Federal Drug Agents Seize Six Gallons Of Pcp In Detroit

Federal drug agents have seized more than six gallons of PCP (phencyclidine) in Detroit, the largest seizure of PCP ever on record in the state of Michigan, authorities announced today.

Charged in the drug bust was Eric Mitchell, of Carson, Calif., who was arrested Feb. 13 and charged with helping run a PCP distribution ring in southeast Michigan.

"A seizure of this size puts a significant dent in the availability of a very dangerous drug throughout Metro Detroit," said Robert L. Corso, special agent in charge with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

According to Corso, PCP is infamous for causing users to act irrationally or violently, and is most often used in conjunction with marijuana. Equally important, he said, is that it is such a volatile substance that it has the potential to ignite, explode or emit dangerous fumes, even when left unattended, making it dangerous not only to the user, but also to anyone in the vicinity of the drug.

On Feb. 14, Mitchell appeared on a criminal complaint before District Court Judge Paul Borman and was released on a $150,000 bond secured by property in California. If convicted, he faces up to life in prison.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110216/NEWS01/110216041/Federal-drug-agents-seize-six-gallons-PCP-Detroit?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Federal drug agents have seized more than six gallons of PCP (phencyclidine) in Detroit, the largest seizure of PCP ever on record in the state of Michigan, authorities announced today.

released on a $150,000 bond

What really gets me is are friend Bobandtorey, is out on $1,000,000 bond for some plants in Dixie cups...

They just bust this guy with 6 gallons of PCP the largest bust ever in Michigan and he gets out with $150,000 bond something is seriously wrong here..

Trix

Charged in the drug bust was Eric Mitchell, of Carson, Calif., who was arrested Feb. 13 and charged with helping run a PCP distribution ring in southeast Michigan.

"A seizure of this size puts a significant dent in the availability of a very dangerous drug throughout Metro Detroit," said Robert L. Corso, special agent in charge with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

According to Corso, PCP is infamous for causing users to act irrationally or violently, and is most often used in conjunction with marijuana. Equally important, he said, is that it is such a volatile substance that it has the potential to ignite, explode or emit dangerous fumes, even when left unattended, making it dangerous not only to the user, but also to anyone in the vicinity of the drug.

On Feb. 14, Mitchell appeared on a criminal complaint before District Court Judge Paul Borman and was released on a $150,000 bond secured by property in California. If convicted, he faces up to life in prison.

http://www.freep.com...|text|FRONTPAGE

Hmmm... 'often used with marijuana' that is funny .... been smokin grass 20+ yrs & i could not tell you what PCP is ...or what to to with it !!

I have had my share of encounters w/ drug users growing up, and PCP has never been seen before, I see heroin, coke, ecstasy, prescription meds.. that's about the extent I see around me..

Crap now that I see myself type it, I really need to move. LOL I do stay off 8 mile right by the overpass though.

most people I hear about now a days are all strung out on heroin, and downers

Trix

Thats what it is Monkey or Elephant tranquilizer, I believe. In other words its in the Vetrinarian side of the Pharmacopia. Do they do Narcotics too ? I didn't know it came in Gal. Size too ! Maybe they can use it on the Death Row Patients?/Criminals, since they can't get the Legally Prescribed Drug, as the Mfgs won't sell it to them anymore ...

Hmmm... 'often used with marijuana' that is funny .... been smokin grass 20+ yrs & i could not tell you what PCP is ...or what to to with it !!

well i been using weed for almost 40 yrs, and I do know what pcp is, you basicly have to use it with something, it is just to powerful, unfortunatly i know of the stuff and could very well know this person that got caught with it, (i never said i was a saint) i have a past!

pcp will absorb thru your skin and mess you all up, it is the most powerful drug i ever did, and yes we laced it in a joint, and cut it with baking sodah so it would smoke, we didnt know how to use crack pipes back than! I never seen anyone with me get violent, but quite a few passed out like dead for several hrs, sad but we kinda got used to that happening to our friends so we just let them sleep, no one ever died thank god, in the summer you have to freeze it, it comes in almost liquid form, in the winter i comes in a more powdery form, but still needed to be stored in a freezer! they also use to soak it into mint leaves and you sucked on the mint leave, people that I knew back than that kept doing it are either dead, brain dead or in prison! jsut like my 23yrs ago crack friends, not to many living a normal life, if not dead they are in jail!

Peace and good job on getting that off of the streets

FTW

Jim

well i been using weed for almost 40 yrs, and I do know what pcp is, you basicly have to use it with something, it is just to powerful, unfortunatly i know of the stuff and could very well know this person that got caught with it, (i never said i was a saint) i have a past!

pcp will absorb thru your skin and mess you all up, it is the most powerful drug i ever did, and yes we laced it in a joint, and cut it with baking sodah so it would smoke, we didnt know how to use crack pipes back than! I never seen anyone with me get violent, but quite a few passed out like dead for several hrs, sad but we kinda got used to that happening to our friends so we just let them sleep, no one ever died thank god, in the summer you have to freeze it, it comes in almost liquid form, in the winter i comes in a more powdery form, but still needed to be stored in a freezer! they also use to soak it into mint leaves and you sucked on the mint leave, people that I knew back than that kept doing it are either dead, brain dead or in prison! jsut like my 23yrs ago crack friends, not to many living a normal life, if not dead they are in jail!

Peace and good job on getting that off of the streets

FTW

Jim

glad to see you remarked. knew one of us was gonna have to hold "long lost drug class" again.

why do we still call it "the good old days"? lol

glad to see you remarked. knew one of us was gonna have to hold "long lost drug class" again.

why do we still call it "the good old days"? lol

I guess some of us mite have learned something from the good ole days! while others didnt, just like today heroin is back in, they do it in high schools even up here! I cant believe you can get heroin in a small northern town, or people pay top dollare for the hill bill heroin oxci's I dont know why they call that hill billy heroin when heroin is cheaper!

oh well live and learn, you can only direct people! Its pretty hard to help Stupid!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived