Friend Or Foe Of The Medical Marijuana Community.

FRIEND OR FOE OF THE MEDICAL MARIJUANA COMMUNITY.

THE FINAL DESTINATION FOR OPPONENTS OF THE MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA ACT.

It has been talked about way too long, and the time has finally come. People need to know who is a friend and who is a foe of the Medical Marihuana Act. This site and this thread, with the communities help will be the final destination for all those that rely upon our vote to remain elected officials.

With a little organization we could collectively produce the voting block/slate, statewide, at all levels of government that represents this communities best interests.

I am proposing in this thread, we list the significant and relevant information regarding the elected officials: jurisdiction, when they were elected, length of their term, party affiliation and most significantly when they are up for election next. As we get closer to the various elections dates, a simple search of this thread should provide valuable information for our community to make intelligent choices of who is a friend and who is a foe.

Also, this will be a good place to share information, and stories, good or bad of how elected officials are treating members of our community. It may even be a little therapeutic to vent, or praise when appropriate.

If you know of a Judge who has made it clear that they are opposing the MMMA, let's call them out, right here, for our community to know and be informed. Each of Judges should know that we are talking about them, researching their positions, and targeting one thing and one thing only- to gather votes to remove them from office. I would suggest that we have more than enough people in this community to get the job done. This list should start now, and within the coming year we will be able to clearly identify who can stay and who needs to go.

“WE WILL DECIDE WHO IS GOING TO STAY AND WHO HAS GOT TO GO”

For the legislative branch of Government, state and local levels.

If you go to a city hall meeting, take names, take numbers, on this thread, let others know who the friends and the foes are. Identify where they hold their power, and when they will be asking for our vote to retain them.

Blueberry has already provided the software for the letter writing campaign to our State Legislature. We should use this feature to send letters to each of the newly elected, and incumbent officials and give them a designation of either friend or foe depending on their response. At various times, we can send them the statistics of the number of people that are viewing the posted information on our site. Then they will know that we are not playing around.

Together we can help shape the outcome of our future.

Name:

Jurisdiction:

Elected Position:

Length of Term:

Year of Next Election:

Friend:

Or

Foe:

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-10:00p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE FINAL DESTINATION FOR OPPONENTS OF THE MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA ACT.

It has been talked about way too long, and the time has finally come. People need to know who is a friend and who is a foe of the Medical Marihuana Act. This site and this thread, with the communities help will be the final destination for all those that rely upon our vote to remain elected officials.

With a little organization we could collectively produce the voting block/slate, statewide, at all levels of government that represents this communities best interests.

I am proposing in this thread, we list the significant and relevant information regarding the elected officials: jurisdiction, when they were elected, length of their term, party affiliation and most significantly when they are up for election next. As we get closer to the various elections dates, a simple search of this thread should provide valuable information for our community to make intelligent choices of who is a friend and who is a foe.

Also, this will be a good place to share information, and stories, good or bad of how elected officials are treating members of our community. It may even be a little therapeutic to vent, or praise when appropriate.

If you know of a Judge who has made it clear that they are opposing the MMMA, let's call them out, right here, for our community to know and be informed. Each of Judges should know that we are talking about them, researching their positions, and targeting one thing and one thing only- to gather votes to remove them from office. I would suggest that we have more than enough people in this community to get the job done. This list should start now, and within the coming year we will be able to clearly identify who can stay and who needs to go.

For the legislative branch of Government, state and local levels.

If you go to a city hall meeting, take names, take numbers, on this thread, let others know who the friends and the foes are. Identify where they hold their power, and when they will be asking for our vote to retain them.

Blueberry has already provided the software for the letter writing campaign to our State Legislature. We should use this feature to send letters to each of the newly elected, and incumbent officials and give them a designation of either friend or foe depending on their response. At various times, we can send them the statistics of the number of people that are viewing the posted information on our site. Then they will know that we are not playing around.

Name:

Jurisdiction:

Elected Position:

Length of Term:

Year of Next Election:

Friend:

Or

Foe:

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-10:00p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

EVERYONE IN OAKLAND COUNTY.... SHERIFFS, PROSECUTING ATTORNEYS...PRETTY MUCH ALL THE JUDGES. THEY ALL HAVE TO GO.

SPECIFICALLY WATERFORD, ROYAL OAK, BIRMINGHAM, OHH AND LIVONIA. AND DON'T FORGET THE WEST SIDERS HOLLAND, GRAND RAPIDS, WYOMING...ANY CITY OF MUNICIPALITY THAT DOES NOT ALLOW PATIENTS TO PROCURE, BUY, SELL OR TRADE THEIR MEDS HAS GO TO GO NOW...NOT LATER,,,NOW.

WE MUST PUSH THESE OUTDATED PEOPLE OUT OF OFFICE. NO MORE OF THIS ARRESTING AND PROSECUTING PATIENTS AND CAREGIVERS.

THEY SEE US AS A MONEY MACHINE. WE ARE NOT THEIR ATM'S ANYMORE. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAUL US INTO COOURT TO GET THEIR OVERTIME. LET THEM GO BUST THE DRUNK DRIVERS...OR BETTER YET CRACK DEALERS OR HEROIN PUSHERS.

Michael,

This is an excellent idea!

Let me start doing some research on some people and I will post it back here.

There is one name that comes to mind...that of Judge L. Suzanne Geddis from over in Howell/Livinston County. (GrandMaster Wizard of the "Livingston Lovefest")

Mizerman

Edited by mizerman

Thank you Michael!

Confrontation seems to be all they understand!

You here them all the time speaking on human rights and fair treatment by the political leaders of third and second world countries. Time for them to start practicing what they preach at home.

Peace

We are ALL in this together

Edited by EdwardGlen

• 3 weeks later...

See you tonight, Michael;

From MINORML:

http://www.minorml.org/

Candidate Responses: County-by-County

The candidate response list began late last summer in order to provide Michigan voters with a comprehensive list of responses, given by candidates running for ANY office, to two questions:

1. Do you support the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act?

2. Would you support/endorse/etc. legislation to legalize and regulate cannabis for all adults?

Though answers were not always given by the politicians, to be able to look to one single list and know who supports cannabis reform is a wonderful tool when politicians certainly aren't airing commercials promoting their stance on cannabis. To further the idea a county-by-county map was made in order to find the politicians in your area with ease.

Now that the 2010 elections are over Michigan NORML intends to keep the list and make it better. We ask everyone to look at the list, and if a representative you know has no answers, then ask the questions. Email them, call their office, or send a hand-written letter. By 2012 lets have the most comprehensive list of pro-cannabis candidates possible: EVERY representive/candidate.

The list and map are currently out-of-date and/or not relevant since the election. However, within the next few months things will be refined with a list of current office-holders and their answers; a map for current office holders; a map for elections; and, a list for elections.

The county-by-county calendar is out of date with candidates that may not have made it passed the primaries. For the most up-to-date candidates, please view the complete listing of Michigan candidates (except local elections unless received) by downloading either the Microsoft Excel file or a PDF of the list:

Microsoft Excel

PDF

Click Here For County-by-County Map

Atty General Bill Schuette ®

Sheriff Michael Bouchard ®

Oakland Cty Prosecutor Jessica Cooper (D) for you Bob... bless you... she is not going to get reelected if we work on it...

Oakland County Head Dude L Brooks Patterson ®

Judge Kimberly Small 48th District Court

Appeals Judge Henry Saad

City Commissioner in Royal Oak Semchenka (sorry bad spelling, but he is a not so nice guy)

take your pick, be assured they are all pieces of work

Edited by elvis firewolf

Thanks Michael!

We're focusing on just the medical issue, not full legalization, though I agree that NORML is a good group, they're been around for about 30 years or so I think. Last year, I looked at their list to see what the reps' medical stance is and there are some who will support medical use, but not full legalization. For now I think it'd be good to put them on our list and stay focused on medical usage. I don't know if the list was updated to include the newly elected reps.

There may be a friend in my area, a judge, and a lawyer or two, I will find out definitely and put it here.

Sb

Recall referendums are being kicked around by several groups in Michigan in response to the outrageous behavior of Lansing and a political alliance with our community can be very productive for everyone.

Its amazing how several million votes can boost your social standing.

To Your Continued Good Health

Ed

Thanks Michael!

We're focusing on just the medical issue, not full legalization, though I agree that NORML is a good group, they're been around for about 30 years or so I think. Last year, I looked at their list to see what the reps' medical stance is and there are some who will support medical use, but not full legalization. For now I think it'd be good to put them on our list and stay focused on medical usage. I don't know if the list was updated to include the newly elected reps.

There may be a friend in my area, a judge, and a lawyer or two, I will find out definitely and put it here.

Sb

I hope this is not considered advertising . I purposely posted this here and not in a seperate thread as a peace offering on that note . However for many of you working hard within the MMMA you may also be interested in meeting people within this group and some may be attending the Hash Bash April 2nd .

There are not as many members of Michigan Norml that one would think in a State this large ( Federal Members may be Larger ) . They are heavily represented with medical cannabis patients within their ranks . Many of their members you will recognize as being some of the lead activists in the Medical Cannabis Movement . Many patients are not sure how they feel about legalization I believe once one has studied Medical Cannabis as a topic you understand the harm our current laws create towards recreational users that needs to be corrected , ( this includes ill people without qualifiing or recognized conditions )

. They have 4 open meetings a year in the State where the public is invited to attend if they so desire - you only need to bring a polite demeaner extending a hand in friendship . You do not need a membership to attend . For information only Normal has State and National memberships . The State group charges $15 annual for a membership and has several group funtions a year ,conducts pro legalization activites as well as do community service projects . I think there are just under 400 members State wide paying dues currently and the people really represent some of the most talented and kindness people similar to what one finds in all the medicinal cannabis groups that have formed in the State .

Like any group they provide scholorship memberships in cases of extreme hardship .Their next open quarterly public meeting in the late afternoon Friday at 5:30 pm the day before the hash bash at the Ann Arbor Clarion on Jackon Rd. Just west of I-94 at exit 172 . It may be a good opertunity for those that are not familar with them to meet some of the members . Further they will be sponsoring a legal medication tent at the Clarion on Jackson Rd for ANY qualified patient cardholders . I found this notice the other day . Again I aplogize if it is felt this is advertising . i have no interest in this at all except seeing patients and those with similar interests of promoting positive , responsable Cannabis policy to get together . For people from out of the area this may well be the only place to legaliy use medicinal Cannabis in town that weekend besides private property so MMMA patients should be aware of the opertunity to take advantage of it .Ann Arbor has very good cab service ( though waits can be up to a hour when busy ) . To reduce waits and save money remember up to 4 people can share a cab and the cost for the same price as 1 . Ann Arbor has a no Flag down ordinance so you should walk up to a Stand downtown or call .

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE : WHEN: Friday, April 1st,2011, 5:30pm WHERE: Clarion Hotel & Conference Center (Amphitheater) 2900 Jackson Rd. Ann Arbor,MI 48103(No alcohol,smoke,or food allowed in Meeting room or public areas,please). This is a 'no-smoking' hotel. There will be a heated medication tent in the parking lot donated by EXPO ENTERTAINMENT GROUP. Who: MINORML members & general public

Edited by Croppled1

Thanks for the post, Croppled,

Most of our troubles here in Michigan and elsewhere as it relates to MMJ arrests and harassment would be over if there were to be changes in the FEDERAL laws related to cannabis and its use.

As long as Federal anti-cannabis money flows into the state LEO departments the 'troubles' will continue, no matter WHAT MMJ laws we might pass here in Michigan.

Getting some people to understand this concept proves to be difficult for some reason.

Edited by greenbuddha

OK I'm gonna say this ONE MORE TIME: I am NOT against legalization. NOW IS NOT the time to push for it, that's all.

Sb

I think you can stop worrying, SB.

The Feds aren't going to legalize it any time SOON.

But with a little encouragement they might decriminalize it.

And if they do change THC's 'Schedule' it will be so 'big pharmacies' can sell it to us as a 'medication'.

Remember... relax... breath deeply.

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your thoughts about Medical Marijuana in Michigan and SB 17. You emailed me several weeks, so I apologize for the delay in my response. While I cannot tell if I am not Representative without your street address, I wanted to let you know that I headed up a task force to look at the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act last session, and I have met with many stakeholders, including patients, caregivers, law enforcement and the state departments involved. I understand how beneficial medical marijuana can be to some people suffering with certain medical conditions. I also am familiar with SB 17 and I do not support it. I agree with you that the law would be redundant and could threaten the rights of people to peaceably assemble.

When it comes before the House, I plan to oppose this bill if it is brought before us in its current form. I do not sit on the House committee that would consider the bill, so my first opportunity to officially weigh in on the bill will be when it is brought up for a vote.

Again, thank you for contacting my office. You are an important part of the legislative process.

Sincerely,

Fred Durhal, Jr.

State Representative, District 6

S 0685 House Office Building

P.O. Box 30014

Lansing, MI 48909-7514

517.373.0844 (Lansing office)

877.877.9007 (Lansing - toll-free)

517.373-5711 (Lansing fax)

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your thoughts about Medical Marijuana in Michigan and SB 17. You emailed me several weeks, so I apologize for the delay in my response. While I cannot tell if I am not Representative without your street address, I wanted to let you know that I headed up a task force to look at the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act last session, and I have met with many stakeholders, including patients, caregivers, law enforcement and the state departments involved. I understand how beneficial medical marijuana can be to some people suffering with certain medical conditions. I also am familiar with SB 17 and I do not support it. I agree with you that the law would be redundant and could threaten the rights of people to peaceably assemble.

When it comes before the House, I plan to oppose this bill if it is brought before us in its current form. I do not sit on the House committee that would consider the bill, so my first opportunity to officially weigh in on the bill will be when it is brought up for a vote.

Again, thank you for contacting my office. You are an important part of the legislative process.

Sincerely,

Fred Durhal, Jr.

State Representative, District 6

S 0685 House Office Building

P.O. Box 30014

Lansing, MI 48909-7514

517.373.0844 (Lansing office)

877.877.9007 (Lansing - toll-free)

517.373-5711 (Lansing fax)

Thanks now we know we have him on are side but we do know that they do lie just ask Blueberry

I had sent my rep a few emails recently, one on SB17 and another on driving with THC in one's system. I got a reply today. It seems like she may be sympathetic to medical MJ.

Dear Mr. xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting me regarding Senate Bill 17, which would prohibit the organization and operation of marijuana bars and clubs.

As you mention in your email, Senator Rick Jones has asserted that this legislation is aimed at preventing patients from driving after medicating. Senator Jones is the primary sponsor of Senate Bill 17 and urged the quick passage of the legislation in his testimony before the Senate’s Health Policy Committee on March 3rd.

I believe that is imperative that all patients be able to assemble peaceably in order to discuss their common concerns. The citizens of Michigan overwhelmingly supported the allowance of medical marijuana in the 2008 election, and as always, I believe the will of the people needs to be upheld.

Please be assured that as Minority Vice Chair of the Health Policy Committee, I will continue to work vigorously to advocate for patient rights and will oppose this legislation should it come to the Senate floor for a vote.

Once again, thank you for your correspondence on this important issue. If you have any questions or would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact me at (517) 373-2406 or senrwarren@senate.michigan.gov.

Sincerely,

Rebekah Warren

State Senator

18th District

• 1 month later...

Name:

Jurisdiction:

Elected Position:

Length of Term:

Year of Next Election:

Friend:

Or

Foe:

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

If these guys are elected, i nominate the (Grand Rapids area?) judges who rejected camera use in a recent Michigan Appeals court case: Joel Hoekstra, Christopher Murray and Michael Kelly.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/30954-court-must-explain-camera-ban-in-medical-pot-case/page__p__291788#entry291788

Edited by legacy

If these guys are elected, i nominate the (Grand Rapids area?) judges who rejected camera use in a recent Michigan Appeals court case: Joel Hoekstra, Christopher Murray and Michael Kelly.

Details of this story are found in the thread "Court Must Explain Camera Ban In Medical Pot Case" posted today by rafaeltoral.

I 2nd that nomination.