! cause that is the kinda people your children are going to see there! You act like they are putting in a methadone clinic! I kinda wish you got denied your rite to use mm, your trying to deny others that right!

You sound like a very confused person, you kinda sound like a judge who stops off for drinks everyday on the way home from work, and the next morning you put people in jail for the very thing you do!

Peace :blink:

FTW

Jim

Northerngal;

If you want help keeping a dispensary out of your area, there would be several groups of people that would be happy to help.

Law enforcement

politicians

religious leaders

A small percentage of our community would help also.

It sounds like you propose to sell your home, of many years, at a possible loss to avoid living in the same area as the dispensary.

Perhaps you might think about saving a lot of work and pay the folks off. Probably cost less and take a lot less work.

Take the amount you would lose on the home and offer it to those folks to just stay away.

I believe the percentage of the mmj community would be greater than you believe. Although perhaps not within this website community. Not everyone in the mmj community is even aware that these websites/forums exist. I do not have a bad outlook on ALL LEO nor religious leaders, some are indeed friends and fellow patients! Just like the defense people are posing on dispensaries, there are good and bad ones! I don't think I ever said I would SELL my home, I believe I said I would move. As far as paying anyone off, I will leave that to the people dealing with the politicians. I have no need to pay anyone off. If I choose to fight this battle, I have no need to pay anyone off to win! In a small community that is run "somewhat properly", you only need the voice of the majority in the community!

Then post it. Or is it private information? Without posting, it is nothing more than hearsay.

I already posted it a couple of days ago.

There will be a press release issued soon. Most likely by national MPP.

It's funny. Most people want to see the information, yet few would be willing to pay for it.

Most folks just want to guess the worst.

Well to be honest, we don't have any of the named things above in our community. We don't have a liquor store, although our gas station carries some alcoholic beverages. We don't have a drug store. As I said we are a small community. My family chose this community years ago for those reasons. Over half of our residents were born and raised here. We still have those places within 10 miles, if needed, but not in our faces. In the community I live in crime is hardly an issue. Of course we have teenagers that break into cabins, someone that decides to shoot a deer on the off season, a drunk passing through. We might have an arson every 10-15 years. We don't have police patrolling our steets, you may see a cop car pass through checking on things occasionally. Personally, having family and friends in law enforcement, I do not fear the LEO in our community. I have had LEO in my home, sharing my food as my friends and have discussed my use of MMJ. We have not had anyone arrested for MMJ in our county since the iniative passed, not a legal cardholder abiding by law.

The dispenses in the Traverse City area have been on the news more than once since opening. Traverse City is one of our biggest cities here in Northern Michigan, but that is quite a distance from us. We do not need negative media, we do not need more LEO covering our community, we do not need break-ins next door. My child, being a young teen walks with her friends to their homes or to the park...through the parking lot of this place. I am not claiming everyone operating or buying from a dispense is a "bad guy", far cry from it. BUT these places bring unwanted attention, unwanted people, crime and more LEO and that is not something most in our community want. We have lived a pretty peaceful existance and we prefer to keep it that way. If people want to open dispensaries and provide a service to people, fine......but not next door to my home, not in a residential area. Our county was one of those that was split, there was not a huge margin in the voting. If a dispensary is opened in our community, my words and health will no longer be enough to help persuade anyone here that MMJ is not a DRUG. We have alot of very "simple" people here (not an insult by any means), if they are shown that something is positive and benefitting members of the community they will do what they can to help. If they see that the same thing, although helping some in the community, is bringing a negative light to the community they will not stand for it. It might be a small community that stands by their long term residents, but no amount of money or talk will "make things right" if a dispensary brings the things that they have been shown to bring. (as mentioned above)

I know this thread and my words are not going to be gaining me any friends...may even lose a few here on the board. But I truly am looking for the appropriate way to go about this without shedding any negative light on the MMJ community.

Perhaps Gangawarrior you can explain to me why I should be happy that this place is going to attempt to open next door. What benefits can it offer? How is it going to benefit our community in anyway? I am open to hearing a different side. Perhaps I am missing something??

sorry i had too

Im sorry but i kinda take offense when you say you don want your kids cutting thru the dispenses parking lot, like i asked earlier, do you not like what people look like that use weed?

Look in the mirror darlin! cause that is the kinda people your children are going to see there! You act like they are putting in a methadone clinic! I kinda wish you got denied your rite to use mm, your trying to deny others that right!

You sound like a very confused person, you kinda sound like a judge who stops off for drinks everyday on the way home from work, and the next morning you put people in jail for the very thing you do!

Peace :blink:

FTW

Jim

:goodjob:

Peace

FTW

Jim

I did not mean it in a respect of whom she may see.....perhaps more like a stray bullet hitting an unintended target. I have educated my daughter to the fact our world is made up of all types, not everyone can be as beautiful as she is inside :) It has nothing to do with the looks of anyone period. Beauty is skin deep, I prefer to look at peoples actions and motives rather than how they look. I have worked with all types and respect everyone until they disrespect me. You have obviously never seen my husband nor I, neither of us have physical beauty on our side. I like to believe I have a light that outshines the need for physical beauty, but that may just be wishful thinking.

I am sorry you wish I was denied the right to MMJ. You would need to rewrite the whole law to accomplish that. I qualify under more than one of the specified diseases within the law. (and thats without even opening the whole chronic pain or nausea "can of worms".)

I would like you to explain to me how I am trying to deny anyone the use of MMJ? Please, please explain.

Kinda funny on the judge thing.....I love the law and the study of law.....never know where I might end up somewhere waaaayyyyy down the line :) As far as alcohol goes though, I rarely touch the stuff. I have seen how many lives have been affected and poisoned by it, besides the fact my digestive system can not process it normally. (not to even mention how it exasperates my health issues)

Now with the confusion aspect Jim...If you read my posts, how they are intended, you would see I admit to being confused about this whole thing. As far as confusion with life....nah, I have no mental illnesses, no dementia. Life and my place in it is of no confusion. I am clear as to who I am and who I want to be. Then again, medical marijuana is just that to me.....an herb used medicinally to better my quality of life. Nothing more, nothing less. It is not my sole reason for existance. It helps enable an existance I choose to be proud of :)

I hope that my daughter grows up to be 10x the person I see in the mirror. But just so we are clear, I have no issues with the person that stares back at me. I will always strive to be better and if I ever give that up, my life will have little meaning :)

I hired a professional firm to conduct a proper survey of likely voters in Michigan.

It cost $650 to ask one single question.

I think you might ask for your money back. (no disrespect intended) I can't imagine how it is supposed to represent the opinion of the population of voters. How does it derive these numbers, by polling a couple hundred people? Perhaps only from certain populations and counties? I am sorry, I have yet to look at the link, which I fully intend on doing. But no matter what it says I have a hard time "swallowing" this number when not one voter out of the hundreds I know have ever been asked that question, since the law passed. I am not doubting you paid a company to do a "study" for you, not at all. I am doubting the accuracy of those numbers the company provided you with. I will say I don't have an issue with what the law says, I suppose the issue is within the interpetation of some.

Archived