Seeing The "otherside"

Pb is right. We have the people. We must inform the people what is happening. I honestly believe once the people understand the abuse we are taking to protect their vote, they will come to our aid. Jones has this year to do what he's going to do. Then it's re-election time. We must make the Senators in his party understand that if they persecute us, it will cost them the election. We are already starting our voter registration drive. We are not only registering voters, but we will be giving them rides to the polls. If we can register a few voters in key districts, we can boot the bums out. With all the problems this state has. I'm sure the voters will not appreciate all the time that has been wasted solving non-issues. The fight is on. Thanks, Bb

Please note .. as I'm sure others "in the know" have ..

The difference between the Rick Snyder vote and the Bill Schuette vote.

Six percent .. That is how much the marijuana vote cost Bill Schuette.

How many of these politicians think they can afford to toss six percent of the vote away?

Yes .. we need to educate them.

Press release will be out soon.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm over it. Off my soapbox. Had a great lengthy discussion with someone I could consider a mentor in the MMJ community. I have concluded that I will see how it goes. If it ends up being problematic, I will then do what is neccessary to get them out. If it can exist as a peaceful business within the community, without the issues I hear about with others, so be it. I will admit, I jumped the gun. I am more educated than that and should know better. I was just very frustrated, as this was not what I voted for or educated people on. BUT if its what the majority wants, who I am to stand in the way. I was informed that there would be enough locals that are anti-mmj that will oppose it. Although I do not support the dispensary system at this time, if I see the "battle" turn around and be an anti-mmj thing, not an anti-dispensary thing, the "war" is on! (WAR and BATTLE are both in parentheses, not intended to mean an act of violence for those that will continue "running me over the coals")

Just as a matter of awareness.... I did not back down from this because several of you voiced your displeasure. Nor did I do it because I felt I needed to "conform". I don't need to make friends here, although I don't care to make enemies either. I learned some things that I was not aware of, learned I did not need to put my neck on the chopping block yet and learned its not worth buying problems that may not occur.

I also realized I was not completely honest with my motives either, although I didn't realize that until this morning. Something I despise in others. Suppose I feel the "need" to come clean. I worked hard within my community to gain respect and to be taken seriously as an MMJ patient and not a "stoner". (my worst fear) I have shown the people here that a person using mmj for medicinal purposes does not fit their "stereotype". I am a clean, well dressed, well spoken, respectful individual. I function in local society as an asset, not a hinderance. I do my part within the community and help whomever I can. My community knows this, I have worked hard to show them. I did not want all that to be "up in smoke" because some "unscupulous" individual opens a dispensary, supplies mmj to patients and does not educate those patients. (among other possible issues.) Education is a key thing with me. The more people understand something, like mmj, the less they fear it. I have learned in my area it takes ALOT more than words for people to understand intent and people are VERY distrustful and leary of "outsiders". I am one of those people, unfortuantely I realized how much with this thread. I plan to work on that :)

I am sorry to anyone I offended with my words. That was never my intent. I did learn a few other things with this thread. The majority of people I have met on this forum are awesome people that I am glad to know. There are others I would be ashamed to associate with. The lack of dignity and respect in your posts make one want to run from this website, not attempt to learn the reasons behind your words. I never meant to make anyone feel disrespected, that is not how I live life. If I were to have rebutted with insulting behavior, I would expect to be treated in that way. I was really seeking answers on how to do something I thought neccessary in a way that would not damage our law as a whole. I was willing to look at others opinions and try to view it from a different standpoint. I have learned my lesson. I have also learned that I need to continue to reread things dozens of times before I post, so they are not misconstrued or provide a better explanation of my thoughts.

Thank you to all those that shared their viewpoints constructively without disrespect and insults!! I appreciate it!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

The applause isn't for your change in opinion, but for your willingness to have your initial opinions challenged. There is no way we'll all agree on everything, but the willingness and ability to look at things from outside our own narrow viewpoints is critical to a peaceful and positive society. No fault for your initial gut reaction, or for expressing it here, but much respect for your openness to other views. Now, if we could just get the rest of people in society to do the same...:rolleyes:

I have decided to speak with him and see what his intentions are directly :) I do indeed know of the person. He is newer to our area, so I do not know him on a personal level. I have had a few discussions with him, unrelated to mmj. But I have decided that is my first "move". I am basing his intentions on what he is relaying to others and we know how that can get turned around. If it were someone that had been part of the community for any amount of time, they would know the position most in the community hold. He is very limited on where he has the ability to open up here. The few open building are either owned by my family or by people they would never rent for those purposes. After talking with some people tonight, they believe the issue can be solved without resorting to "airing it" to the council. Thank you for your suggestions!! I don't expect you to answer this on an open forum, but your grandpa's bait shop wasn't within the northern most county in the lower penisula by chance? My husband had friends growing up thats grandparents owned a bait shop and lived next door!! I read the comment to him and he says...hmmmm perhaps thats my old friend "so and so". I told him it is irrelevant, but he disagreed and insisted I ask :)

. Yeppers 25 miles south of the bridge. I don't mind answering that. I grew up south of Chicago but when I was not in school I was in a boat in the northern lower.

I'm over it. Off my soapbox. Had a great lengthy discussion with someone I could consider a mentor in the MMJ community. I have concluded that I will see how it goes. If it ends up being problematic, I will then do what is neccessary to get them out. If it can exist as a peaceful business within the community, without the issues I hear about with others, so be it. I will admit, I jumped the gun. I am more educated than that and should know better. I was just very frustrated, as this was not what I voted for or educated people on. BUT if its what the majority wants, who I am to stand in the way. I was informed that there would be enough locals that are anti-mmj that will oppose it. Although I do not support the dispensary system at this time, if I see the "battle" turn around and be an anti-mmj thing, not an anti-dispensary thing, the "war" is on! (WAR and BATTLE are both in parentheses, not intended to mean an act of violence for those that will continue "running me over the coals")

Just as a matter of awareness.... I did not back down from this because several of you voiced your displeasure. Nor did I do it because I felt I needed to "conform". I don't need to make friends here, although I don't care to make enemies either. I learned some things that I was not aware of, learned I did not need to put my neck on the chopping block yet and learned its not worth buying problems that may not occur.

I also realized I was not completely honest with my motives either, although I didn't realize that until this morning. Something I despise in others. Suppose I feel the "need" to come clean. I worked hard within my community to gain respect and to be taken seriously as an MMJ patient and not a "stoner". (my worst fear) I have shown the people here that a person using mmj for medicinal purposes does not fit their "stereotype". I am a clean, well dressed, well spoken, respectful individual. I function in local society as an asset, not a hinderance. I do my part within the community and help whomever I can. My community knows this, I have worked hard to show them. I did not want all that to be "up in smoke" because some "unscupulous" individual opens a dispensary, supplies mmj to patients and does not educate those patients. (among other possible issues.) Education is a key thing with me. The more people understand something, like mmj, the less they fear it. I have learned in my area it takes ALOT more than words for people to understand intent and people are VERY distrustful and leary of "outsiders". I am one of those people, unfortuantely I realized how much with this thread. I plan to work on that :)

I am sorry to anyone I offended with my words. That was never my intent. I did learn a few other things with this thread. The majority of people I have met on this forum are awesome people that I am glad to know. There are others I would be ashamed to associate with. The lack of dignity and respect in your posts make one want to run from this website, not attempt to learn the reasons behind your words. I never meant to make anyone feel disrespected, that is not how I live life. If I were to have rebutted with insulting behavior, I would expect to be treated in that way. I was really seeking answers on how to do something I thought neccessary in a way that would not damage our law as a whole. I was willing to look at others opinions and try to view it from a different standpoint. I have learned my lesson. I have also learned that I need to continue to reread things dozens of times before I post, so they are not misconstrued or provide a better explanation of my thoughts.

Thank you to all those that shared their viewpoints constructively without disrespect and insults!! I appreciate it!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

The applause isn't for your change in opinion, but for your willingness to have your initial opinions challenged. There is no way we'll all agree on everything, but the willingness and ability to look at things from outside our own narrow viewpoints is critical to a peaceful and positive society. No fault for your initial gut reaction, or for expressing it here, but much respect for your openness to other views. Now, if we could just get the rest of people in society to do the same...:rolleyes:

ad hoc 3MA :)

I am glad that you shared your issue with your/our community here and have chosen a plan of action that you are comfortable with.

I do hope it all works out to the best for all involved. I wonder if you could talk with him, educate him, help him to become a positive

contribution to your community. Maybe he would be willing to go the 'extra mile' to be much more to your community than 'just' a

dispensary. It may be a great way for those patients and caregivers in your area to have safe reliable access closer to home. Possibly

you could speak with him about a business plan more like a CC or a market so it could become very community oriented. If he wants

to keep his shop open, I might think he would understand your concerns and be willing to work with the community to become a necsesary

and respected business therein. It would be in his best interest if he wants to stay in business after all.

Best of luck.

I gained a lot of respect for you northerngal.

I also, learned a great many things on this thread.

Thank you

I did not mean it in a respect of whom she may see.....perhaps more like a stray bullet hitting an unintended target. I have educated my daughter to the fact our world is made up of all types, not everyone can be as beautiful as she is inside :) It has nothing to do with the looks of anyone period. Beauty is skin deep, I prefer to look at peoples actions and motives rather than how they look. I have worked with all types and respect everyone until they disrespect me. You have obviously never seen my husband nor I, neither of us have physical beauty on our side. I like to believe I have a light that outshines the need for physical beauty, but that may just be wishful thinking.

I am sorry you wish I was denied the right to MMJ. You would need to rewrite the whole law to accomplish that. I qualify under more than one of the specified diseases within the law. (and thats without even opening the whole chronic pain or nausea "can of worms".)

I would like you to explain to me how I am trying to deny anyone the use of MMJ? Please, please explain.

Kinda funny on the judge thing.....I love the law and the study of law.....never know where I might end up somewhere waaaayyyyy down the line :) As far as alcohol goes though, I rarely touch the stuff. I have seen how many lives have been affected and poisoned by it, besides the fact my digestive system can not process it normally. (not to even mention how it exasperates my health issues)

Now with the confusion aspect Jim...If you read my posts, how they are intended, you would see I admit to being confused about this whole thing. As far as confusion with life....nah, I have no mental illnesses, no dementia. Life and my place in it is of no confusion. I am clear as to who I am and who I want to be. Then again, medical marijuana is just that to me.....an herb used medicinally to better my quality of life. Nothing more, nothing less. It is not my sole reason for existance. It helps enable an existance I choose to be proud of :)

I hope that my daughter grows up to be 10x the person I see in the mirror. But just so we are clear, I have no issues with the person that stares back at me. I will always strive to be better and if I ever give that up, my life will have little meaning :)

I was hoping you didnt have a problem with the person that stares back at you in the mirror. that is why i said it, look I wouldnt be happy if I bought a house and a gas station opened up next door to me, the nasty smell all the time, the noise, I understand why some business are not wanted, every business is a target for any thief, you may not have many thiefs in your town other than the teens who need to grow up, but that dont mean bad people dont come thru your town, and dont mean they wont rob your gas station that helps so many people,

I dont realy care much for dispense because of there pricing, other than that, I dont realy care if some one needs to use one go for it, if they want to pay that kind a money so be it, I realy wouldnt mind a dispense popping up next door to me, I dont beleive people should be able to medicate out in the parking lot of these places, jsut like people shouldnt drink in beer store parking lots, or use there oxci's in the drug store parking lot!

I personaly wont go to a c.c meeting because I beleive they are targets for leo, and I truly dont know why anyone needs a c.c that has a place to medicate with others, they dont have pill taking rooms at na or drinking rooms at aa do they? why on earth would anyone promote a mm smoking facility unless it was some kind of lodge that you were not going to be driving home from after medicating,,plain and simple it is against the law to drive impaired, Impaired from anything, booze, pills, weed, sniffing glue!

I was in a pain managment program yrs ago that had me doing therapy with other pt's living disabled, that was not a good session, everyone in there just told ya what to move up to when you get used to the meds your on, they only talked of neg things and it was not any good for my self therapy! it jsut made me madder, I dont need to learn all the drugs in the world so i can be pain free, I need to live off of drugs and learn to be pain free, in mind and body!

sorry, I got lost there!

any how I seriously would rather have a dispense than a bakery next to me! I just hope one day that our only legal option to get mm isnt from a drug store! or gov run dispense!

Peace

FTW

Jim

edit= leo likes bakerys to much lol! :rolleyes:

LansingCG and Imiubu - Thank you both for your respectful posts! I appreciate your input and value your opinions! (I value any opinion when it is spoken respectfully)

Phaq- I get what your saying too :) I respect the fact you speak your mind. I think you misinterpreted some of the things I said and I am sorry for that.

Big J- I bet you and my hubby do infact know one another! The town you speak of, is undoubtedly the one my hubby was born and raised in :) He says there was more than one set of grandchildren that came to visit and a few that lived there for short times. Small world we live in!

Deliverydave and amish4ganja - I think I addressed your points previously in my posting to others.

To anyone I may have missed - I have been very sickly the last day or so and have a pretty high temp, making my brain very cloudy and muddled. My thinking is not focused and clear at this time. I believe I addressed my concluding thoughts on this issue in my previous post.

I think the church comment was aimed at the stain on the catholic's morals in question.....How could anyone trust a pedofile?? Just sayin my comment sounded a little like yours in the respect that you CANNOT believe what people tell you just what common sense says.. EVERYONES biased.

I have addressed my concerns above. These are things I am seeing daily in communities with dispensaries, judge supported or not. We do indeed have several churches and all of them are within a few blocks from my home. I suppose I do not see how raising my child near those churches has done anything besides enrich her life!! I will not get into a debate over the subject of religion, I spent 2 years of my life studying just about every kind of religion known to man. My beliefs on that subject are obviously irrelevant to the opening of a dispensary. Has our gas station ever been broken into by someone seeking beer...NO! Does our gas station bring people and media from all over the state....heck no! Does our gas station offer needed services to our community besides for the alcholics...of course. Have we ever had a need for LEO to patrol our streets daily due to the gas station....no. How many drunk drivers have been arrested within a few blocks from my home in the past 3 years.....one.

To finish off my response. I am not a follower, never have been. My thoughts, words and observations have nothing to do with the anti-mmj crowd.

Exactly, Different strokes for different folks. Everyones got a critic.

I was hoping you didnt have a problem with the person that stares back at you in the mirror. that is why i said it, look I wouldnt be happy if I bought a house and a gas station opened up next door to me, the nasty smell all the time, the noise, I understand why some business are not wanted, every business is a target for any thief, you may not have many thiefs in your town other than the teens who need to grow up, but that dont mean bad people dont come thru your town, and dont mean they wont rob your gas station that helps so many people,

I dont realy care much for dispense because of there pricing, other than that, I dont realy care if some one needs to use one go for it, if they want to pay that kind a money so be it, I realy wouldnt mind a dispense popping up next door to me, I dont beleive people should be able to medicate out in the parking lot of these places, jsut like people shouldnt drink in beer store parking lots, or use there oxci's in the drug store parking lot!

I personaly wont go to a c.c meeting because I beleive they are targets for leo, and I truly dont know why anyone needs a c.c that has a place to medicate with others, they dont have pill taking rooms at na or drinking rooms at aa do they? why on earth would anyone promote a mm smoking facility unless it was some kind of lodge that you were not going to be driving home from after medicating,,plain and simple it is against the law to drive impaired, Impaired from anything, booze, pills, weed, sniffing glue!

I was in a pain managment program yrs ago that had me doing therapy with other pt's living disabled, that was not a good session, everyone in there just told ya what to move up to when you get used to the meds your on, they only talked of neg things and it was not any good for my self therapy! it jsut made me madder, I dont need to learn all the drugs in the world so i can be pain free, I need to live off of drugs and learn to be pain free, in mind and body!

sorry, I got lost there!

any how I seriously would rather have a dispense than a bakery next to me! I just hope one day that our only legal option to get mm isnt from a drug store! or gov run dispense!

Peace

FTW

Jim

edit= leo likes bakerys to much lol! :rolleyes:

First of all I would like to say thanks for the post. I know you have been curious about the dispenceries now you can go across the street and see.....j/k...lol

What I really wanted to say is that I have been on both sides of the fence here. When I first got involved I didn't know where to go to get my meds and really wasn't sure what strains would work best for me. I did not know a lot of people growing at that time either. I was left like a lot of others that have a fixed income and not a lot of options. Then I learned about the dispenceries in Traverse City. I think that they do have their place here to help others in the same position. Now I'm not saying that they should take over, I hope that they don't. However when I went to the dispencery I found the strains that I liked and knew what seeds I would have to aquire to properly manage my pain. Also while I was there I found some bath salt that I bought and passed samples to almost all my friends. It worked very well for all that have tried it, and without the bath salt I would never get a decent nights sleep. Some of my friends that have tried it have VERY SEVERE PAIN and it helped them get a whole nights sleep too. Now I know that not everyone feels the way I do about dispenceries.I even found that we had a post about us going to a dispencery and there were people that were very upset that we were shopping at one. I was not mad nor happy over the post because it was just our personal friends venting. They don't agree with my opinion on this subject which is their right,as was mine to shop there. Where else can you go and get free samples and mmj by the gram? The farmers markets that are around are very private and I have found that it is also by invitation only. It took a long time before we were invited to one. Now that I have been there of course I will be back to them, but I still have to go to Traverse City to get my bath salts. Farmers markets are great but there are so few of them around here that peoples options are limited to their environment. I have been to the dispencery and know the how it helped me and I hope that it can help others too. I also understand that people are worried that if the dispenceries get to much business we may lose our grow rights.

I also understand the concern about kids in the neighborhood and the traffic,But I think that maybe within a discussion with the owner you may be able to voice your concerns and possibly come to some mutual agreement on the matter.I hope that all works out for you. I hope that you feel better soon.Give me a call sometime.

This is just my opinion on the matter and I do not expect anyone to agree. It's just my opinion.

We should all just be medicated and relax. :huh:

sorry for any mis spellings....lol

Archived