State Says My Card Has Expired I'm Now Not Protected

'Your current registry ID card will continue to remain active until 60 days past the current expiration date. You should receive your new registry ID card within that time depending on the date we received your renewal application."

Well its 60 days past my cards expiration date no renewal cards and according to the email I now have no protection since LEO refuses to accept paperwork.

One other point. I didn't receive my renewal packet from the state until the week before the cards expired. Thankfully I didn't wait for them to send me one and I got renewal applications from here. MDCH/MMMP need to get their sh1t together with a quickness!

Can we file some kind of complaint for failure to perform their assigned duties! I'm sure we have plenty of out of work office admins who would enjoy a cushy state job where you don't have to do your job to get paid or suffer any consequences if your failed actions result in someone going to jail, or worse!!!

WTF !!!!!!!

rom: BHP-MMMPINFO <BHP-MMMPINFO@michigan.gov>

To: EdwardGlen@xxxxxxx xxx

Sent: Mon, February 14, 2011 9:15:36 AM

Subject: RE: My Card

Renewal applications are approved or denied within 15 days of receipt. If denied, the patient will receive a certified letter from the State of Michigan explaining the reasons and what to do next.

Once it has been 20 days since the date the check or money order has been cashed, and if the patient has not received a certified letter of denial from the State, then in most cases, the patient (and if a caregiver was designated on the application) has been approved. (cashed money order no denial)

Your current registry ID card will continue to remain active until 60 days past the current expiration date. You should receive your new registry ID card within that time depending on the date we received your renewal application. (My card expired Dec 1st)

This information is based on the assumption you have submitted your renewal on a renewal application and not an original application. If you submitted your renewal on an original application, your application has been filed with all other original applications to be processed. You will need to let us know that it was submitted on the wrong form in order for us to search for the application. (Renewal applications were submitted)

I hope this information is helpful. For further information or to view status updates, please visit our website at www.michigan.gov/mmp.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email message, including any attachments, from the Michigan Department of Community Health is intended solely for the use of the above named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution of any confidential and/or privileged information contained in this email is expressly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy any and all of the original message.

'Your current registry ID card will continue to remain active until 60 days past the current expiration date. You should receive your new registry ID card within that time depending on the date we received your renewal application."

Well its 60 days past my cards expiration date no renewal cards and according to the email I now have no protection since LEO refuses to accept paperwork.

One other point. I didn't receive my renewal packet from the state until the week before the cards expired. Thankfully I didn't wait for them to send me one and I got renewal applications from here. MDCH/MMMP need to get their sh1t together with a quickness!

Can we file some kind of complaint for failure to perform their assigned duties! I'm sure we have plenty of out of work office admins who would enjoy a cushy state job where you don't have to do your job to get paid or suffer any consequences if your failed actions result in someone going to jail, or worse!!!

WTF !!!!!!!

rom: BHP-MMMPINFO <BHP-MMMPINFO@michigan.gov>

To: EdwardGlen@xxxxxxx xxx

Sent: Mon, February 14, 2011 9:15:36 AM

Subject: RE: My Card

Renewal applications are approved or denied within 15 days of receipt. If denied, the patient will receive a certified letter from the State of Michigan explaining the reasons and what to do next.

Once it has been 20 days since the date the check or money order has been cashed, and if the patient has not received a certified letter of denial from the State, then in most cases, the patient (and if a caregiver was designated on the application) has been approved. (cashed money order no denial)

Your current registry ID card will continue to remain active until 60 days past the current expiration date. You should receive your new registry ID card within that time depending on the date we received your renewal application. (My card expired Dec 1st)

This information is based on the assumption you have submitted your renewal on a renewal application and not an original application. If you submitted your renewal on an original application, your application has been filed with all other original applications to be processed. You will need to let us know that it was submitted on the wrong form in order for us to search for the application. (Renewal applications were submitted)

I hope this information is helpful. For further information or to view status updates, please visit our website at www.michigan.gov/mmp.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email message, including any attachments, from the Michigan Department of Community Health is intended solely for the use of the above named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution of any confidential and/or privileged information contained in this email is expressly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy any and all of the original message.

WOW i know you are Pis*ed go get then Ed i know how you like to write/E-mail let us know how we can help and don't worry to much you will be OK they are after us to are court day is soon i have a feeling hope tp see a lot of people their

I am confused Trix, you ARE going to renew right?

The MMMA requires the card if you want its protection. Renewal is required every year.

I also got my RENEWAL packet 30 days before it expired, and the letter inside said I would recieve the packet 60 days before expiration.

Did the new Doc's Rec, did the MDCH cert letter and already got my cashed check - who needs the expired MDCH card, when I am legal with the paperwork after 21 days of check cashed? I figure this is the "paperwork is the card, until you recieve it".

At the MOCC event - we did not accept "MDCH said the card is good for 60 days after" - we required them to show proof they submitted a renewal, new doc's rec, new check cashed. - That way - it shows the patient did intend to be a patient after the expiration..

-DN

I am confused Trix, you ARE going to renew right?

The MMMA requires the card if you want its protection. Renewal is required every year.

-DN

I'm not sure DN, I understand we promote "get the card stay legal", I haven't smoked since Oct-Nov, since I was arrested for "not having my card" I had just my paper license, I was legal far past 21 days I just had to wait 5 months for this stupid card. I have been treated as a criminal ever since I applied for it, I smoked for 2-3 months in the past 10 years and now look where I'm at.

They have failed to show me that They would protect me!! I was registered and did have my paper card it was provided to LEO as was the original application from MDCH, and yet I lost my house,my car, my savings. Now they are working on my mothers house. btw I went from living in a 3 bedroom house, on a beautiful lot, to sleeping in the basement at my moms house.

Due to LEO and the Judge stating that the law wasn't clear enough for them about my CG growing in my home, (12 immature plants) thats all nothing more..no scales, no baggies, no usable MJ, I was robbed and I have been through hell over it, the person that robbed my home was never pursued and they know who did it.

I feel really let down on the so called protection that the State of Michigan has provided me thus far, I don't see why I should renew it?

I still cant smoke, cause the courts won't allow the use of MM (federal law)

I can't grow, cause I'm broke, I can't even afford to buy a bag(Oh yuh and I don't have a home anymore)

I'm labeled as a felon now, before I have even been convicted of a crime

I have 3 doctors to testify that they want me on marijuana and nothing else, so if they want to press me even more w/e what else can they take from me?

I figure If I'm arrested I will go back to court and fight it again, cause I have spoken to my Doctor BEFORE my arrest, and they all approve of my use.

I'm currently looking at prison time for being "legal" even though I had that card. It has done me no good at all NONE.

This decision would be easy for me if they had provided me with the so called protection they assured me. If Michael K says it's for the best then I will renew it, otherwise I'm really on the fence about it. I have a real bad taste in my mouth over sending the state money, when they lied to me and have yet to show me they have my best interest at heart.

I'm not suggesting everyone boycott the state and not get their cards, just saying I don't know if I'm going to.:huh:

Trix

I just opened my my mail, and there is my renewal reminder mine doesn't expire till April 2nd, letter is dated Jan.18th

Unless Michael K. says I have to renew, I'm not gonna dry.gif

Good luck Edward

Trix

what kind of mail was that Jan 18 and it's Feb 14 almost 4 weeks to get here from wear? oh yell Lansing about 50 miles away

am still waiting for my renewal letter from last year Yep 11 mouths never came ("Hey Leo we got cards over here") am sure they would like to end this program and just keep the $$$$$

I'm not sure DN, I understand we promote "get the card stay legal", I haven't smoked since Oct-Nov, since I was arrested for "not having my card" I had just my paper license, I was legal far past 21 days I just had to wait 5 months for this stupid card. I have been treated as a criminal ever since I applied for it, I smoked for 2-3 months in the past 10 years and now look where I'm at.

They have failed to show me that They would protect me!! I was registered and did have my paper card it was provided to LEO as was the original application from MDCH, and yet I lost my house,my car, my savings. Now they are working on my mothers house. btw I went from living in a 3 bedroom house, on a beautiful lot, to sleeping in the basement at my moms house.

Due to LEO and the Judge stating that the law wasn't clear enough for them about my CG growing in my home, (12 immature plants) thats all nothing more..no scales, no baggies, no usable MJ, I was robbed and I have been through hell over it, the person that robbed my home was never pursued and they know who did it.

I feel really let down on the so called protection that the State of Michigan has provided me thus far, I don't see why I should renew it?

I can't grow, cause I'm broke, I can't even afford to buy a bag(Oh yuh and I don't have a home anymore)

I have 3 doctors to testify that they want me on marijuana and nothing else, so if they want to press me even more w/e what else can they take from me?

I figure If I'm arrested I will go back to court and fight it again, cause I have spoken to my Doctor BEFORE my arrest, and they all approve of my use.

I'm currently looking at prison time for being "legal" even though I had that card. It has done me no good at all NONE.

This decision would be easy for me if they had provided me with the so called protection they assured me. If Michael K says it's for the best then I will renew it, otherwise I'm really on the fence about it. I have a real bad taste in my mouth over sending the state money, when they lied to me and have yet to show me they have my best interest at heart.

I'm not suggesting everyone boycott the state and not get their cards, just saying I don't know if I'm going to.:huh:

Trix

phaq the state you have a dr.s rec thats all you need, use the a,d it seems better than having a card,

the only draw back is you already are registered and admitted to the state that you smoke and grow, and they came and got your stuff! Its not like they are going to forget about you if you dont renew,,I wish I would have just never applied for it, I feel I wouldnt have had the problems ive has since becoming legal, but if im wrong, id prob be sitting in jail if I wasnt registered, I agree the state dont deserve the money and it sucks i have to renew every yr, i was on narcotics for over 13 yrs and I didnt have to pay the state anything!

Peace

FTW

Jim

My renewel check was cashed on like nov 1 card epired 12-1 got mine like the 6th of jan, so your gonna get yours soon, I know it sucks! I got my renewel done by my dr., i got the forms from here, and the day after i had the dr. rec i got my paper work from state!

Trix

Steering Committee here is one we need to take on the complete failure of MDCH/MMMP staff to take their job serious and issue all cards in accordance with their rules.

That entire department should be fired and replaced with all new personnel if I would of performed at my job as bad as they do I would of been fired!

They are no one special! Time to straighten them up!

Maybe use the ADA against them.

Peace

We are ALL in this together

Haiti's i had a card and it didn't protect me either . Matt even said that having the MMJ card has made my defense even harder for some reason . them saying I'm not covered under the AD or what ever. Being me a INFORMED JURY PLEASE. Might be better off hanging on the fence per say

don't worry KP it wont be Long we both will be FREE until then hang inn their the AD is solid i think you will be OK it's going to take some more time like 2 years am thinking

Haiti's i had a card and it didn't protect me either . Matt even said that having the MMJ card has made my defense even harder for some reason . them saying I'm not covered under the AD or what ever. Being me a INFORMED JURY PLEASE. Might be better off hanging on the fence per say

1StateofInjustice.jpgStAnger.jpg021.jpgGray-1-1.jpg3wolfmoon.jpgwolves-1-1.jpgHowlingWolf.jpg

My card expires in 2 weeks, I have still not got the Renewal packet. I also sent my stuff out a while ago to renew and they have not cashed my check either so I have no idea what is going on there.... But if they cash your check and process your app before your card expires then you should have the same number right? So I am going to carry around my new paperwork and my old card at all times...

Can anyone tell me why the MDCH has been so derilect in their duty to provide cards and renewals in a timely fashion? Are they doing anything about it? Is anyone on the state level doing anything about this? I can understand that initially they might need time to get things running smoothly, but not three years. Has anyone here written to the MDCH? If so, what was the response? Would it be appropriate to write our state congressmen about this problem? I know that with some LEO and our courts our cards don't always protect us, but they're really the only protection we have. Having to wait four months on average for a card that's only good for twelve months is outrageous.

As an aside, how much in advance should we send in our renewal? My card expires in the middle of May, and I don't want to be without one.

Can anyone tell me why the MDCH has been so derilect in their duty to provide cards and renewals in a timely fashion? Are they doing anything about it? Is anyone on the state level doing anything about this? I can understand that initially they might need time to get things running smoothly, but not three years. Has anyone here written to the MDCH? If so, what was the response? Would it be appropriate to write our state congressmen about this problem? I know that with some LEO and our courts our cards don't always protect us, but they're really the only protection we have. Having to wait four months on average for a card that's only good for twelve months is outrageous.

As an aside, how much in advance should we send in our renewal? My card expires in the middle of May, and I don't want to be without one.

Well new cards they are doing from Aug renewal should take less time last year it took me 3 Months but Torey got hers inn 3 weeks and they were sent out the same time

so who know for sure we are sending inn are renewal this week it will be are 3 card and it expires 5-1-11

Archived